Start by marking “Murder on the Champ de Mars (Aimee Leduc Investigations #15)” as Want to Read:
Murder on the Champ de Mars (Aimee Leduc Investigations #15)

Murder on the Champ de Mars

(Aimee Leduc Investigations #15)

A dying woman has secret about the unsolved murder of Parisian P.I. Aimée Leduc’s father, but is kidnapped before she can reveal it

Paris, February 1998: Aimée Leduc has her work cut out for her—running her detective agency and fighting off sleep-deprivation as she tries to be a good single mother to her new bébé. The last thing she has time for now is to take on a personal
Published March 3rd 2015 by Soho Crime

To ask other readers questions about Murder on the Champ de Mars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder on the Champ de Mars

Start your review of Murder on the Champ de Mars (Aimee Leduc Investigations #15)
Cathy Cole
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I have come to enjoy Cara Black's series. It's been a pleasure to get acquainted with Paris and its history district by district. In Murder on the Champ de Mars, we learn about the history of the gypsies, and it's a tragic one. I've also been looking forward to seeing how Aimée adapts to motherhood because I didn't think it would be an easy transition. I was right. In fact Aimée-as-parent is one of the things that bothered me in this book.

The parenting issue is clouded by the appearance of Chloë
Ray Palen
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I always look forward to each Aimee Leduc novel from author Cara Black with sick feeling of delight and glee. No one --- absolutely no one --- has ever captured the depth, majesty and complexity of Paris and all its' many neighborhoods like Cara Black has.

MURDER ON THE CHAMP DE MARS is set in 1999 and a young Aimee Leduc --- recently having taken over her family investigative service --- just gave birth to her first daughter and is now facing a difficult custody battle against the absentee fathe
eyes.2c
Ah! the undercurrent of Parisian noir that is Aimee!

Talk about troubles piling up! Aimee Leduc is now mother to young Chloe. Melac, Chloe's father, reappears at the christening six moths after Chloe's birth, with never a word to Aimee in that time, and is talking joint custody. Complications indeed for Aimee. She is furious, I am furious!
No wonder she is contemplating, with the desperateness of an addict taking up smoking her beloved gaulois.
Aimee is confronted once more with her fathers death.
Larraine
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
can't fit a trip to Paris into my life right now, but, I CAN read the latest adventures of Aimee Leduc, computer security specialist and detective. Set in 1999, many of the devices we now take for granted are still new, but corrupt government stories are as hold as time. Aimee's baby girl, Chloe, she had as a result of her affair with Medoc is now six months old. She hasn't heard from the father since her baby's birth and chose not to list him as father on the birth certificate. It is time for ...more
Kathy
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love this series by Cara Black! Aimee Leduc is once again tracking down a murderer in the beautiful city of light, Paris. Murder in the Champ de Mars is set in the seventh arrondissment, the home of Paris's elite. Except that we don't see the light of Paris much in this latest addition. It is Paris of corruption and of darkness. It is a city of warnings and danger that once again our heroine will ignore.

Aimee's daughter Chloe is now six months old. Chloe's absent father shows up without warning
Feb 01, 2015 rated it liked it
This entry in the Leduc series is, like the previous ones, a little overwritten (can hearts please stop clenching? please!). Unlike the previous ones, the actual mystery part seems to be rivaled by Aimee's personal life, in this case her fight over custody of her daughter with Melac and his new partner. No matter how much this made her heart clench, and no matter how many times she's told to make this a priority, she seems to really not care. That part was very strange and didn't fit with what w ...more
Kathy
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This latest book is a must read. Aimee faces a multitude of challenges and unravels crucial mysteries. I will not elaborate since I do not wish to spoil enjoyment of the book, but if you have read this series there have been many foreshadowing hints along the trail. I have come to appreciate the series more over time for love of Paris, as she adds rich detail to neighborhoods, monuments, and building history.
Bob
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Closed out nicely. Rereading helps.
Will the next story leap forward a number of years?
Peggy
Jun 28, 2019 rated it liked it
This series in on an upward swing. Glad I didn’t abandon it. Yet another cliffhanger ending, which I’m not sure I like. I feel so manipulated and cheap. Lol.
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Murder on the Champ de Mars by Clara Black is the fifteenth book in her Aimée Leduc Investigation series, and the first I have read. Normally it would be daunting to enter a series this far in, naturally I have missed character growth and development, however, I was quickly drawn into the mystery and now have a new series to read, Black’s protagonist, Aimée Leduc, is fascinating and one I look forward to knowing better by beginning with book one of the series. Murder on the Champs de Mars takes ...more
Gloria Feit
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Returning to work after a maternity leave, Amy LeDuc becomes too busy to really care for her six-month old daughter. To begin with, she undertakes a surveillance occupying her evenings. Then she becomes involved in a personal investigation involving gypsies in the belief she can discover the murderer of her father 10 years before. And to top it off, she has to fend off her former lover who, with his new wife, is attempting to wrest possession of her baby from her.

