Start by marking “500 Tangled Artworks: A Showcase of Inspired Illustrated Designs” as Want to Read:
500 Tangled Artworks: A Showcase of Inspired Illustrated Designs

500 Tangled Artworks: A Showcase of Inspired Illustrated Designs

Become inspired by this vast collection of meditative drawing tiles known as tangles! 500 Tangled Art Works, curated by Beckah Krahula, author of the bestselling book, One Zentangle a Day, is the first book to feature a large and wide-ranging collection of exciting, beautiful, and experimental drawings. Tangles, a one to four stroke repetitive pattern used in a meditative art form called Ze ...more
Published February 15th 2015 by Quarry Books (first published February 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about 500 Tangled Artworks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 500 Tangled Artworks

Samantha McGuire (Mirror Bridge Books)
Amazing Showcase of Beautiful Zentangle Art! Full of pattern ideas! I love this book!
Emma Bond
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
I am always disappointed when books about art are printed on poor quality paper which affect it's basic presentation. Whilst this book is full of interesting artworks it is let down a lot by the poor quality of the paper and the printing. With better paper/printing I would recommend it to others and give it an extra star, but not in it's current form. Disappointing, especially for the price.
Lucie Paris
Feb 18, 2015 rated it liked it
To be honest, after reading and flipping the pages, I still don't know the difference between a Zentangle and a Mandala. :-(
It's a little bit obscure and this book hasn't helped me to discover the truth behind these doodles used for meditation.
They both look alike, when in a spheric form. They use abstract drawings in repetitive strokes. They help you both to focus and increase your creativity.

Probably not the point, because the book is essentially composed of pictures of
Liz
Oct 28, 2015 rated it liked it
This heavily illustrated work of numerous photographed drawings was lovely to look at, though some of the descriptions were lacking. Some of the brief descriptions didn't make it clear why certain photographs constituted how they qualified as being tangled artworks. Perhaps this is partially due to my assumption that tangles consisted of more abstract artworks, but many consisted of identifiable animals, objects, and humanistic figures.

While I enjoyed perusing this book, there wasn't
Elizabeth
While I enjoyed perusing the many photographs of artworks I would have liked a better explanation of what qualified some of them as fitting into the description of tangled artworks. Being under the impression that they were more abstract artworks, I was confused to see many that depicted identifiable objects, animals, and human(ish) figures. There should have been a section that demonstrated the difference between tangles and mandalas and whether or not they can be considered the same. I felt li ...more
Karen
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book of beautiful 500 Tangled Artworks inspired me, a non-artist, to start tangling on my own. Though this book only provides basic guidance it's simplicity (although the designs are complex and moving) allowed me to get started fairly easily. I use it to generate ideas to start, for motivation and also for pure pleasure. I just bought the 6 week course tangled art book and find it to be a perfect complement. Thank you Edelweiss for allowing me to review this book for an honest opinion.
GP
Mar 07, 2015 rated it liked it
It's an interesting process of artwork. although I get the methods they're talking about, I don't think it's much different from tipple or crosshatch. Sweeping the floor can be an engagement in Zen meditation, so your mileage may vary on how useful this book is for you. But, if you're scared to draw or just want to try a new method of relaxing creatively, this book is great for providing inspiration.
Georgina
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zentangle
Don't look for instruction here, just gaze upon the amazing work of other artists. And what work it is! I'm ready to apply marker to the kitchen mugs, my leather purse, and at least three lamp shades...!
Stefanie Girard
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Every page is filled with inspiring artwork. Both black and white and full color. There are even chapters that include textiles and objects. It is a great diverse collection of Zentangled art.
Janet