Start by marking “In the Time of Dragon Moon (Wilde Island Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
In the Time of Dragon Moon (Wilde Island Chronicles, #3)

In the Time of Dragon Moon

(Wilde Island Chronicles #3)

An epic fantasy about dragons, dark secrets, Pendragons, and magic

On the southernmost tip of Wilde Island--far from the Dragonswood sanctuary and the Pendragon Castle--live the native Euit people. Uma, who is half Euit and half English, and not fully accepted by her tribe, wants to become a healer like her Euit father. But the mad English queen in the north, desperate for
Published March 24th 2015 by Kathy Dawson Books

To ask other readers questions about In the Time of Dragon Moon, please sign up.
Katie Mouse I read this book first without realising it was part of a series and I didn't find there was any part that confused me that may have been from the fir…moreI read this book first without realising it was part of a series and I didn't find there was any part that confused me that may have been from the first two books(less)

Start your review of In the Time of Dragon Moon (Wilde Island Chronicles, #3)
Tammie
In the Time of the Dragon Moon is the third book in the young adult fantasy series Wild Island Chronicles and once again Janet Lee Carey has transported me to a place that I am sad to leave behind.

“In the enchanted woodland wild,
The Prince shall wed a Fairy child.
Dragon, Human, and Fairy,
Their union will be bound by three.

And when these lovers intertwine,
Three races in one child combine.
Dragon, Fey, and Humankind,
Bound in one bloodline.

O Bring this day unto us soon,
And forfeit weapon
Tandie
I love Janet Lee Carey's writing. She's such a gifted story teller. All her heroines are tough and easy to like. Her boys are swoon worthy. Her dragons are magnificent!

Uma kind of breaks my heart, trying to be the son her father never had. She cuts off her hair, wears boy clothing, and tries to be the perfect apprentice.
I'm half in love with Jackrun Pendragon.

I've loved all 3 books in this series. They're each a stand alone, complete story. Highly recommended.
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this!!! I think even more so than Dragonswood! I can't believe I fell for Tess and Brion son Jackrun but man he was sexy as hell and such an amazing guy! I really loved Uma too she was a strong MC who knew what she needed to do and stuck to get guns. And of course the dragons were amazing!!!

One thing I love about these books is you can read them completely separate from the others. So if you haven't read Dragons Keep or Dragonswood you don't need to worry about missing anything! I hope Jan
Alicia (A Kernel of Nonsense)

Uma Quarteney, the daughter of the Adan, an Euit healer, and an English midwife, is determined to defy convention and become the first female Adan in her father’s tribe. News of her father’s infertility cure has spread throughout Wilde Island and the Queen, desperate for another child, orders her soldiers to bring the Adan to Pendragon Castle to cure her. When Uma’s father dies, the burden passes to his daughter, who knows failure will not only end her life but her tribe’s. Despite all her effor
Mary
This will easily be a 4 or 5 star for many, but since I've read so many books like this, I can only settle for 3.

There's honestly nothing wrong with this book. Heroine is great, she never frustrated me, and the love interest wasn't an abusive asshole. Jackrun was kind and a friend to Uma before they became lovers.

It sucked how much suffering afflicted the people of Pendragon Castle, including Uma and Jackrun. The Queen, as awful as she'd been, was a tragic character in the end. Though her actio
Mia Lewis
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book!
Ruman
2.5 stars!

Contains Spoilers

In the Time of Dragon Moon is not like Dragonswood. It has a much slower pace, with an underlying, not very prominent, plotline. In my opinion, I found the journey of Tess and Brion in the last book much more captivating. This book mostly revolves around Uma - a half English, half Euit - as well as her father, the Aman (revered tribesman healer) - getting abducted by the mad English Queen in order to cure her of her bareness. That is basically the plotline, in addition
Annette Flick
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Where do I even begin...??

Carey's writing is beautiful and amazing. She really knows how to capture and describe every moment and I can easily imagine it as I read. I love making myself the main character; it makes it that much more fun. :)

Also, I might be ever so slightly spoiling part of it, so beware!

The second book in this series Dragonswood had become my favorite book and I thought it would stay my number one until I read In the Time of Dragon Moon, which now my number 1 bumping Dragonswood
Melody Sonstrom
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Molly Blaisdell
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you long to be lost in another world, if you seek to find your place when you have never fit in, if you have repressed a part of yourself that must be free, run to your nearest bookseller. In the Time of Dragon's Moon by Janet Lee Carey is a thick tapestry of story, woven by a master storyteller. Prepare to read a living history.

Main character Uma Quartnery, half-Euit, half-English is caught between two worlds. She serves her father, a traditional healer of Euit people, but to do so, she mus
Angie
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
It has been a while since I read the first book, but I remember loving it so much I even bought it. It's also been a while since I read the second book, but I remember being so disappointed by it and giving it a bad review. I wasn't sure what to expect with this third book. Well, as you can tell by the 5 stars, I am once again in love and excited by this series!

The main character, Uma, is so wonderfully written as she develops and grows. This book very much reminded me of Eon. Uma is disguising
Britt
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review to come on #/26/15 @ Please Feed The Bookworm
Virginia
You guys, this book was pretty bad. At first, it seemed ok. But then, the characters got less and less consistent. The story got more convoluted. And I got really bored.

