Start by marking “Avian (Dragonrider Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Avian (Dragonrider Chronicles, #2)

Avian

(Dragonrider Chronicles #2)

Jaevid wants to pass his Avian year of training . . . but will he even survive it?

What kind of power is lurking inside him? After a year of training to become a dragonrider, Jaevid Broadfeather has been sent home to rest during a three-month interlude. But when he returns to find the king drake has chosen Beckah Derrick as his new rider, Jaevid realizes something big is ab
Published August 26th 2014 by Month9Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Avian, please sign up.
Birgit Only just got the book, so your questions only popped up now. May be a bit late to answer, but: I am in Germany, too, and if I can't find anything on…moreOnly just got the book, so your questions only popped up now. May be a bit late to answer, but: I am in Germany, too, and if I can't find anything on amazon.de, they get a polite query from me, and usually they obtain it within a day or two.(less)

Cassandra
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***Received the book as part of the book tour for an honest review

The cover is okay, but I don’t know that it would attract me to pick it up if I spied it in a bookstore. It would be a mistake to not pick it up, but I would have preferred a dragon on the cover again :)

Of course I loved this book, my favorite characters were off adventuring again :) I didn’t read the blurb before I started reading, so I had lots of surprises while I was reading. I
Phoebe Prince
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Avian begins where Fledgling left off—literally with Jaevid in the same scene still reluctantly riding home for the three month interlude. Jaevid returns to find Katty with another boy (another blacksmith!) named Bren and his childhood home abandoned. Katty lives up to her name early on, and it’s clear she has complicated feelings for Jaevid, who has no desire to relate or reconnect with his childhood friend.

Jaevid learns wood-working, finds a mysterious sword, and a note from his brother, who’s
Jasmyn
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Avian is just about a perfect sequel to Fledgling. It's a DragonRiders of Pern for aimed at Young Adults. Jaevid is center stage again as he is set to start his second year of training - his Avian year. This year starts with some pretty amazing changes for him. He discovers some Gray Elf heritage the hard and painful way as his body finally develops. He also discovers some hidden gifts that are pretty scary to be honest. His gifts manifest in different ways and grow throughout the story. They pl ...more
Gail
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yes, I will admit that I like dragon stories. I wish I was a flyer. If you enjoyed Eragon and the continuation of the story, then you would enjoy this book. The first one was good, but this one was a little better. We see him become more aware of his powers and what he can do with them. I like his side-kick- a duke now- and how he protects him and heals him too. I also liked how this character accepted Lyon and forgave him for his previous behavior- I thought that showed how he was a better pers ...more
Ryan
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
my wife got this book from the publisher and since I loved the 1st book I decided to read it. To compare Fledgling to Avian is like comparing the Sorcerers Stone to the Deathly Hallows. Fledgling Jae is innocent and naive. In Avian we got a young man on the edge of manhood. I couldn't be more happier about this book. I was super excited page after page. It makes you laugh and makes you cry. overall 5 stars doesn't do this book justice.
Thomas Maher
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it, Waiting for Book 3

The story was so entrancing I could not put it down. I really hope there is a book 3. I was saying no this can not be the end I need more but now I have to wait. Why are the dragons not there to protect their riders? I hope book 3 fixes that as true Dragon riders are those that can be one with their dragon.
Jackie
Jan 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: favorites
This is the second novel in the series about Jaevid, the half Gray Elf, half human that gets to train to be a Dragonrider. Jaevid begins his second and most hardest year at Blybrig Academy. Katty shows her true colors and Beckah and Jae's feelings for each begin to grow. Beckah also has been chosen by The King Drake, and things are happening to Jae that he can't understand. He is showing more unbelievable powers that he might not being able to control. On top of all, animals are going crazy.
I th
Steven Brown
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic read that is fast-paced and without fluff.

A solid second book to the series that makes the first book feel almost like a prologue. The story itself grabs you quickly in the pacing keeps the story and stressing with each chapter packed full. Where the first book felt like it was aimed towards a younger crowd this one does feel more like a young adult novel.

Outside of one instance In which I feel there was a point of view era nothing really took me out of the story.

Again the book that'
Alysha DeShaé
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
I'm a little conflicted on how I feel about his sudden growth and there are still a few editing issues, but damn. It's still incredible and I still love it! Also, his powers are pretty cool, but I like that he's got some blowback when using them. After all, it would be just a touch too convenient if he was suddenly able to do everything he wanted without any real consequences whatsoever. And I'm not talking about the social stigma consequences, I'm talking about actual physical consequences of h ...more
Amber
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, own
This book was much like the first, it held me captivated from the beginning, I feel like there was never a dull moment. There are a handful of moments that are truly terrifying, and others that are absolutely heart breaking to me, however I still greatly enjoyed this book, and I can hardly wait to read the next one.
Michele Rodriquez
I am so captivated!!!!!

