Start by marking “Until Friday Night (The Field Party, #1)” as Want to Read:
Until Friday Night (The Field Party, #1)

Until Friday Night

(The Field Party #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  32,023 ratings  ·  3,161 reviews
To everyone who knows him, West Ashby has always been that guy: the cocky, popular, way-too-handsome-for-his-own-good football god who led Lawton High to the state championships. But while West may be Big Man on Campus on the outside, on the inside he’s battling the grief that comes with watching his father slowly die of cancer.

Two years ago, Maggie Carleton’s life fell ap
Published August 25th 2015 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Until Friday Night, please sign up.

Geri Reads
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
2 stars!

So this is pretty much standard Abbi Glines. When I read the author's announcement on her website saying that this series would be like The Vincent Boys, I knew I wanted to read it. The Vincent Boys was the series that got me started on Abbi's books and I have a soft spot for it.

Until Friday Night follows the story of Maggie. She's the new girl in Lawton High. Her past was tragic and because of this, she doesn't speak to anyone. West Ashby is your typical high school jock. In a town whe
Christy
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo e1b9cfe4-ea6f-4e53-b86a-823d35f819ac_zpsrhei8qr8.jpg

I have read every single book of Abbi Glines (Yes- ALL of them) so when I heard she was writing a new YA book, I had to get it asap. She is such a guilty pleasure of mine because I know exactly what to expect when I read a book of hers. I know the type of heroes/heroines to look forward to and usually what direction the book will go. Her books have a formula and it’s one that works for me. Until Friday Night had that, but was a little different since it was YA.

Maggie and West meet one F
description

Blurb: To everyone who knows him, West Ashby has always been that guy: the cocky, popular, too-handsome-for-his-own-good football god. But on the inside he's grief-stricken - his father is dying and he hasn't told anyone because he can't face the truth.
Now, as his pain grows unbearable, West finally decides he needs to talk to someone about his dad. So in the dark shadows of a party, he tells the one girl who doesn't speak everything he can't tell anyone else. West expected to feel relief, a flo
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

description

I have been super excited to get my hands on this book and to my surprise it wasn’t what I have envisioned when you talk about Friday night field parties with hot high school football players falling in love. This story had an overall very somber vibe as both the hero and the heroine face loss within their families. West clings to his best friend’s cousin, Maggie the girl who doesn’t talk since the loss of her parents as he faces the impendent death of his hero, his father.

West was th
Beverly
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LIVE - http://amzn.to/1LuyPEF

Growing up in the South I learned quickly that football was king. Whether it was high school football on Friday, College football on Saturday or Professional football on Sunday, when those leaves started falling and the air turned crisp – it was Football Time In Tennessee. It’s no secret I am a HUGE Abbi Glines fan, so a book about high school football by one of my favorite authors, I was dying to read Until Friday Night.

West Ashby is the start football player, popu
Danielle (Love at First Page)
Ummmmm, no way in HELL am I finishing this. What a horrible love interest/"hero"! He treats the girls around him like crap but it's okay because his dad is dying. Literally ALL OF THE BOYS are manwhores and the girls are harpies to make the main girl look better. This was not my high school. I shudder to think that the tropes this author uses - especially in regards to sex - will become popular in YA/NA romances. The dude finds a new fuck buddy 40% into the book, and I know this isn't the first ...more
Kristen
1.5 Stars

I pretty much skimmed this whole book, which is a first for me with an Abbi Glines romance. I actually enjoyed her other Young Adult romances, but this one couldn't hold my attention.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
This one wasn't for me. I felt for Maggie and what happened with her family. And I felt for West with what he was going through with his family. But, it just didn't hit the mark

Maggie cane to live with her aunt and uncle and her cousin, Brady. I liked Brady most of the time because he was real protective. At times too protective but still.

The rest were just okay
KAS
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it

Yay!! My first Abbi Glines read and it won't be my last.

Gosh, I love a YA read, especially when it is as well written as this one. Told in my favorite POV style, Maggie and West had my heart from the get go.

Their first encounter ......

Maggie doesn't speak! Hasn't for two years. The pain she feels is still so deep and so raw she can't bare the thought to speak. She recently moved in with her aunt, uncle and cousin, Brady, who is the same age as Maggie. They are both starting their senior year in
Aestas Book Blog
Jun 23, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
NEW ABBI GLINES SERIES!!! Sounds amazing!!

