Start by marking “Once Upon a Dream (Summerhill, #5)” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Dream (Summerhill, #5)

Once Upon a Dream

(Summerhill #5)

ver 3.5 million readers have fallen in love with the women in Kate Perry's bestselling Laurel Heights series. Now live the dream with her Summerhill sisters...

Summerhill, Book 5

Summer Welles wants the fairy tale.

The illegitimate daughter of Reginald Summerhill, the Earl of Amberlin, she listened to her mother's stories about the Summerhill girls all her life. In her mind,
Published September 15th 2014 by Phoenix Rising Enterprises, Inc. (first published September 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon a Dream

Start your review of Once Upon a Dream (Summerhill, #5)
RoloPoloBookBlog
Source: ARC from author
My Rating: 3/5 stars
My Review:

Summer Welles is a well-appointed attorney by day and a dreamer by night. Since she was a child, her mother (Reginald Summerhill’s mistress) told her she would one day find her prince charming and when she did, the first kiss would tell her everything. For her entire life Summer has lived and believed in the fairy tale and she has finally found her prince charming. Too bad she can’t drum up the courage to talk to him.

Ryan Huber is everything
Melody Mcallister Novellino
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had just finished a rather terrible book and I was needing a book to restore my love of reading. It was like fate had smiled at me and informed me that there was a new Kate Perry Novel waiting for me! It took me only a few hours to read it and I realized why I love to read so much. Sometimes you come across an author who really knows how to tell a story.
I've read everyone of Kate Perry's books and this was such a great addition. I loved that there were multiple stories and that we found out
Shelly
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this book. Maybe not as well as the other book in the series I read, but I still enjoyed it. I wish the author would have spent more time on Jon and Summer's characters, instead of devoting so much time to Jacqueline and Declan's side story. I felt like we could have gotten to know Summer and Jon a little better.
Teresa
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5

I didn't connect with this book as much as I was hoping to. While the writing and characters were good and interesting, I felt like this was a series I'd needed to read from the beginning to actually get a sense of the stories and characters. I felt like from the beginning I was coming into it in the middle of a story in progress and because of that I never connected fully with what was going on.
Derna
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received an copy of this book in exchange for honest review*

Once Upon a Dream is the fifth book in the Summerhill series by the lovely Kate Perry, and as always I love spending an afternoon with the Summerhill clan.

Summer Welles The illegitimate daughter of Reginald Summerhill. She is a smart, strong, independent, and beautiful lawyer, a little prim and proper maybe, likes to wear black most of the time, but she a true a romantic at heart. Her mother had always told her that she would find
Jessica
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have read and enjoyed every single one of Kate Perry’s books. She has an awe-inspiring library of books and characters to adore. I have recently loved meeting the Summerhill sisters and reading about the time they spend together. Although the books have been delightful, without a doubt Once Upon a Dream is my favorite. It’s a light-hearted and sexy story about taking a second chance at life and love after you make all the wrong decisions the first time around.

This book is about Summer and
NelaJules
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Heather
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a fun and enjoyable read. It can be read as a standalone, but it may take some effort to get to know who all of the characters are. The author does a good job meshing them all in and there are a lot of them!

This is the story of Summer and Jon. Summer is the daughter of an Earl and a product of an affair he had with her mother. They have both passed on and now she has been taken in by the Earl's widow and her daughters. Jacqueline is open hearted and takes her in as one of her own and
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
All of Summer Welles' fairytale dreams have come true now that she has finally found her prince charming. He's handsome, generous, smart, wealthy and he works in the same building as she does. Too bad he doesn't know she exists. Summer has a plan to change that at the annual Midnight Masquerade Ball, but the plan doesn't go smoothly when she mistakenly kisses another man. Now Summer must decide whether to continue trying to follow her fairytale or abandon it for another type of dream.

Once Upon
Liz
Aug 21, 2014 rated it liked it
This is really 2.5 stars and I generously rounded up.

So this author has this formula for her books: there's a primary story where we learn about both characters because the story shows both POVs; and there's a secondary story typically told from a single POV about a secondary character.

