Start by marking “MirrorWorld” as Want to Read:
MirrorWorld

MirrorWorld

We'll see what a man without fear can do in this latest thriller from Jeremy Robinson, who's hailed as rivaling "the best of James Rollins, Clive Cussler and Matthew Reilly". (Associated Press)

Crazy has no memory and feels no fear. Dangerous and unpredictable, he’s locked away in SafeHaven, a psychiatric hospital, where he spends the long days watching Wheel of Fortune and
Published April 28th 2015 by Thomas Dunne Books (first published April 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about MirrorWorld, please sign up.

Start your review of MirrorWorld
Gavin
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This was a decent action thriller with some sci-fantasy aspects. It could have been a really good story as the writing was engaging and the characters and story were both intriguing enough at times but I felt like it was held back at times by an over reliance on lengthy mindless action scenes.

The main character Crazy (with a capital C) was an intriguing guy. He has a genetic condition that makes it impossible for him to feel fear and it also limits his impulse control. He is also suffering from
Reeda Booke
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cool concept for a story! I love the character of Crazy and how he feels no fear, which is an actual genetic disorder called Urbach-Wiethe disease. I also liked the idea that the author had for what makes us afraid, besides the explanations we have today, like demons, ghosts, aliens and such. The story only got a bit bogged down for me with the sometimes lengthy descriptions of the fight scenes, but otherwise I enjoyed the book.
Stacy Kingsley
Sep 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
At first I enjoyed this book. It started with a bang and kept me interested until about halfway through the book. Then I just got bored. The main character Crazy became dull after the first half of the book. After a point I just didn't care. I kept skipping through the book hoping to find something more interesting about it.

Carol
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of Mirrorworld by Jeremy Robinson from Net Galley to read and review. About 25% through I had my first ah-hah moment and from there I could not put the book down. It is a riveting tale about the reaction of humanity to the unknown and one man's mission to set things right. A must read.
Jonathan Wilson
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars
Kent Holloway
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've read most of Mr. Robinson's books and have loved them all. His Last Hunter series holds a very special place in my heart for a variety of reasons. Island 731, however, always held the highest position on his thriller list for it's dark, gritty feel...and sense of dread. How interesting that a book about creatures dubbed the 'Dread" would take it's place as my Number One favorite book of Robinson's thrillers. But it does. Easily.

First of all, the character of Crazy is, hands down, the most
Sherry Bagley
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow this is an action packed trip. Also it led to me getting a bloody nose. All I can say without spoiling it for you, is I was dreaming of a certain part in the book. When in my dream something was occurring and I was frantically trying to stop, then in the real world by boyfriend accidently elbowed me in my sleep, causing my hand to bang my nose, BAM bloody nose. The worst part was not the bloody, but trying to explain why my hand was even near my nose. Read the book, and try not to dream . ...more
Kelly
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing

This is one of my favourite Jeremy Robinson books, he has such a talent for creating freaky monsters. The characters really connect and drag you along for the ride, some great twists and turns in this book too. For regular Robinson readers you'll find a number of 'Easter eggs' which I'm sure will make you smile. The ending is excellent and ties the book up nicely, while still leaving the option for a series. I'm definitely hoping this isn't the last we've seen of Crazy (with a capital C).
Terry Parrish
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Loved Crazy too. I personally would like to know what it is to feel no fear. Have to say this book takes some crazy turns. But well worth the read. And as all this authors books go, there are some weird monsters included. But that is what makes it so good. Never expect the same old, same old with Mr. Robinson! I would definitely recommend this read to anyone who likes "crazy" characters and strange happenings.
C M
Apr 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I was pretty sure this was going to be a four star book halfway through, but something happened. The basic plot idea is really neat and creative, with the mysterious mirrorworld just a tiny step away from us. The monsters are unusual and very interesting, and clearly a lot of effort was spent on inventing their world.

