Start by marking “Pride of Love” as Want to Read:
Pride of Love

Pride of Love

Twenty-five-year-old Jesse Coleman endures a heinous act on him. After the case is dropped, his mother, Claire, accedes to his request to move. Leaving behind his old life, he is left with a disturbing scar on his back. Hopelessness comes in on him and he takes off the bracelet that he has worn his whole life, which means something to him. Looking for a new beginning, Jess ...more
Published June 3rd 2014 by Xlibris

Jewel
Thanks to the publishers and Netgalley for the review copy of this book.

I really should have read previous reviews before requesting this book from NetGalley, since it has been out for a while. The blurb sounded interesting, and I liked the cover, but I couldn't actually make it through the book. I hate to say it but, it did not work for me at all.

The writing felt too disjointed. The author jumps around in the story a lot, and the POV changes are very jarring, all of which made it very diffi
MWBP
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Faith, Hope & Love – A review of the novel ‘Pride of Love’

“Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into” - Mahatma Gandhi

Growing up isn’t easy, beyond the quiet memories and stable lives most people aspire to have; life itself can be complex without having a tragedy to complicate it further. A lot of books toy with the idea of self importance while very few deal with creating self awareness.

Kevin Dwyer’s novel, ‘Pride of Love’ tells the story of a young boy Jesse who has to be
T.M. Smith
Sep 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
Jesse Coleman and his devoted mother have just uprooted their lives and moved to a new city, new house, a fresh start. Jesse was attacked on his way home from the store one night, left for dead and then forced to face his attackers in court, only to have them get off scott free due to lack of evidence. Jesse is withdrawn and depressed, so his mother acquiesce's to his request to move, leaving behind her home, job and friends for the sake of her son.

Their first day in their new home Jesse meets e
Crina (Reading Addict)
Original post on http://readingadd.blogspot.ro/

I asked for this because I enjoy love of all kinds, for me doesn't matter if you're straight or gay. If you're happy and you're confortable with yourself then I've no problem with who you love.

But this wasn't what I was expecting. I mean the idea was there but it wasn't well developed; the book was more like a summary, everything happened so fast, the characters are just sketched, sometimes you don't know where they are or who is speaking. In some
Lee Todd
Sep 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
*This book was given freely for a fair and honest review from BookBuzz.

**This book was reviewed for NetGallery.com

DNF - I read to Chapter 6 but was unable to continue as the book just had too many editing/proofing problems to make it a tolerable read let alone an enjoyable one.

If I was to go by the blurb alone I would have no hesitation in giving a 4 or 5 star rating but sadly a blurb does not make a good book.

Some of the problems were - poor language skills, consistency within the story (the M
Marjorie
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Given To Me For An Honest Review

Pride of Love by Kevin Dwyer is a must read. It is about Jesse a young boy who suffers from a gay bashing. After those who did is are found innocent and let free, Jesse and his mother move to begin their life over. He soon meets Jaden. Jaden suffers from abuse by his father. He is treated as an outcast by others because of the way he dresses. Before long Jesse and Jaden fall for each other. This is a story of two young people who meet, spend time together, fall in
Brendan  Muller
Sep 10, 2014 rated it liked it
(I received this book courtesy of NetGalley)

When i first started reading this book i was a bit confused as to both Jaden and Jesse's past's , but all was revealed by the end of the book, this book was a very fast read and i was done rather quickly. I did enjoy the story as it was believable and relatable to an extent as many gay males go through these types of experiences and hate some less and some even more.
I recommend this to M/M readers that just want a quick read.
3.5 Stars