Start by marking “Blood & Thunder (THIRDS, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood & Thunder (THIRDS, #2)

Blood & Thunder

(THIRDS #2)

When a series of bombs go off in a Therian youth center, injuring members of THIRDS Team Destructive Delta, and causing a rift between agents Dexter J. Daley and Sloane Brodie, peace seems unattainable. Especially when a new and frightening group, the Order of Adrasteia, appears to always be a step ahead. With panic and intolerance spreading and streets becoming littered w ...more
Published August 4th 2014 by Dreamspinner Press (first published August 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Blood & Thunder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood & Thunder

Start your review of Blood & Thunder (THIRDS, #2)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

This book is the emo, brooding version of the bad-ass shifter world seen in Hell & High Water. Good thing I like angst and pouting, needy men! Rawr!

"Blood & Thunder" continues the story of Dex and Sloane as they try to battle the wacked-in-the-head Issac. *Cue evil-sounding "Bwa-ha-ha-haaaa"*

While there is a good amount of action in this book, the main focus of the plot is the relationship between Dex and Sloane. There is a ton of drama in this one. A ton. Most of the angst comes from
Susan
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Re-read February 2019
I love this series.

---------------------------------
Awesome awesome awesome!

Dex

description

We got some awesome sexy times. And Dex was hilarious as always. Especially on karaoke night..

description

And I loved the way Dex and Sloane got closer. Although Sloane was a bit of a stubborn ass at times. But there were some tender moments that were totally worth it.

More Dex and Sloane please!!
Fabi
I couldn't leave the house this morning until I finished this 2nd book. I'm officially hooked on this series and so excited I have so many more books ahead of me to enjoy.

I just can't figure it out. Where was I when this awesome series first released? Why has it taken me so long to finally read it. I wish I had a "tbr hammer to the head" buddy who would hound me if I was putting off one of these gems. ---currently accepting applications--- ;-)
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Second re-read: 04.03.2020
I'm only re-reading Sloane and Dex's scenes and skimming/skipping the rest of it (the information and such as I already know them). Why you ask? I'm struggling with focusing and I'm kinda taking it out on the book. Not fair, I know...
New Rating: 3 stars.

Re-read: 08.06.2019
This series is actually good. It kinda had it all; friendships, family, action, sexy times, depth, funny scenes, great characters and good chemistry. It's strange how I don't love it more than
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.5-4 Stars

I like it long time.

Give me more.

Diana
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I absolutely loved this one. Sloane was a bad ass, and Dex was just a lot of fun. Then again, how could you not love a guy who loves Journey!
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5--Singing--Stars!!

I think I loved this one even more than the last one.....but I still feel like it leans more heavily on the suspense side vs the romance side!

But I LOVE all of the supporting characters, they more than make up for it....and the storyline is exciting and different!

I was expecting a ton of.....

But surprisingly, it wasn't near as angsty as i thought it would be. Or maybe it was just the kind of angst I could handle....not juvenile and annoying!

I was hoping for a bit more...

Th
Wendy
Re-read again 10/12/19

OMG, these books are the shit !! I loved every single page. I'm so glad I listened to my Goodreads friends and took a chance.

Dex and Sloane are awesome and all the side-characters are amazing as well. The storyline is interesting...there is tons of action and suspense..the sexual tension is palpable and I pissed myself laughing.

In other words, it had everything I love in a book. Of course, I started the next one right after I read this one. Seriously one of the best serie
Jilly
You know how some people hate the word "moist"?
The first biggest problem I had with this book was that the word "lover" was used on every other page. "Lover" is my "moist." I feel literal ick feelings inside when someone calls their S.O. that. It reminds me of that SNL skit where the creepy old hippy couple keep calling each other that.

*visible shuddering*

Yeah. That sucked all of the hotness from this book for me.

The other thing I didn't like was that our couple from the first book was in compl
Sonia ~Ruber's fiancé in Crystal Court universe~
I absolutely ADORED "Blood & Thunder"!!!!

I just want to squeeze this book in my arms and never let it go!

Everything was perfect!!

And Dex?

There's too much in my head to be able to write anything coherent!! (My mind is like: I loved that, and that, and that, and that and I'll just end up copy-paste-ing the whole book and that would be taking the spoiler thing too far.)

Can't wait for the next one! When is that exactly? Tomorrow?(asks with the heart in her eyes)
Barbara➰
Reread May 2020

These two are still going to be the death of me. Love this series.