Two years ago, Maggie Carleton’s life fell apart when her father murdered her mother. And after she told the police what happe
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Jun 23, 2014 marked it as to-read
Currently listening to this one

Ooh la la:

Follow Foxy Blogs at: Foxy BlogsTwitterInstagramFacebook
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: natasha
Ohhhh, wait until you see what Abbi Glines has in store with you with this series!!!!
Jen
I quite enjoyed this book.. it is the first in a series by Abbi Glines and it’s all about falling in love in High School!! Throw that together with the football jocks and the special girls they fall in love with, and you have a great read!
Review to come!
Catarina
Aug 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
3 Broken Stars.

Maggie saw her life being destroyed when she saw her mother’s death under the worst circumstances.
Wes always had a good life until recently cancer had slowly started taking his father’s life away.
They didn’t met under the best circumstances but that didn’t prevent them from becoming friends, even though both of them wanted more.
But it’s possible for love to happen when two persons one person is breaking and the other one is already broken?

description

Abbi Glines uses the same formula in
Joy (joyous reads)
Once upon a time, I was a big fan. Back when New Adult wasn’t a thing. Back when she was still able to pass off her work as suited for her target audience. Slowly, her novels become one trick ponies. I’ve stayed away from her books since then. It’s been years. I thought I’d given it enough time. I thought that between the time passing and the amount of books she’s written since then, there’s bound to have been some growth. Apparently, success does not necessarily equates to improvement in one’s ...more
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
"His face . . . It was like God had taken all the perfect features for man and put them together just for this guy"

description

Welll, that should not be surprising at all. I don't know why I even bothered. But okay okay lets see what's wrong here. I'll try to keep it short and I hope you guys will understand why I feel like I just wasted my time reading this. Yep, that's harsh but its true.

Until Friday Night was a quick read and I have Abbi Glines' writing to thank for that. It was very simple so its easy t
Christina (Confessions of a Book Addict)
I couldn't get through this one. I couldn't get past the sexist comments being made by every guy in this book and constant comments on how a girl LOOKS. I mean not all football players act like that. They aren't all neanderthals pounding their chests and hooking up with every girl along the way. I love football, but I couldn't get past the sexist comments. I thought they were disrespectful and not something I was willing to be subjected to....even in fiction. So, this is a DNF for me.
Beth Hudspeth
Reviewed by: Hello Beautiful Book Blog

Captures the essence of a small town Friday night. This book has the spirit of everything southern with real drama to keep you entertained.

I have a love/hate relationship with Abbi. Well, not really hate because I like her books, just maybe a love relationship with her and a hate relationship with Nan. (If you’ve read Forever Too Far in the Rosemary Beach series, you know what I’m talking about) Anyway. I appreciate the books about southern characters, but
Angela
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Until Friday Night is Abbi Glines newest release, so this makes like what her 50th book or something insane like that?? It's also the first Ya book I've ever read by her. I didn't even know she wrote Ya. Anyways, when I read what this book was about all I could think of was how sweet it sounded. Then the reviews started pouring in on Goodreads and all of them were either one star/listed as DNF or five stars/listed as a favorite. This is ultimately why I decided to pick this up. I wanted to read ...more
Michelle
Omg I was a bit of a mess readin this

Maggie as been through so much the last 2 yrs an she is still deal with what happened she is know livin with her auntie an uncle an her cousin Brady she is goin 2 start a new school an try an stick 2 herself like alway the only thing that can make this hard is that she doesn't talk she as lived with people sayin things about her but she doesn't care she as 2 protect herself
Brady is nice 2 her but his mum Maggie's auntie wants him 2 look out 4 her Brady is
thebookbitch
4.5 STARS!

Abbi Glines can never do any wrong for me. I was pleasantly surprised by this book since she's known for writing New Adult books but this transition to YA was perfect. The relationship between West and Maggie was really cute, I loved how she helped him heal and he helped her. However, I also loved how Maggie called out West on him being controlling as authors and publishers like to skip it in their books when it is something that sadly happens.

