Start by marking “Click, Clack, Peep!” as Want to Read:
Click, Clack, Peep!

Click, Clack, Peep!

(Farmer Brown's Barnyard Tales)

Farmer Brown, oh-so-sleepy, has a new, adorable - and LOUD - duckling to deal with in this addition to the award-winning Click, Clack series from the New York Times bestselling team who brought you Click, Clack, Moo and Click, Clack, Boo!

Published February 10th 2015 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers

Start your review of Click, Clack, Peep!
Matt
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Neo chose this one to practice reading and enjoy something on a Sunday morning. Farmer Brown has noticed that the farm is quiet when he goes to bed. Inside the barn, many of the animals are waiting for an egg to crack. Not sure what to expect, they are soon surprised with a new baby duck. However, there are some dramatic goings-on that no one expected, or will soon be able to tolerate. Neo laughed at the outcome of this book, but was also happy with the progress things took. He liked the picture ...more
Abigail
Dec 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Farmer Brown & His Animal Companions
Duck strikes again in author/illustrator team Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin's ninth picture-book devoted to the humorous (mis)adventures of the animals in Farmer Brown's barnyard. When Baby Duck finally hatches, after much anticipation on the part of the other animals, his incessant peeping is cute at first, until the farm residents want to go to sleep. Nothing they do seems to make the duckling sleepy, until finally Duck himself takes a hand, with effective but hilarious results...

Although I am
Edward Sullivan
Feb 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The formula is beginning to wear thin.
Damien Cowger
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Effective reading primer. Causes lots of giggles.
Heather
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
This book is more lyrical than the others in the series, and there's a fun twist at the end that my two-year-old thinks is hilarious.
Marissa Horton
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Doreen Cronin is at it again with her click clack series with, "Click, Clack, Peep!". "Click, Clack, Peep! is funny book that an parent can relate to. In this book the mama duck has a baby chick and the baby will not stop crying. As any parent, the farm animals work together to try and let the baby go to sleep. In the hilarious ways that the animals work together the reader will always be entertained. This book is a great read aloud and children will appreciate the humor and wit that the farm an ...more
Becky

First sentence: Farmer Brown stuck his head out the window. The farm was too quiet. Everyone was watching the egg.

Premise/plot: Farmer Brown is in for a BIG, BIG, BIG surprise. The book opens with the farm animals anxiously waiting the arrival of a new duckling. The book closes with a funny surprise for Farmer Brown. What will the baby duck be like when he arrives?! How will the animals react?!

My thoughts: I really love these characters. I haven't read each and every title in the series. But I s
Maria
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Baby Duck has just arrived at the farm and all the animals are eager to welcome her... until she refuses to go to sleep.

Why I started this book: I love Cronin, and eagerly await any book from her.

Why I finished it: The book was clever and fun, but I thought that the adults would smile the most at this book until the surprise end. The kids will love the end.
Tracy Morton
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Another of Cronin and Lewin's classic Click, Clack book. I liked the simple text and cute pictures in this one. I could successfully use this in my preschool program. The story line is entertaining and parents will certainly identify with this story.
Danica Midlil
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books, farm
The last spread is the best part. Otherwise, eh.
Madison Zappin
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story takes place on a farm. On farmer Brown’s farm a baby duck hatched and all the other animals watched in excitement. The baby duck spent the rest of the day playing and making noise. As nighttime approached and all the animals on the farm got tired, the baby duck continued to peep. All of the animals tried to get the baby duck to be quiet by singing lullaby’s, lowering the shades, and knitting a blanket, but nothing worked. Duck then took maters in his own hands and had to find a way t ...more
Isabel Smith
If you’ve ever read Click, Clack, Moo you will enjoy this addition to Farmer Brown’s Farm story collection. This book is about a baby duck that has just hatched from his egg in Farmer Brown’s hen coop. The other farm animals are excited about the newest addition to their farm until…the baby duck keeps “peep”-ing . It starts to get late, and the other animals want to go to bed; they find that they have to sleep outside because the farm is just too loud with the new duck’s “peep”s. Eventually, Dad ...more
Elizabeth Guzman
A cute book about remembering. Barnaby is a young little bunny that remembers everything! Or does he really? Silly Barnaby loses his glasses right on his own face. This book is a feel-good read. This funny story will appeal to children, being very relatable in many aspects. This will teach you to be able to laugh at yourself when you forget about something.
I found the illustrations to be very cute. This little bunny is shown running around his house in which he has made a little mess of. Every
Jamie Jessup
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: doreen-cronin
A baby duckling is born, but she will not go to sleep! The animals try everything until finally Duck is able to get to sleep. Phew! I like the illustrations in this book because they are bright and look almost like they were made with water colors. The repetition in the book also makes it easier for young readers to follow along and join in. If I were to use this in my classroom, I would probably read it aloud and then have a craft project that followed. There is a craft project that I found on ...more
April King-Vaughn
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
The farm animals of Farmer Brown are bustling with excitement as they anticipate the hatching of a duck egg. But, that excitement soon changes to exhaustion as the animals must find a way to get the baby duck to stop “peeping” so they can get some rest. As usual, the animal’s success comes with a funny twist and surprise for Farmer Brown.
This book is recommended for ages 4 - 8, preschool - third grade. Anyone that is a fan of Doreen Cronin's Click Clack series will not be disappointed with this
Brooke Dunstan
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This picture book is about farm animals watching a baby duck hatch. By the time it hatched all of the animals were ready for bed besides the baby duck. Duck put headphones on the farmer and took baby duck on the tractor to help him fall asleep. In the morning when the farmer woke up, all of the animals were quiet watching the ducks because they fell asleep on the tractor and the farm was a mess. I love this story because it is silly and the illustrations are great. The pages are very colorful. I ...more
Lisa
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019

