Start by marking “Empathy (Empathy, #1)” as Want to Read:

I am a contract killer
I don’t want to love
I don’t want to feel
I don’t want … EMPATHY.

They say some people are born with decreased activity in the front central lobe causing them a deficiency in empathy. Maybe that’s true about me but whether I was born this way or created in a moment of evil, empathy was something I didn’t
Published August 27th 2014 by Ker Dukey

To ask other readers questions about Empathy, please sign up.
Courtney {SmuttyBookLover} Feb. 2nd Desolate will be released…moreFeb. 2nd Desolate will be released ♥(less)

·  6,219 ratings  ·  1,028 reviews

Start your review of Empathy (Empathy, #1)
Christy
Aug 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Christy by: Jennifer Kyle
4-4.5 INSANE stars!

photo 748e7bdf-cbee-4ba2-8d3c-bc6fae4fa52b_zps52f6f619.jpg

If any book deserves a huge what in the actual fuck was that? after reading, it is this book. It was twisty, turny, and a crazy wild ride, but it was entertaining as hell! I was completely engaged the entire time I was reading. So much mystery, suspense and things happening that were completely unexpected. Empathy really threw me for a loop!

This story was about Melody and two brothers named Blake and Ryan. Melody’s a college student with supportive and caring parents. She
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
4.5 Cereus Stars

photo cereious_zpscjywgfgn.jpg

Blake is positive he is born with a dark space in his brain where his meant to hold his emotions. There is only one person he cares about and that's his younger brother Ryan.

Jennifer Kyle
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it

[image error]

Melody comes from a background of love and support from her adoring parents. She has known true love with her high school boyfriend and now has embarked on her college career where she is struggling to fit in.

Broody Ryan (bdsm obsessed) catches her eye in class. He’s dark and aloof yet she can’t resist him. Within a matter of time she then bumps into Blake who is a police detective (who also does contract kills on the side) and Ryan’s big brother. Here is where the story goes dark
Eda**
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites

** 5 ++ "born this way" STARS **

"Changing someone's life is a powerful thing. Watching people unravel, pushing them so far into my depravity, making them question if it's their own is an insatiable need. The only thing that drives me is possessing and destroying others inside and out, body and soul.

I want to strip them bare so they're empty like me."

F*CK.

That was something else, dude.

There's no way I can give you a summary of the story without spoiling it all for you, HELL, I can't even
warhawke
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Dark lovers
Genre: Dark Suspense
Type: Book 1 of 3 from Empathy series
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:

Damian Blake Braxton grew up in a traumatic childhood. He assumed parental position and protected his brother Ryan, making sure everything set for his future. He also protected the people as a police detective. But behind the hero persona, he was also the villain whose side job was contract killing, and his latest hit ended up in unnecessary complication.

Melody Masters was a college student from a happy
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
MY RATING STARS: Empathy by Ker Dukey

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review
~ THANK YOU ~

This review will also be without or with very little spoilers

My birth name is Damien "You're the devil's son," I go by Blake now, it's my middle name, chosen by the midwife who brought me back from the dead.

I DON'T HAVE FEELINGS LIKE MOST PEOPLE DO

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'M THE DEVIL'S SPAWN

I found this a wee bit all over the place confusing as all hell in the beginning but as soon as my
Brandi
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Brandi by: Jennifer Kyle
Shelves: dark-twisty
description

Well. That was... Crazy. Entertaining. Creepy. And somehow, funny....

He slaps her across the face with his dick. “I'm not here to fucking woo you! Fucking shut your mouth unless you're eating my cock.” LMAO :P

Melody's life has taken a turn, and the two current men in her life are the cause. While dealing with the aftermath of her parents' murders, she finds herself leaning on Blake and Ryan. But they are both a little off. Blake is a contract killer/police officer and his younger brother
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
3.5 Stars

I am rating this book 3 and a half purely for the entertainment factor. For me, it was a highly enjoyable and crazy read, if a bit OTT and full of plot-holes.

