Start by marking “Rebellion (The Elysium Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Rebellion (The Elysium Chronicles, #3)

Rebellion

(The Elysium Chronicles #3)

The thrilling conclusion to J. A. Souders’s riveting SF psychological thriller series for teens

In this conclusion to J. A. Souders’s thrilling, twist-filled Elysium Chronicles series, Evie Winters and Gavin Hunter return to the isolated, dangerous underwater city that they fought so hard to escape.

Back in Elysium at last, Evie has finally found her
Published July 12th 2016 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about Rebellion, please sign up.

Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Almost three years have passed since the release of Revelations, the previous book in J. A. Souders’ Elysium chronicles trilogy, but loyal fans haven’t forgotten Evie, Gavin or Asher. Renegade gave us a chance to explore a gorgeous underwater view with a very dark side, and Revelations really developed our three main characters and set them on a dangerous path.

In Rebellion, Evie, Gavin and Asher are back in Elysium, fighting Mother with the help of Father and his Underground. Mother is fighting
Amberly
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Umm...WTF just happened?!

Right from the start we are dropped in the action. And I'll be honest, I was completely lost. It has been awhile since I read the first two books. Though I remember quite a bit, I don't remember everything. Usually, I re-read the prior books before jumping in, but I figured I could get away with not doing that this time since I was excited for the conclusion. That was the wrong decision to make. Even after finishing the book, I am still lost on certain things that happe
Nicole
Dec 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
That wasn't a good twist. That wasn't clever. That was a big fuck you to the readers.

Even without that ending the book really wasn't that great. Two star read is what I was thinking while I was reading. And then that ending. Why did I read this book? What was the point? Why does this book even exist? That was an actual waste of time. Forget one star. I want stars back from this book.
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 2.75/5

Review coming soon!
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Young Adult, Science Fiction
*Rating* 3.5?

*My Thoughts*

Rebellion is the third and final installment in author J.A. Souders The Elysium Chronicles. Evelyn "Evie" Winters has broken free of Mother's mind control manipulations and joined with the rebellion. It is now time for Evie to be the leader that the rebellion and those who know about Mother's past believes she can be. After all, Evie was not only trained to be one of Mother's enfor
Saiokuo
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Series in a nutshell: Bioshock aimed at a YA crowd with a prominent romance subplot (and marginally less splicers).

Rating without the final chapter: 3.5 stars
Rating with the final chapter: 1 star

Yeah. The final chapter is really that bad. So here’s the thing about twist endings; they’re really hard to pull off well. A good twist ending will change the entire experience up to that point and cause the reader to reflect on how this new information changes what happened
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
I have waited so long to read this finale and was excited when the publisher sent me a copy for review. I was hoping for a brilliant finish but I'm sad to say while most of the story was really good the end fell short. I am underwhelmed and sad :(
Haley
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it

Rebellion is the finale to the Elysium trilogy. If you are unfamiliar with the series, it’s set in an under water sea colony that used to be a resort, but then a woman who calls herself mother killed her father, the owner and took over. Evie is her daughter, but not by birth. Evie keeps getting her memories erased. There’s a boy named Gavin who comes from the surface and romance happens. I recommend it if you like dystopians or the idea of sea colonies. If you have not read
Hannah
2 stars

I really wanted to like this last book of the series and hoped really hard that it would be better than Revelations, slower and duller than I had expected. I was drawn in by the interesting premise, but it just went downhill as the series went on. Even though the rebellion storyline wasn't exactly all that original, it wasn't that poorly executed and I was fine until I reached the end.

I don't know what everyone else learned in school, but one of the first lessons I
Mandy
May 16, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was NOT at all what I thought what it would be, but that's what surprises are for! The ending will make up for the other disappointments. I liked how J.A. Souders described each character and setting. She kept me on my toes with every page I turned:) If you're looking for another Dystopia themed book, this series will meet your expectations!
Jessica
Jan 31, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dystopian
While I enjoyed the other two books in this series, I wasn't as impressed with this one. It felt like the entire plot was too easy for the characters and the ending was not what I expected. It was disappointing and I felt duped by the entire series.
Katie Sue
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book but the VERY ending like the last chapter really threw me for a loop. I found myself saying "are you kidding me?!". That was the only thing I didn't like about it. I really enjoyed this trilogy tho!
Sierra
Oct 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Terrible. It was so much different than the first two, and the ending was the worst. I had to skim most of it just to get through the book.
Leslie Whaley
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Spoilers ahead!!

