Start by marking “Memory and Magic (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #2)” as Want to Read:
Memory and Magic (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #2)

Memory and Magic

(Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa #2)

Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Olaf the snowman, and all the stars from Disney Frozen are back in an all-new magical chapter book series perfect for girls ages 6 to 9. After years apart, Anna and Elsa are finally getting to know each other as sisters. But Anna still wishes she could remember the magical times they had together when they were younger--skating and making snowmen ...more
Published January 6th 2015 by RH/Disney

Susan
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a chapter book featuring Anna and Elsa and is set after events in the film, “Frozen.” It is the second book in what, I hope, will turn out to be a series. The first book was, “All Hail the Queen.” In this book, Anna is worried at Elsa always telling her to be careful. Why are her childhood memories all so foggy? She can’t seem to remember anything at all about Elsa’s magic? Anna is determined to get to the bottom of the mystery and sets out to try to discover the truth about what happene ...more
miranda
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read this with my daughter. She's 4 and loves princesses, superheroes, magic, and adventure. This was filled with 3 out of 4. Despite it being a chapter book and slightly above my daughter's level, it kept her attention. We read a chapter at a time. the chapters weren't overly long which was great for her attention span, but long enough to help her relax before bed.
Jerry
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
A cute and fun story from Frozen's "expanded universe".
Gianna DeMille
Nov 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
I do not like fantasy books because i like science or true stories.
Claire Leety
Mar 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
Frozen- you love the movie if you are about 6 and under. If you are 7 and older you hate it. I am older than 7. Not a great book in my opinion.
brionique Glasgow
Like your story
McKenzie Richardson
For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-Cycle

This is such a good follow-up series to the Frozen movie. In the first book, Elsa learns how to balance using her powers and utilizing other methods to help the villagers with their problems. In this one, Anna deals with having had her memories of her sister's magic removed when she was a child.

I think one of the things that really draws me to this series is that when you watch a movie, you usually still have so many questions you want answered aft
Kaotic
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Frozen Fans
Shelves: owned
Magic is everywhere you look.

This was a really cute children's story building up after the events of the Frozen movie. Anna is in search of the memories that the elder troll hide from her as a child, but as the story unfolds she learns some important life lessons ab out her relationship with her sister and the both of them are stronger for it.

It's a fast paced story that builds well and I think would be handled well by those who read it, it's not toned down intellectually, and calls things by w
Carrie Asagiri
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disney, frozen
The second instalment in this series of books. This book is more cohesive than the first one with a solid story that develops through the chapters. The topic of Anna's memories is interesting and I like the fact that the way that is treated here doesn't interfere with the canon from the movies. So, I hope they include this topic in the sequel as well.
I love the way the characters are in canon and the overall story and message are positive with a lot of sisterly love and friendship.
Without a doub
Natalie
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this to my five year old over three or four bedtime reading sessions. I was surprised by how well the book blended both a story easy for small children to enjoy with grown up emotional concepts like loss and regret. Secretly hoping she will pick out more from this series.
Margaret Atos
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fia liked it😉
Avery
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Peh6
Megan Morley
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the first chapter book I read by myself. At the end it had the fire, but Elsa put it out with her powers.
Kathryn Cooper
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the Frozen movie. I'm a kid at heart. I'm also a mom of 4 young boys so I jumped at this cute book I found at the library.
Vierka Sarita Villaman
Shelves: ok-2016-3-fall
540L
Rachel
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was fun and addressed the fact that Anna lost her memories of Elsa's magic when they were children. I really liked how that was displayed for both Anna and Elsa before Anna realizes those memories were taken from her. It was believable and gave the book a more grown up air than the previous novel. Yet, I didn't believe that Anna would act so sweet and playful as she was trying to get real information from Kristoph then Elsa about her memories. If she was so serious about finding out wh ...more
Becky
Jan 20, 2015 rated it liked it
In Memory and Magic, Anna begins to worry about her memory. She's just now realizing that she has very few memories of playing with her sister in their childhood, and, absolutely no memories of her sister having magic. She learns that Elsa and Kristoff both knew that the trolls took her memories or changed her memories. She wants those memories back! It doesn't seem fair that Elsa can remember things that she can't. Elsa supports Anna in her quest to get those memories back. Even if it means tru ...more
Cindy
May 04, 2015 rated it liked it
In this sequel to Frozen, Anna suffers from some sort of PTSD about having her memories wiped as a child. Unfortunately, since Elsa is ashamed and also suffering due to her almost killing her sister, the only answer available to Anna is to seek some wanna-be magic doctor who makes her dance around like a chicken to gain her memories. Does it work? I dunno you will have to read it to find out!

