Start by marking “A Meeting in the Ladies Room” as Want to Read:
A Meeting in the Ladies Room

A Meeting in the Ladies Room

In the rarefied world of Manhattan publishing, most of the intrigue takes place in the books. But all that is about to change for respected editor Jacqueline Blue. . .

It's not easy being one of the few African Americans in an overwhelmingly white industry. Yet, until now, Jackie's biggest problem has been her unrequited love for Victor Bell, a handsome member of the Black
Published March 1st 2004 by Dafina Books

To ask other readers questions about A Meeting in the Ladies Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Meeting in the Ladies Room

Start your review of A Meeting in the Ladies Room
Corban Ford
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This wasn't really a mystery at all (there was really no attempt to hide the culprit) but I appreciated the exploration of being an African American woman in a field where they are clearly the minority. Personally I thought it was a really good read, mystery or not. Great characterization, very descriptive and enjoyable overall.
Teaguem2005
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I figured out whodunnit early on. Interesting read.
Wendolyn
Aug 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Well-written. Interesting. Different. Honest.

I am glad she ended up with the right man.
Noteworthy
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
well written, intriguing and at times emotional. Thoroughly enjoyed this book and will look for more by this author.
Melissa Andrews
This was a quick read - nothing you'll want to read twice, but it should keep you occupied on a train or plane ride.

Jackie visits her boss over the weekend to work on a secret project that no one at the office knows they're working on, finds out the boss is giving the promotion to a co-worker and storms out in a huff. The boss is later found strangled in her bathroom, and Jackie gets fingered for the murder. Jackie also happens to be a member of the Black Pack - a group of high level African
Joanna
Apr 22, 2009 rated it it was ok
Not as bad as I had feared. With all that buildup on the accused-of-murder storyline, though, I was pretty disappointed with how everything unraveled so quickly. I wanted more ethical dithering over the blackmail! The finding-a-man subplot was heavy-handed and too neatly resolved as well.
Tonya Hurst
Good book but I knew who the killer was before he ending, it was kind of obvious. Wish it would have been more challenging as to who the killer was. And I agree with a previous comment from another reader, the ending came all out too fast. Pretty much in a couple of pages, it was done.
Carmen Glenn
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Bravo! This book was a pleasant surprise. I loved the imperfect characters and their secrets. I was not expecting a mystery when I selected this book. Once I started reading it, I could barely put the book down!
Debi
Nov 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Good reading. Liked it.
Gail Franklin
Jun 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. I was surprised at in end. I just know that victor was gay.
I would have never guessed he did it. Paul was gooood man. You won't find one like him in real life.
Linda
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was excellent! Very well written; great descriptions of characters. I have already gotten another one of her books.
Eliza
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
Needed something to read during flights on a biz trip - predictable & mediocre writing but I can think of worst ways to pass the time.
Tammy
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very good book, wanted to keep reading!
Kimberly Y.
Sep 30, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: a-a
Not very good...predictable plot...stereotypical characters
Mahoghani 23
Jackie was a big daydreamer until real life came into focus. She found out quickly who her real friends were and to stop writing down so much personal daydream and anger thoughts.
Hannah Serieux
Vanessa Bee
Jan 15, 2017
Tiarra
May 08, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a quick and easy read. Very fast paced although some moments were predictable.
Janecia
May 22, 2009
Miriamdh heard
Apr 19, 2018
Pamela Parson
Nov 17, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club (The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club, #1)
  • Leading Out Loud
  • Mare's War
  • Girls Who Travel
Anita Doreen Diggs was born and raised in New York City. She is the eldest of two children and attended local public schools. Ms. Diggs started her book publishing career in 1989 as Executive Secretary to the CEO of New American Library (now part of Penguin Books USA). Following that job, she worked as a book publicist for Dutton Books for 3 years before quitting to write.