Start by marking “Adventure Time Vol. 6” as Want to Read:
Adventure Time Vol. 6

Adventure Time Vol. 6

(Adventure Time #volume 6; issues 25-29)

Can Finn and Jake save The Land of Ooo.. again? The sixth collection of the best-selling comics is here!

Finn is cursed! It looks like Magic Man is at it again and it's up to our heroes to save Ooo before Finn forgets everything...again. This is going to be an adventure you'll want to remember!
Published March 10th 2015 by KaBOOM! (first published March 4th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Adventure Time Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adventure Time Vol. 6

Start your review of Adventure Time Vol. 6
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪SomeBunny Reads (Phoenix)•*¨*•♫♪
"Dudes! My pecs are gonna be so blasted after this!" - Princess Bubblegum

Wait, how can i describe the plot of this volume in a few words?

RCO024-1469372495

Oh yeah, that's pretty much it. Also, side note, Ricardio is my favourite villain. First of all his name his genius, and also he's got realistic dramatic eyes. I mean, come on. Oh yeah, and then this happens.

RCO036-1469372495

And then... other mysterious stuff...

Anyway, this was a RAD episode!
Alex Sarll
Behind a cover so bursting with characters and joy that I think it may be my single favourite piece of Adventure Time art, possibly my favourite single issue of the comic so far. Beginning in prehistory (turns out Ryan North has a gift for these...dinosaur comics?), it moves through Marceline and Bubblegum's relationship to 'present' Ooo and beyond. Guest artists including Jess Fink help keep the eras distinct, but there's one thematic thread (or rather, braid of threads) running through them ...more
Jemma
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's no secret that I love the Adventure Time graphic novels and I am working my way through the library's catalogue. There are two stories in this volume - a shorter once about two gems with magic powers that bond Marceline and Princess Bubblegum's friendship - and a longer story about Finn and Jake finding a machine that turns them into ghosts!

I adore these cute stories. I read somewhere that Adventure Time can't decide whether it's for kids or adults, and I think that's part of its charm! I
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Oh my glob, I think I understand why people love adventure time! (Yes I've never seen it and I started reading the comics on volume 6, I live life on the edge and I do what I want etc etc). This is so delightful! Also, if you dig the kind of humor in squirrel girl, you will probably also like this a lot. And, if you are me, try to hide your giggles in your scarf while reading on the subway (w little to no success, obvs).
Erin
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have fallen in love with these comics! They are full of additional back stories and side stories to get me by while I await new episodes of the show.

Favorite part of this comic though? The tiny, lightly colored comments at the bottom of most pages written by the author! They are worth squinting at in a brightly lit room!
Jack
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yet another amazing book, from an amazing series, written by an amazing author. This comic will entice anyone who even looks at the first speech bubble.
Ashley Uzzell
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ghost fun!
Cale
Jan 02, 2016 rated it liked it
This volume is a little weaker than the previous few, but that just means it's very good instead of great. The first story (complete with a Dinosaur Comics callout) is a nice glimpse at PB and Marceline's relationship over the decades, as seen through the eyes of amulets (and includes some old Finn images that are very cool), but the main story focuses on the perils of not wanting to have a body. Lots of ghosts, some critiques of tribalism, and some ghostbusters references all mixed together in ...more
Jess
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good volume in the series. I liked the first story better than the second one with the ghosts.
Sam
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The inclusion of Dinosaur Comics was a nice touch.
Anna
Dec 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: funny-pages
2 fun stories here and a big covers gallery
Plus there's the lil jokey commentary under every single page (get's a bit hard to read on some pages, light-colored font on white will do that)

Story one starts with black/white dinosaurs!! Then shifts to color and is actually told by a crashed meteor turned jewel and....yeah! So many utterly awesome things - amulets, Marceline & Princess Bubblegum friendship, robot house....

Ghost times story is ALL of AdventureTime boiled down- disturbing
Natalie
I've never watched or been interested in Adventure Time, but I got this for the class library and decided to give it a go. It wasn't as stupid as I imagined it would be. I wouldn't seek out any other books or watch the TV show, but this book wasn't half bad. The stories were fairly silly, but in a fun way. I think the fifth graders will like it.
Adam Smith
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another good volume. The gang becomes ghosts. They have the day and then become human again. But the one off story in the beginning was the best part. Ryan North with a subtle reference to Dinosaur Comics had me . ...more
Alex Tiethoff
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
For me the pacing of this book was off, especially in the first few issues. Things finally got rolling though, and overall I found Adventure Time Volume Six to be another delightful Princess Bubblegum-focused story.

Three stars for a decent AT book. Four starts for BMO and Ice King.
bowling ball
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
this book was amazing! a easy 5 star! it kept me reading and i finished very early. very short and sweet
Hamster
Ryan North, you’ve done it again.
Christa
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
True to the show, with both solid messages and jokes. (Side note: Too long to read to a four year old at bedtime.)
Naomi Ruth
Oct 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Are physical bodies important? Let's put this metaphysical quandry to the test! Love when philosophy sneaks into Adventure Time.
Megan
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute little comic. Just like the show.
Kendra
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ghosts aren’t my thing. I didn’t dig this one.
Jonas
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All Adventure Time books are awesome.
R C
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely my favorite volume thus far. I loved the history of PB and Marceline. The stories were interesting and true to the characters and their histories.
Ethan
While I've absolutely adored all of the Adventure Time comics so far, this blew them all away. This is peak Adventure Time, some of the best the franchise has to offer regardless of medium (and as usual, North takes advantage of the differences between print and television). The first chapter is an unusual story for the series but is heartwarming and surprisingly emotional while still managing to have the series' characteristic humor (along with North's hilarious notes on the bottom of each ...more
Robert Hudder
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it
The could have called this Ghost time. Finn and Jake get bored of their bodies and become ghosts. This franchise could have just pumped out stuff but this is rather thoughtful. Like they messed with convetnions of kids television, they are messing with conventions of graphic novels. It keeps it interesting and fresh.

