Start by marking “Crossing the Ice (Ice #1)” as Want to Read:
Crossing the Ice (Ice #1)

Crossing the Ice (Ice #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  440 Ratings  ·  182 Reviews
Falling hard never felt so good.

Pair skaters Courtney and Mark have one shot left at their Olympic dream. They vow not to let anything get in their way, especially not Josh and Stephanie, the wealthy and talented brother and sister team.

The heart doesn’t always listen to reason, though…

The more time Courtney spends with sweet, shy Josh, the harder she falls for him. But th
Published August 7th 2014 by Jennifer Comeaux

To ask other readers questions about Crossing the Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crossing the Ice

Lynn
I discovered Jennifer Comeuax by a happy accident when I stumbled upon her first book Life On The Edge. She writes sweet and clean romances with New Adult aged characters that stand out differently than most other NA because her characters don't follow the same old tropes or issues so often found there. Her romances center around strong athletic girls in the world of Figure Skating.

Crossing The Ice is a companion series to Jennifer Comeaux's Edge Series but can be read as a stand alone. This sto
Tracey (Life and Literature)
I've only recently discovered the wonderful thing that is audiobooks. Only a few months back I listened to my first one and was hooked. However I do find that my enjoyment has a lot to do with the narrator. If it's not how I imagined, I can find my mind drifting a little while I'm reading. But I didn't have that problem once with Crossing the Ice. Emily Stokes did a wonderful job of alternating voices so that I was never in doubt over who was speaking. I especially loved Sergei's voice. She also ...more
Laurence R.
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-review
This is the perfect kind of cheer-me-up book, believe me. It has great romance, an interesting plot, and a passion shared by most of the characters, which I love in books. There's just something about passionate characters that I adore, and I was more than satisfied with this book. While the characters in this particular novel are very intense, sometimes a little bit too much, about their Olympic dream, it was refreshing to read about ambitious characters who take sports seriously.

I might as wel
Courtney Whittamore- The Moral of our Stories
I received a digital copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion. To see the full post, please go to my website at this link: http://www.themoralofourstories.com/b...

Forbidden love – it’s a tale as old as time. The heart has a funny way of choosing the one person we think we should stay away from and earnestly begin to yearn for. Especially when the stakes are high, and you have everything to lose.

This story revolves around the lives of pair ice skaters Courtney and Mark. These two are
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
“I’ve always wondered what it would be like to skate with someone you’re dating,” I said. “If there would be just this crazy amount of energy.”
Josh turned to me and held my gaze. “I bet it would feel incredible.”

A few years have passed since we last left off and Courtney is all grown up and living her dream. She is well on her way to the Olympics with her partner Mark at her side. Then the unthinkable happens. She is forced to work side by side with her competitors...day in and day out. Soon
Jillyn
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I should go on the record- I'm not a big user of audiobooks. That being said, I made an exception when I came across Crossing the Ice. I helped take part in a book blitz for the book awhile back, and was eagerly awaiting the chance to read (or listen to) it. For reason unbeknownst to me, I absolutely adore books with sports themes. Ice skating falls snugly right into that category. This is my first reading experience from Jennifer Comeaux, but I hope it won't be the last. This hit the spot.

I fee
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: I did enjoy Crossing the Ice. I loved Ms. Comeaux’s Edge series, and I couldn’t wait to read the first book in this spinoff series.

It started off a bit slow. It took me a bit to get into the story, and I’m not exactly sure why. That may have been a personal reading issue. I’m not sure. However, once I got into the story, I didn’t want to put it down.

Courtney and Mark are trying their best to achieve their dream. You can’t help but root for them. I wanted them to skate thei
Jess (the cozy reader)
Big thanks to Jennifer for an ARC copy for review.

What a fun and delightful novel. I must say that Jennifer Comeaux has really turned me into an avid skating fan just by reading her books. I can always see her dedication and love for this sport come alive in her writing. This was truly another treasure.

This book follows Courtney Foster, one of Emily and Sergei's pair students, who was also in the previous series. We get to see her journey in trying to make it to the Olympics along with her alon
Valerie
Since I listened to this one, I'll start with the narrator. Emily Stokes is the narrator. I thought the narration was fine. Some of her voices seemed dramatic but there is was nothing that had me wanting to stop listening. I'm not sure the quality of the audio was as good as it could have been. There were just some odd places with strange sounds and pauses.

This book is super sweet. Courtney and Josh may be in their early twenties but they have the feel of much younger characters. I think the re
Tiana
Jan 08, 2016 added it
Shelves: asked-to-review
I read this as part of the Xpresso Book Tours, and received a copy from NetGalley. I think the tour ended right after I received my copy, but that's not going to stop me from leaving a review because I was so swept away with this book!

