Start by marking “Beeswax Alchemy: How to Make Your Own Soap, Candles, Balms, Creams, and Salves from the Hive” as Want to Read:

Featuring over 40 DIY projects that illustrate how to transform one of the world’s most natural ingredients into tangible creations, Beeswax Alchemy is the perfect amalgamation of recipe craft book and beekeepers’ guide.

Considered the miracle of the beehive and used by humans for 8,000 years, beeswax remains a vital ingredient to society and is still used as the foundatio
Published April 1st 2015 by Quarry Books (first published February 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Beeswax Alchemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beeswax Alchemy

Trisha
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a beekeeper and always looking for ways to use beeswax. I had this book recommeneded to me by another beekeeper and it doesn't dissappoint. It covers how to clean the wax along with many different things to make including soap, candles, balms, creams, polishes, waxed cotton wraps. Often there is a base recipe and then how it can be adapted for different uses. Although the book is American, the recipes are in metric (some have imperial too) and some have percentages for if you want to adapt ...more
Kimberly VanNostrand
Beeswax Alchemy is well written and very informative. However, I found most of the recipes quite complicated and/or requiring ingredients that I'm not willing to use. There is a lot of great information contained in here about production of beeswax and the most comprehensive list of uses of beeswax that I have seen. There are also many photos in the book, but as I was reading on a Kindle Paperwhite, the photos were wasted on me. :-(
I have used beeswax alongside other ingredients to make my own
Lisa
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book and I think that I will have to buy this and try everything. What I love about this book is that at the top of each page it tells you the difficulty, beginner, intermediate, advanced. Also there were different types of uses for the beeswax. There are also pictures to show steps. In the back of the book there is a guide for oils and other ingredients.
Ruth Windle
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wealth of information

I found this book to be a wealth of information and inspiration for upcoming projects. This book will find its place as an oft-used reference for formulating new recipes.
Todd Haines
More of a refrence type book

I got some ideas from this as to what to use our beeswax for. This is more of a reference but I did read it to get new ideas.
Catherine
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Many recipes I want to try.
Kerry
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have been wanting to try to make my own candles for awhile now and with this book I actually feel like I can really do it. There are a few other things to try as well.
J
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one of the better crafting books I've come across. I am a small time bee keeper which is what drew me to the book but after reading it cover to cover I'm looking forward to utilizing my wax for some of these types of projects. This book left nothing about the projects unexplained. It's a thorough and beautiful book.
Bored Housewife
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

I bought this as I love honey products and thought to make myself some.

Petra has written an excellent instruction manual which is simple but thorough.

The soap turned out beautifully as did the lotion.

There isn't much else to add other than it was worth purchasing. Love it.
Anna Murray-rubin
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Met the author at my local farmers market and purchased this book and 6lbs of honey from her. I like the book and everything seems to be explained fairly well. I will try out a few projects and update this review later.
Sarah Lee
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Informative about how they get beeswax and the various types/colors of beeswax. I actually wanted this for a few of the beauty recipes but there are instructions for those, soaps and candles. Nice book if you are interested in beeswax crafts!
Sue
Jul 14, 2015 rated it liked it
this is a keeper and belongs on any homesteaders shelf
Bren
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent! I can't wait for cooler weather when I'll be rendering and recycling this season's wax. Goodies to come!
Alyssa
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This stuff looks great! Looks easy to understand with photos to show the steps for each project.
Lindsay
Kerry
Jul 31, 2018
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafting-diy
An excellent introduction to many uses of beeswax including candles, cosmetics and intaglio painting. I think it is also useful to those who are already familiar with crafts involving beeswax because there are tips and tricks useful to the intermediate crafter and I think most are not familiar with all these uses. Best recommended for beekeepers casting about for good uses of beeswax since the author discusses refining beeswax for use.
dmptbone
Jan 06, 2017
Stacey Alex
Aug 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Farm to Table Asian Secrets: Vegan & Vegetarian Full-Flavored Recipes for Every Season
  • Joy of Zentangle: Drawing Your Way to Increased Creativity, Focus, and Well-Being
  • The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy
  • Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers: The Secrets of Ancient Fermentation
  • Darwin Slept Here: Discovery, Adventure, and Swimming Iguanas in Charles Darwin's South America
  • Talking to the Ground: One Family's Journey on Horseback Across the Sacred Land of the Navajo
  • The Indian Slow Cooker: 50 Healthy, Easy, Authentic Recipes
  • Ophelia Joined the Group Maidens Who Don't Float: Classic Lit Signs on to Facebook
  • 101 Easy Homemade Products for Your Skin, Health & Home: A Nerdy Farm Wife's All-Natural DIY Projects Using Commonly Found Herbs, Flowers & Other Plants
  • Mushrooms Demystified
  • The Foie Gras Wars: How a 5,000-Year-Old Delicacy Inspired the World's Fiercest Food Fight
  • Herbs for Reducing Stress & Anxiety
  • Where Women Create: Inspiring Work Spaces of Extraordinary Women
  • Foolproof Preserving: A Guide to Small Batch Jams, Jellies, Pickles, Condiments, and More
  • Craft Activism: People, Ideas, and Projects from the New Community of Handmade and How You Can Join in
  • Bag Style: 20 Inspirational handbags, totes, and carry-alls to knit and crochet
  • Sew Serendipity: Fresh and Pretty Designs to Make and Wear
  • Playing with Image Transfers: Exploring Creative Imagery for Use in Art, Mixed Media, and Design