Start by marking “Temptation (Nashville Nights, #1)” as Want to Read:
Temptation (Nashville Nights, #1)

Temptation (Nashville Nights #1)

She needs to be good.

Five years ago, Kit Landry was homeless and alone at sixteen. Determined to ditch her crappy life, she moved to Nashville with only $200, her guitar, and a notebook full of songs. She hit it big as America’s country sweetheart, but a year of living like a rock star plus a stint in rehab has killed any good will she had with her label. The suits have or
Published August 5th 2014 by Burning Up the Sheets, LLC (first published July 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temptation

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Bad Boy Firefighter meets Country Singer Stars

"You're no angel," I whispered.
"I'm glad you finally figured it out."

I have yet to read a Robin Covington book I didn't enjoy, and Temptation was no exception. Steamy, a little angsty, entertaining and satisfying; it was the perfect NA contemporary read.

Kit Landry is America's country sweetheart.
The guitar was more important to me than any lover,
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4 Tempting Star****

photo 8CEE4131-EB40-4A02-ADA0-B2BF9C37C882_zpsnlaqtjts.jpg

My My MY I have never read a Robin Covington book before, where the HELL have I been? this book is all kinds of sexy with lots of chemistry and a good ole enjoyable heart felt moments in.

So what's it about

Kit Landry is the young country star, she's had fame and is your Country Britney Spears in a word, she got a good voice, and works hard but she has also been in the papers for her drinking problems, sex with men and over all spiralling out of control, which in turn has put
Jessi
description

Kit
Famous Country Star,the Sweetheart of Country Music. Lives her life in the spot light for everyone to see. She has had a rough past, she was homeless and fought her way up though the rafters to be a singer. She is on the verge of losing her contract due to her stent in rehab. Kit has a depressive disorder and has to try hard to keep her head above the water and put on the "mask" that her label wants her to act like, even though she is not being true to herself.

Max
Hello sexy firefighter!!

Max
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
Kit Landry is America’s country sweetheart. But after a painful break-up with her ex-boyfriend she was only interested in partying, drinking and men. And that led her straight into rehab.

She cost her label a lot of money and now she has to make up for her wild behavior. Her label requires her to be a good girl. But there is Max and Max wants her (rather) bad.

Max Butler is a firefighter from Nashville. He avoids serious relationships. But he enjoys women, drinking and fighting.

He would never hav
Jonetta
Kit Landry is a 21-year old country music star working hard to resuscitate her career following a personal meltdown and stint in rehab. Max Butler is the firefighter who rescues her when she's trapped in her record company's studio fire. To say they have an immediate connection is an understatement.

I enjoyed the story and liked that Kit was the celebrity, young but very mature in a lot of ways. However, both she and Max were very emotionally immature and their actions reflected as much. The fre
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
3 Stars

ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for a review.

Kit Landry is America's Country sweetheart, or at least she was until 1,5 years ago when the shit hit the fan and she landed herself in rehab. Now she must strive to be a good girl in order to rebuild her image. No hard partying, no scandals, no bed hopping with the wrong guys. Kit is fine with that, she works too hard and she doesn't need to borrow trouble, until she meets Max and every hormone in her body goes into overdrive.

Max Butl
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Fame, love, family, press, music.

I wish I'd known about this book sooner, as I freaking loved it. The moment I finished it I went and bought the second one, despite having been sent a review copy of it. BECAUSE IT WAS THAT AWESOME. And I have the third pre-ordered.

You know when you just get sucked right into a book? You're so wrapped up in the storyline that you can't take your eyes off the page? Can't put it down? Go over on your break at work because of this and get into trouble from
Jul 05, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you cross the tv show Chicago Fire with the TV show Nashville, you get Robin Covington's brand new book Temptation.

The characters of kit and max were explosive and tempting. The characters we're both struggling with in their own lives to get through their day to day. Being burned out with her singing career and max being a hot head in the fire department. Their chance meeting set off a string of events for the two. Their constant push pull was electrifying.
I highly recommend
Lily
Jul 11, 2014 Lily rated it really liked it
Kit has grown up in one of the hardest environments with a lot of loss and heartbreak. Signed at a tender age she has lived her young adult life in the spot light as one of the most recognized country music stars. She longs and craves for something real, someone real. After a disastrous year she has vowed to work hard and more importantly play the part of the good girl like everyone expects until she meets Max. He is the one thing that can help her forget her troubles and pain and after he saves ...more
Kathleen

Romance Rating ~ 4 Stars
Heat Level ~ 4 Stars
Ending ~ 4.5 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 4.5 Stars

Do you ever read a book that has you smiling while reading it? Well that is exactly what Temptation by Robin Covington had me doing. I thought the beginning of this story did its job and hooked me in BIG TIME!

I loved reading how Kit, a country music star, gets hooked up with Max, the sexy fireman. Neit
Jan Meredith
Jun 20, 2014 Jan Meredith rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! You're going to see the story broken down in many reviews, so I'm going to skip that and tell you why I enjoyed it.