I wouldn't say this book was the best YA
Sabrina
Re-read 7/31/16

3.5 'Painful' Stars

Maggie moves in with her Aunt and Uncle after a tragic event leads her to being all alone in the world. Their son Brady is her age so her aunt makes him take care of Maggie and take her around with him. Really though, Maggie would rather be alone and not around people that don't understand her. She hasn't talked to anyone since that terrible night and she has no desire to. But then she meets West...

West is going through hell and he's all alone. He doesn't want
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
OMG I'm so lucky :D I got an arc from Edelweiss :D I'm so excited to read this book :D

Shannon Moore
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhh this guys! This is why I love YA! <3
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
When there's a new Abbi Glines book, I always look forward to it because it's quick to read and they cure my reading slumps. This one is more of an okay-ish book to me. I'm not really a fan of Maggie and West as main characters. They just fell flat to me and the other characters are a bunch of assholes.

The only thing I liked here was Brady. Though at first I find him rude, he just have a different approach of being protective. I might or might not continue this series... we'll see.
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

I LOVED IT! I wasn't expecting to love it. Because I don't like too young YA books - but this one was sooo adorable, and not too young. I cried ALL THROUGH THE BOOK!!!!

description

If I had to say something negative, it would be that there wasn't much happening in this story. Just two grieving people helping each other - a bit of high-school-drama - but I loved it. It was really moving and lots of FEELS ☺ Perfect

Now I can't wait for book #2 - Gunner ☺

description description description description

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email
Kylie
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Until Friday Night is a dual perspective book, following West Ashby and Maggie Carlton, two people who have been through more sadness than most teenagers have to go through.
West's father has cancer and he is trying to find ways to cope with his football loving hero dying right before his eyes. He was raised to be a gentleman but gets that mixed along the string of girls who he hooks up with just to relieve his pain.
Maggie witnessed her father murder her mother and has gone mute so she won't have
Cassie
Oct 29, 2014 marked it as to-read
Does anyone HOPE TO GOD this series is about the last 2 words in the Sea Breeze series.

I mean you have:
High school
Football
Southern
Pick up trucks
And 2 words from her last book

I vote YES PLEASE! :)
AleJandra
No reseñare este libro, ni lo comentare mucho.
Solo diré que es mi favorito de Abbi Glines (y ya he leído mas de 12 libros de ella, así que ya es mucho decir).

Me enamoro, y me removió muchos sentimientos.

Además de ser súper adictivo como los demás libros de Abbi.
Kels
This was my first Abbi Glines book, and it was such a huge disappointment. I almost feel bad for how much I dislike it, because I'll admit: she has a simplistic charm in her writing that made this an easy, quick read. But as far content goes, I'll pass.

Abbi Glines is certainly a gifted and talented writer. Her words aren't striking, poetic, witty, or powerful, but they are compelling all the same. Her prose has such a fluid and easy flow, slightly reminiscent of Coho's writing style, that doesn
  • Finding Willow (Freedom, #0.5)
  • Inspiring You (Unraveling You, #4)
  • Normal (Something More, #1)
  • Damaged Goods (The Outsider Chronicles, #2)
  • Black Diamond (Stark Springs Academy #1)
  • Secret Life (RVHS Secrets #2)
  • Scorched (Frigid, #2)
  • Walk the Edge (Thunder Road, #2)
  • Waiting on the Sidelines (Waiting on the Sidelines, #1)
  • Stupid Love (Stupid in Love, #3)
  • Recitatif/To Room Nineteen
  • Devious Minds (Devious Minds, #1)
  • A Kiss Like This (Kiss and Make Up #3)
  • The Girl's Got Secrets (Forbidden Men, #7)
  • Changing Everything (Forgiving Lies, #2.5)
  • Sweet Rome (Sweet Home, #1.5)
  • No One Like You (Barefoot William Beach, #4)
  • Caught (Heart On, #1)
Abbi Glines is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Rosemary Beach, Sea Breeze, Vincent Boys, Field Party and Existence series. She never cooks unless baking during the Christmas holiday counts. She believes in ghosts and has a habit of asking people if their house is haunted before she goes in it. She drinks afternoon tea because she wants to be Britis ...more

The Field Party (4 books)
  • Under the Lights (The Field Party, #2)
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
  • Losing the Field (The Field Party, #4)
“Boys don’t always make the right decisions. It takes years before they become men and wise up.” 27 likes
“Keeping quiet is how I survived.” 22 likes