As in all the novels in the seri
Natacha Pavlov
Dec 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I’m pretty sure I discovered this series through the recent ‘Paris sweepstakes’ set up for this book. I eventually found out the author will be at the San Francisco Writer’s Conference in 2016, so I decided to read this latest of hers; the crime/mystery genre being one I haven’t read in ages.

The story was fast-paced and gave enough background info so that you didn’t feel too lost if you haven’t read previous volumes (like me). An initial draw for me was that this Paris neighborhood—Champ de Mar
Library Maven
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, edelweiss, paris, 2014
Aimee Leduc returns after her maternity leave and promptly gets caught up in s custody battle with Melac, the disappearance of a Romany woman who has information about her father's death, and post-partum guilt over the time she is spending away from her baby. Cara Black has created another high energy investigation that probes Parisian history and deepens reader's understanding of Aimee's story. This one has some significant twists at the end that will leave readers anxious for the nest installm ...more
Harvee
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 - wonderful as always, a trip through another part of Paris with private detective Aimee Leduc as she tries to find out about her past while helping Gypsies in the Champ de Mars. I am eager to read the next in the series as there are questions I still had at the end of the book, regarding some of the people Aimee has known and trusted her entire life. Are they friends or foe? A good read even if you have not read the previous books in the series.
Barbara
This is the newest Aimee LeDuc and she's in top form. She's just had a baby and managing to juggle it all. The story involves the mystery of her father's murder and a Roma woman and her son. Fans won't be disappointed and though I've read a couple in the series, this book can be read out of order.
Alex Adam
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As usual, Cara Black zeroes in on Paris with razor-sharp accuracy. I wouldn't want to BE Aimee LeDuc -- but I certainly enjoy reading about her!
A Reader's Heaven

Paris, April 1999: Aimée Leduc has her work cut out for her—running her detective agency and fighting off sleep deprivation as she tries to be a good single mother to her new bébé. The last thing she has time for now is to take on a personal investigation for a poor manouche (Gypsy) boy. But he insists his dying mother has an important secret she needs to tell Aimée, something to do with Aimée's father's unsol
Dana Clinton
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Totally icy outside and me waiting inside for the repairmen to arrive to figure out the problem with the hot water heater.... so reading was easy to do! Finally finished the latest in the Aimée Leduc series by Cara Black: Murder on the Champs de Mars. Very complicated as the author is tying together lots of old threads. Aimée, now a mom, has her usual personal crises (the father of Chloé making a bid for custody after no contact for six months... ) and inability to keep herself out of danger. It ...more
Hella Comat
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
It’s kind of unfair to write a review of the 15th book in the Aimee Leduc, private detective, series when I haven’t read any of the others. There are many references to characters and events of previous books that confused me, but I did like all the Paris locale references, the topical murder mystery involving Gypsy/Romany characters, some corrupt police officers, and Parisian aristocracy going to criminal lengths to preserve their reputations.

I also liked the way the author throws in lots of Fr
Susan Swansburg
the tone of this book was set for me on page 1 when I read "piece of gateau". Really??? The expression is piece of cake. Either translate it all, or none of it. There were lots of places throughout the novel where a French word was "thrown in". It felt like, "see, I know some French" rather than authentic.