Skip.
Jen • Just One More Page

This review is also posted on my blog.

(view spoiler)
Yoana Valkanova
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
As I am writing the review, I am reliving the book and that brings a smile to my face.

This book was a wonderful surprise! I have not read the first two stories from the series so the book introduced me to the world of Janet Lee Carey and indeed it is an intriguing and attention grabbing one.
It was great for me that each book can be read as a separate one as I haven't had the opportunity to enjoy the first two. But as I was captivated by 'In the Time of Dragon Moon' I am sure to buy and devour th
Rachel
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy buffs
Okay--so the first thing I need to admit is that lately I have a real "problem" with buying too many books. However, since that problem led me to this one, I'm not entirely sure that my compulsive book-buying is so bad after all.

This book is a book for me for sure. It has dragons, magic, English history, herblore, a strong heroine, a fierce-and-tender male lead, mystery, and high stakes. And did I mention dragons? 😉🐉

I found Uma to be an instantly relatable character who is searching for who she
Alissa | Lizard Coop Books
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
It's not very often you find a series where the last novel is even better than the first. This was my favorite story of the three. That being said, I loved the word building, the unique cultural aspects, the plot line (which was very in depth), and the characters were amazing. I enjoyed getting to know Tess and Bion as parents, and Uma and Jackrun are awesome.

I would definitely recommend this series to anyone!

Content...
Romance: it is clean though there are some moments where things could have ha
Vicki
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen
Aurelia
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I did not know this book was part of a series, but I enjoyed it nevertheless, there weren't any parts where I was unsure of the story or characters, so you do not need to read the other novels in the series. I rated this book four stars because the writing style didn't really compel me enough and the beginning of the book was a bit too slow paced and slightly boring. I was about to dnf until soon the plot twists came and the actual storyline came into play, which I enjoyed. The plot and overall ...more
-cookie Doughten
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great Young adult book . I never expected the person responsible for the crimes to be who it was . it was very well written. I read the book because I was going to give it as a gift . To a young girl and wanted to make sure it was age appropriate. Some say they are and still are not for some Families . This book had a moral even the perfect skinny blond girl had a secret and the hero was dark hair and darker skin . the hero had scales . Good for a child who needs a boost
Kaitlin
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the most well written and developed books I've read. This book hooks you in with the lovable characters, dazzling imagery, and the heart-wrenching and sometimes terrifying story line. A fantasy masterpiece. The character and plot development is seamless and wonderfully done. a definite must read.
Shay
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! This is one of my favorite series because of the fantasy and pure creativity put into this series. In every book new things take place, but they still relate back to each other making it interesting and keeps the pages turning. Definitely would recommend for everyone!
Colette Waring
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked how Carey came up with this dragon fantasy. It had roots based off of classical fairy tales, but she put a spin on it so that it was thrilling, addicting, and kept me on the edge of my seat wanting to read more.
Olivia M
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book?, first off, I love Janet Lee Carey’s writing style and that all her books have a dark fantasy/medieval vibe but not that girly fairy princess fantasy, this is gritty and beautiful. I would recommend this book to lovers of fantasy!
Aliyah Keeper
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Candace Wondrak
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely the best out of the trilogy, which could be because it's the longest, or because it's the most recent. The first book, Dragon's Keep, released over ten years ago. The landscape of YA (and what can be done in YA books) has changed vastly in the last decade or so, I think.
Galion Public Library Teens
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Review by C.M. : "Awesome book that leaves you wanting more with great characters and a good plot."
Victoria Pressley
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
I read this because I had read the first 2. They were easy and enjoyable but predicable. This one however, was dull and couldn't hold my attention.
Evening.Light Forever
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dragons, Prophecy, Shippy ships, fae, dragon people
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Goliath (Leviathan, #3)
  • The Two Princesses of Bamarre (The Two Princesses of Bamarre, #1)
  • Blood and Chocolate
  • Acid
  • The Guardian
  • Fruits Basket: The Complete Collection
  • Charming the Prince (Once Upon A Time, #1)
  • Empty Net (Scoring Chances, #4)
  • Love Lessons (Love Lessons, #1)
  • Behemoth (Leviathan, #2)
  • Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1)
  • Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt, #1)
  • The Sleeping Prince (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #2)
  • Clear Water
  • Bear, Otter, and the Kid (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #1)
  • The Scarecrow Queen (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #3)
  • Percy Jackson Collection. The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle of The Labyrinth, The Last Olympian and The Demigod Files
  • Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister
~Things are never what they seem. Find the lost inside the dream ~
Janet Lee Carey is the award-winning author of nine Children's and YA novels. Her YA fantasy is critically acclaimed: "Verdict: This is quite simply fantasy at its best–original, beautiful, amazing, and deeply moving.” School Library Journal starred review. Janet links each new book with a charitable organization empowering readers

Wilde Island Chronicles (3 books)
  • Dragon's Keep (Wilde Island Chronicles #1)
  • Dragonswood (Wilde Island Chronicles, #2)