Who doesn't love a good figure skating love story? I mean, I definitely watched the Cutting Edge a few times in a row when I was younger. This book has it's own unique take on the pairs skating competition an the romance that blooms on and off the ice. I felt like
Jennifer Comeaux
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm so happy I can finally share this book with the world! I had so much fun writing it and falling in love with these characters :) I hope you'll love the story and the characters as much as I do!! Courtney and Josh are near and dear to my heart :)
Bobbie Jo Smith
Super sweet story about young love and going after your dreams.
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I received an audiobook copy for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

Crossing the Ice is a book I've been wanting to read for a while now, and so I jumped at the chance to review the audiobook. I don't have much experience with audiobooks - I borrowed one from the library quite a while ago and didn't like it. But listening to Crossing the Ice was a completely different experience and has made me a fan of audiobooks forever.

The narrator, Emily Stokes, has a pleasant voice, and it was e
Cátia
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For more reviews click HERE

Actual Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

*I was provided a copy by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

If there’s something you should know about me is that I’m a huge figure skating fan. I’m not even kidding. I haven’t been watching a lot of competitions recently (mostly since Brian Joubert and Nathalie Péchalat/Fabian Bourzat retired a couple of years ago) but it’s still something I really love to watch so when I saw this book on NetGalley I knew I wante
Lauren (My Expanding Bookshelf)
I think I'm in love... Crossing the Ice feels like it was made for me! Figure skating and romance... who could ask for more. I adore this book.

Crossing the Ice is told in the first-person perspective of Courtney and it's brilliant to hear about figure skating from the point of view of the person doing the skating. I learnt so much! The writing and story are both simply beautiful. The pace is perfect and I marathoned the whole book in two days. I was just desperate to know of Courtney and Josh co
One-Click
Audiobook

Narration - Emily Stokes - Really Good

Wow! This was such an unexpectedly wonderful book. This is my first time reading this author, received the audiobook in exchange for a review and now, I'm a super fan.

This is a clean young adult romance that is refreshing, exciting, romantic, heartbreaking and triumphant. Courtney and Mark and pairs skating partners with Olympic dreams when their trainers take on one of their biggest rival teams to train side by side with them.

The story revolves ar
Sharon
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank the author, Jennifer Comeaux, for providing me with the audio version of this book, in exchange for an honest review.

After a less than stellar World Competition, pair skating partners Courtney and Mark are stunned to learn that their long time coaches Sergei and Emily have made a drastic change. In an effort to inspire greatness, they have invited rival skaters Josh and Stephanie Tucker to train at their facility as they vie for two berths at the upcoming Olympics. When the
Nasty Lady MJ
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
To see full binge review click here.

Really 2.5 stars

The good news: the main character is more developed in this spinoff for the first 3/4s of the book. I have to say it’s refreshing to read a character who’s not exactly perfect (unlike Emily).

The sad thing: Josh holds nothing to Sergei and has the personality of a dead noodle.

So it’s essentially the inverse of the Sergei and Emily narrative.

I do think that Comeaux has developed as a writer. The prose was much easier to read in this one. And as a
Linda
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
From an early age, Courtney Coulton dreamed of going to the Olympics,and she did work hard at it and even was a bartender at a local restaurant to pay her bills and save for her dream since her mom and dad were middle class workers and had spent a lot of money on her training for years. Courtney had agreed to live with her coach since it was so much easier than commuting to Boston everyday. When Em said Josh Tucker and his sister would be training with her and her partner Mark, she was against i ...more
Cristina Valencia
Crossing the Ice (Ice, #1) by Jennifer Comeaux
I am a huge figure skating fan and I obviously love books but I had never read a book about figure skating. Before I started the book, I kept thinking I would either love it or hate it. But as soon as I started reading, I quickly realized it was going to be the latter. Crossing the Ice was funny, nerve-wrecking, sweet, and above all very entertaining.