I love a good book. So far I cant put it down. Everyone will love this adventure. I dont know where to begin, you just need to start and before long you wish it would never end. Trust me, its 3:30 am. 😁
Deb
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Adolescent Tale

I like the story’s quick progression. The book accurately captures the adolescent angst. Interesting male character show complexity often missed in male characters.
Susan E. Clayton
Huh

Really good
It was really good it was really good
I like it a lot and thought it was really good
Keith Long
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Great story, but too many grammar, word choice and spelling errors for my taste. It did have less than the first book. I'm looking forward to reading Traitor.
Elad Levy
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

This story captured my attention immediately, from the very first word to the last sentence, I was hooked! Highly recommended.
Ashley Kough
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. I feel like it has been really well written and filled with drama and intrigue. Highly recommended for fantasy lovers!
Lee
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great series
Patricia A. Wentworth
Good read.

Good storyline... Was a fast read. A page turner. The many grammatical/editing errors distracted a bit from this good read.
Adam
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
it is one of my favorite books.
Jennifer  Butler
Getting better

Have to keep reading the series now. I'm hooked! Still an easy read for middle school - just enough fighting and romance.
Jessica
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good second installment in this mid-grade to young adult fantasy. I will be reading No. 3, for sure.
Michael Wines
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. I thought the first part of the first book was somewhat predictable, then the story and characters really took off. I'm on to the third book, now. It's such a great adventure!
Antonis
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing second book, really enjoyed it, finished it in a day :)
Angela
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I didn't know what to expect when I first started reading it but I wasn't disappointed. This is starting to turn into a hidden gem of a series and I'm looking forward to reading the next book.
Ornella (Nyx)
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was surprisingly great.
michelle usher
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving this series

I can't put the book down. Great series to just curl up and get lost for awhile 😀. Looking forward to reading the next book.
Cooper Miller
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book i recommend the series.
Mandy
I received Avian in return for an honest review as part of the tour hosted by Chapter by Chapter. Avian takes place right after the first book has ended. Jae and Felix are headed home for a three week break before they start their first year as an Avian. Against Felix’s request Jae heads home unknown what he will find but he wants to see Katty, and he feels he needs to go home. When he arrives he finds his family home abandoned with a letter from his half-brother telling him the house is his. He ...more
BookLoversLife
When Jae returns home for his break, he knows he wont get a warm welcome but he never expected that they just up and left the place without telling him! All he is left with is a letter from his step brother and a small few bits of furniture. During his 3 months there he receives a letter from Beckah asking him to come to her. He takes Mavrik and leaves.

Once there he realises that the king drake they were nearly attacked by has chosen Beckah as his rider, but girls cant be riders so what is she t
  • The Dragon and Princess Madeline
  • Spell Fire
  • The Ancient Fae (The World of Fae, #4)
  • The Blue Eyes Trilogy Complete Collection (Blue Eyes, #1-3)
  • Stolen Dreams (Cassie Scot #4)
  • The Warble (The Bernovem Chronicles Book 1)
  • Tommy Black and the Staff of Light (Tommy Black #1)
  • Flame Caller (World Aflame, #2)
  • Glass Frost (Frost, #2)
  • Becoming Blood (The Becoming, #3)
  • Very Superstitious: Myths, Legends and Tales of Superstition
  • How To Be A Goddess
  • Dragon Defender (Dragon Defense League, #1)
  • Embracing the Flames (The Born in Flames Trilogy Book 2)
  • Sarai's Fortune (Shadowcat Nation, #2)
  • Venom of the Serpent's Cunning (Andy Smithson, #2)
  • Unholy Alliance (Unholy Alliance #1)
  • Shadow Allegiance (Unholy Alliance, #3)
Nicole Conway is originally from North Alabama and attended Auburn University. She is happily married and enjoys writing as a full time career.

Best known for her international bestselling fantasy series, THE DRAGONRIDER CHRONICLES - Nicole is currently working on a follow-on series, THE DRAGONRIDER LEGACY. Her other published works include MAD MAGIC, THE DISTANCE BETWEEN STARS, SCALES (Releasing S

Dragonrider Chronicles (4 books)
  • Fledgling (Dragonrider Chronicles, #1)
  • Traitor (Dragonrider Chronicles, #3)
  • Immortal (Dragonrider Chronicles, #4)
“If you’re constantly worrying about something a hundred miles away, you’re liable to get killed by something two feet in front of you.” 1 likes
“He was so cheerful all the time it seemed like he might have brain damage.” 1 likes