Melody is a college student, she is feeling lonely having fled the nest of her loving home but things change when one day she returns home to find her parents brutally murdered.

Ryan is the boy who is labelled a 'freak' that she takes upon herself to befriend and Blake is his big brother who she hates upon first sight due to his
Beverly
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Beverly by: Jennifer Kyle
4 Unexpected Stars

Everything changed for Blake when he witnessed his brother, Ryan, being attacked - he becomes a killer.

Melody, born into a life of privilege, is on her way home from college when her parents are brutally murdered. Nothing will ever be the same for Melody she has lost her only real family. She returns to school and become friends with Ryan, Blake’s brother.

Like most books that are recommended to me I go into them blind, and I am really glad I did. I wasn’t really sure what type
Jen
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an awesome read that takes you on so many twists and turns you won't know what exactly is going on until the very end!
Ker Dukey captures my attention again with "Empathy!" I can't wait to see what evil comes in book two!!!! And of course love too!!!!
Selene

There are loads of amazing reviews about this book already posted so I won't summarize, but this was a great story! The editing issues should've overshadowed my reading experience, but the writing style and captivating characters grabbed me--hook, line, and sinker! The dialogue became slightly cheesy at the end, but I loved these characters! En-joyed!
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-romance
3.5 STARS

“Where most people have activity, a hot area giving them feelings, emotions and enabling them to love, there are a rare few who have a cold spot, affecting their ability to feel emotions, empathy.”

Empathy is definitely a dark read. Gritty with some intense parts, this book is a great romantic psychological thriller.

Melody is a gorgeous college girl who has a beautiful, caring family. She doesn’t have any friends so when officially meets Ryan she is happy to have someone to talk.

Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

DNF @ 18%

My first encounter with this author was through her PRETTY STOLEN DOLLS book that she wrote with K. Webster. PRETTY STOLEN DOLLS was a Pretty Stupid Book, but since it was a joint effort, I wasn't sure who was to blame for the suck and figured, hey, it's been several years and maybe she's honed her craft and this is gonna be awesome.

Spoiler: Nope.

EMPATHY is about two psychotic brothers who - you guessed it - are lacking in
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Stay tuned for inappropriate use of Chapstick.

2.5 stars. Trigger warning : violent sex and murder.

With better editing, Empathy probably would have been a 3 star read. There was a good framework in place, but the need for clean-up killed the vibe. No pun intended.

...and I have to emphasize the word probably because I wrestled with how I regarded this book, as well as the series in general. It took me forever to read Empathy because I was frustrated with the amount of errors, as well as the fact
CC

Empathy delves into the lives of two brothers who believe they are predestined to be evil. Blake is the devilishly handsome older brother police detective. Ryan is the mysterious and aloof college student who is strikingly good-looking as well. Due to a gruesome accident years ago, their paths irrevocably change and ever since darkness pervades the their souls.

description

Melody is a college student who has a normal life until she suffers a terrible tragedy. The circumstance of this event brings Melody
Alessandra Torre
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was a standout for me, in a good way. It was different… the kind of different where the H is psychotic but that's okay because you kind of want him anyway. This author pushed boundaries, had smoking hot sex, and made it all work in the end and I really enjoyed it. I loved her writing, her style, and the storyline.

I'd recommend for anyone looking for a non-cookie-cutter romance!
Olga therebelreader
“When the sun sets, you can’t hold on to the dying light as the darkening shadow approaches. You either hide from it or become it. I can’t make excuses, you know them all anyway. I’m not a perfect person, not good enough for you by a long shot. I have done some horrible shit and witnessed evil in its truest form but you awoke a side of me I didn’t know existed anymore. You reassembled a part of me I thought disintegrated into dust.” - Blake