Reread June 2019

I do love this series. #teamdex

Originally read August 2018

Oh man...I've said before dead exes are not my thing and in the beginning of this one I was ready to throw in the towel. Sloane pissed me off royally. Now, I'm not unsympathetic to his grief but when I love a character like Dex and someone like Sloane hurts him I want to get out my rusty knives. Hmmmm....reminds me of another hero *cough* Sam-
Nazanin
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, m-m
4.25 Stars

The story was as good as book 1 but still, I didn’t like Slone! Well, I don’t know exactly why! Maybe because I think he loves Gabe more than Dex!! I know he likes Dex it just I can’t feel it! And I’m really tired of him pushing Dex away! It’s not fair to Dex and Dex is too forgivable in this case! But still, I loved it! I liked the banter, the actions, their attractions! In book 1 I was intrigued to know more about Ash & Cael but in this one, I was intrigued to know about Calvin & Hob
Dia
I LOVE THIS SERIES! It's addictive!!!

I've read on my way to work. I've read at work. I couldn't put it down! Loved it!!!

On to book #3! Right about NOW!
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
~ ~ ~

Dex is more Dex.
Ash is more Ash.
Sloane is just fucked up.
Oh, and Cash!

Charlie Cochet is a trickster! She's lured me into this world with gifts of humor and charming characters, and then she's waylaid me with unexpected anguish. In other words, I love it!

THE CHARACTERS

Sloane could see Dex going into "detective mode" every time he opened a file. It made him once again question whether Dex would be happier in Recon.

Sloane Brodie - As Team Leader, Sloane has to keep everyone safe, b
Dalia

It's been eight months since Dex joined the THIRDS and four months since he became Sloane's lover. It turned out he's exactly what the team needed. He showed them it was okay to keep on living without their fallen teammate and he slowly started to earn their trust.

Sloane is strugling with his past and moving on from Gabe. He won't talk to Dex about his feelings and it hurts his partner. Still, Dex is patient, he gives Sloane time and doesn't ask any more of him.

Besides relationship and character
Charlie Cochet
Jun 17, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-own-books
Hello all! Are you a THIRDS Nerd? Join the THIRDS Nerds on Goodreads! A private, 18+ group for the THIRDS world where you can chat, flail, post pictures of the guys, Cheesy Doodles, gifs, playlists, you name it. Join us here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/... ...more
Bev
I love Dex so hard ..... All the stars for that man but Sloan? Ugh he's driving me bat shit crazy. Cochet seriously needs to do an urgent head out of arse extraction on that bloke before I kill my shiny new kindle DEAD

Tina
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Wow, Blood & Thunder was as freaking awesome as Hell & High Water!

Dex and Sloane and the whole gang kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book... I soooo can't wait for the next instalment.
Deborah
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5*

I was in two minds about continuing on with this series. But I’m glad I did.
These boys have won me over and it’s straight onto the next book for me.
Britta ★ Nachteule ★
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: THIRDS Nerds
Recommended to Britta ★ Nachteule ★ by: Hell & High Water
You know the feeling you want to share your love for a book but you can't find the right words for it? That's how I feel about Blood & Thunder!

"Man, this team is incestuous."

While Hell & High Water did a great job to introduce us to the THIRDS and their world, Blood & Thunder is an awesome sequel which shows us more of the relationships within Destructive Delta and of cause the development between Sloane and Dex.

I adored Dex as much as in Hell & High Water with all his quirks and his smart m
Marte - Thunderella
**** 4 Dexter stars ****

Second installment in the THRIDS series!
Check out my rather *cough* extensive review of #1 Hell & High Water here. ;)

Actually, I could copy-paste most of that review here, because just like the first book this book is entirely Dexter too. He is no less awesome than in the first.

"Damn, he was cute. Pale blue eyes shifted up and Dex cocked his head to one side, that brilliant smile stealing Sloane's breath away."

I loved seeing further development between Sloane and D
Janie
I still adore Dex even though he’s a doormat when it comes to Sloane. I get that Sloane had a tough past but he treats Dex like shit for pretty much the entirety of this book. My stars are for Dex and his sense of humor along with a good storyline and the action scenes.
Melanie A.
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 STARS!
Now, more than ever, he wanted this.
Loved it! And yes, if you were wondering, my illicit affair with Agent Dexter J Daley is now in full-swing! He's still hanging out at the top of my all-time best book boyfriends list.