First of all, I love a bad boy with a heart of gold. Sure, Max gets into the occasional fight, drinks and chases tail--sometimes the wrong tail that gets him into trouble with a higher-up at the station--and we love him for it--but this hunky firefighter has a heart of pure gold. Second, the author has given us Kit, a young country singer who has fallen victim to
I'm a huge fan of Robin Covington's adult contemporary romances so when I found out she was writing her first NA story and it was about a female country singer and a hot bad boy fireman I couldn't wait to read it. There is definitely a big trend for musicians in NA romances right now, it's obviously a big seller and I've read some really good stories but most of the time it's the guy who is a member of the hot rock band and the girl who is someone from out of the public eye so it made a nice cha ...more
Anne OK
Aug 08, 2014 Anne OK rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads

Nashville music and heat – a sexy red-hot bad boy/fireman – and country music’s latest tainted sweetheart. What’s not to like? And it’s definitely enough temptation for me to hit one-click and start reading.

Both Kit Landry and Max Butler carry a bag load of angst – one a little more than the other. Their first encounter is literally fiery. Both are strong-willed and definitely have no desire for a permanent commitment. But the chemistry between them is strong and can't be denied. A short-term ar
T's Book ~ Tanja
Jul 12, 2014 T's Book ~ Tanja rated it really liked it
I can’t express to you enough the amount of surprise I had upon finishing Temptation. I went in cold. I didn’t read much other than the write up. No author info, no previous book ratings, nothing. What did I find? Magic.

From page one, sentence one, you are invested. “I was going to die in a bathroom. Just like Elvis.” Even in her terror the humor is strong. Kit the recently reformed and rehabbed rocker is trying to change her life. Only a fire in the recording studio is about to end it. Enter i
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books)
Some of the best things in life are the ones you don't see coming...
This was my first Robin Covington read and I was convinced, she has a new fan. It was the country music artist theme that drew my attention to this book and convinced me to try it. I'm so glad that I did. I LOVED it! There are many things that I loved...the sexy firefighter, Max, with his 'White Knight Syndrome'...the sexy firefighter, Max, that "If he ever gave up firefighting, he could do phone sex...the sexy firefighter, Max
Katie
ARC received via NetGalley

I really enjoyed this book. It was a sweet romance. I liked that it dived straight into their story with Max saving Kit from a fire, and from then it was their relationship developing-there wasn't any wasted bits leading up to them meeting but got to the point straight away. The characters, I thought, were very likeable. The book was very easy to read and I liked the authors style of writing, would like to read more of their work.
Sunny
Jul 08, 2014 Sunny rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-contemporary
Robin Covington brings us a sensual story about the relationship between a famous star and her every-man guy. Ms. Covington gives a nod to the movie Notting Hill (although this situation also certain applies to Julia Roberts’ real life as well) in sharing the need for people of fame to find people to ground them. “He made me feel normal and this was unfamiliar territory for me. I was both thrilled and terrified.” Kit Landry is a county singer superstar who is bouncing back after an almost career ...more
Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
This is an all consuming and heated story that swept me away. The searing heat between Max and Kit was like a live wire, ready to spark at a moments notice. What starts as casual quickly spreads like wildfire, catching them both off guard and running for cover.

Max is a fuck ’em and leave ’em kind of guy. He makes sure that the girls know the score and every time he jumps into bed he knows that there’s an expiration date attached. Notwithstanding his flippant and unapologetic promiscuity, he’s ac
Pat
Jul 07, 2014 Pat rated it it was amazing

This novel starts with heart stopping terror. Kit Landry, country singing superstar was trapped in a burning building alone, and losing hope. She did all the things she remembered from grade school, staying low, wet towels over her face, she had reached a fire door, it was locked. Images passed before her eyes, not of her past life, but the one she wished she had lived. Married, children, a lovely home; even a mini-van! Suddenly, there is a firefighter shoving an oxygen mask over her face, whisp
Maureen Nicholson
Jan 27, 2015 Maureen Nicholson rated it really liked it
4 Steamy Stars. Told from dual POV's this was one sexy romance. The heroine, "Kit" is a country singer. She is funny, sarcastic, sweet, strong, vulnerable and tender.
She also has secrets from her past that she's forced to keep under wraps due to a contract with her label. Kit had a very public fall from grace after a break-up with her ex, that left her on shaky ground with her record label so she has to be a good girl now for the public.

Max, the hero, is a firefighter. He is a sexy alpha that
Robin Covington
Jun 17, 2014 Robin Covington added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
"Fresh and fun- I enjoyed every second of this tempting read!" -New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Cora Carmack

"Meet your new book boyfriend. Protective, strong and multi-layered, Max Butler delivers. This book will sweep you off your feet. Right into the arms of a sexy fireman." Tessa Bailey, NYT and USAToday Bestselling Author.
Danielle ⚾️ (Danielle's Escape)
*4.5 Super Stars*

HOT! HOT! HOT!

When reading this book I kept seeing a series of Nashville playing in my head. I love that show so I knew this book was going to be good.

I was fortunate to receive this book from Netgalley. This was my first read from this Author and it will not be my last The writing style and played out scenes made you feel like you were there in the story I could not flip the pages fast enough.