But… I never quite connected with any of the characters. Part of the problem is that the main character has no memory of his past for the majority of the book, and once you start
Rian Martin
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. I'm a huge fan of Jeremy Robinson and have read all his books, and once again he has surprised me. He has a knack to take ideas or unexplained phenomenon and give it life. I was captivated by Crazy and the Dread and went along for the ride and enjoyed it immensely, though now I will always think of the Dread when I feel like something is there or experience unknown fear :)
Steve
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Realities clash in MirrorWorld. It's man vs monster with nothing less than the fate of the world at stake in this nonstop page turner. When creatures from a neighboring dimension uses fear as a weapon against the people of our world, only a crazy man stands between us and nuclear annihilation. In fact, that's his name: Crazy.

This is another must-read Jeremy Robinson adventure.
Lyn
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me a bit to figure what was going on.When it came together,the book got very exciting for me. Crazy is an excellent hero and following him and his discoveries makes a book you just can't put down!
Sterling
I really enjoyed this book and I will definitely be looking into more books by Jeremy Robinson. This book is very Lovecraftian. If you like Lovecraft or Peter Clines then I would highly recommend MirrorWorld. This definitely had the same feel as 14 by Peter Clines, which I loved. So if you like weird Sci-fi then you should definitely read this.
Jeff Harris
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audible
Just didn't care for this one. It was a bit predictable and relied heavily on tropes. I found myself struggling to pay attention. The narrator was ok but didn't seem to fit the style of the book well. I also didn't care for the first person view. I had no way to relate or at least understand Crazy's perspective (which changed and had no real consequence).
Bruce
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Good, but not great. I enjoyed it right through to the end, however was glad it was over.

Also, I got the impression that the author thinks that a Desert Eagle .50 cal fires the same round as a .50 cal machine gun, and that is no where near the case. The Desert Eagle fires a much, much lighter bullet, and isn't even the most powerful handgun, let alone firing the machine gun round that is well over 5 inches long. Ya, I know. Almost nobody cares. It's just that stuff like that drops me out of the
Mac the Reader Marcus
It starts out well enough. Sets a scenario that takes a bit from Heinlein’s starship troopers mixed with Frank Herbert’s Hellstrom’s Hive and introduces a shadow world that is populated with a menagerie of Doom (video game) like creatures. So far so good, but then there is the protagonist, a superhero goes it alone and killing ‘em all kind of character whose powers are not only unbelievable but in his creation was riddled with inconsistencies.
The idea, or rather the combination of ideas makes
Jacob Lane
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it
It's an alright book, but the quality goes WAAAAY down around chapters 33-53. The story gets a lot of stupidly long action scenes that drag out, and the MC loses the one thing that makes him not just any other military guy, really detracts from the quality for me.
Joe Vietor
Dec 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Not bad, first person narrative stream of action. I am now discovering with crazy what lies beyond the veil. He has access what lies beyond through them Injection took from the secretive Science Foundation, Neuro. Time to see how he deals and what he finds.

Suspense builds and crests to keep me turning the pages, on this book, especially between chapters. The characters are solid enough, mostly built around Crazy and his narrative. The violence, sad to say continues all the way through. Our hero
Jordan Anderson
I'll be short and sweet here: I struggled with this one.

I always try to play the devil's advocate, or at least give the author the benefit of the doubt, saying that being a fan of an author means that sometimes you have to put up with sub-par offerings, but man, MirrorWorld was a tough book to get through.

Robinson is no stranger to wild and crazy ideas, and MirrorWorld is the perfect example of his creative madness run amok. The original concepts and creature designs are some of his best and
Eszter
Feb 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
main character is too strong, crazy as a name gets old fast, too much brainless monster fight... if i want some i'm gonna rewatch pacific rim!
black ops CIA assassin... walk through walls, fearless basically a demigod
i couldn't finish it
Dee Haddrill
Jeremy Robinson has once again written a fantastic story of good vs evil, but has, in his own inimitable way, left us wondering which side is which. Stereotypes are thrown out the window, and we are soon pondering just who are the monsters.

This next bit could be considered spoilery, so ignore the parts between the asterisks

*****SPOILERS MAYBE*****
Given the actions of some characters, I am once again flabbergasted at the pure self-centredness of the human race, to think that we have total
Jamey Goodyear
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mirrorworld by Jeremy Robinson is a fast action, stop the coming apocalypse, save the world story.