On a real note - I am finding it difficult to take these books seriously. I don't get the Frozen vibe fro
Kristine Hansen
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, based-on-movie
I'd wondered about Anna's memories when the movie ended. This book finally addresses the question of what Anna actually remembers and how she feels about the fact that her entire life was really a lie. You heard me, it was a LIE!

Seriously, it's a topic worth exploring, which Anna does, trying every crazy thing she can to remember. The process almost burns down the entire forest, but working together leads to a satisfying conclusion...somewhat. I actually kind of feel for the girl. Head trauma is
Holly Letson
In Book 2, Anna realizes that she never really asked about her lost/removed memories. So, she goes to Brock the Troll to get them back. That doesn't work, and instead, he ends up starting a fire that takes everyone, including all the trolls, to put out.

In the end, Anna has to fill in all the magical details of Anna's memories that she says aloud.

I did not like this book as well as I did like A Warm Welcome (#3).
Samantha
Still really enjoying this series. In this book, Anna is having trouble with her memory, trying to remember things from her childhood.

This book has everything good that the first book had. The characters are still true to their film counterparts. New minor characters are introduced and Anna and Elsa are still developing their sister relationship after having so much time apart. Very happy with this book.
Biblioteca Lardero
Un encuentro muy especial…
Tras muchos años separadas, Anna y Elsa por fi n tienen la oportunidad de pasar tiempo juntas y disfrutar la una de la otra. A Anna le gustaría poder recordar los maravillosos momentos que vivieron cuando eran pequeñas, pero hay algo que no le cuadra. Un pequeño trol se ha ofrecido a devolver a Anna los recuerdos de la magia de Elsa que el Gran Pabbie le borró. ¿Será una buena idea?
Deanna
May 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-with-kids
My daughters and I enjoyed this second Anna & Elsa book. It was nice to see some of the exploration of Anna's missing childhood memories--great connection to the movie. The chapters are a great length for evening reading--long enough that one will suffice if we are short on time, but short enough that I don't mind reading a few at once.
Nikki
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: disney, favorites
Amazing story! The pictures were great and the story was easy to follow without being boring. There was a grammatical error but other than that the story was fantastic. Fans of Frozen will love it, and sisters can learn a lot about getting along and working together from this book. I would recommend it to any young child looking for an easy and fun chapter book to read.
Amanda
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another super cute story about Anna and Elsa. This book tackles the difficult subject laid out in the movie, Anna's memories. Anna must decide whether she wants the strange troll Brock to help her regain her memories of Elsa's magic or not. Super super cute! Highly recommend this to all Frozen fans, young and old.
Cym
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I like the premise of this story better than the first book. It's understandable that Anna wants to regain her lost memories with her sister when they were children.

Isn't the troll community a tight-knitted one? I wonder about the young troll, though, whom Kristoff and the other trolls don't know much about. It is weird!

But, I do like the ending and how the problem was resolved.
Sarah Hay
Apr 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-ally, j, j-series
Cute continuation of the Anna and Elsa story. Anna realizes that she has no memories of Elsa's magic from when they are children. When she finds out that her memories of magic were erased she decides that she will find a way to restore them, even if it means trusting the magic of a strange troll. Good for ages 5 and up.
Alysha
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
I love reading these books with my daughter! This book goes into how Anna doesn't remember Elsa's magic growing up, which was something I felt was left unsaid and unfinished in the film. Fun times, if you have a young kid who loves Frozen, read these to them/with them.
Cecelia
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After all the years apart that Elsa and Anna had, they want to remember the times they had as kids together. But, Anna can't remember because the troll removed her memories because Elsa didn't want everyone to know about her magic, but now she's queen so everyone does.
  • Ally's Mad Mystery (Disney Descendants: School of Secrets, #3)
  • The Great Mouse Mistake: Cinderella
  • Belle's Discovery (Disney Princess Beginnings, #2)
  • Aurora: The Perfect Party
  • Jasmine: The Missing Coin
  • Disney Princess  #1 (Disney Princess, #1)
  • Fairy Dreams (WINX Club, Vol. 5)
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 1
  • Before the Bell (Disney Fairies: The Never Girls, #9)
  • Ariel: The Birthday Surprise
  • Belle: The Mysterious Message
  • The Pagemaster
  • Frozen: A Sister More Like Me
  • Frozen

Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa (9 books)
  • All Hail the Queen (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #1)
  • A Warm Welcome (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #3)
  • The Great Ice Engine (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #4)
  • The Polar Bear Piper (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #5)
  • The Arendelle Cup (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #6)
  • The Secret Admirer (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #7)
  • Return to the Ice Palace (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #8)
  • Anna takes Charge (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #9)