Start by marking “Dunkle Ewigkeit (Tagebuch eines Vampirs #11)” as Want to Read:
Dunkle Ewigkeit (Tagebuch eines Vampirs #11)

Dunkle Ewigkeit

(The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)

Der Kampf gegen das Böse ist noch lange nicht zu Ende. Denn das Grauen hat viele Gesichter – und zeigt Elena, Stefano und Damon seine tödlichste Seite ... Fünf Jahre nach dem Showdown gegen Nicolaus scheint die Gefahr gebannt: Elena und Stefano genießen ihr Glück in Dalcrest, Damon und Caterina kosten das süße Leben in Italien aus ... bis das Böse erneut zuschlägt: Bei ein ...more
Published June 9th 2014 by cbt (first published May 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dunkle Ewigkeit, please sign up.

Brandi
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-13
Ok, so the series SHOULD have ended after Destiny Rising and should NOT have been continued by anyone other than L. J. Smith, but it didn't and it was so we have to get over it and read on, or let it go and walk away. Anyways, I didn't have high expectations for this book, but I had to read it anyways. I like that it starts out with everyone out of college and living "adult" lives now because more Dalcrest stuff would've been pointless. The bad guys there were already taken care of. Everyone's l ...more
Jessica
Dec 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nach einem Jahr auch mal weiter gelesen und ich war relativ überrascht, wie spannend es diesmal war.
Elisha
Sometimes I wonder why I bother continuing this series. It feels like I've read a million stories about Elena Whiny Gilbert now and I'm starting to really lose interest. Every time I think this series has finally reached a conclusion, there's more. Yet I still continue to read it. Why? Because despite its dreadful heroine, unoriginal plot and eternal continuity, I still do love this series and I do actually want to see it wrapped up eventually. Unfortunately, my persistence means that I end up h ...more
Kate’s Book Spot
Firstly I’d like to thank Hachette for sending me this book to read and give an honest review. I have read and enjoyed all of the previous Vampire Diaries books (even when the ghostwriters took over) so I couldn’t wait to get started on this one.

This is a great series and I love everything about it – the vampires, the danger, the romance/love triangle etc. In the last book I discovered that Elena was a Guardian and she also became connected/linked to Damon (thanks to the other Guardians), he the
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Ok... προσπαθώ να δω την κατάσταση θετικά, αλλά αδυνατώ! Και πώς να το κάνω όταν έρχομαι, ουσιαστικά, αντιμέτωπη με μια επανάληψη που δεν οδηγεί πουθενά και που δεν εξυπηρετεί κανέναν απολύτως σκοπό; Μάλλον, είναι αδύνατον!!!
Bridie-No excuses. No apologies. No Regrets Jones
As you can see from my pre-reading review and other reviews i have written for the last few books in this series (or the stream of drivel as it SHOULD be called by anyone who has ever read a real plot) I did NOT have high expectations for this (ridiculous and needless) book. But i have to admit that in all honesty this book was not COMPLETELY awful, neither was it unrantworthy because it really is.

Right, it starts with everything having moved on A LOT, considering it's four years after the even
Hillary Hunt
The plot was slow and meandering. I didn't like how it switched through all the characters throughout the book, because most of them didn't really have a lot going on that contributed to the plot. Which is all too bad because there were some interesting developments here that warranted more attention than they were given.

This book is written by a ghostwriter, and I couldn't help but feel like it was phoned in, earning an easy buck on the pre-made fan base L.J. Smith created. Kind of sad.

The onl
Nicole
Somethimes I wonder how it is possible that my oppinion may differ from books of the same serie.
This book was okay, but not my favorite. I had a few issue with it. But overal I liked it.

The book takes off four years later. Four years! A lot must have happen in the meantime. And so it has. I would have liked it better if we were there with them the whole time. Instead of telling us what all had happen to them. Not a big fan of the time they spent in Dalcrast in general.

" 'I need . . . ' he sa
Carly Fries
Before I Read the Book...

I thought Pretty Little Liars was the series that wouldn't die (and it was) but COME ON GUYS how many bad guys do Elena and the gang have to face before they call it a day? Huh?

Just put Dalena back together and say the end, that's all you have to do.

Summary of the Story

So...the story begins four years later. I know: What the fuck, right?

(view spoiler)
Amber
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I hated all the hashtags. .... so stupid
keikii Eats Books
Oct 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
20 points/100 (1 stars/5)

While not as bad as the last two books, this wasn't good, either.

The problem is, is there is no build up. I have no reason to care about anything thing that is going on. Things keep happening, things keep getting introduced, and then..that is it. They aren't developed at all. Everything that happened me just..not caring, even the death at the end of the book.
Felicia [Felicia's Ink(t)]
Damn when you think hmm anticlimax, woah another big thing happens and another plot twist I did not see coming!! Only two books left in the series.. but let’s move on to number 12!!
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Those that know me know that I am somewhat of a Vampire Diaries addict. I have read all 16 books in the series and obsessively watch the TV show. After Destiny Rising, I thought it was understood that the book series had come to an end. But then, the new trilogy, The Salvation, turned up. I knew I would enjoy it as I do all things Vampire Diaries but I wasn’t prepared for how much I would love it.

photo tvd1_zps9c07c25b.gif

Unseen begins four years after the ending of Destiny Rising. Elena, Stefan, Meredith, Alaric, Mat
Scarlett Rose
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-favorites

This is a FABULOUS series and I love everything about it – the vampires, the danger, the romance/love triangle etc.

