Start by marking “Gray's Domain (The Purgatorium Series #2)” as Want to Read:
Gray's Domain (The Purgatorium Series #2)

Gray's Domain

(Purgatorium #2)

After enduring Dr. Hortense Gray’s experimental therapy on an island off the coast of California at a compound known as The Purgatorium, seventeen-year-old Daphne is delighted to learn she will now have a chance to have revenge on her parents and boyfriend by participating in their therapy. It’s payback time, and Daphne can’t wait to begin.

Dr. Gray defends her dubious me
Published May 31st 2014 by Green Press

To ask other readers questions about Gray's Domain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gray's Domain

Crystal Gray
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved everything about this book, I was entranced from start to finish.

The Purgatorium never ceases to amaze me. You truly never know what will happen or what's real and what's an exercise. Gray is something else that's for sure!
Mariela Bustos
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok. Book one hooked, lined and reeled me in. I was curious to know what exactly was going on. Was Dr. gray good or bad? I was left with so many questions?

Yet know I still have a few, and wow so not what I was expecting. If your looking for a book that makes you ask who? What? And why? This story is great. I was on edge and having so many scenarios crossing my mind. So many possibilities, questions, and most of all mixed emotions. The more I read the more I was in awe with Dr. Gray and Daphne's
Jennifer Pierson
There isn't a book that Eva Pohler can write that I just won't love! It doesn't matter the genre, she takes it and makes it her own.

Gray's Domain is the sequel to The Purgatorium and if you want to understand it to the fullest, you must read book 1 first. In the first book, Daphne gets to experience a rather unorthodox form of treatment for depression. In Gray's Domain, she turns the table on her family and boyfriend with the unorthodox treatment.

This book can be classified as a psychological t
Tristin Christenson
You think the first book leaves you wanting more! This book delivers, the plot thickens, new characters, more excitement!
Darlene
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received Eva Pohler's second Purgatorium book Grey's Domain along with the rest of the series in a Goodreads giveaways. I was hoping I would be able to enjoy it more, but I couldn't suspend belief that there would even appear to be effective results in Grey's "treatment" of terrorizing people. As unbelievable as that was for Depression with suicidal ideation and Addiction, expanding it to PTSD and Schizophrenia for this book took it another step too far. The "gluten allergy" felt fad-ish to me ...more
Jonel
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: print
This novel was spooky and eerily entertaining. Pohler’s phenomenal descriptions of the natural world leave you breathless while her fantastically imaginative storytelling keep you hooked. The story’s smooth forward flow pulls you in. The symbolism behind various aspects of the story adds an extra layer to the tale. Not only is this story suspenseful and grippingly entertaining, it also has a huge psychological impact on the reader. It opens your eyes to the possibilities and realities around you ...more
Katherine
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gray's Domain by Eva Pohler is the sequel to The Purgatorium. I highly recommend that you read The Purgatorium first in order to fully understand and appreciate this book.
In The Purgatorium, Daphne experiences a strange technique to help her overcome her depression. In Gray's Domain, Daphne helps Dr. Gray use her unusual therapy techniques on Daphne's family & boyfriend.
This book is very well written and the plot has lots of twists and turns. It is a roller coaster ride of emotions and inten
Kristy
Nov 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: x
As I mentioned in my review of The Purgatorium, this is a completely new author to me. This is my first series from her but definitely not my last. This book employs many of the same therapies as seen in book one, only the tables are turned a bit, and I start to question Daphne's character. But Dr. Gray has a way of justifying the therapy methods. Are these methods good? Bad? And what do I make of the ending of book two? And what an ending! Gah! This series will definitely keep you guessing! I'm ...more
Nastasia Nazar
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Epic Read, with Valuable Feels!!!