In this case, the primary story is about Summer finding her prince charming and there's a whole thing about kissing the frog instead because the prince is a liar and a thief and the frog is a mercenary (say
Barbara
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Once Upon a Dream Is Summer's story, the half sister of the other Summerhill girls, but they have taken her in as one of their own. Growing up her mother always told her that her life would end a fairytale, she would have everything and a prince to boot. Summer thinks she has found this in Ryan Huber, who works at the Investment Firm down the hall from her office. Jon Smith has been asked by his friend Edward Bradley, in payment of a debt, to investigate Ryan Huber who he feels is stealing money ...more
Elisa
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I always new Summer's story would be a little crazy love...lol the road to happiness is a very bumpy one for the illegitimate Summerhill daughter, but it's also a very funny road as well.
Summer is amazing seriously off her rocker amazing...lol she sets her sights on a man she reads as perfect for her on paper Ryan is Summer's prince charming, but looks good on paper is not always good in reality and Summer soon finds out with the help of the very handsome investigator Jon Smith that Ryan is
Katrina Marie
Oct 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Review

I enjoyed reading Once Upon a Dream. It was fun, steamy, and supportive.

I love that Summer believes in fairytales. She knows that her prince is out there somewhere. I admire her for going after what she wants. She doesn't let rumors deter her, and just wants to be happy. I think the thing I loved about this book was how supportive the family is. Even though Summer has this crazy idea of a perfect man they help her try to snag him. The bond between the sisters is comforting.

I loved the
Kanoko
Nov 11, 2014 rated it liked it

Been meaning to read this since release, and needed something with definite HEA to counter Code Runner 's non-rom HFN.

I liked Summer in the previous books, but I don't think I took well to her character in her own story; and while Jon was nice, he felt lacking to me as a main character. Didn't buy the love aspect because the foundation, I thought, was a little too ridiculous. Like every one of her sisters, I couldn't begrudge Summer her dreams (or delusions), but I expected more
Naomi
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm having difficulties reading this book. Usually I devour all Kate Perry's Rom coms, but this one just cannot hold my interest. I will try to finish because I hate not finishing a book, but Summer's character is ridiculous.
My main complaints:
She is a lawyer who believes in fairy tales- I know her focus isn't criminal law, but still. It doesn't ring true for me that someone in the Legal profession believes people can be innocent when evidence stacks up against them.
She finds it hard to believe
Penny
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story of love, old love reacquainted and of a love's broken promises.

I've read a few books by this author and so I've enjoyed her writing style very much. This book was no different although I have not read any books from this series I didn't feel out of place starting on this one. I feel it left a bit of a wanting at the end however a need to know more if you will, feeling in me.

I love the friendship and camaraderie between the sisters and Mother. The humor and banter is
Linda
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just absolutely love reading Kate Perry stories. Her stories always have so much romance and comedy that it makes the read so much more compelling. We get to read about Summer story. I was always curious about Summer because we got to know her a little throughout the past books. She always wanted to be accept from her father and his family. She seem a little insecure because she never had the approve from her father. But things change when she lives with Summerhill family. Her sister accept ...more
Samantha (WLABB)
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I am a Kate Perry fan. I can rely on Perry to deliver a fun romance. I loved the Laurel Heights books, and love the Summerhill books even more. This element of a family rebuilding to become a better version of the family they once were, is beautiful. The books are packed with humor and just enough heat. This book reveals yet another layer of Jacqueline, the matriarch of the clan. She is a compelling character, who I like a lot. I love how she is working so hard to reclaim her clan and herself. ...more
Cristy Kidd
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
You all know I can’t get enough of Kate Perry, so when I was sent the newest addition to the Summerhill series I, of course, devoured it. (Mind you, if you follow me on Instagram you know damn well I finished this book ages ago and just failed to actually, ya know, post about it).

Once Upon a DreamOnce Upon a Dream, by the lovely Kate Perry, focuses on Summer, the one sister who didn’t, actually, grow up Summerhill. The daughter of Reginald Summerhill and his mistress, Summer first became a part
Chrys
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Summer has always felt as though she is an outsider sitting on the fringes of the Summerhill family. Being the child that was born out of an affair.
Nothing could be further from the truth. The strong Summerhill women, including the matriarch Jacqueline have opened their arms and home to Summer and are there for her when she realises her childhood dream of finding her prince charming may not be going the way she expected.
When she falls for the frog instead of the prince they all band together
Crystal
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. It is the fourth novel in the Summerhill series but can be read as a stand alone. After reading this though, I can't wait to start at the beginning. The characters just crawl into your heart and you want to find out their stories too. It was written so well that you felt that you were catching up with friends.

