Start by marking “Julie's Butterfly” as Want to Read:
Julie's Butterfly

Julie's Butterfly

When beautiful Julietta meets aloof, handsome photographer Bastian, she immediately feels butterflies in her stomach.

But Bastian has a secret: Since birth, he has suffered from a very rare skin disorder that makes him exceptionally prone to injury. His life is riddled with pain and rejection; his thoughts are dominated by self-doubt and mistrust.

Julie wants to help him sha
Published November 18th 2014 by Amazon Crossing (first published October 2013)

Irene
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you want to read a book with a beautifully painful but enlightening story then this is the one for you.

Julietta attends her best friend Isabelle's opening night at the Schubert Art Gallery. She is introduced to some media people including a freelance photographer there to take still life photos of the event. His name is Bastian and Julietta is strongly drawn to this broody handsome man. After a brief introduction he rebuffs her and carries on as if the first sizzling attraction didn't happen.
Aaly
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by Netgalley for an honest review!
Review to come!

**************************************************************************
The blurb about this story intrigued me, the story about Julie and Bastian, complete opposites : Julie, beautiful sociable, carefree, solar, searching for a balance in her life; Bastian handsome photographer, very secretive, cold and putting people at distance. The first they met, they were immediately drawn to each other. Julie feels attracted to him like the m
Happily Ever Chapter

Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

Julie's Butterfly by Greta Milan
Release Date: November 4, 2014

*** Provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. ***
*** DEBUT NOVEL ***

Julie first meets Bastian when she attends a gallery opening for her best friend, at which he's the exclusive photographer. She's immediately drawn to his aloof, brooding manner and he's a little wary of the way she makes him feel. Fate seems to throw them together again where she ultimately challenges him. Bastian accepts the challenge only to allow fe
Rosie Amber
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Julie's Butterfly is a romance set in Europe around the little know skin disorder called epidermloysis bullosa. It's an hereditary skin condition where normal skin strength and elasticity is missing a few genes and the sufferer gets cuts, wounds and open sores from simple knocks, scrapes and body stresses. People with the disorder are know as butterfly children because their skin is as delicate as the wings of a butterfly.

The version of Julie's Butterfly which I read was a paperback translation
Sharlen
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, kindle
ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review!

“There’s always more to the story than what meets the eye” is definitely the case with the characters in Greta Milan’s creative and profoundly touching revealing of lives touched by “butterfly children”. Slowly we discover the depths of each person’s character, hidden beneath the abrupt personas, pasted on smiles and layers of scars and secrets. Gently we learn about the everyday struggles of living with epidermolysis bullosa, without the sterile me
Amber
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness what a wonderfully emotional book! Couldn't put it down. How difficult it must be to live with this type of disease. It truly takes a strong positive outlook in addition to having the support of loved ones to cope each and every day. Grab the Kleenexes for this one! Bawled my eyes out the entire last 20%. I hope we will have more from this author some day.

p.s. this book inspired me to do some research on butterfly children.
Katrin
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Das Buch hat mir sehr gut gefallen. Es befasst sich mit dem Krankheitsbild der Schmetterlingskinder und es ist erschreckend zu lesen, was sie alles durchmachen müssen und wie einige Leute und Kinder reagieren.

Die Liebesgeschichte zwischen Juli und Bastian war einfach toll und die Geschichte wird durch die tollen Nebendarsteller abgerundet. Absolut lesenswert.
Joy
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great. The dialog between Julie and her best friend often sounded similar to a Barbie cartoon. Admittedly this could have been due to the translation or narration as I listened to the audio, but my other complaints definitely weren't.

I didn't quite get Julie as she seemed to have little ambition despite having resources. I wasn't sure if she was supposed to be 19 or 25. Either way she seemed years younger than Bastian but the story made it sound like the
Susanna Chin
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enlightening story and sensitively written about people inflicted by a rare skin disease.
Valarauco
Cover
Mir gefällt das Cover richtig gut. Es ist ziemlich schlicht und mit dem Schmetterling sieht es einfach toll aus. Die junge Frau auf dem Cover sieht genau so aus, wie ich mir Juli vorgestellt habe. Es wirkt etwas mysteriös und hat mich einfach von ersten Moment an total begeistert.

Meine Meinung
Juli trifft während einer Vernissage ihrer Freundin Sophie, auf Bastian. Dieser ist Fotograf und soll das Ereignis in Bildern festhalten. Obwohl Juli Interesse an Bastian zeigt, bleibt dieser sehr kühl
Jacqueline
Nov 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, netgalley
This review was also posted on Chelsea's Book Obsession

I received this book from NetGalley and Amazon Publishing in exchange for an honest review.

I honestly don’t even know where to start with this review. So I will start with the things I liked about this book. I liked reading a book where one of the main characters has a skin disorder. I haven’t read many books with diseases or disorders. It was different and interesting.

Also, while I was reading I would find myself smiling, laughing or tearin
Hattie York
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Julie's Butterfly was definitely a different read for me in that it was written specifically to give perspective on a very rare medical condition called Epidermolysis Bullosa. This condition has varying extremes of presentation and is characterized by bruising and blisters due to the skin not having the appropriate connective tissues. The author, Greta Milán, is married to a "Butterfly Child" which is the name given to sufferers of this disease due to their fragile nature.

In this book the autho
~❤️Minnie❤️~
Wow, what a story. This is really something different and it really shows us what it is for patients of Epidermolysis Bullosa to deal with insensitive and cruel people that don't really understand what their going through.