Our hero, “Crazy”, doesn’t know who he is. “Crazy” has lots of fighting skills that appear to be muscle memory. He has no natural fear so he just jumps in to take care of situations without hesitation. This lack of fear causes any number of issues. He finds himself locked up in a psych hospital. One day a woman helps him break out. He finds the world gone mad while he spent a year in the hospital. A
Kelly
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every so often, you come along an author whose work you like so much that he or she instantly rockets to the top of your must-read list. Jeremy Robinson is one of mine. About a year and a half ago, I discovered Prime, then I devoured the Chess Team series and Antarktos series, then nearly all his others. Since then, I drop whatever I'm reading every time his name comes up.
MirrorWorld is amazing! With a protagonist who feels no fear and has no memory, it grips from the first page. This is an
Cheryl
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is such Mr. Robinson's style...greatness! Reading this book was not just a story but a weird (in a good way) journey into another reality that will blow your mind. It just might have you thinking you are crazy with a capital "C".

You would not be able to tell from my comments above that I had reservations about reading this book. This is because when I first picked up this book to start I was not sure about the concept. I am a big fan of Mr. Robinson so I know that he can write but
Angela Crawford
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Jeremy Robinson has once again proven why he is one of my favorite writers! MirrorWorld is a fantastic book. Full of so much action and suspense, I couldn't put it down. I loved the character of Crazy, a bad-ass hero with a strong sense of right and wrong just trying to save those he loves and the rest of the world along the way. I wanted more Crazy as soon as I turned the final page! The monsters (human and not so human) in this thriller were unique and terrifying.The storyline was fast paced
Dustin
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mirrorworld, by Jeremy Robinson, is a fantastic new standalone story (no relation to SecondWorld by Robinson, which is also good), written by an author who loves what he does. Crazy is an intricate character, and between him, the storyline with it's plot devices, and the in-your-face thrills, chills and action, I was caught off guard by how I was drawn deeper into the tale. This book was a mystery and a sci-fi/action thriller with a sprinkling of horror all-in-one. You should really check it ...more
Julie Carter
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great ride this story was! I was intrigued by Crazy, the main character, from the start. The multiple dimensions of his world were fascinating and it was fun to go along with him on his journey. The monsters were amazing and creative, as well as absolutely creepy and scary. This story moved quickly and I could not put it down!
M. C.
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it
I picked this one up because the premise sounded interesting, though a bit in danger of turning into straight horror, so I appreciated how the our-worldly characters' attitudes towards the MirrorWorld's denizens remained scientific throughout. The science is not particularly believable or fleshed-out, so don't go into this novel looking for a sense of parallel-world wonder. The entertainment is more in the mystery of the main character's past and the ongoing battle against shadowy incursions ...more
Joanna Dean
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my Dollar Tree books, and it was a really good one. The main character has no memory of who he is, what he does, etc., and is in an asylum, until he is 'rescued' by a woman who takes him to a secret facility that is fighting nightmare beings from another dimension, using altered humans. The story unfolds as he regains his memories. The characters were good, the alterations on the humans great, and the interaction between the humans and the 'aliens' was also really good. I can't really ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Augmented
  • Torment
  • Nocturnal
  • SUB-ZERO
  • 3zekiel
  • Hunger (Hunger #1)
  • Pandemic (Infected, #3)
  • Contagious (Infected, #2)
  • Dead Moon (Threshold, #3)
  • Feast (Hunger #2)
  • Polar Vortex
  • Refuge Omnibus Edition (Refuge 1-5)
  • A Gift of Time
  • From Hell (Alex Hunter #8)
  • Earthcore
  • Terminus (Threshold, #4)
  • The Fossil
  • Intercepts
Jeremy Robinson is the international bestselling author of sixty novels and novellas, including Apocalypse Machine, Island 731, and SecondWorld, as well as the Jack Sigler thriller series and Project Nemesis, the highest selling, original (non-licensed) kaiju novel of all time. He’s known for mixing elements of science, history and mythology, which has earned him the #1 spot in Science Fiction and ...more