Start by marking “After Midnight (Killer Instincts, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
After Midnight (Killer Instincts, #4.5)

After Midnight

(Killer Instincts #4.5)

From a talented author on the rise comes a sexy new novella in Elle Kennedy’s action-packed Killer Instincts romantic suspense series.

Abby Sinclair was one of the deadliest assassins in the world before she became a mercenary. She likes her work—the missions, the adrenaline, the danger. But now she has a secret that could change everything. Especially since she and her h
Published October 7th 2014 by Signet

After Midnight is the only novella to date in Elle Kennedy's romantic suspense series: Killer Instincts. It follows up on the series' first romance from Midnight Rescue: Kane and Abby. They've managed to make their marriage work in the midst of their mercenary work but this next unexpected step in their life has the power to change everything...and neither one of them know the right course to take.

After Midnight presents a very mild (and surprisingly easy) mission for these characters but this book focuses on Kane and Abby as character
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 4 After the Happily Ever After Hearts!! :D <3

After Midnight is a cute and endearing look into the lives of Abby Sinclair and Kane Woodland, the couple from the first book, Midnight Rescue. Despite this being a novella, the suspense, danger, humour and sexy moments that we've come to expect from this series are ever present, cementing our love for not only this series, but this couple as well. I enjoyed catching up with Abby and Kane, and despite being a strong married couple, it was nice to see them wo/>After
Yesenia Gonzalez
Oh, I am so glad we got to see more of Abby and Kane. For this being a short story it felt well developed and keeps me on my toes. In this short story, we find out Abby is pregnant and is scared because she doesn't feel like she has emotions like a regular mother but Kane is there to support her. Abby and Kane getting parental advice from Noelle and Jim is funny! We need pregnant ladies on the team it's cute, the guys get all protective.
Dawn ♥ romance
I've liked this romantic suspense series but this novella not so much. The action wasn't very exciting and the plot wasn't all that interesting. Good thing it was short. Expert assassin Abby keeps a secret from her mercenary husband Kane while they are on a mission together.
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

After Midnight was a fun little novella where we get to spend some time with Abby and Kane again. I loved seeing these two again and I adored seeing them established in their relationship.

Abby and Kane are so wonderful together and even more so now that they have been married for three years. I love their dynamic and I love how much they love one another. I also really liked watching them work together. They are still mercenaries an
Lynsey A
Well, I don't give anything away with my shelf. It's pretty obvious from the synopsis what the issue is for Abby and Kane in this book. What else could it be? :)

This one I actually found really enjoyable. Probably because it was so short and I didn't have to deal with Noelle and D. :)

I liked the interaction between Kane and Abby in this one and I loved seeing a "lighter" side of Abby, although for Abby it wasn't that light. She is just opening up more after 3 years of marriage to Ka
Hollis
This little novella was oohey gooey sweet and lovely with Kennedy's usual steamy and action-packed (though somewhat tame for this shorter length installment) flair. I liked Kane and Abby way more in this little book than I did in their full-length series opener. Also, it was emotional and I maybe got a little misty. Shut up.

I finally have the rest of the series lined up and plan to immediately pick up the next in order to finish my truncated binge.
mizlanah
3 stars - Adult Romantic Suspense

RD: Oct. 7, 2014.
Linda
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Abby and Kane return in a short suspenseful read for a followup after Midnight Rescue! The child of the ambassador has been stolen in an Egyptian market and Abby, Kane, and their bosses unite in a rescue attempt. This installment is overflowing with savory satisfying sweetness - more than normal when compared to the other books in this series.

I have already posted a few fav quotes... will post a full review soon!

4 Wine Glasses!
Shirley Ririhena
May 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, novella, suspense
it's a sweet little story but still so them for those who miss and want to know Abby & Kane's story. it's not much but enough to satiated some curiosity & missing their story.
Aileene
Oct 29, 2014 rated it liked it
And for the life of me I can't picture this dangerous couple in my head :(
Ricci
Jul 28, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

Aww love Abby & Kane but just felt this novella was a little rushed and quick! Loved reading about these characters.
Dee
3.5 Stars
Alisa
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great addition to the series... I can totally picture Kane and Abby’s situation. Just do yourself a favor and read the whole series! I love this author, and this series is so amazing.... Awesome tortured characters, excellent sexual tension and angst, hardened warriors and thrilling military suspense...each book has a great plot with just enough romance mixed in to keep you going!
Donna
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick

It was good to see Kane and Abby again. I enjoyed their journey and liked how it ended. I didn't care for how much talk there was about whether they would keep the baby and how easily Kane had given in to Abby's thoughts. All in all this is a nice addition to the series.
Natalie
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: novellas
Reading this book to complete the series, but this book wasn't necessary. I didn't really learn anything new. What was the point?
Kristi
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Super short and sweet like all good follow up novella.
Melody Loomis
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this little novella! I read it in like a day. It's only available as an ebook, which at first I thought was a little disappointing. But then it turned out to be a good thing because if I had it on my phone, I could pull it out every few minutes and no one knew I was reading a book, lol. And I could NOT put it down! (It was like 1.99 from the apple store, which wasn't a bad deal.) And on the plus side, I get to keep it because it's not a library book! :D

Abby and Kane are my favorite coup
Deb
The opening scene was great but the rest of the story was a giant pile of meh. I think the only reason that Abby's secret - which is revealed early on - is not part of the blurb is because people like me would have skipped this one. I expect better than moments worthy of a Harlequin Romance circa 1960 and contrived plot points powered by urban legends from Elle Kennedy.