There's more trouble on the farm, but Duck has nothing to do with it, for once. This time the trouble is a four-ounce puff of fluff who just won't go to sleep, and whose play-with-me "peeps" are keeping the whole barnyard awake with him.

How do you
Tammy
Contrary to other adult reviewers, my 19 month old does not believe that the book is formulaic and tiresome. He loves it every time we read it and "peeps" along at every page! But then again, we've only encountered two of these Click Clack books and we've loved them both. Apparently this is the ninth in a series. Considering how much my little one enjoys this book, it might be worth checking out the rest of the series!
Caitlyn Hanley
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
The use of literary devices throughout this entire book is so beneficial and allows teachers to use it as a mentor text. The onomatopoeia used throughout the book is worth noting because children find words like this intriguing. I know many kids learn the sounds animals make in response to learning the word, so this is just another way to reinforce that learning.
Lynn  Davidson
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story made me laugh. A new baby duck arrives on the farm, and when all the other animals are wanting to sleep, little duck peep, peep, peeps, and keeps everyone awake. Finally one has an idea of how to get the baby to sleep ... much to Farmer Brown's dismay when he wakes up in the morning. Funny. Great illustrations.
Cat Juggler
Oct 27, 2017 rated it liked it
The chickens sang a lullaby.
The sheep knitted a blanket.
I laughed out loud...or at least nearly did! I chuckled softly to my stack of books...I was in the library.

Fresh and friendly fun illustrations.
Antoinette Scully
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
The farm has a new baby, but he’s keeping the Whole farm awake! What is Farmer Brown going to do? ••• This was cute. My kids love this Click Clack series and this one was no different. Not as thrilling as typing cows or spooky ducks, but a fun ride all the same.
Chelsea
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and an unexpected ending, which is great for the kiddos! If you choose to do sound effects, and trust me you should, it makes the story even more awesome!

Read during Preschool Play on August 10th, 2018.
Kylie Moffat
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book. It was written by the same author as the Click, Clack, Moo. It goes through the animal noises and as a baby duck is born the barn animals have to learn to cope. I read it for class as a picture book and enjoyed it.
Rebecca Gomez
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute. But the sudden tense change at the end bugged me.
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: farm
The kids enjoyed this book
Kelly
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
The farm has a new baby...a baby duck is peeping his way through the day and night. The other animals try to get him to go to sleep.
Madison
My children love these characters. As a young mother I complete understand Duck’s need for sleep.
Joy Keil
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clara
I really enjoy this series of books by Cronin. The best was on the last page, my 2 year old exclaims. "Oh No! Fix! Tape!" :)
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Read at church to a rapt audience. Suitable for even the youngest readers (though this wasn't the board book version - read it out loud to gnawers).
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• A Piglet Named Mercy
  • The Good Egg (The Bad Seed, #2)
  • When Spring Comes
  • The Pigeon Has to Go to School
  • The Pout-Pout Fish Goes to School
  • Little Blue Truck's Springtime
  • My New Friend Is So Fun! (Elephant & Piggie, #21)
  • Kite Day: A Bear and Mole Story
  • Harold & Hog Pretend For Real! (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #6)
  • Friendshape
  • Rhyming Dust Bunnies
  • Crunch, the Shy Dinosaur
  • Fox the Tiger
  • Pancakes, Pancakes!
Doreen Cronin was a practicing attorney in Manhattan when her first book Click, Clack Moo: Cows That Type became a publishing success. But her book was not published overnight. In fact, she had written this barnyard tale even before attending law school but only received rejection letters from publishers. Five years after submitting the original manuscript she got a call from a publisher who wante ...more

Farmer Brown's Barnyard Tales (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type
  • Giggle, Giggle, Quack
  • Duck for President
  • Click, Clack, Quackity-Quack: An Alphabetical Adventure
  • Click, Clack, Splish, Splash: A Counting Adventure
  • Dooby Dooby Moo
  • Thump, Quack, Moo: A Whacky Adventure
  • Click, Clack, Boo!: A Tricky Treat
  • Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho!
  • Click, Clack, Surprise!