Start by marking “Finding Favor with the King: Preparing for Your Moment in His Presence” as Want to Read:
Finding Favor with the King: Preparing for Your Moment in His Presence

Finding Favor with the King: Preparing for Your Moment in His Presence

Bestselling author Tommy Tenney unlocks the book of Esther, revealing how you can prepare for your own life-changing encounter with the King.
Published February 17th 2015 by Bethany House Publishers (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Favor with the King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Favor with the King

Linda
Apr 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story of Esther is one that can offer insight into a number of different personal circumstances [personal opinion!] I was surprised by Tenney's ability to draw such specific application to one's personal relationship to the Lord through his chapters surrounding the 'protocols of the Palace'. For example: "never underestimate the potential of one encounter" or " favor is what happens when preparation meets opportunity". I really enjoyed this book more than expected-maybe due to the season of ...more
Yvonne Chileshe
Mar 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book and a great reminder of the importance of focusing on seeking the Kingdom first. Esther focused on developing her relationship with the king before asking for favors. Preparation is important if we are to Worship God in spirit and truth and have an encounter with our maker. It took Esther one year preparing for one night and her encounter with the king changed her destiny and that of her people. An encounter with King Jesus changes the countenance and ones life can never be the s ...more
Stacy
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a good, thought provoking book.
Jewell Moreno
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again another book about recieving God's blessings. Takes the story of Esther and puts it in todays situation, and how she changed the fate of a nation. How one night with our King, can change your life. I've read Tommy Tenney before, i.e. God Chaser's. He is really good, and has a great grasp on the supernatural depth of the Lord, and the Holy Spirit. Don't miss it. Worth reading multiple times.
Child960801
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This one took me really too long to read. It should be a good quick read. I do have some problems with it, but over all, it was a good book.
The author takes the story of Esther and uses it as a template for how we should interact with God.
Tenee Hall
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really inspiring read on the importance of intimacy with God and how to go about creating that intimacy with God. It was a refreshing look at Esther's story. I appreciated how it is written and left me feeling like I could grow my intimacy with God.
Polly Watson
Always worth reading about Esther!!
Cheryl
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Review: Finding Favor with the King by Tommy Tenney

book-review-finding-favor-with-the-king-by-tommy-tenney

Preparing For Your Moment In His Presence

Some books aren’t worth buying or reading. Some books are worth reading once. Some books are worth storing for a possible re-read. And others are worth re-reading and even studying. This book is the latter.

This book also is not a breeze-through-it type of book but a stop-and-ponder or even a stop-and-pray type of book.

It’s main message is the boo
Linda Walters
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tommy makes a great point about all little girls want to be a Princess (at some time or other) and the culture of our times have encouraged it (and I'd say sold to it) . He also points out maybe we should look deeper. Its something that God may have planted inside us too. This is a different angle that I hadn't thought about. That deep desire to be Princesses (and may I say Queen's) and Kings, is a Ruling Mentaility that comes from the Kingdom of God.
I like how in each chapter there is a "Protoc
Virginia
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I will let you all know right now that if there's anything or everything that has to do with the story of Esther I am so in!

I really loved and enjoyed reading this book. It touched my soul so much. Finding favor with the King was such an inspiring and uplifting read I won't soon forget.

For those of you who didn't know, this is the author whose books along with the book of Esther inspired the well cherished film,"One Night with the King". If you haven't watched that movie you should because it's
Angel
First impressions

My first encounter with Tommy Tenney was a few years ago when he came to a conference in my city. I always wanted to read one of his books but never had the opportunity until now. Back then we was well known for his novel, Hadassah: One Night with the King.

Content

Tenney takes the story of Esther to demonstrate the way each christian can go from being a common citizen to be the queen of a great empire, or in practical terms the approach one must take to grow in intimacy with God.
A.C. Cuddy
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“Have you ever had a “that night” or a “that day”? A point in time before which things were going wrong, but after which things began to go right? What are the ingredients for “that night”? What is mixed into the recipe? Understanding what goes into creating that moment of divine favor was Esther’s ultimate secret. She learned how to find favor with the king.”

Finding Favor with the King takes the reader into the life of Esther. Specifically into the one year prior to Esther’s fateful night with
Gemma
Mar 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is life-changing. It changed the way I looked at myself and elevated me from being a "poor peasant girl" to being the "King's" Queen. I was never the same in that I have learned to grasp God's wonderful plan for my life and the preparations I have to undertake to qualify for that calling. Not that this book is gender-oriented, but anyone who's longing for intimacy with her or his God can relate to this book. Here, T.Tenney was able to present God as "King" in the flesh. The book center ...more
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Finding Favor with the King is helping us prepare for out moment with our King. We are preparing ourselves for the utlimate King. We prepare ourselves for so much, but preparing for Him is something we do. We need to continual in preparation. Continue reading His work. Continually listen to his Holy Spirit in the way he directs us. Yet it is so amazing.

