Start by marking “The Favorite Son” as Want to Read:
The Favorite Son

The Favorite Son

Do family, faith--and fame--go together? In this captivating novel from award-winning author Tiffany L. Warren, two brothers reach for the stars, but are they prepared for a fall?. . .

They're handsome, smart, and musically gifted. Brothers Camden and Blaine Drake have put their talents together and founded a gospel group. The quieter one, Camden is the songwriter, while c
Published February 24th 2015 by Dafina

Tumika Patrice
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Favorite Son by Tiffany L. Warren

The Wilson twins are polar opposites. Blaine is a fair-skinned, charming, outgoing, irresponsible, selfish, sworn womanizer. Camden is deep in color and character, quiet, introspective, thoughtful, respectful and focused. One is the favorite of the mother, the other is the favorite of the father. One can’t commit to settling down if his life depended on it, the other has been with one woman for ten years. One is highly anointed and is content to be in the bac
Michelle
Absolutely Fantastic!!

Wow! This good was soooo good. Perfect example of you reap what you sow. Don't miss this treat. You will not be disappointed.
Natasha
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Oh how different twins can be, brought up in the same house with both parents but yet turn out very different. I don't want to give any spoilers so I won't say much, but boy did I feel for Dawn and the choices she made. Blaine was a piece of work just like his father and Cam was a sweetheart. If you enjoy church drama then you'll enjoy this book. It wasn't pretty but it was probably more real than not. It definitely had some bittersweet moments but overall it seemed to have more heartache and sc ...more
Connie
Wow! This is a hot mess! All of these church folk are out of control. Pastor Wilson is running his mega-church like a Wall Street Hedge Fund. It's all about the money! Pastor Wilson moves his two sons, Blaine and Camden, around like pieces on a chess board. Problem # 1: He has his sons in competition against each other and they are beginning to resent him and his non-Christian like behavior. And then Blaine, like father, like son; betrays Camden in the most disgusting way. But both Blaine and Pa ...more
Destiny Hawkins
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a good CF book with plenty of drama, music, and life events. The message of forgiveness was well received. I enjoyed reading the story of Camden, Blaine, Amber, Dawn, Pastor Wilson, etc. Camden was my favorite character. He was such a great man. I loved Amber's spirit and spirituality. This was only my second book by this author, but I enjoyed it from the beginning to the end. My mouth hung open after that first pivotal scene. I didn't want to put it down, as I had to hear the back story. I ...more
Ellowyn
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Tiffany L. Warren has penned another awesome book. I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars. We follow the lives of Pastor Wilson and the group So G.I.F.T.E.D. This book is full of drama, lies, infidelity, lust, deceit, faithfulness and forgiveness. What would you be willing to sacrifice in order to have fame, love and a great ministry. This book reminds me of the story of Jacob and Esau. If you are looking for a good read, I recommend you to pick up a copy of The Favorite Son. You will n ...more
Dr. Nic
Tiffany L. Warren is a great writer and this was a Good read! I found myself say “Oh my goodness” several times throughout this page turning story. Camden and Blaine are twins who are as different as different can be in both looks and personality. This story explores some tough lessons of faith, love, happiness, and forgiveness. It tells a tale about powerful men in the church and the family dynamics that go along with it…God will truly humble you.
Shavonna Futrell
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy Tiffany's work, I have read several of her books,this started off a little slow and then it picked up and I could not put it down. Amber and Camden were my favorites. I cannot believe how a few words of people you do not know can cause you to have a whole new outlook on people you claim to love, to the point you forget everything you knew and live about that person.
Michelle Lindo-Rice
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tiffany L. Warren has crafted an edgy, meaningful Jacob-and-Esau cautionary tale with thought-provoking lessons and themes . The descriptive language brings the characters and scenes to vibrant life. Friends, all I can say is with all the drama going on, when God acts, He will leave you breathless. I imagine this will be a great discussion piece for many. I LOVED it.
Charlotte
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read!
Kim
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was SOOOOOOO good!!
Maurice Jr.
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tiffany Warren took us readers on a thrill ride of friendships coming and going, calculating coldness, ruthless ambition, deceit and betrayal- all within the four walls of a church :-).