This installment was so funny! I laughed my butt off. :D

But it also had its fair share of serious and poignant moments as Dex tries to move his relationship with Sloane forward and Sloane resists.
Nothing short of the Jaws of Life could get the guy to
Cristina T.
First read: March 2015
Reread: February 2016 – BR with Trisha

~~~~~

I've been staring at the edit review page for a while, telling myself that starting with WOW would not be an option. But to hell with it. Holy shit, this book!!! WOW!!! I simply ADORED it!!!

The first book of the series was fantastic–my review is proof enough of how much I loved it–but Blood & Thunder was even better than Hell & High Water!

While Hell & High Water was all about world building, this installment focuses on character d
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
So, this was a snarky, non-stop, hot, sweet, nail-biting ride of a read. If I wasn't invested after reading Hell & High Water (and I ain't foolin' nob'dy, I was), then I sure as hell am now.

There was a lot of character-building in the first book. That means that, in this book, that foundation is used heavily and well, not wasting precious time in rehashing anything. Full speed ahead, YO.

I really like that some of the mystery was kept under wraps until towards the very end. Conversely, there is a
Macky
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

SINFULLY SEXY MONIQUE & MACKY JOINT REVIEW

Monique: After the end of Hell & High Water the status quo between the humans and the Therians is sent into chaos… with THIRDS right smack, bang in the middle of the mayhem. This second book in the series takes us to another level where the secrets of the past threaten the future, not only for the Human and Therian citizens, but also for our two main characters Sloane and Dex, and the Destructive Alpha team as a whole.

We previously met Isaa
Ami

Hmmmm ... This book definitely didn’t go where I wanted it to. While it wasn’t bad, this sequel let me down a bit.

Book 1 entertained me with the promise of an action-oriented plot, close-knit buddy everyday life, and the promise of romance along with amusing characters. With how book 1 ended, I envisaged book 2 to be more action-driven, where the threats were escalating, maybe more explosions, more crazy twists from the villains that could make me bite my nails while on the edge of my s
Elsbeth
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OK meet my new favorite series!!!

My “cheeky” Dex

description

He is such a fun, loving guy!!

description

This book carries on where book 1 ends. Dex, Sloane and the rest of the teame are determined to put “the Order” down and to restore the peace between humans and Therians.

description

There are quite some smexy times for Dex and Sloane. I loved it how they were coming closer....

Sloane is scared his secret of his younger years comes out and that Dex will hate him.

I want more Dex and Sloane now!!

Isabel
What a fabulous ride! In this second book of THIRDS series, we can see, once again, Destructive Delta in action, with Dex as a dear and crucial member of the team! Most importantly, though, we can see how Dex and Sloane are stronger together, how their relationship is becoming so amazing, so spectacular... Dex, always true to himself, always funny and wit, captivates Sloane more than ever! Sloane feels more and more connected to his partner and lover! He's also scared of his feelings! They are f ...more
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

If you enjoyed the first book, then this sequel will not disappoint. Sloane, Dex and the rest of their crew continue to try and find Isaac, now the mastermind behind the human hate group against shifters (aka Therians). As they navigate clues and evidence, these two MC's also try to manage their secret relationship.

Sloane is frustrating but understandably commitment phobic. Dex, the crazy jokester tries to play it cool, when it really just hurts his feelings. These two may not know if t

• How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)
  • Fit to be Tied (Marshals, #2)
  • Catch a Ghost (Hell or High Water, #1)
  • Tied Up in Knots (Marshals, #3)
  • Strength of the Pack (The Tameness of the Wolf, #1)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • Happy Endings (Demon Magic #1)
  • In the Wreckage (Metahuman Files, #1)
  • Familiar Beginnings (Demon Magic, #2)
  • Nothing Special (Nothing Special, #1)
  • Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
  • Five Minutes Longer (Enhanced World, #1)
  • The Hitman's Guide to Staying Alive Despite Past Mistakes (The Hitman's Guide #2)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • Divide & Conquer (Cut & Run, #4)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
Charlie Cochet is the international bestselling author of the THIRDS series. Born in Cuba and raised in the US, Charlie enjoys the best of both worlds, from her daily Cuban latte to her passion for classic rock.

Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found devouring a book, re

THIRDS (10 books)
  • Hell & High Water (THIRDS #1)
  • Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, #3)
  • Rise & Fall (THIRDS #4)
  • Against the Grain (THIRDS, #5)
  • Catch a Tiger by the Tail (THIRDS, #6)
  • Smoke & Mirrors (THIRDS, #7)
  • Thick & Thin (THIRDS, #8)
  • Darkest Hour Before Dawn (THIRDS, #9)
  • Tried & True (THIRDS #10)