My favourite part of the book was about the Myrrh where it was mentioned that it was from birth to death in Jesus' life. An oil that was used fo
Geetika
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'On THAT night.....' Esther 6:1

Have you ever pin-pointed a 'time' before which things were going wrong, but after which things began to go right....?? This is a book that goes into understanding the 'recipe' of what goes into creating THE Moment of Diving Favor!

It talks about how Favor is when 'Preparation Meeting Opportunity' and Success is what happens when 'Preparation Meets Potential'.

An ABSOLUTE Must Read!!!

Written by Tommy Tenny who also wrote The God Chasers Series, The God Catchers', God
Cassie
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book of Esther is an incredible biblical encounter with not only her king but with the King of Kings! Tenney was difficult to stay with because he repeated himself so frequently it made the book painful to finish. He seemed very much passionate about the book of Esther but recapped in every chapter, repeated phrases often, & repeated same passages on the same page. Though it was challenging to finish it had some good insights into Queen Esther life & bravery.
Sue
Aug 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Using the book of Esther as the foundation, a discussion on how it is from the place of intimacy that we make our concerns known to the Lord and receive His response.
Found this one a bit slower than the other books of his that I've read. In places it seemed as if he was going back over the same section that had been discussed in a previous chapter. But overall, it was good with plenty to think about and chew on and apply to my Christian walk.
Adrienna
There were some great nuggets with awe-inspiring lines like "flavor of favor", "whenever God gets ready to elevate you, He must first introduce an enemy."

"What you don't ERADICATE when you are strong will come back to attack you when you are weak."

I really enjoyed the passages on favor. Although I felt some things were reiterated and only paraphrased, still was a decent read.

Leisure read 2014

Adrienna Turner
Author of The Day Begins with Christ
www.dream4more.org
Perssis Namour
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Mr. Tenney retains an unfaltering command of rhythm and an uncanny sensitivity to orchestrate the balances between drawing you into the place that even angles fear to tread and boldly entering the throne room of Grace. "Worship is the protocol that protects the KING and qualifies the visitor."
Lori
Jun 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found this book the same week I was encouraged to read more about Esther. I thought it was a great find after a great word. I am slacking - I've finished this a long time ago. I enjoyed the part about entering the throne room...you'll have to find out for yourself.
Brenda
Feb 17, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
SUZGAHAGEN
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. At times I felt the author was redundant or a little to personally present in his commentary. Perhaps it helps some people wrap their head around his points which I felt were very insightful. This is a book I will intentionally return to.
Autumn
Jul 10, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a required book at work, but it was excellent. It takes the story of Esther and shows how we can prepare to meet our King using the steps that she used to prepare to meet the Persian king of the time.
It will inspire your worhip time.
Erin
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have reread it several times. I really like it. Never 5 stars for me.
Jennie Hornyak
Mar 25, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible. I hated it. I did not finish it.
Friska Wibowo
Love this one..
I learned from Ester.. How to win The King's Heart...
Anthony Powell
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I especially liked how Tommy Tenney elaborated on the real purpose of the anointing is to prepare you for God's presence and allows us to be in God's holy presence.
Brie Wiltsie
Mar 26, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh...didnt like this one. Very repetitive and no real train of thought.
Bro
Aug 03, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Tenney adds a lot to the scriptures that are not there. Reader beware!
Tamara Elizabeth
Great book to help one who is suffering from worry doubt and confusion. this book is moving, encouraging and an awesome guide to help one win the battle in ones own mind.
  • The Power Of Praying Together
  • Possessing the Gates of the Enemy: An Intercessionary Prayer Manual
  • Breaking Intimidation: Say "No" Without Feeling Guilty.  Be Secure Without the Approval of Man
  • The Worship Warrior
  • Dreaming With God
  • The Unquenchable Worshipper: Coming Back to the Heart of Worship
  • All The Women Of The Bible
  • Becoming a Prayer Warrior: A Guide to Effective and Powerful Prayer
  • The Three Battlegrounds: An In-Depth View of the Three Arenas of Spiritual Warfare: The Mind, the Church and the Heavenly Places
  • Revelation Unveiled
  • Jerusalem Countdown, Revised and Updated: A Prelude To War
  • On Being a Servant of God
  • The Prophetic Ministry
  • Does Your Tongue Need Healing
  • Charred and Scarred
  • God's Armor Bearer Volumes 1 & 2: Serving God's Leaders
  • The Birth
  • God Wants You to Be Rich: How and Why Everyone Can Enjoy Material and Spiritual Wealth in Our Abundant World

Tommy Tenney is the author of multi-million selling The God Chasers series. He has written more than thirty books, with eight best-selling titles to date. Tommy has books in over forty languages, traveled into more than seventy-two countries and television broadcast into one hundred twenty nations. Tommy spent ten years pastoring and has spent over twenty years in itinerant ministry. His two passi
“With relationship comes access, and with intimacy comes influence.” 12 likes