In the last book I discovered that Elena was a Guardian and she also became connected/linked to Damon (thanks to the other Guardians), he then left because Elena chose Stefan! But that isn’t the end of it …

This book picks up the story four years later and began with an email from Elena to Damon – she was warning him of an unknown danger that she felt was coming his way. It was clea

Obaid Haroon
SERIOUSLY MASSIVE SPOILERS!!

Ok so he we are. The eleventh book with fairly average plot lines and half way normal writing. But we soldier on. Most of the previous annoyances with the characters have now vanished actually. Which makes sense as its set about 5 years after the last one. People have matured and they really did need it.

Elena has stopped whoring herself out and Stefan has actually grown a pair instead of always running back to the girl who's screwing his brother part time.
Bonnie is n
Michelle
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! There were a lot of bad reviews but I don't care! I love The Vampire Diaries series no matter what! I don't really care that a ghost writer wrote this, I still love it. This is my favorite series of books! And always will be. Can't wait to read Unspoken which I just got in the mail! I can't believe that Stefan is dead! But I think they will bring him back! I mean it's Stefan! He can't be gone forever!
Katie
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! I love the vampire diaries series and thought that it was going to end at the 10th book, but was pleasantly surprised when I saw that the 11th was being published. I was so upset at the end of the book and hope so much that it is sorted out in the 12th book (meant to be published soon!). I would recommend reading this if you've read the other ten!
Gillian
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say I liked this a lot better then the last book and was happy to see another set of VD books. I have to say the # at the end of some of the chapters was a bit much. I have been reading this series for so long I don't know if Twitter was even around..... oh god now I just sound old.
Over all if you are a fan, it is worth the read and I am hoping the next one is just as good.
Kushnuma
Jun 28, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Traci Scott
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love reading anything to do with the Vampire Diaries. There wasn't enough of Damon, and was surprised by the ending, but I cannot wait for book 2 of the trilogy. Thanks for keeping these characters alive in my imagination!
travis williams
Need l.j. Smith

I gave it three stars because even though the book was poorly done I love the vampire diaries series I would recommend this book to anyone who loves the vampire diaries but don't get your hopes up
Bella
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Viel mitreissender als die letzten Bücher, trotzdem grausamer und viele Tote. Bin gespannt auf den nächsten Band und wie es weitergeht
Pauline Anne
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an ending ! Never thought that would happen !
Joanne McClean
After the last book - where I was very disappointed - I am really intrigued as to where the story is going to go now. Let us hope that we get to see more Delena! :)
Off Market578
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!! That's all I'm sayin'!
Annette
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's hard to put into words how much I missed this world. And no, I'm not talking about the tv series, although that one is really awesome too, I'm talking about the world in the books. Where Damon can turn into a bird and fly. Where Matt Donovan is actually a point of view character and where Elena is a guardian angel with those amazing powers that go far beyond imagination.

Picking this book up and going through it as fast as I could felt like coming home. And the atmosphere set in the first bo
Todd
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know it's a really touchy subject... but I do really like these new books from the ghost writer. I think she is doing a great job.

with that said, wow! I picked a hell of a time to read this and finish it.

spoilers!!!

the vampire diaires show ended yesterday and one of the brothers died on there. finished reading the book today, and one of the brothers died in here. emotion overload!! The story was good! it had been couple years since I read the last book so I had to refresh myself but it was
Ange Mogni
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastico! Es una muy buena continuación además de que te deja con muchísimas ganas de leer el próximo ya que pasan cosas totalmente inesperadas al final.

Fantastic! It's a good sequel of the story. If you read this book , you'll need to read the next because in the end of the book happen things very important for the characters.
Bobbysue
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rate this book a 3.5. It is hard to keep the show and books apart. It just frustrating. I wished what happened in the books happened in the show or how what happened in the show happened in the books. I get why they kept the books and show apart.
Why isnt this published in the stores? 6 27 Jun 24, 2013 01:25PM
MAJOR SPOILER! 3 40 Jun 23, 2013 12:34PM
WHAT THE FECK IS THIS?!!! 1 30 May 02, 2013 01:48PM
  • The Ghost and the Darkness Volume 1 (Fallocaust, #2)
  • The Resurrection (The Originals, #3)
  • The Healing & The Dying (Tooth & Claw, #2)
  • Love You to Death — Season 3: The Unofficial Companion to The Vampire Diaries
  • A Hunter's Desires (Tri-Omega Mates #6)
  • Wisdom of the House of Night Oracle Cards
  • Ever My Merlin (My Merlin, #3)
  • White Nights: A Vampires of Manhattan Novel
  • Severed (Fated, #2)
  • Midnight Bites
  • Ash and Echoes (Blessed Epoch, #1)
  • Fractured (Fateful, #2)
  • Head Shy (Dark Horse, #2.2)
  • Here Comes the Vampire (Dead End Dating, #6)
  • Breaking Out
  • The Mummy
  • Keeping Sweets (Newport Boys, #1)
  • Vampire's Eve (Vamp Life #1)
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th

The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation (3 books)
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #2)
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)