Spoiler: (view spoiler) ...more
JadeShea
After Midnight begins with Abby and Kane working together to help save a little boy that has been kidnapped. They've been married for a while now, but Abby has a secret she doesn't know how to tell Kane. And when he does find out she's not sure about how things will work out and what he will think.

Kane and Abby must experience some tough times before they can make it out of this while also trying to save a little kid. But with the help of their bosses things may end up working out for the bette
Amanda S.
3.5 stars, it's good but I WANT MORE!

It's pretty understandable that Abby's freaking out. I mean, growing up as she is, she's not exactly a woman with, well, womanly traits. Sure she's hot and all, but her heart and head are scarred, that's why I'm glad that she has Kane in her life.

Kane's hasty action really disappoint me. But then again, it's normal because he's a man with no sense of sensitivity. I'm glad that Noelle and Morgan finally knocked him off his senses.

Overall, cute and gory litt
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
This was a fun look at Abby and Kane (the characters from the first book) as they work a mission and deal with an unexpected surprise. It was nice to catch up with both Kane and Abby and see them work through a difficult issue. There was also an appearance with both Jim and Noelle who both gave relationship advice to Kane/Abby. I wouldn't recommend reading it as a stand alone but if you've read the series this is a great edition and a nice extended epilogue for Kane and Abby with plenty of the t ...more
Sparkymom
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great novella

This read like a full length novel and was everything you would expect from this series. I enjoyed catching up with Abby and Kane. Their marriage was strong, but a momentous event was driving a wedge between them. Abby had a decision to make, but Kane saw no choice. A dangerous wedge formed between them, but two of the most unlikely people end up working together to help each one realize where they had been wrong and how to make things right.I thought it was a great story and a pi
Donna
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We met Abby & Kane in Midnight Rescue: (Killer Instincts #1). We revisit them in this short when they are on a case in Cairo. It is 3 years later and they have grown as a couple. I don’t know how much to say without giving spoilers so I will just say that they are just as hot and with Jim Morgan and Noelle for comic relief this is a quick and intense read. I also like that Ms. Kennedy tackled an issue I had questions about and gave satisfactory answers. I don’t recommend this as a standalone ...more
Judy
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a between-the-numbers (4.5) novella in the Killer Instincts series. This book is about Abby and Kane from the first Killer Instincts novel. They've been married for three years, but something happens to drive a wedge in their relationship. They must deal with that while helping their mercenary team extract a kidnapped child in Egypt. It is a good story, but I was disappointed in the editing. For a short book, there shouldn't have been as many mistakes as there were. It distracts from the ...more
Cindy
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a treat this book was. First I love this series and to get a short novella that includes the first couple that made us fall in love with this series – Abby and Kane – and also to get the two people we have been dying to know their story/history – Jim and Noelle – was like a bonus bonus… This was about two mercenaries who have been married 3 years getting an unexpected surprise and having to deal with it while on a mission together. I have to say Noelle and Jim giving words of wisdom was pre ...more
RachelW (BamaGal)
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a short follow-up story about mercenaries Kane and Abby from the first book of the series 'Midnight Rescue'. The couple have been married for three years and still working Ops for Morgan's elite team when some unexpected news shakes up the world of Kane and his former assassin wife. Yes, it's exactly what you think it is, but it's handled well, and in a surprisingly realistic fashion.

Oh, and there is a nice lead-in to Morgan and Noelle's story, due out on November 4.
Michelle the Romance Witch
really wish i had not read this one out of oder, but somehow it's existence slipped by me and i read the full length novel after it first. :)

that being said, i loved this story and seeing how Abby went from being the badass i always loved to the serene and preggers lady i saw in that novel. Loved seeing Kane fall apart over his family too.

need to be more careful next time i guess and catch novellas in between stories!
Josephine
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This reminded me how much I loved Abby and Kane and I was so glad I got to revisit them. This was short but it packed a punch. It definitely added to the Morgan and Noelle's story, but the focus was clearly on this huge development between Kane and Abby. I can't wait to see more of them as the series goes forward.
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
I imagine this takes place right before Jim and Noelle's book and right after Isabel.

A lot of sexy sexy in here but not too much to make you cringe.

We also get to see Noelle and Jim again, which is always interesting.

There really isn't much to review without revealing anything but just know that if you're a fan of this series, it's a good novella that revisits Kane and Abby.

• Pick Your Poison (Bullet Catcher, #8.5)
  • Storm Warning (Security Specialists International #4)
  • Burned (Titanium Security, #3)
  • First Taste of Darkness
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • Wait Until Dark (The Night Stalkers, #4)
  • Darkest Night (Wired & Dangerous, #2)
  • Lonely Shore (Chaos Station, #2)
  • Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team #7.5)
  • Frosted (Moreno & Hart Mysteries, #2.5)
  • Watching You
  • Facing Fire (Bad Boys Undercover, #3)
  • Surrender (Section 8, #1)
  • Guilty as Sin (Dead Wrong, #4)
  • Killer Decision (The Killer, #2)
  • The Grinch of Starlight Bend
  • Hard Landing (Echo Platoon, #2)
  • Protector (Dark Ops, #4)
A New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently writes for various publishers. She loves strong heroines and sexy alpha hero

Killer Instincts (8 books)
  • Midnight Rescue (Killer Instincts, #1)
  • Midnight Alias (Killer Instincts, #2)
  • Midnight Games (Killer Instincts, #3)
  • Midnight Pursuits (Killer Instincts, #4)
  • Midnight Action (Killer Instincts, #5)
  • Midnight Captive (Killer Instincts, #6)
  • Midnight Revenge (Killer Instincts, #7)
  • Midnight Target (Killer Instincts, #8)