Blaine and Camden Wilson are the twin sons of a popular and influential pastor and are being groomed to one day succeed him. Rev. Wilson is determined that his church will remain popular and that his sons will carry on his legacy. He doesn't give them a choice, but they have dreams of their own regardless. Both ar
Wendy
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had started this book but put it down for awhile. I was encouraged to pick it back up during the Blizzard of 2016...OMG!!! Why didn't I finish it??? The characters are so well developed and real...I wanted to reach into the book and slap Blaine and Dawn a few times!!! I almost stopped reading near the end because I didn't want the book to end (that's how you can tell it's a good read). I'm begging Tiffany Warren not to let the story end here, there are other possible stories...Blaine, Dawn, Ke ...more
Karen
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tiffany L. Warren has done it again!! Awesome job with this book! This is a story about Pastor Wilson and his two sons; Blain and Camden, the modern day Jacob and Esau. Blain and Camden are twins and total opposites. Blain was a womanizer just like his dad. Camden was a man that lives his life that was pleasing to Christ. This book is full of deceit, faithfulness, forgiveness and love. Excellent book…
April
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 star rating for an exceptionally penned novel!! This book book is drama filled, full of infidelity, lies, betrayal, unforgiveness & life lessons. The characters were well developed and could easily remind you of someone you know. The events in the story were believable and emotions run high. There were moments where you will laugh, moments where you can cry & moments where you just want to slap the heck out of somebody. Kudos Tiffany L. Warren, this was a definite page turner!!
Sharon Lucas
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was an intriguing read which entertained and also gave you a lot to think about. I loved some characters, hated some and was thoroughly surprised about some of the twists and turns, especially those I didn't see coming. I would recommend this book, especially to book clubs because it definitely gives you a lot to talk about.
LaCeasha
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG this book was soooooo good. What happens when a father whose the pastor of a church thinks he's a dictator and at time thinks he's God (my opion)? Boy can it ruin a family. There are lots of unexpected twist and turns in this book. The writer does a wonderful job of holding your attention. I did not want to put this book down. You will not be disappointed with this read.
Antonette Smith
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, though I believe it could have been a little bit better. There was a bit too much going on with the husband (Pastor) and the son...and no one called their hands or anything!! Then, at the end, the unthinkable happens!!
Rosetta
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I definitely enjoyed this work. It is a true page turner in that the writing seems very real and authentic. The situation with the brothers is very plausible as well as their relationship with their parents. A very good read.
Shannan Harper
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you do not know Tiffany, you should. She is an amazing author, and I just love her work. One of the best Christian fiction authors in the universe.
Carolynnette Taylor
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yes!! Tiffany didn't disappoint!!
Hyacinth
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing storyteller, Warren weaves a story of heartbreak, lies, deceit and then flips the script and overlays it with love, forgiveness and acceptance in a way that you think not possible. All things ates possible with God. The Wilson clan is an upscale hot mess yet realistic family. Brian and Camden's story while heartbreaking is realistic...I've seen this dynamic of favor played out tint and time again. There are some twists and turns I surely did not see coming but added bite to the story. ...more
Keesha
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW! This is the 4th Tiffany L. Warren novel I have read and it was the BEST!!! I thought I liked her other stories, but this one blew me away. At first I thought it should have ended at the end of Part 1 and that Part 2 should have been a separate book. But once I read the whole thing, I felt very satisfied with the outcome and how it all happened. I am still shaking my head. What a story!!! We will definitely add this as a book club selection.
Pat Smith
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

You never know what happens behind closed doors - even those of ministers and their families. There was a lot of love in this family, but also a lot of betrayal and deceit. The pastor played with God, disrespected Him, his wife and congregants. He played his son's against each other. He favored the one that bowed down to him. And he reaped what he sowed. Great read.
Marsha Brown
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Speechless 😶

This book was one of the best over 20 books I have read in these last few months!! The characters, the drama, the storyline was sooo real. I couldn’t put it down and my neck is really hurting!!! The is a really good book for a book club to read and discuss. I had to remind myself this is fiction.

I gave the book 5 stars but it deserves 10!!!
Q Tano
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a romance story with a twist. It opens with a love triangle. Cam's sweetheart of 10 years is pregnant by his twin brother, and they are getting married. I was intrigued. The book flashed back to one year prior and brought you up to speed. It was good and the ending was really sweet. I cried at some moments. Overall it was a good book.
Angela S
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoy each and everything I pick up by Tiffany L Warden. I listened to the audio book and had so much fun with Dawn, Amber Blaine and Camdeezie! Beautiful faith-family and close relationship story I would encourage everyone to take a minute and grab the audio book. It brings everything to life! Thank you one again Tiffany L Warren!
Sims
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Things aren’t always the way they seem!

I enjoyed reading this book. The pastor and his favorite son were evil and they had the respect and admiration of many. The other son Camden talented as well as obedient to the Lord. Interesting twist and turns.
Read their stories and watch how the Lord works.
Shae
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tiffany L Warren presents a storyline that does not disappoint. Once you start reading, you cannot put it down. The Wilson’s family drama is on ten. Blaine, Camden, and Pastor Wilson have some issues. How do you reverence your pastor and church? Well, you may need to fasten your seatbelt and hold your bible close. You will need it on this ride. God who?
K. N.
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great read. It showed how people should not mock God and that you always reap what you sow. I loved Camden's diligence and how he didn't allow anyone to steer him away from the path God set before him.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Never Say Never
  • Mama's Boy
  • Lady Elect
  • The Truth Is The Light (The Blessed Trinity Series, #6)
  • Becoming Mrs. Right
  • Love in Play
  • Sweet Little Lies
  • The Mercy Seat
  • A Shoulda Woulda Christmas
  • Betrayal
Tiffany L. Warren, is an author, playwright, songwriter, mother and wife. Her debut novel What a Sista Should Do, was released in June of 2005 and has ministered to over 50,000 readers. Her second book, Farther than I Meant to Go, Longer than I Meant to Stay was a national bestseller. In 2006, Tiffany and her husband, Brent, founded Warren Productions and released their first gospel musical. What ...more