Start by marking “Etherworld (Elusion, #2)” as Want to Read:
Etherworld (Elusion, #2)

Etherworld

(Elusion #2)

In this sequel to Elusion, three teens fight a virtual reality program that threatens to destroy their minds. Dangerous secrets and lies add up to a thrilling futuristic fantasy with an Inception-inspired twist.

Elusion was hailed as an exciting leap in technology—until users began to disappear amid rumors of addiction. Regan’s search for the truth led her and her new love
Published March 31st 2015 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Etherworld, please sign up.
Josiah This is definitely the final book, unless the authors change their minds. In the Acknowledgements (page 340), they refer to Elusion as a duology.
Amanda u have to download the book somewhere else. this is just a facebook for books. not an actual book to read here.…moreu have to download the book somewhere else. this is just a facebook for books. not an actual book to read here. (less)

Start your review of Etherworld (Elusion, #2)
Alyssa

Book Two of the Elusion series
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Publication Date: March 31, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Elusion was hailed as an
Giselle
An Electronic Advanced Reader Copy was provided by the publisher via Edelweiss for review. Quotes have been pulled from an ARC and may be subject to change.

You know how you start a book and it jumps right into the action? This is Etherworld. The action never stopped and I was constantly on the edge of my seat trying to figure out what was going on.

Regan isn't searching for her father this time around, she's trying to get out of Elusion and back into the real world. Along with that, she's also

This was a good end to the story!

Josh and Regan fought really hard in this book to rescue those they loved, and other people stuck in Elusion, and it was noble the way they never gave up, even when things got hard. That being said, it was easy to see why people would think that Regan was suffering from nanopsychosis when she was talking about seeing her dead father!

The
Michelle Wrona
This review can also be found on Key to Book City, check it out for more!

I often find myself wishing that I could be part of some kind of new project that'd totally change the world and its history. Make a new discovery or whatsoever. A girl can only dream, right? Reading Etherworld, the sequel to the magnificent Elusion that captivated me so much when I first read it made me feel that I was part of this new 'project' and 'discovery.' Gabel and Klam's inner vision of what the human race may turn
Kayla
*NOTE: THIS IS A REVIEW Of THE ENTIRE DUOLOGY*

Recently, I have decided that I want to try to listen to more audiobooks. Some authors are starting to release their books on Audible before ebook or print. Therefore, I would like to try to get used to audiobooks. I checked it what my library offered via Overdrive, their online audiobook and ebook service. I saw that they had the Elusion duology, which I've been wanting to read for a while, and decided to give it a try. I thought it was an
Farrah
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely brilliant sequel that was even better than the first, Etherworld was simply fantastic YA read. It had more secrets, thrills, betrayals, and it was all wonderful.

Regan was just lovely. She was an even stronger character in this book, determined to expose the truth and save the people who were being harmed by Elusion. She proved herself clever and definitely a force to be reckoned with. She was great and I really liked her.

Josh was wonderful as well. Just as determined to end Elusion
Shelley
**I received this book for free from (Katherine Tegen Books) via (Edelweiss) in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

*Genre* Young Adult, Science Fiction
*Rating* 3-3.5

*My Thoughts*

Etherworld closes out the Elusion duology by picking up right where Elusion left off. As I have just written my review for Elusion and posted it to Talk Supe Blog (04/16), I shall try not to spoil what happened in the previous novel. Story
Josiah
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shady dealings were definitely going on among corporate bigwigs at Orexis to promote their breakthrough virtual reality system known as Elusion, but Regan Welch couldn't prove it until she burrowed deep inside the simulation and came face to face with her father, David, thought for months to be dead. In Etherworld, a sub-program of Elusion designed by David for him to hide in from his corrupt bosses at Orexis, Regan learns the truth about Cathryn, the person in charge at the company. David ...more
Kelsey van Dillen
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-release
There were bits and pieces that were very thrilling but overall it just couldn't compete with elusion.
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

Like I said with the first book, I can really see something like this happening, and I think that's one of the reasons this book was so hard to put down. There are some surprising changes in Elusion to make things more interesting. This is a tricky world to live in, and that's even before you add Elusion itself. This story was well told, and all things were wrapped up nicely. I enjoyed how it was all concluded.
BookLoversLife
This is book 2 and the concluding book in this duology! I loved book one, Elusion, and couldn't wait for Etherworld to come out. It doesn't disappoint either because, dare I say it, it was even better than book 1. There was a little less romance but a lot more action!

When we left book 1, Regan was trapped in Etherworld with Josh, her dad and a host of other teens. This sees Regan trying to escape the Etherworld and find and save her dad. though will anyone believe her is she does get free? Just
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
Uh... ok?

I have such mixed feelings about this. I started it immediately after Elusion but this felt... different. And I don't mean that in a good way. I'm working on my full review but this felt weaker than the first book and that was on shaky ground to begin with.

FRTC.

Full review can be found here: https://agingerlyreview.wordpress.com...

I have yet to figure out why I torture myself the way I do. I somewhat tolerated the first book but the second book, Etherworld, felt like I was being slowly
Kari
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Etherworld is the sequel to Elusion. It picks up right after the events of Elusion. So, If you didn't read the first book, you will be lost. This does not hold up as a stand alone. In this one, Regan and her friends set out to take down the technology of Elusion and save the world from dangerous addiction.

