Start by marking “Crowning Glory” as Want to Read:
Crowning Glory

Crowning Glory

Cinderella had a prince; Karyn Wallace has a King. Book One in Restore My Soul series. While Karyn served four years in prison for an unthinkable crime, she embraced salvation through Crowns for Christ outreach ministry. After her release, Karyn stays strong and confident, despite the stigma society places on ex-offenders. Since Christ strengthens the underdog, Karyn refus ...more
Published June 5th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published April 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Crowning Glory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crowning Glory

Start your review of Crowning Glory
Nardsbaby Reader
Will She or Won't She?

Karyn Wallace has served her debt to society and is now biding her time while on parole. While incarcerated, Karyn was reborn into salvation. She doesn't expect society to forgive and forget, but at least she knows that through God all things are possible. And possible they are with Levi Tolliver, a widower with an adorable little girl who has set his sights on getting to know Karyn better.

After learning about Levi's wife's murder, Karyn fears that she and Levi may be on op
Lady  Krystal
Apr 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good book, I liked it a lot. The story dealt with forgiveness, salvation, past regrets, and family relationships in a very relatable and realistic manner. I have a relative who went through something similar to what Karyn went through, with different circumstances of course.
I really like Levi, he was somewhat of a hero in Karyn's life. I think he showed up at a crucial time in her life. I loved the role that Rossi played in the story, he was always the voice of reason. It will be very in
Grace Brown
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this one down!!
Teressa
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the story line. It definitely reminds us that God's. grace is sufficient.

It was a great read. Suspense filled. The characters are relatable and leave you thinking of those in your own life that mimic their personalities.
Nedra Haymon
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read. Powerful lessons learned with these characters on prayer, loving one another, forgiveness, and being judgemental. .
Evette Thompson
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
Karyn Wallace was a humble woman. She really believed that her past was forgiven and was taken out on the cross. Karyn was living a restricted life due to her being out on parole. Working at Books Unlimited, she met Levi and long story short, they fell in love. Levi's wife died when a store she was shopping at, was robbed. This left Levi a single parent, raising Dori with the help of his sister in law Jet.

Jet was a very bitter and mean woman due to her sister's death. So of course you already kn
Maurice Jr.
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Karyn Wallace is on probation after serving time for an unimaginable crime. During her four years in prison, Karyn came to Christ through the Crowns For Christ outreach ministry. Her faith sustains her, even through all the restrictions placed on her as an ex-convict. Her goal is to finish out her probation and then be able to live her life freely again.

Levi Tolliver is a Christian who has not yet mastered forgiveness. His wife was killed during a robbery, leaving him a single father of a young
Judy
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crowning Glory by Pat Simmons
Restore My Soul Series Book One
Karyn Wallace has committed a crime, served her time, and is now out on parole. Besides her roommate and some folks at church—her past is her business. God has forgiven her so she doesn't have to broadcast it. Not even the guy she's falling in love with. Or does she?

Levi Tolliver has been going through life not fully alive for four years now. Ever since the night his wife was murdered. He does have his wonderful daughter and she is the
OOSA
Aug 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mending Broken Hearts

After seven visits to Bookshelves Unlimited, widower Levi Tolliver asks Karyn Wallace, the store's children specialist, out on a date. He believes that God is telling him it's time to move on. He's been grieving the loss of his wife, Diane, for the past four years. With the help of his daughter Dori, he is slowly bringing his head from underneath the sand.

Karyn Wallace has had to overcome a lot. She found God while serving time. After being released from jail, she continue
Monique
Apr 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Karyn Wallace and Levi Tolliver have lived the last four years in purgatory. Both couldn't reconcile the pain that ripped their hearts apart with the joy of God's redeeming Grace. God drew them together through Bookshelves Unlimited while little Dori opened their hearts to the ultimate forgiveness. However, the devil wasn't ready to step out of their life just yet. The past reared isn't ugly head and love may not conquered all.

Simmons shines in this Godly romance. This avid reader was overwhelm
Lashanda
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Karyn Wallace found God while serving time. Once released, she is determined not to stray from God. While on parole, she works at Bookshelves Unlimited as a children's specialist and takes some classes at a local college.