Prepare yourself to have your mind blown. The story is
D.H. Sidebottom
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay, where to start.
I'm going to begin with... HOLY SHIT BALLS!!!
What a god damn intense book, not only did it keep me flicking page after page after page, it scared the hell out of me lol. Blake... He's a definite alpha, everything we all love to read about... hot in the sack, vocal with what he wants and very dominant in the bedroom but Ryan, well Ryan is just the ultimate in sin and I bloomin' love him!!!
I'm in awe of Ker's writing skill. She entraps you and refuses to let you go, even at
Rag
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5-4.0 *fucked up* stars

photo image_zpsdb044528.jpg

Oh My God! just by finishing this book I am going insane. This book is just...a...I am speechless, I really don't know what to say.
This book had mystery, romance, madness, murder, condition,funny parts, and a whole package of *fucked up*.

photo image_zps2b8bb72f.jpg

Oh god, I couldn't stop laughing on the Christian grey part:) I laughed so hard that tears came.

"Oh my God. “It’s a red room, isn’t it?” His brow furrows. “It’s painted white.” I stand and he walks to his bedroom with me hot on
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃

Hero: 5/10
Humour: 1/10
Hotness: 4/10
Romance: 5/10
Extra book Details: Heroine, Hero & Bad guy POV; 1st person. Stand-alone. Approx 158 Kindle pages.

When Melody visits home after being in college, she discovers her parents dead and bloodied bodies. Swimming in grief and feeling alone, her friendship grows with her weird classmate Ryan. And her feelings grow for Blake, the asshole stranger she keeps on bumping into.

Blake has been
Vasiliki
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a book! This is what they call a mind-f*ck!

For most of the book, I thought I had everything figured out. I thought I understood the actions and the motives of the heroes. I couldn't be more wrong! Ms. Dukey built an amazing, mysterious, dark story from the prologue until the epilogue of this book. Please taking the warnings seriously! This is a dark, twisted story!

The book is written by 3 POV's (Blake's, Melody's and Ryan's). The plot is original, dark, twisted and intense. I started
☽ jodi bibliophile ♥
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-read
 photo 10801637_10154856706405473_923966911189627522_n.jpg

My review for Empathy

What the fuck did I read today??? If I could go back in time to when I one clicked this book I would have said to my past self 'Wow there bitch tits, are you sure you want to do that? I've seen the future you and she is not in a good way. I think you have totally fucked her up and made her want to attend church every Sunday for the rest of her life'.

I do not regret the choices I have made. I made a choice to one click this book, I was told it was a mind fuck....and I
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Twisted Sisters Book Reviews

PURE GOLD! UNPREDICTABLE! I LOOOVED EVERY WORD! A THRILLING RIDE THAT LEFT MY MIND SPINNING!

5 Puya STARS!!!!

I had no idea what to expect from this. I had no idea I would still be completely enamored with this story a day later. I had no idea Ker Dukey was such a AMAZING STORYTELLER! I devoured this in one sitting, this story grabbed me and didn't let go. My very first book by Ker Dukey. What in the HELL have I been missing?? The character development was spot on,
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a pretty dark read that featured some messed up people. Through it all, the h and H find love that seems to be strong enough to come out of all the bad. I didn't fully feel the connection between them, but I understood it at times (if that makes sense). They both had some heavy things going on that it was understandable that hey turned to each other and found comfort and even love. It was an unique storyline that I found engaging and interesting. I'm not sure if
Lindsey Melia
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ooooooooh holy hell!!!! Where do I even begin with this review? This is me now ................................. Yep reads like a great review right? LOL There is only so much I can say about this book as well without letting the cat outta the bag. But from the start I was hooked. Page one I.WAS.GULED. Sat and read it in one sitting. As I do with Kers books. Because lets face it THERE AMAZING!

Okay *Deeps breathes* Lets start with Melody. She's a fabulous looking young girl in college. Comes from
Amber Rose
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: standalones
 photo 2star_zpsb38ccb54.png

Shutters came down inside me, closing over the windows to my soul, changing me forever.

Sheldon gifs photo: sheldon sheldonsmile.gif

When a book has this type of warning it pulls me in right away.

WARNING: This book will mess with your mind. It is very dark, sexy, twisted romance.