This was a solid follow up to the first book. There were a lot of answers that helped things make a little more sense. I kind of liked this one a bit more than the first. There was more action
Tez
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suicide, attempted murder.
Ambrosia Aiyren
nice concept, it's just such a shame there was a bs love triangle.
Dark Faerie Tales
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales (http://darkfaerietales.com/)

Quick & Dirty: This sequel was a lot of fun and fans of book one will enjoy it immensely.

Opening Sentence: Local police are working on a solid lead in the case of three teens missing since mid-March: Claire Wilberstein, 19, a freshman at UCLA; Piper Lewis, 15, of Willshire; and Wyatt Krissoff, 17, of Inglewood.

The Review:

Warning! Elusion spoilers!

The program that her father created, Elusion, was supposed to create a beautiful
Bayram F
Actual Rating: 4.5/5

*an ARC of this book was given to me by the authors and an e-ARC via Edelweiss in exchange for a fair and honest review*

Etherworld by Claudia Gabel and Cheryl Klam was one of the books that took me the longest to read, in a sense. I originally started reading it in March and finished about a quarter of it before I slipped into a hiatus. During the hiatus I didn't touch it at all and finished it in May when my hiatus ended. Despite the gap between starting and finishing it I
Moriah
Jan 16, 2015 rated it liked it
I heard about the first book in the series, Elusion, a few weeks before it hit the shelves in 2014. The cover was beautiful, the story enticing, and Reagan’s men were swoon-worthy. When I received an ARC of Etherworld, the much-anticipated sequel to Elusion, I could not have been more ecstatic. The story picked off directly where the end of the first book left off—a huge cliffhanger, for those who haven’t read the first one—and Reagan and Josh were fighting their way back to save themselves and ...more
Sharon
Review: 4 out of 5 stars

Etherworld is the final book in the Elusion series and begins where the first book left off. I won’t go into too much of what happens in this book to avoid spoilers but it was just as amazing, if not better than the first book.

Regan and Josh are now in Ether, a bleak world within Elusion, the new virtual reality piece of technology that was created by Regan’s father. Ether is an area within the program that is hidden beyond the firewall, it is where her dad and others
Kat
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Rachel Eisenhauer
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
This is the second book in the Elusion series. Etherworld was just as good, if not better than the first. Which is rare that the sequel will surpass the original, but it does. The character development is to die for. It introduces some new characters, but keeps some of the same and shows you different, and even more lovable sides to them. The world building in here is so detailed that you can picture it perfectly. I like it how you discover things right along with the character, and your ...more
A Leisure Moment
description

Even though I did not enjoy this book as much as the first, I believe that it was a wonderful conclusion to Reagan’s adventure. I liked that her story only spans two books, and by the end of the novel it felt like her tragedy was finally ending so that a happy ending, which leaves readers without any questions, could begin.

To read the rest of the review, simply follow the link: http://www.aleisuremoment.com/2015/03...

description
Louisa
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh, man, such a great book! Really enjoyed seeing the characters get out of the situation they landed in at the end of the last book, and yeah, I'm pretty sure that it's a duology series!
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This book picks up where the previous left off. Three teens have outsmarted the code and found their way to Etherworld. This part of Elusion should exist outside of its control, but the expert hackers that have found their way here are learning that Elusion is evolving and adapting. Regan is still determined to save her father from this alternate reality and stop the execs of Elusion from putting this alternate reality software on the market. However, in order to stop everything, Regan and her ...more
Sarah Olson
May 29, 2017 rated it liked it
So apparently, this is my second time reading this book. And while I enjoyed it the second time around, I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I did the first time reading it. Don't get me wrong, the characters were just as amazing as I remembered, as was the plot. I think it was just the fact that details came back to me as I read, so the feeling of not knowing what happens next was decreased. It is still an amazing book, though.
Ellie Grace
May 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Rachel
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: finished-series, 2018
Julia Duncan
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
If I were to give it an exact review it would be 3.75 stars. Good book, but the first one was much better.
Celia Buell
Science fiction by women, with women at the core, is going to be the death of me. It's amazing to think I used to absolutely abhor science fiction in general. After my first experiences with A Wrinkle in Time, The City of Ember, The Giver, and Among the Hidden, I thought all science fiction was dystopian and not that well written (don't bash me, just my opinion, if you like them then that's up to you.)

I read Fahrenheit 451 in seventh grade for class, and that changed my idea of science fiction
Ezra
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book perfectly captures the futurist perspective towards AI. A must read.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
  • MILA 2.0 (MILA 2.0, #1)
  • Everlasting (The Immortals, #6)
  • Of Neptune (The Syrena Legacy, #3)
  • Night Star (The Immortals, #5)
  • Death Sworn (Death Sworn, #1)
  • United (Alienated, #3)
  • Rebels of Eden (Children of Eden, #3)
  • The Replaced (The Taking, #2)
  • The Countdown (The Taking, #3)
  • Death Marked (Death Sworn, #2)
  • Invaded (Alienated, #2)
  • Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)
  • The Hunt (The Cage, #2)
  • Deadly Little Games (Touch, #3)
  • Deadly Little Lies (Touch, #2)
  • Buried Heart (Court of Fives, #3)
  • Deadly Little Voices (Touch, #4)

Elusion (2 books)
  • Elusion (Elusion, #1)
“When you find out that everything about your reality is just an illusion, it's hard not to completely shut down.” 2 likes
“But right now, I'm going to focus on the beauty of life, not the darkness” 1 likes