The story is about Bastian—a reclusive photographer who has EB—and Julie—a woman who is still trying to find her calling in life. Julie is really attracted to Bastian but he is rude to her when they meet at an art gallery for Julie's friend Isabelle's expo. He makes it clear o
Carolina Arroyo
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was first really excited about the book, unlike many others it sparkled my interest not because of the romance but because of the unknown disease. However, as I kept on reading this book although it might contain to certain points fiction (I am not sure) was very realistic. I grew soo fond of it within the first few chapters because of the main character's (Bastian) mysterious ways that within 2 days of homework and small breaks of reading I finished. I would describe this books as an inspirin ...more
Romantic Reads and Such
Bastian is extremely sensitive about his condition and some very bad early experiences have shaped the way he deals with it. Meeting Julie though shakes up his world. He’s reserved, difficult, emotional, and very proud. He’s also very self-conscious about anyone seeing his body and his heart. Julie sees the man inside and is intrigued by him but she’s going to have a very long battle in front of her to break thru his walls.

It’s a very sweet and poignant journey for them, one that I took with my
Jackie Wolfred
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Julie's Butterfly", written by Greta Milan & translated by Alison Layland, is a story about a young woman who falls in love with a man who has epidermolysis bullosa, a hereditary skin disease. Julietta Hoffman was attending her best friend Isabelle's first art show, when she caught sight of the photographer, who immediately intrigued her and sent a feeling of butterflies in her stomach. She was introduced to Bastian and she felt a mutual connection at once. She blushed at the feeling and he ...more
Lisa
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You can find more reviews Mademoisellesnow Blog

In the beginning I felt that this was just your garden-variety romance story but soon I was proved wrong. Each of the characters had a deeper story connected and each of the “butterfly children” had their own back-story making me wanting to know more about them.

This was a deeply emotional book that grabbed my attention from the first sentence. I just couldn’t put it down once I started, just needed to know more about each of the characters. The stor
Kari Lessír
Das ist mein zweites Buch von Greta Milán, das mich ebenfalls absolut in seinen Bann gezogen hat. Die Autorin erzählt eine absolut berührende zu Herzen gehende Liebesgeschichte zwischen zwei jungen Menschen, die das Schicksal aufeinander treffen lässt. Bastian hat eine Hautkrankheit aufgrund eines Gendeffekts, was ihn zu einem Leben in selbst gewählter Einsamkeit verdammt. Aber Juli ist trotz seines Makels fasziniert von ihm und verliebt sich. Wie die beiden miteinander umgehen, welche Höhen und ...more
Kim Pet
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heartwarming, thought provoking and necessary, Greta Milan hit the nail on the head with 'Julie's Butterfly'! In weaving an invigorating romance through the trials of Epidermolysis Bullosa, Milan has successfully educated me on the disease while captivating me with Julie and Bastian's metamorphosis. Both hauntingly painful and touching, Julie's Butterfly will have you reflecting on its characters and subject long after you put it down.
Melissa
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
The author does a great job allowing the readers to walk in the footsteps of "butterfly children." This is one disorder that not a lot of people know about and you never think of the challenges that these "children" face. I loved this unique book!

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review via Netgalley.
Samantha
Wow. This was quite emotional. Bastian has faced alot due to his disease and a lot of it has created a life where is recluse. Julie isn't everything she appears to be either. What I loved is there was so much more to each of these characters and I have to hand it to Greta Milan. This story required kleenex. I really liked it a lot.
Barbara
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Amazon in a contest. I really like this book. This book exposed me to a disease which I had not known existed. The story was handled in a way that let me feel the suffering of the afflicted party. Good story line and likable characters. Good flow and a book I will pass on to others.
Grace Mead
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
A well-written novel exploring the debilitating effects of discrimination against those with diseases and its effects, which can be as hurtful as the disease itself.
Kim
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a Goodreads First Reads giveaway. Thanks!
This book is a bit sad... emotional.
Nellster
Nice easy read. Brought awareness to a disease I did not know existed.
Dominique Li
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Einfach nur wundervoll! <3
Brittany
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Way more to this story than meets the eye! It was fantastic and at times heartrending, I couldn't put it down and totally fell in love with the characters especially Bastian!
Rachel LivenItUp
I loved it! Such a beautiful and heartwarming Story that Made Me enjoy reading very much.
Kim
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads! It is very good. Suspense, emotion, and mystery...all of which I love!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Verliebt in der Nachspielzeit (New York Titans, #1)
  • A New Year's Surprise
  • Turning Point (Sholan Alliance, #1)
  • Königsblut (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #24)
  • Chasing Someday (Chasing Tomorrow #1)
  • The Jeweler
  • Nine Layers of Sky
  • Love-Slave to the Sheikh
  • Stellarnet Rebel (Stellarnet, #1)
  • Dreamers in Hell (Heroes in Hell, #16)
  • The Last Flight: A Novel
  • A Soldier in Love
  • The Silver Token
  • Wild Nights (Justiss Alliance, #3)
  • The Shadow Box
  • Shapeshifter
  • Echoes
  • Heart of a SEAL (Hearts of Valor, #1)
Schon als Kind wollte Greta Milán einen kreativen Lebensweg einschlagen. Zum Schreiben kam sie trotzdem eher zufällig. Seit ihrem erfolgreichen Debüt 2013 arbeitet die gebürtige Thüringerin als freie Autorin. Ihr Fokus liegt dabei auf gefühlvollen Dramen und Liebesromanen. Außerdem veröffentlicht sie unter dem Pseudonym Isabelle Voltaire humorvolle New Adult Romane.

Alle Informationen rund um aktue