You have some serious eyecandy to see in your imagination A Firefighter! Hot Damn yo
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 STARS

So, anyone that knows me will totally agree with the following statement …. I am addicted to baseball, country music and firefighters … hell, I married one and am raising one! So, write a story about both of these combined and you definitely have me as a reader. Have the author be Robin Covington and and this reviewer is extremely happy.
The story starts with a fire, a country music star trapped in the building and the “angel” that save
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
Well I have to say once I was fully seated into Robin's writing style I really enjoyed this book. Being very honest Temptation is a smidge on the wordy side, but I honestly will not slate the book for that at all because the whole bigger picture made this an enjoyable read.

It's quite strange because on the one had I want to say this is a fairly hot read but also on the other hand I want to say it's a sweet romance read too.

Both lead characters are easy to engage with, I liked Kit's whole personn
Rachel
Jun 17, 2014 Rachel added it
AMAZING !!!!!

Let me start with saying that I loved this book.

When I finished it the first time, yes I have read it twice since I got my grubby hands on it, I fought the urge to pick it up and read it again. When I re-read it, I loved it even more and fell for the main characters of Kit and Max just that little bit more.

When a book starts with a memorable line you know it’s going to be good, “I was going to die in a bathroom. Just like Elvis”. This how we meet Kit and soon after Max. I knew form
Nicola
Jul 10, 2014 Nicola rated it it was amazing
"For as long as I remembered, I'd wanted to belong to someone..."

"No strings. A little fun between consenting adults. It was all I could offer. Ever"

Kit Landry and Max Butler; Celebrity musician and Firefighter. Their lifestyles couldn't be more different but when Max rescues Kit from a blazing building, their worlds and their hearts collide, bringing a love-story filled highs and lows. Robin Covington keeps her record unblemished, because this lady never lets her readers down.

description

Kit and Max were
Anna Richland
Jul 26, 2014 Anna Richland rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
So perhaps I was inspired by the 'live blogging' of the Romance Writers of America Awards tonight, but I keep feeling like I want to write about this book as I read, and since I don't use twitter, I just keep updating the review ...

Going back and forth between first person POV of heroine AND hero both is working for me, even though I'm not usually a first person POV reader. The book opened with a great scene (not a spoiler to say heroine is caught in a fire at her recording studio) so there was
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 ROCKIN' STARS!

I really liked this book. It was sweet, funny, hot, sexy, and really unique. I loved the celebrity reversal where our heroine is the big name. This book captivated me from the very first page and I read this book in one sitting. This is not your typical romance.

This is the story of Kit and Max. Max is a firefighter. Kit is a singer who happens to be famous. After saving her from a fire, Max feels a connection to Kit. Yes, she is his celebrity crush and he doesn't do relationship
Carla Krissinger
Jul 14, 2014 Carla Krissinger rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book as a gift from the author. Thank you Robin!!

I have read everything that Robin Covington has written...well published! I think this is her best work yet.

The story of two young people finding their way in life. He's a firefighter struggling to work up the ranks, she is a big time country star struggling to get back on her game. Both have lived through some of the most trying times and for their young ages, both have done extremely well, in my opinion.

Finding each o
Yanilsa Griffin~BFD Bookblog
Advanced reader's copy provided by netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Kit and Max's story starts off really strong. I loved how they meet and I love their characters. I enjoyed the firefighter angle, as I haven't come across one before. This is also my first novel featuring a country singer. The character's relationship progresses at a good pace, is well developed and realistic. The sex scenes are fun and not cheesy, which I appreciated.
The Ron angle of the story seemed a little rushed
  • Dial M for Menage
  • Kick (Completion, #3)
  • A Shot of Red
  • Encore (The Replacement Guitarist #4)
  • Access Unlimited (Access, #3)
  • Bound for Salvation (The Bound Trilogy #2)
  • Perfect Storm (His to Possess, #3)
  • What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
  • Resurrecting Phoenix
  • Claiming Her Warriors (Lumineta, #2)
  • Ripping Pages
  • Cowboy Behind the Badge (Sweetwater Ranch, #2)
  • Christmas in the Billionaire's Bed (Kavanaghs of Silver Glen, #3)
  • Safety In Numbers (Sizzling Miami #5)
  • Breathe You In
  • One Wild Ride (Lords of Mayhem #2)
  • Forever Your Concierge (Concierge, #2)
  • Zenith Falling (Zenith Trilogy, #1)
A USAToday bestseller, Robin Covington loves to explore the theme of fooling around and falling in love in her books. Her stories burn up the sheets. . .one page at a time. When she's not writing she's collecting tasty man candy, indulging in a little comic book geek love, hoarding red nail polish and stalking Chris Evans.

A 2016 RITA® Award nominee, Robin's books have won the Golden Leaf Award and
More about Robin Covington...

Nashville Nights (3 books)
  • Salvation (Nashville Nights, #2)
  • Redemption (Nashville Nights, #3)

“I had thought the fire was dangerous, but I was wrong. Max was the thing I needed to worry about. “You’re no angel,” I whispered. “I’m glad you finally figured it out.” 0 likes