Start by marking “FUDS: A Complete Encyclofoodia from Tickling Shrimp to Not Dying in a Restaurant” as Want to Read:

Since the FUDS parody menu went viral through the Brooklyn foodie scene, then the broader food world and the even broader Internet in 2012, people have been clamoring for the recipes behind those menu items. (Well, actually, no, they haven't, because most of them consisted of baffling nonsense words [Mini-hrak cuddles with malonies] or otherwise sounded disgusting [Dead do ...more
Published February 24th 2015 by Bloomsbury USA

To ask other readers questions about FUDS, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about FUDS

karen
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: eats, for-laughter
People who use cookbooks are cowards. If you love following directions so much, go build an end table from IKEA. Coward.

(probably not actually) Mario Batali

this book is very funny, but just like its subject matter, the more you indulge in it, the less enjoyable it is. at first, it was great; i found something funny on every page, and i was digging the bite-sized sections and the variety of its humor.

but then with the next course the book tightened its focus and just became chapter after chapter
Etienne
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
2,5/5. Not so sure what I was expecting about this one, but I was hoping for something funnier. Yeah it’s a humoristic book, kind of a parody of a cookbook, original for sure and funny in maybe the first twenty pages, but it soon became repetitive and lot less funny. Not really worth it!
Colton
Jun 03, 2015 rated it liked it
This book has the greatest dedication. Thanks to the Mizretti Brothers, I have dedicated my life to eating only variants of The Bill Clinton Sandwich, the best tasting food that has and ever will be eaten by anyone. Ever.
Ryan
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much. I don't know what it is about it, but this is the most laugh-out-loud funny book I've ever read.
Brittani Lenz
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
I must have missed the funny boat with this one because I'm lost.
Jacob
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very funny book that is best absorbed in small doses. The first third is basically perfect, but the recipe section can become repetitive and each works better as an independent sketch than as a portion of a larger whole. Another beautiful tile in the complex mosaic of modern written comedy/satire.

Not to take away from any of the other authors, but it's worth nothing that this is yet another excellent comedy book that involves the talents of Dan Klein.
Kevin Swanson
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
The humor in this book just falls short. The majority of this book is fake recipes, which are ridiculous and boring. The author made them so over the top fake that they lost their funny. The beginning and end of the book have some funny bits, but not enough to carry it.
Amy Elizabeth
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was looking forward to reading this after Jimmy Fallon gave it high praise on his show. It is a beautiful book with stylish layout and content written by 8th grade boys who just learned the F word. Disappointed.
Chris Dana
Mar 18, 2015 rated it liked it
It had its moments, but I think the authors were trying too hard to be funny. Batali's foreword was probably the funniest part for me.
Matthew
Teri
rated it it was ok
May 17, 2015
  • This Is Why You're Fat: Where Dreams Become Heart Attacks
  • Tom Fitzmorris's Hungry Town: A Culinary History of New Orleans, the City Where Food Is Almost Everything
  • Play with Your Food
  • Where Chefs Eat: A Guide to Chefs' Favorite Restaurants (2015)
  • A Curious History of Food and Drink
  • Fed, White, and Blue: Finding America with My Fork
  • Two for the Road: Our Love Affair with American Food
  • A Coupla Shades of Taupe
  • Fork It Over: The Intrepid Adventures of a Professional Eater
  • Reasons My Kid Is Crying
  • Beaten, Seared, and Sauced: On Becoming a Chef at the Culinary Institute of America
  • The World on a Plate: 40 Cuisines, 100 Recipes, and the Stories Behind Them