Start by marking “The Extremely Epic Viking Tale of Yondersaay” as Want to Read:
The Extremely Epic Viking Tale of Yondersaay

The Extremely Epic Viking Tale of Yondersaay

This winter, siblings Ruairi and Dani Miller visit their ancestral homeland: the legendary Viking island of Yondersaay. Even with Granny Miller's storytelling to pass the time, the pair manage to find trouble. In less than twenty-four hours of their arrival, Ruairi is mistaken for the lost Boy King of Denmark, kidnapped by Vikings, and scheduled to be sacrificed at sundown ...more
Published October 11th 2016 by Tantrum Books (Month9Books, LLC.)

To ask other readers questions about The Extremely Epic Viking Tale of Yondersaay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Extremely Epic Viking Tale of Yondersaay

Hannah Michaels
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is definitely a quick read for the middle grade child who loves adventure! It's a cute story richly woven with Viking history and myths and legends, and magic just believable enough that it feels as if it might be real. Ruairi and Danni were marvelous, but Granny really stole the show for me as the obstinate, spry old woman that was full of stories and a joy to be around. So basically what I would like to be if I got to be
ACME  Teen
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Mystery and danger, adventurous and fast-paced, The Extremely Epic Viking Tale of Yondersaay was a great story that was perfectly written for someone about my age – 10 and in 5th Grade. I loved learning more about the Vikings and their myths and legends. I had heard some of the names like Odin and Thor and Loki before and it was exciting to hear more about them.

The story was exciting because the kids were fun and about my age. It took me a while to practice pronouncing the brother’s name – Ruair
Jennifer Y.
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
My Rating: 3 1/2 Stars

*I received a free digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*

With a title like “The Extremely Epic Viking Tale of Yondersaay,” this book had quite a bit to live up to, and I must say that it certainly managed tried its best with a fun story, fascinating characters, and unique plot twist that I definitely see coming.

Siblings Ruairi and Dani and excited to be spending the Christmas holidays in Yondersaay with their great-great-great-grandmother, or as everyo
Laura Reading
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very tall, fanciful tale about being told an ever taller, more fantastical tale.
A fun adventure for kids age ten and older about a family trip, mystical history, buried treasure and "a bloody, oozing, murdered body." With some age appropriate romance thrown in, such as fairy tales require. Much of the story takes place in a colorless Crimson Forest without trees in a land that no one can find. A story about relationships, including those within a family.
Granny says over and over that this is
Devin Doyle
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bloody brilliant. Sharp and funny, and perfectly pitched to the age group.
Audrey
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty decent book. I won't say it was excellent but it was definitely entertaining. In a way I would compare it to A Series of Unfortunate Events, though I did enjoy this more. A good choice for middle grade readers who love fantasy and fiction.

*I received a copy of this book for free. The review is my own, honest, and unsolicited.
J. Ford
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoy Middle-Grade books. I think they’re fun, exciting, and I really like it when I find an author who writes well for the age group.

As for THE EXTREMELY EPIC VIKING TALE OF YONDERSAAY, I really, really wanted to get into this one. I mean, who doesn’t love a great Viking tale, but try as I might, this one fell short to me.

The beginning of the book was cute, with a funny scene involving our two main characters and a teacher and a few birds. I got a good laugh and was prepared for an entertaini
Brenda
Karen Giasson
Janet Watson
Anne
Apr 21, 2016
Aoife Lennon-Ritchie is an Irish writer and actor. She lives in Cape Town, South Africa with her husband and two children. She is only one sixteenth Yondersaanian, but she has red hair and white skin so is often mistaken for a full Yondersaanian.

If you would like more information on Yondersaay, or to go to the island over the school holidays, try emailing the Shetland tourist board, the Yondersaa