This book was every bit as good as the first one, if not better! It addresses so many issues related to mental illness, guilt, and internal struggles. It is also quite the adventure. There is never a dull moment! I can't wait for the next one, and if you read it you'll see why. There are some real feel good moments in here, and it makes you feel like anything can be worked through, or overcome. I can not rave about it enough!!!
Deausha Felker-sernicola
Omgosh this left off where the first one ends !!!(must read book 1 to get the full effect )I couldn't wait to dig in . The characters were twistedly amazing . This will have you at the edge of your seat , wanting to know more NOW , A couple of times I honestly Just about spit out my MCD"S sweet tea. Oh what a Thrilling ride !!!! Eva you are a amazing author and because of it I have found a new genres of books to read !!!! THANK YOU
Kerri Simpson
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. Not a fan of the character doctor gray but the book is amazing. Daphne and her family are going through dr. grays unusual therapy together. Id never sign up for it willingly. But I really enjoyed it the story.
Brandy
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are so good!! Can't wait to read the next one!!!
Gracie Lea Silverwood
Just as page turning as the first book in this series couldn't put it down I literally read it in one sitting.
Mary
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading the The Purgatorium, I picked up this book. I couldn't put it down. I was excited to read the book and Eva Pohler didn't let me down.
savannah
Book 3 for the BookTubeAThon!!
Lynette
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: open-series
3.75/5 stars! Quick and enjoyable read. This is not as suspenseful to me as the first book. I love the new and growing complexities of the characters. There is a constant back and forth curiosity of whether Dr. Gray is friend or foe, although the decision for myself is clearly the bucket of water! And while the ending does tie into the storyline, I can't help but feel it was slapped onto the end? My opinion right now is, this could have made a nice duology, though realize I have not read book 3 ...more
Laura Martinez
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a thriller!! I was unable to put this book down till it was finished!! Just like the first book this one captured my attention. To avoid giving out spoilers...gah, I’m very interested in seeing what happens next!! It was interesting to see how Daphne felt about the exercises she was doing on her parents and bf and how it had her questioning if it was truly a exercise or real life. At times I wasn’t even sure myself! So good!
Narrator is great as well!
Rachel
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
More twist and turns.....

We left off in book one with the family coming to the island with her boyfirend as well. More stuff played out with the different therapy/exercise activities. Daphne and her father got hurt and her mother brought her brother to the island. I'm not going into what happen but it is one hell of a roller coaster ride with twist and turns on every page.
Lana
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daphne has made it through her trials, and has accepted that her parents need to go through trials too. She agrees to help, so long as it doesn't go as far as it did with her. Of course, the doctor's don't see it that way. Dr Gray believes that the whole family needs to be treated in order to move past Kara's death. When an exercise nearly kills Daphne and her father, she is determined to get out and bring back the police to shut the place down. Only Dr Gray has something else in store, and Daph ...more
Belinda Clemons
Ginny
Oct 05, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Darlings of Sci-Fi
  • Theriac (Emanations #2.5)
  • Dream Reunion (Dream, #6)
  • Between Us, Book 1-3, The Complete Box Set: Reid and Lola's Story (The McDaniels Brothers, #7-9)
  • The Soulkeepers: Books 1-6 (The Souldkeepers, #1-6)
  • Atlantis Glacial Tides (Lost Daughters of Atlantis #5)
  • The Sisters of Magic Trilogy Boxed Set (Sisters of Magic, #1-3)
  • Perilous (Ripple, #7)
  • Details, Details, Details (Modern Gods, #1)
  • Saving Forever - Part 7 (Saving Forever #7)
  • Transcend (The Transformed, #8)
  • At Odds with Destiny
  • The Mage Storms (a Valdemar Omnibus) (The Mage Storms, #1-3)
  • Skin (Broken But... Mending #1)
Eva Pohler is the USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels in mystery/suspense and young adult fantasy, including The Mystery Book Collection, The Mystery House Series, The Purgatorium Series, The Gatekeeper's Saga, and The Vampires of Athens. For freebies and more information about Eva and her books, visit her website at http://www.evapohler.com.

Purgatorium (3 books)
  • The Purgatorium (Purgatorium, #1)
  • The Calibans (Purgatorium, #3)