I thoroughly enjoyed the interactions between Courtney and Josh and in various occasions I found myself laughing out loud. Josh was a different k
Jillian
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i wasn't sure...I mean it sounded good but ice skating? well obviously I loved it. it brought out the little girl in me. I smiled I practically cried and I cheer. the main character was incredibly relatable and Stephanie!?!?! give me a break....why did no one break her face? lol the ending was amazing. this book was everything I wanted it to be. im definitely going to recommend this book to every one!
Aydrea
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC Review

So freaking cute, I love Courtney & Josh. Josh is for sure one of my favorite book guys; he is quiet & sweet. He & Court are adorable together, but there is definitely some heat too. I also like that they challenge each other. I did not like Stephanie though, ugh, what a mean girl! It was nice to Em & Sergei as well and some other characters from previous books. I enjoyed the plot as well & I hope to read more of Court & Josh!
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)

Engaging, Intersting. My favorite bits were the scenes in the restaurant. Josh was super sweet- dreamy. Loved him. Content: While no sex, make out scenes got a bit descriptive for me and went farther than I was all together comfortable with.
Carmen
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given an Ebook copy of this book via NetGalley for exchanging for an honest review.

So much LOVE for this book! <3 Nice story lines and character planning, also the relationships were so romantic! <3
Booknut
Check out my review as a part of the Crossing the Ice Audiobook Tour: http://21stcenturyonceuponatime.blogs...
Becca
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tour, favorites
Originally posted on my blog:

I am so excited to be taking part in the Crossing the Ice Blog tour! Thanks for stopping by to check out my review of this amazing book!

I absolutely love figure skating and I could tell from Jennifer Comeaux’s writing that she is a huge fan and really does her research on the sport! Her look into the world of competitive skating was both interesting and very fun!

I loved this book so much! The characters, the skating, the slow burn romance. It was all perfect and I j
Michelle
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**

Crossing the Ice is the first in a new ice skating series by Jennifer Comeaux. It is a spin off series from her Edge series. The ice skaters from the Edge series are the coaches in the Ice series, so they make plenty of appearances. I never read the Edge series, but I so completely loved Crossing the Ice that I am excited to see what the Edge series is about. Figure Skating is my favorite sport in the winter Olympics
books are love
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
The skating aspect is amazing and so real. The training, the competitiveness is just so real. You feel like you are living these characters hopes, dreams and disappointments. This is a sweet romance. They struggle to get together not because they don’t like each other but because of their skate partners and being each other’s competition. For Josh though this isn’t a issue. He doesn’t care. He has liked Courtney for eight years. She has been his inspiration in the choreography he creates and he ...more
Savannah
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now, I usually go for the young adult fantasy and paranormal books, but who doesn't like a good old-fashioned romance every now and then? And watching the ice skating portion of the Olympics is a guilty pleasure. Let's start with a synopsis.
Courtney is an ice skater who has been preparing for pair skating in the Olympics with her partner Mark for 9 years since she was 12 and he was 14. At the beginning of the book, this year is her last shot as she is about to start college and Mark is planning
Ally
Dec 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
NetGalley. Thanks for the copy.

I used to ice skate (for single and pair skating) before I was forced to quit (due to medical issues). Because of the years I used to ice skate, I know a lot more about ice skating than the average reader. I was hoping that the book goes into depth for the world building (e.g. begin discussing little things like Axel jump and camel spin and talking how high scores could be), but it didn't. That is a huge disappointment right there.

Let's talk more about the world b
  • Podium Finish
  • Pocket Full of Posies (Hostage Negotiation Team #3)
  • Spell Struck (The Teen Wytche Saga Book 2)
  • Honor (Rhynan #2)
  • The Christmas Cowboy (Rodeo Romance, #1)
  • A Good-Lookin' Man
  • Summer in Snow Valley (Snow Valley Romance Anthologies #2)
  • Cub Creek
  • The Feisty One
  • A Minute on the Lips (Welcome to Tall Pines #1)
  • A Portrait for Toni
  • The Guy Next Door
  • Up to Date (Better Date than Never, #8)
  • Athena (The Newport Ladies Book Club)
  • Flamethroat (Fire Mage, #2)
  • Only With You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #5)
  • Spring Vacation Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Summer in New York Collection
Jennifer Comeaux is a tax accountant by day, writer by night. There aren’t any ice rinks near her home in south Louisiana, but she’s a diehard figure skating fan and loves to write stories of romance set in the world of competitive skating. One of her favorite pastimes is traveling to competitions, where she can experience all the glitz and drama that inspire her writing. When she's not writing, t ...more
More about Jennifer Comeaux

Ice (3 books)
  • Losing the Ice (Ice #2)
  • Taking the Ice (Ice #3)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
  • Wildfire In His Arms
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“So, do you have to send The Piano Man the secret code word to come down?”

“Did you just call Josh The Piano Man?”

“Well, I thought we should have a code name for him in case anyone’s listening when we talk about you, and your mom said he plays the piano.”
3 likes
“Yeah, because off the ice the only language Stephanie speaks is fluent Bitch.” 2 likes