Start by marking “Aegis Rising (The Aegis League, #1)” as Want to Read:
Aegis Rising (The Aegis League, #1)

Aegis Rising

(The Aegis League #1)

Over a remote northern forest, a small plane carrying five teenage friends flies into a freak storm. Struck by lightning, the aircraft crashes and the passengers find themselves cast into a life-changing adventure.

In a hidden valley, a mysterious people gaze at the stormy sky as a glowing object with fiery wings disappears behind a mountain ridge. The astonishing sight rei
Published November 15th 2013 by INKmagination Books (first published November 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Aegis Rising, please sign up.
Alyssa Sky I agree, Book is completely age appropriet. Other than some action scenes it the kind of book you would enjoy reading wether your 10 or 60 :P

Start your review of Aegis Rising (The Aegis League, #1)
Shayda
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I originally picked up this book because the cover intrigued me. I read the back and was impressed by the concept of the book. I love reading about adventures but was having a hard time finding books to read because they were becoming predictable. I was pleasantly surprised with Aegis Rising; it has a little something for everyone and tons of different ideas that marry together wonderfully. My only complaint was that I finished it too quickly and I couldn't put it down! I'm impatiently waiting f ...more
Jo-Anne Pfoh
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. My only complaint is that real life kept getting in the way of my reading.

I was intrigued when the prologue began in 500 B.C. and from that moment on I was hooked. As we fast forward to present day we find ourselves on a perilous plane ride with 5 close friends all terrified and confused. They awaken in a hidden valley inhabited by the most amazing individuals they have ever met. Hidden from civilization for centuries, the villagers live a quiet life in tune with
Rebecca
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aegis Rising by S.S. Segran is the first book in the Aegis League Series. This is a brilliantly written sci-fi adventure for young adults. It’s a story about the struggle between good and evil. Five teenagers on a small plane get caught up in a storm - Mariah, Kody, Aari, Tegan and Jag. Both engines are irreparably damaged and it crashes in a remote area. The mysterious inhabitants help them recover. They discover this tribe has advanced and extraordinary capabilities e.g. healing skills, lingui ...more
Francine
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyable. From the moment you get started with the prologue set in 500 B.C. with its rich description and flashback of a civilization nearing its demise, you are drawn into an amazing world filled with intrigue. Fast forward to the present day and you are immediately introduced to the 5 teenage protagonist in a perilous situation before they get swept away into a breathtaking adventure. The writing style is very descriptive and the original voice of the author is magnetic. What an am ...more
Joanne
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is for anyone, both adults and teenagers, who enjoy adventured-filled sci-fi and fantasy novels. Segran is a talented young author and I can't wait to see what comes next--both in this series, and down the road. The book is written with great maturity, yet has the imagination and passion of a truly creative mind. There is a nice balance of suspense to keep you wanting more.

Noel Brasel III
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not surprised Aegis Rising hit #1 on Amazon’s Young Adult category. This is a gem of novel that deserves that recognition and more!

The novel begins with a lush description set in 500 BC as we see an ancient vessel carrying the survivors of an advance civilization arrive at the shores of the Pacific Northwest. After an initial skirmish with the local inhabitants, the ‘outsiders’ make peace with them and over time the two groups intermingle and become one people.

Fast forward to the present an
Kaite
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a dramatic, fast paced book right from the get go. The author switches the view point cleanly between the main protagonists allowing you to get to know, and (mostly) sympathize with them throughout their dramas. I enjoy this style of writing; it means I don't have time to get bored of any of the characters before I'm whisked away to another story line, and keeps them all fresh.

I loved the inclusion of the 'people of Dema-Ki' (the Hidden Valley), who we gradually learn more about as the s
Mark Cabot
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book by such a young author. Couldn't put it down. Such an imaginative story that takes you on a journey like no other. Cannot wait to read the next installment.
Terry S.
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
S.S. Segran is a master when it comes to writing action-adventure/sci-fi! When I purchased this book for my Kindle I originally got it for my daughter. As I was scanning it to make sure there was no unsuitable content I found myself irresistibly drawn in to the story and found that I couldn't put the book down. I read the entire story from beginning to end in one sitting (a rather long one!). I have not been this intrigued and excited over a book in quite some time!