I am reading the adventures of squirrel girl at the same time so you can definitely see how the styles overlap. SG is a fan favourite probably for some of the same reasons as Jake
Laci Long || Book Pairings
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
The first story starring Marceline and Princess Bubblegum is everything I’ve wanted from this comic. One of two friendship amulets tells a great story about their friendship over time. The second story is about ghosts and was okay. Honestly if the ghost plot were on it’s own, I would not be giving this volume such a high rating. The first story made it soooooo good.
Shea Proulx
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Though it might be overlooked as a surreal kids-comic, Adventure Time is so odd adults can't help but get lost in the strange land of Ooo. Ryan North has an especially good grasp of the dynamic of the two primary adventurers, Finn and Jake, bringing fresh witty banter into an environment exploding with colour, and weirdness.
Krystal
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I love these volume packs. For one, it keeps me straight in the continuity loop.

My favorite out of this had to be the first issue; the origin tale of Marceline and PB. Included but not forgotten: dinosaurs, a geology lesson, and a gem possessed by...consciousness.

I might've saved some images about what teamwork looks like when it works. I so love AT.
Maggie Gordon
Such silly, much ridiculous... must be Adventure Time! The first story in this volume was my favourite as it featured some talking dinosaurs and a glimpse at the relationship between Marceline and Princess Bubblegum!
Ian
Apr 29, 2015 rated it liked it
The Marceline/Bubblegum adventure that opens this volume is everything I've ever wanted from a comic. Poignant, silly, exciting. The ghost plotline that follows has its ups and downs, but mostly it just kinda feels like it's taking up space.
Lucy Gao
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! It is so awesome! It is so adventurous like it says in the title. It is so mysterious and cool

• Adventure Time Vol. 9
  • Adventure Time Vol. 10
  • Adventure Time Vol. 13
  • Adventure Time Vol. 11
  • Adventure Time: Masked Mayhem (Adventure Time OGN, #6)
  • Adventure Time: Playing with Fire (Adventure Time OGN, #1)
  • Adventure Time Vol. 12
  • Adventure Time: Bitter Sweets (Adventure Time OGN, #4)
  • Adventure Time: Seeing Red (Adventure Time OGN, #3)
  • Adventure Time: Graybles Schmaybles (Adventure Time OGN, #5)
  • Adventure Time: Pixel Princesses  (Adventure Time OGN, #2)
  • Adventure Time: Sugary Shorts, Vol. 1
  • Adventure Time: President Bubblegum (Adventure Time OGN, #8)
  • Adventure Time: Marceline and the Scream Queens
  • Adventure Time: Marceline Gone Adrift
  • Adventure Time: Candy Capers
  • Adventure Time: Islands
  • Adventure Time: Sugary Shorts Vol. 2
Hi, I'm Ryan! I was born in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada in 1980 and since then have written several books. You can read my Wikipedia page for more, or check out my author site at RyanNorth.ca!

I'm the author of the webcomic Dinosaur Comics (that's the comic where the pictures don't change but the words do, it's better than it sounds and I've also done crazy things like turn Shakespeare into a

Adventure Time (1 - 10 of 69 books)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #1)
  • Adventure Time with Finn  & Jake (Issue #2)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #3)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #4)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #5)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #6)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #7)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #8)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #9)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #10)
“Marceline the Vampire Queen:

"Marceline to Bubblegum. Come in Bubblegum. You there?

"...No?

" Well, good. Cause I got some things to say to you and I don't want you to hear them.

"I'm complicated, alright?

"You should know that by now.

"Okay, so I'm not stupid. I know our lives are moving us in different directions, okay? I get that. I get that nothing lasts forever, believe me.

"But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

"It's just--the way you act like nothing's wrong, it makes me SO mad. You know that, right? It makes me feel like I'm the only one who remembers how our friendship USED to be, who sees how it's changing. It feels like a betrayal. It feels lousy, Bonnie. And familiar.

"This isn't my first rodeo.

"And I know that you've got your hands full with your new kingdom, okay? I get that you're busy, and I want you to be busy. You're doing something so ambitious, so crazy ...

"I know you can do it. You're gonna be the one who changes the world, Bonnie. I've seen it in you.

"But there's gotta be a balance there, you know? A way where we can stay friends, a way where I don't feel so hurt all the time. And it's not all you--I know I've been major cheesed because of this and that's not fun for anyone.

"... I'll be a better friend, too.

"Listen, I'm gonna come by tomorrow, help you build those Candy Kingdom retaining walls. Maybe we can punch some ooze monsters while we're at it, right? I'd like that. Right in the buns, yo.

"You've been my best friend for so long, and we're not gonna lose that. We'll figure this out, Bubblegum.

"Huh. 'Princess Bubblegum.' You know, it actually DOES sound kinda cool.

"My friend the princess.

"I think I could get used to that.

"Over and out.”