Should be a no brainier for me right? Pretty much as everything I love about dark twisted books. Bring in some sexy and we are good to go. I love having my head fucked with in books.

But sadly this was sure not the case for me on this book. The first
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“My emotions are corrupted, have been since my life changed in a single night.
Some people are born predestined to become evil, to mark the world with their darkness. Some paint the world in techno color, I paint it in red; blood red.”
- Damian Blake

* * *
“I don’t want to be saved. I want to be covered in everything he is. I’m captivated by the soul of this inconsistent, confusing, mesmerising man who just showed me I can be saved. I can fix some parts of me that I thought were lost. I will never
AleJandra
4 Moonflower STARS

"She blossoms in the dark because I am the darkness and with me she blossoms. When we’re apart we’re just shadows, apparitions of souls that used to be there. "

description

Pop Sugar Reading Challenge 2016 A book with a blue cover.

Mi primer libro del 2016.

Este libro llego a mi por casualidad, lo empeze sin saber de que trata, y no puedo estar mas agradecida.

La historia es un poco bizarra y en algunos momentos apresurada, pero engancha y sorprende. Un libro corto que se lee rapido, esta
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

We all like to keep secrets and have dark corners in our minds that don't need anyone shining light on.

I've just finished "Empathy" and I look up to my husband with an expression on my face that he's learned to read so well over the last couple of years. He turns to the dog and says... "Oh dear, Momma's been f**ked over by a book again." Me... well I've lost the power of speech and cannot even
Katie
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 amazing stars!!!

I finished this book and my emotions somewhat resembled this:
description

SUCH a great book. May be one of my favorite books...ever. And THAT is saying something!

what I loved
-THE TWISTS IN THIS BOOK WERE AMAZING! I did NOT see them coming and OMG they really added to the amazingness of this book.
-The characters were great. Melody was a STRONG female character who I couldn't help but love! And Blake...omg Blake. Sexy and mysterious...just the way I like my book boyfriends. And Ryan- not
I might be crazy 11 113 Feb 23, 2015 02:55PM
BBBf- BEST BOOK B...: EMPATHY GROUP READ DISCUSSION 14 36 Sep 14, 2014 02:48AM
BBBf- BEST BOOK B...: This topic has been closed to new comments. UPCOMING GROUP READ 10 15 Sep 10, 2014 08:06PM

• Facade (Deception, #1)
  • Cadence (Deception, #2)
  • Roman (Roman, #1)
  • Cold Cole Heart
  • His  (Dark Romance, #1)
  • That Which Destroys Me
  • Dirty Ugly Toy
  • My Torin
  • This is War, Baby (War & Peace, #1)
  • Take Me with You
  • Deviant (Deviant, #1)
  • I Know What Love Is (I Know..., #1)
  • Sweet Jayne
  • Notice
  • The Decimation of Mae (Blue Butterfly #1)
  • Whispers and the Roars
  • Debt
  • Pride (The Elite Seven, #2)

Ker Dukey, Is based in the UK, where she lives with her husband and small children and also their beloved Goldendoodle, Murphy (who has yet to discover he isn't, in fact, a human)

When she's not lost in the world of her characters or being Mum, Ker likes to read and catch up with her followers on social media.

My books all tend to be darker romance, an edge of your seat, angst-filled reads. My

Empathy (3 books)
  • Desolate (Empathy, #2)
  • Deadly (Empathy, #3)
“She is so feisty I can’t decide if I want to squeeze her throat and watch her eyes gloss over with tears, or rip her tiny shorts off and bury my dick inside her, making her scream, making her so fucking dirty she’ll never get clean.” 13 likes
“They say some people are born with decreased activity in the brain; a cold spot in the front central lobe. Where most people have activity, a hot area giving them feelings, emotions and enabling them to love, there are a rare few who have a cold spot, affecting their ability to feel emotions, empathy. There are theories that serial killers have this cold spot. Psychopaths. That’s why they lack the ability to connect, to care.” 10 likes