Start by marking “Not Even Past (Jackson Donne, #3)” as Want to Read:
Not Even Past (Jackson Donne, #3)

Not Even Past

(Jackson Donne #3)

Finally, Jackson Donne has it figured out. After leaving the private investigation business, he's looking toward the future — and getting married to Kate Ellison. Donne is focused on living the good life — planning the wedding, a big Hawaiian honeymoon — until he receives an anonymous email with a link and an old picture of him on the police force. Once Donne clicks the li ...more
Published February 24th 2015 by Polis Books (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Not Even Past, please sign up.
Cassie Craig Dave White is a very talented North Jersey writer, you hear it all in his words! Can't wait to read Not Even Past and continue to follow Jackson…moreDave White is a very talented North Jersey writer, you hear it all in his words! Can't wait to read Not Even Past and continue to follow Jackson Donne's adventures in Vermont and beyond! Cassie Craig(less)

Elizabeth A.
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
The last time readers saw New Jersey-based ex-cop turned private investigator Jackson Donne (The Evil That Men Do) things were decidedly rocky, serious problems with both his family and his profession having reared their heads.

Now, three years later, Donne has turned the corner. He’s deep into the process of earning his degree, having gone back to college after being forced to leave the private investigation business, and is engaged with a wedding date looming. Things are going well.

Until Donne
Robyn
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just when we think our favorite PI has it all figured out, his life is thrown into turmoil in true Dave White fashion. This fast-paced novel gives us greater character development and true nuanced style to forge in our minds-eye why Jackson Donne is the man he is today.....or at least was before he gets a stirring email that changes everything he thought he knew.

A must read for a fan of the genre!!
Stephen
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime
When Jackson Donne saw the eight-year-old picture of himself, he thought the email was the weirdest form of spam he'd ever gotten.

With that sentence, Dave White's New Brunswick-based private eye returns to print. Not Even Past is White's first book in 4 years and the first to feature Jackson Donne in nearly 7. It doesn't seem that long as White seamlessly brings us back into Donne's life. In my review of When One Man Dies, I said "White rips Donne’s heart clear out of his chest and stomps on it
Melissa B
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this through GoodReads First Reads.
Jackson Dunning, an ex-private eye, is just recovering from his nightmare of a life, is engaged and straightened out his life and priorities. Then the nightmare continues.
This is a fast moving, edge-of-your-seat mystery. Hard to put down.
This book encompasses may events: Hurricane Sandy recovery, politics, law enforcement, and the mob. There is not a dull moment!
I will be finding David White's previous novels and reading them!
J.D.
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The revelation that his fiancee, long thought dead, is alive shatters the peaceful life former private investigator Jackson Donne has been slowly and painstakingly building for himself. A series of further shocks drives Donne to the verge of madness and results in the kind of damage that can't be undone. It's absolutely riveting, with the same gut-punching impact as White's first book. Highly recommended.
Mark
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was a lucky winner of this book here on Goodreads.com & am so glad that I won it. This book was very well written & the ending left it wide open for a sequel. I am looking forward to reading more Dave White books in the future!!
Mark Levandoski
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
This is a Goodreads First Read win for me,and first time read of this author.Storyline was good,but I did not care for the main character.Easy to read and breakdown of chapters was great for those brief idle minutes between things to do.A bit surprised at ending.
Thomas
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was an excellent book to read. I enjoyed it very much.
Rach
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
cannot wait for the next instalment of Jackson Donne!!!
Jovdb
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was ok

Not as good as the other Jackson Donne novel I read, number two in the series, I think. I also found all the errors so annoying! Was this not proof read before being published?

So, a couple of years after the end of the previous novel, Jackson is nearly finished his degree; just hS to write his final exams. He has a fiancée, Kate, and they are due to get married in a few months.

Then, a blast from the past. Jackson receives an email depicting his former fiancée, Jeanne, who, supposedly di
William Mosteller
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
The good news is that the pacing and scene flips keep one reading and fascinated. The bad news is that the content is hard to believe and follow.
Jackson Donne has an alcohol problem which is mitigated by his relationship with Kate. To, me, this is a literary theme as hackneyed as the whore with the heart of gold. The people I know who have alcohol problems find the guidance to "drink less" impossible to follow.
The books plot centers around a scheme to merge and privatize two New Jersey colleges
Joshua Atkins
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-read
Jackson Donne had moved on from being a cop and a PI. He (mostly) stopped drinking. No more drugs. A new fiance and a fast approaching wedding date. But when he receives an email with a link to a livestream of his six-years dead fiance, alive and in trouble, Donne gets dragged back into a world he wanted no part of.

Donne is supremely flawed and exceptionally compelling.
Megan
Feb 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
This was my first Jackson Donne novel, so perhaps I should have read the first two in order to better relate to the character. The opening premise was interesting and there seemed to be plenty of backstory that promised to be intriguing. But then it all just fell flat. I couldn't get invested in any of the characters and their actions just didn't make sense.

Kevin
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Donne

This the fourth novel in the series was a good story but I'm a bit confused about the ending. I guess I'll find out in the next installment! Enjoy!
Ann Stephenson
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Posthumous Man
  • Suicide Squeeze
  • Everything Under the Moon
  • Hell & Gone (Charlie Hardie, #2)
  • Drift Away (Noah Braddock, #4)
  • Beautiful, Naked & Dead
  • Amos Walker: The Complete Story Collection
  • The Money Kill
  • One More Game (Sara Winthrop, #4)
  • The Spider Inside
  • Down the Darkest Street (Pete Fernandez Mystery #2)
  • Rain Dogs
  • L.A. Rex
  • Saturday's Child (Cal Innes, #1)
  • The Archer Files: The Complete Short Stories of Lew Archer, Private Investigator, Including Newly Discovered Case Notes
  • The Coldest Mile (Cold, #2)
  • No Sleep Till Wonderland (Mark Genevich, #2)
  • Plainclothes Naked

Jackson Donne (5 books)
  • When One Man Dies (Jackson Donne, #1)
  • The Evil That Men Do (Jackson Donne, #2)
  • An Empty Hell (Jackson Donne, #4)
  • Blind to Sin (Jackson Donne, #5)