The story flows effortlessly a
Monica
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Prepared to be swept away

I loved this book! The author, S.S. Segran, has created an action-packed story filled with some original and textured characters I enjoyed getting to know. Creative and delightful to the core, this first book in the Aegis League series is reminiscent of a combination of The Game of Thrones and City of Bones for young adults with its cast of teenagers surmounting incredible obstacles in a richly woven plot.

My favorite aspect of this book is the author’s exquisite descript
Kevin Lintner
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A group of five teenage friends are tossed into a lost civilization when the plane they are traveling in is struck by lightning and crashes. The book is filled with many influences from Lost to Percy Jackson to the survivalist action of the Hunger games, yet manages to stand on its own as a daring and original work that should appeal to the targeted young adult demographic and beyond to older readers. I had a lot of fun reading this book and eagerly look forward to the next book in the series.
Marco den Ouden
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
An entertaining young adult novel about five teens whose plane crashes in the wilds of Northern British Columbia. They are taken in by a native tribe and are believed to be the fulfillment of some ancient prophesy. The characters are engaging and believable. I picked up the book because I met the young author, Shareen Segran, at the writers group I belong to. She is only 18 so I had to check it out. She is a very talented writer and I am sure she has a great career as a writer ahead of her.
James
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book- Aegis Rising. It is very engaging and a good read. I love how the plot plays out and it is indeed quite different from many of the books I read recently.

The author, S.S. Segran has created the characters who are interesting and feel very real. I can feel how the five teens went through when their plane crashes.

I think the author has a great future and I look forward to more books from her.
Patrice
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My love for a good Action novel made this story especially enjoyable. Of course, it didn't hurt that the author has an amazing talent for creating imagery with great details. The sensational plot had me hooked from the first chapter!

It's a fast and fun read that I would recommend to anyone with a passion for beguiling story lines, or anyone looking to dip their toes into the Sci-Fi/Mystery genre. I can't wait to see what comes next!
Melanie Broussard
Aegis Rising is a very enjoyable read. The action is quite interesting with its vivid imagery and captivating storyline. The characters are able to sweep you away into their lives and along with them on their journey. I just love books that can do that to the reader. It's fun to get lost in a book the way I did with this one. It isn't just for young adults as anyone who loves this genre can enjoy and get lost in it. What a wonderfully well thought out story. I'm very happy to have found this aut ...more
Shy
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An excellent read. The detail put into this book is astounding, and Segran is amazing at creating environments that draw you in. I became totally engrossed and felt like I was standing right there in the midst of everything. I just couldn't put it down! I recommend Aegis Rising to anyone who enjoys a good adventure-mystery, and hope we'll see many more equally enthralling stories from this author.
Nancy Steinle gummel
Aegis Rising by S.S.Segran is an amazing book but it uses a lot of assumptions and unanswered questions. It starts as a plane ride to a house in the mountains for five friends Kody, Ari, Jag, Regan and Marian. Joey's father was flying when they are hit by lightning. The plane crashed.Giant bears known as the Guardian took the kids to a village in the mountains. They were healed by the villagers.Akol and his sister Huyani have the gift of linguistics and learned English rapidly. They were an anci ...more
Chianne
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm a lover of all things history related, and that's what first drew me to Aegis Rising. Shortly after beginning, though, I just couldn't put it down! The mix of ancient and modern is riveting, the dialogue and storyline flow smoothly, and I fell in love with the characters. They each bring something unique to the table, and the combination works together perfectly. The fast paced action and excellent writing style will keep you on your toes! It's a wonderful book for all ages. The only bad thi ...more
Amanda
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
*Independent reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock*

4.5 fangs!

There's definitely a lot of information in this book to build the background. There are many things going on that you can't figure out how they will interact. Keep your hat on and hold on for the ride.

Five teens are flying with one of the friend's dad for a vacation. Unfortunately they will not meet their destination. During a storm, the plane is struck by lightning and comes down over a deserted mountain range. Lucki
Arkham Reviews
*Please check out my blog on Saturday for the full review*

This novel did contain a few things that I enjoyed. The first quarter of the story was very interesting and I found the descriptions of Demi Ki and general background presented in the prologue to be a very unique setting for a story. However, unfortunately the story quickly began to loose my interest after this.