Can you tell that annoyed me?? =)

Otherwise, I found this novel, meh. It probably doesn't help that I have not read the previous 14 books in the series, but I find myself in no hurry to do so.
Virginia Walter
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Aimee is raising her new baby and fighting off the absentee father's legal efforts for custody when Nicu, a young gypsy tells her that his dying mother needs to tell her an important secret. It appears that the woman may, have information that would lead to Aimee's finally understanding who killed her father, but she dies before she can share it. Then Nicu is killed, and her renewed interest in her father's death endangers her life as well.
Christine
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hmmmm. I’m confused by this latest installment. The year is 1999 and the connection between Aimee and her new born Chloe is not as solid as I would have hoped. Other that the baby “smells”, I’m not sure Aimee has adapted to motherhood as much as she thinks. It’s almost as if the baby was an accessory in her glamorous life, to be worn in a sling as Aimee coverts abt. And why does she feel more guilt over her fathers murder then she does over leaving Chloe throughout the entire story?
Terry Anderson
Nov 22, 2019 rated it liked it
This was the first book I've read in the Aimee Luduc Investigations series. The book has a fast pace and quite a few characters. I loved the constant interjection of French words and phrases and Cara Black's detailed descriptions of Paris streets and architecture, which helped me feel as if I was walking around the 7th Arrondissement.
Bill Berger
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Another typical Aimee Leduc saga with the usual cast of characters, pink Vespa and bargain shop designer clothes. Her baby arrives, that Aimee treats about the same way as she treats her bichon pet. Same plot lines but at least after fifteen books, voilà, finally a twist and a good cliffhanger.
Kay
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the Aimée Leduc series, and love the pleasure of learning more about my beloved Paris and about hidden corners of history--in this case of the Romany, the gypsies, in the city. Such an intriguing story, unexpected twists, and one of my favorites of the series!
Alison
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The first third moved slowly but when politics and money got involved it got juicy. Also I loved the locational aspect. Tons of streets in the 7th where I had just been.
Jody
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite series. I love dashing around Paris with Aimee on her scooter. This was a very sad story but it also had it's moments of humor, as Aimee and Rene cope with the new baby. Fun.
Jack Laschenski
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amy LeDuc in peril!!

Murders galore with lots of gore.

Who murdered her father is the crux of this story.

Her best friend??

Suspense until the last page!!!
RustyShack
Apr 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Wins the “Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany’s” award for oblivious cultural insensitivity. DNF on page 3 or 4
Erin
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
The books always make me want to visit Paris.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Trace Elements (Comissario Guido Brunetti #29)
  • The Midnight Witness (Louise Rick #1)
  • To the Land of Long Lost Friends (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, #20)
  • A Bitter Feast (Duncan Kincaid & Gemma James, #18)
  • Final Option (Oregon Files, #14)
  • 20th Victim (Women's Murder Club, #20)
  • Fishing for Stars (The Persimmon Tree, #2)
  • No Way Out (Lucy Kincaid, #16.5)
  • The Last Enchantments
  • Unleashed (The Sydney Rye Mysteries #1)
  • Death In The Dark (The Sydney Rye Mysteries #2)
  • Insatiable (The Sydney Rye Mysteries #3)
  • Perilous Trust (Off The Grid: FBI, #1)
  • The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog, #1)
  • The Secret of Everything
  • The Great Fire
  • Snot Stew
  • The Braque Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #3)
Cara Black frequents a Paris little known outside the beaten tourist track. A Paris she discovers on research trips and interviews with French police, private detectives and café owners. She lives in San Francisco with her husband, a bookseller, and their teenage son. She is a San Francisco Library Laureate and a member of the Paris Sociéte Historique in the Marais. Her nationally bestselling and ...more

Aimee Leduc Investigations (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Murder in the Marais (Aimee Leduc Investigations, #1)
  • Murder in Belleville (Aimee Leduc Investigations, #2)
  • Murder in the Sentier (Aimee Leduc Investigations, #3)
  • Murder in the Bastille (Aimee Leduc Investigations, #4)
  • Murder in Clichy (Aimee Leduc Investigations, #5)
  • Murder in Montmartre (Aimee Leduc Investigations, #6)
  • Murder on the Ile Saint-Louis (Aimee Leduc Investigations, #7)
  • Murder in the Rue de Paradis (Aimee Leduc Investigations, #8)
  • Murder in the Latin Quarter (Aimee Leduc Investigations, #9)
  • Murder in the Palais Royal (Aimee Leduc Investigations, #10)