This book centers around Summer, the illegimate daughter of the Earl of Amberlin, and her search for Prince Charming. Summer thought she wanted a prince but she found
Emily
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
The story starts off with Summer making a plan to win the heart of the man she knows will be her husband. He doesn't know she exists but she has a strategy to make him take notice. Best laid plans go awry though and Summer finds her fate may be leaning in another direction. You are pulled into the family dynamics which include a few bumps along the way. Jacqueline has a story line as well that was a surprise I wasn't expecting.

There are a few stories interwove in this book. I thought this was a
Jenn Avery
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One thing I've grown to love about Kate Perry's books is that there are always several different stories going on at once. In Once Upon a Dream, the man story involves Summer and Jon, but there is also the story of Jacqueline throughout as well. Jacqueline's story is really the glue between all of the Summerhill stories, not just because she is the Matriarch of the family. In this book she realizes that what she really knows is "family" which is also the theme through all of the Summerhill ...more
Bette Hansen
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another great additon to the Summerhill series. This is Summer's story and a great one it is. Determined to meet her Prince Charming, Summer is certain she knows exactly who he is. Sometimes though we find love where we least expect it. If you haven't started this series I recommend you read these books in order. There is a large number of characters and can be a bit confusing if you have read the others. This is a fun story and a recommend it to everyone.
Lisa Norkus
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kate Perry never disappoints! Once Upon a Dream is her latest masterpiece and it doesn't disappoint. This book in the Summerhill saga is full of characters so richly developed that they feel like your best friends. This was the love story of Summer but Kate wonderfully began setting up the stories of Viola and Jacqueline. It give you something to look forward to. I highly recommended this book as well as all of Kate's books.
Becky Claxon
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great book from Kate in the Summerhill series. I can't wait for the next book. I love reading about some of the characters we met in the previous books. We get to find out more about the mother of the girls to better understand her. I think most females want to believe in fairy tales and we get to live Summer's fairy tale. But, does Summer get the fairy tale she thought she wanted? Read the book to find out!
Katherine
Oct 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I was drawn to this book because of the cover and the authors name. All in all it was a good story, however, coming into it at book 5 meant that the characters weren't built very well, and it was a bit hard to piece together everybody's back story. I did stay intrigued and hoped that Summer would realize that Prince Charming isn't always the rich & famous guy.
Kristin
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You won't be disappointed with this one. Loved how Summer's frog turned into her prince charming all the bumps in the night that it took to get there. So glad to Jacqueline go after what she wants and find what was missing.
Lisa
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

How can you not love a book by Kate Perry! This one is no exception. Gotta love a hero named Jon Smith who thinks he's a bad guy. And an illegitimate daughter who is finally fitting in. You must read this book.
Sue
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with this family of beautiful, talented daughters and their incredibly lovely mother! Now waiting for the next two books in the Summerhill series to come out...and will be sad when they are done!!

• If Only It Were True
  • Sea Scoundrel (Knave of Hearts #1)
  • A Cold Dark Place (Cold Justice, #1)
  • The Truth About Cads and Dukes (Rescued from Ruin, #2)
  • Desperately Seeking a Scoundrel (Rescued from Ruin, #3)
  • The Devil Is a Marquess (Rescued from Ruin, #4)
  • When a Girl Loves an Earl (Rescued from Ruin, #5)
  • Rebel (Renegades, #2)
  • Texas Roots (The Gallaghers of Sweetgrass Springs #1)
  • Anything but a Gentleman (Rescued from Ruin, #7)
  • Cold Pursuit (Cold Justice, #2)
  • A Marriage Made in Scandal (Rescued from Ruin, #8)
  • Twelve Nights as His Mistress (Rescued from Ruin, #5.5)
  • Confessions of a Dangerous Lord (Rescued from Ruin, #6)
  • A Kiss from a Rogue (Rescued from Ruin #9)
  • Cold Hearted (Cold Justice, #6)
  • Cold Light of Day (Cold Justice, #3)
  • Ever Yours, Annabelle (Rescued from Ruin #0.5)
Kate has tangoed at midnight with a man in blue furry chaps, dueled with flaming swords in the desert, and strutted on bar tops across the world and back. She’s been kissed under the Eiffel Tower, had her butt pinched in Florence, and been serenaded in New Orleans. But she found Happy Ever After in San Francisco with her Magic Man.

Kate’s the bestselling author of the Laurel Heights Novels, as well

Summerhill (7 books)
  • Say You Will (Summerhill, #1)
  • Lost in Love (Summerhill, #2)
  • Let's Misbehave (Summerhill, #3)
  • Stay the Night (Summerhill, #4)
  • How Sweet It Is (Summerhill, #6)
  • Give a Little (Summerhill, #7)