Really good book! Though, there is one thing that I didn't really like: It's been a few years in between Revelations and Rebellion (though only a few months for me) so I forgot some things from the second book that I kinda needed a reminder about. And she didn't have any reminders AT ALL. I forgot how Asher and Evie were related, I forgot that Father was also Evie's biological father and some other things as well. I remedied this by picking up Revelations in the middl
Isel
Jun 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Please tell me that's not how it ends?
I almost wish there was another book. What is with that open ended ending?
When did the Sims even freaking start?!
In the beginning? Then what, she saw stuff from Gavin's point of view too? Whaaaaat? Is Asher's grandmother even down there? Did Gavin never go for her. Maybe he is going for her right now 🙄🤔 I don't like this.
And you know what else was weird? That in the last book it was clear Mother knew Father was helping them but beside
Alarna Martin
Apr 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Katie
Dec 19, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm really confused if there is going to be another book or not. The ending didn't do a very good job of explaining the plot twist. It was a good idea for the twist, just needed a hell of a lot more explanation. Sadly, I don't think it's needs so much more explaining that another book would be worth it. So, we're stuck in this annoying middle where you have to speculate to half of the ending to determine what the author was trying to do.
Hiddenheart
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jill
Mar 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
Absolutely a terrible ending to a trilogy. A cliff hangar is ok when another book is on its way, but terrible when it is the last book. It would have been a great ending with the rebellion won and if the last chapter was never written. The sad thing is I really enjoyed how this author wrote, but I won’t be reading any more if her books if they end like that.
Kris
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A great and wonderful buildup only for a trash ending... With no answers and no shred of hope for another book in this trilogy to answer the questions it left behind
Clara Stéphenne
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a really good book...but at the end I was like...what just happened? XD
Tiuri
Jun 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
Completely and utterly ruined by the ending. What a farce.
Rod
Aug 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
More cliche-ridden & repetitive writing, with an insulting ending, after wasting so much of readers' time.
Joy
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Good...and not so good. The start? Pretty solid and okay-plot. The ending? Oh my. Horrible. No resolution, nothing. Just a bucket load of questions.
Taylor Breedlove
Oct 26, 2016 rated it liked it
The ending sucked! But other than that it was Great!
Ariana
May 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
That was fucking awful. That was a stupid ending, especially if this is the last book. All of the others were pointless then.
♫Nicola♫
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an early copy of this book from the publisher.

I was really happy with the way that the book started by jumping right into the action. I think it sets the right tone for the rest of the book, because it is very action heavy and fast-paced. All of the relationship problems have finally been sorted out (yay, no love triangle!) and we get to focus on the bigger issues. Evie is kind of forced into leading this rebellion against Mother, and it was awesome to see her rise to the
Drucilla
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: s
Actual rating: 2.5 stars. I was going to give this 3 stars because I thought it was a solid ending to the trilogy. There were a few points of annoyance but, on the whole, good...and then the ending happened. I try not to let what I want to happen influence my rating and while I get what Souders was trying to do (and it was actually really interesting), we aren't told enough in the ending chapter. (view spoiler) ...more
Valli
I don't know. I don't know what just happened. Have you ever read a book and right at the end something happens and you just don't know how to feel about it or what to do. I'm kinda at that kind of moment right now. I actually thought that this was the last book of the series,but from what just happened it better not be! J. A. Souders really knows how to make a reader's head explode! (In a good way, mostly) I NEED TO KNOW WHEN THE NEXT ONE COMES OUT!!!!
Sharon
Nov 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I waited so long for this book. Less engaging than the other books. But whoa, that twist at the end tho. (view spoiler)
J.A. Souders Read-A-Long 1 2 Mar 27, 2016 07:55PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jun 17, 2015 08:28PM

• Surge (The Taking, #0.5)
  • Untitled (Annex, #4)
  • Pretty Wanted (Pretty Crooked #3)
  • Invasion (Last Princess, #2)
  • Maid of Wonder (Maids of Honor, #3)
  • Redemption (MILA 2.0, #3)
  • Broken Crowns (The Internment Chronicles, #3)
  • The Isle (The Ward, #2)
  • Crash (The Game, #3)
  • Burn (Scan, #2)
  • Magic After Dark
  • Not Your Average Happy Ending
  • Heart of Ash (Blood and Salt, #2)
  • Grave (The Queen of the Dead, #3)
  • Infected
  • Unraveling 3 (Unraveling, #3)
  • Of Sand and Storm (Fairy Queens #5)
  • Invincible (The Twixt, #4)
J.A. Souders was born in the heartland with an overactive imagination and an over abundance of curiosity that was always getting her into trouble.

Because she never grew up, she decided she’d put her imaginary friends to work and started writing. She now lives in the land of sunshine and palm trees with her husband and their two children and is an active member of the RWA, SFWA, YARWA and SCBWI.

S

The Elysium Chronicles (3 books)
  • Renegade (The Elysium Chronicles, #1)
  • Revelations (The Elysium Chronicles, #2)