Levi Tolliver is a successful businessman who loses his wife in a robbery. While grieving, he's raising their daughter, Dori. Her love for books is what led her father to meet Karyn.

They both have a past they're trying to move on from. Karyn isn't so open about hers. Will her pa
T.A. Beasley
Jul 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Crowning Glory by Pat Simmons is about starting over under God's direction. The main character is trying to start over from a past that she rather forget. When she meets a Christian man that loves her unconditionally she is terrified of telling him about her current living arrangements and how she ending up in that situation. When her secret is revealed she continues to pray for understanding. Will he be able to move on? or will it destroy their relationship? ...more
Wayne Jordan
Jul 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
CROWING GLORY was a very good story and a solid addition to Ms. Simmons' growing body of quality stories. While it took a bit too long for Levi to discover Karyn's secret, the emotional angst each of the central characters faced made their internal conflict and the inevitable conflict between them very believable. CROWNING GLORY is a wonderful story of forgiveness and finding self-worth in Christ. ...more
Shirley
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm forgiven!!!

Wow, Levi is so self righteous, even though he had a devastating situation in his life, he fail to realize through Christ we are redeemed. I was surprised with all the chain of events in his thinking it turned out like it did. Women are strong and men need to know that, especially Save women. Even tho I did really enjoy the book,I became frustrated with that Levi , you will too!
Idrissa Uqdah
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A freed soul in Christ

Five stars are not enough for Karyn and Levi's story about love and forgiveness. This carefully crafted novel is full of God's grace and mercy.

The characters are well thought out and the storyline serves as a ministry for those suffering from postpartum depression. Not enough is known about this condition.

The story is an unusual twist on redemption
and how God favors us when we least expect it.

I just loved this book!
Loretta
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cinderella had a Prince; Karyn Wallace has a King. Her King change everything in her life. He shows her
how to love again and gave peace within herself.
"Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling....." and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy". (Jude 1:24). You will enjoy this book.
Patti Brown
May 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Crowning Glory" was excellent! The story of survival, redemption and forgiveness...mixed in with a little unforgiveness, kept me turning the pages. Good scriptural references for personal use; and the St. Louis setting made it even more personal. Read and enjoy! ...more
Kendra Holiday
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm hooked!

These Tollivers...I loved reading Levi and Karen's story. Two broken individuals, that with love and God, found their way to each other. Both of them fell down but got back up with God and their love for each other. I need more Tollivers!
Brenda Porter
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were believable and you could feel how they felt. The emotions that the main characters Levi and Karyn had to deal with worked along with the supporting characters.
I hope there will be more books in this series.
K.Denae
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. The guilty series is still my favorite and will always be, but this is a close second. Pat Simmons outdid herself with this one.
Jackie
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent, a real page turner
Shannan Harper
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one was very good as well. Sometimes the punishment doesn't always fit the crime. I am happy it ended the way it did. ...more
Victoria
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crowning-glory
Awesome read
Ozeilia Donnette
I've never finished it. I have to find it to finish it. I may have to purchase a new one. That's why I haven't yet rated it. But,normally I like all books from www.urbanchristianonline.com ...more
Samantha
Joyce
Aug 15, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Temptation: The Aftermath
  • Though I Stumble (Promises of God #1)
  • What's Done In the Dark
  • Not With the Church's Money
  • Crossroads
  • The 7-Day Prayer Warrior Experience (Free One-Week Devotional)
  • Hidden Blessings
  • Heart of Gold (Blessings, #5)
  • A Time for War (Mama B, #5)
  • If I Believe (Promises of God #2)
  • Amaryllis
  • Stranger in the Lake
  • Tender to the Touch
  • If Only For One Night
  • A Soldier Finds His Way (Forever a Soldier, #1)
  • My Love Story
  • More than a Soldier (Forever a Soldier, #2)
  • A Soldier's Song (Forever a Soldier, #3)
Pat Simmons is a multi-published Christian romance author with more than thirty-five titles. She is a self-proclaimed genealogy sleuth who is passionate about researching her ancestors, then casting them in starring roles in her novels. She is a three-time recipient of the Romance Slam Jam Emma Rodgers Award for Best Inspirational Romance. Pat’s first inspirational women’s fiction, Lean On Me, wit ...more

News & Interviews