The novel felt as though it was just a little too long, padded out to the point where I just began to lose interest. There are a
Jessica
Originally published at Novel Escapism

“From the flames of Cerraco five will arise, Saplings of Aegis, the bearers of light…” so begins the ancient prophecy of a hidden civilization thriving in a small valley in northern Canada. They have been awaiting the five “chosen” ones for hundreds of years. Little did they know the five “Saplings of Aegis” would be five teenage friends who literally fall from the sky in a fireball. Tegan, Kody, Jag, Mariah and Aari survive a plane crash that drops them int
Abi Barnes
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love action-adventure but I am rather picky about my reads. When I came across Aegis Rising, it got my attention. As I read the synopsis I learnt that it seemed to push the boundary of the genre with elements of history, sci-fi and mystery thrown into it. So thought I'd give it a go and I am super glad I did!

This book is about five teenagers and their story after their plane crashes somewhere in northern Canada. Being youthful myself, I found drawn in to the teens and their adventure. This is
Anne Walters
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantasy book that I was waiting for. Full of enjoyable adventure and a meaningful conflict between good and evil, this is a book that is refreshing and fun to read. I loved its characters, and the way they solve their problems and obstacles. Very well written book. Highly recommended.
Zachery Metiva
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Book

Truly captivating. Story kept me hooked throughout the novel. The way the author unfolded the story allowed the suspense to keep building til I could no longer put down the book.
gj indieBRAG
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that AEGIS RISING by S.S. Segran is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells a reader that this book is well worth their time and money!
Jacquel
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
S.S. Segran's latest highly entertaining story will appeal to fans of fantasy novels everywhere! This book truly shows the power of language and storytelling.
Catherine
Aegis Rising is the first book in The Aegis League series by S.S. Segran. It starts to tell the story of five teenagers who crash land in Dema-Ki, the hidden valley where there are a group of natives. Unbeknownst to the teenagers, their arrival fulfills a prophecy that was foretold many years beforehand. The natives aid them in finding inner supernatural powers and, together, they try to help save their area from the poison that a corporation is spewing into a local river.

I was really intrigued
Nicole
Dec 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"...doing the right thing may not always be the easiest". My favourite part of this novel was the friendship between the main 5. I felt like they really knew and cared for one another.

A lot of action happens with this first installment. I really enjoyed the cave action scene with the rabid wolves, the youth gathering scene that turned into a fight with the 5 utilizing their powers and learning about the village in general.

There is a lot that happens with in this novel; prophecy, friendship, evi
Sonja
Sep 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-print
I won this book thru a contest here from the author and it was an okay read. I liked the story, I really did. It was interesting, the idea of a people living undiscovered and having unique skills from ages past and having outsiders appear to fulfill a role. But for some reason I was not drawn into it. Hence why it took me over a week to read it; when I had time to read, I would choose to do something else. Even though I was mostly enjoying it, it did not have me excited enough to make me want to ...more
Kyra Dune
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Aegis Rising gets off to a good start with an engaging and interesting prologue, unfortunately the subsequent chapters don't measure up. The story drags a little in the beginning and the characters seem flat and uninteresting. Try as I might, I never could connect to any of them.

I was halfway through the book and wishing for the end when things finally started to pick up a little. One of the villains (whom I won't name so as to avoid a spoiler) was at least an interesting character although a ho
« previous 1 3 next »
Book Promotions: Debut Novel at Age 17! 1 9 Jul 08, 2014 02:13PM
Thoroughly Enjoyable! 1 9 Dec 04, 2013 05:29PM

• The F List
  • The Modern Gentleman
  • Domination (Submission, #2; Songs of Submission, #4-6)
  • Submission (Submission, #1; Songs of Submission, #1-3)
  • Connection (Submission, #3; Songs of Submission, #7-9)
  • Scarred - The Complete Series
  • The Choice of Magic (Art of the Adept, #1)
  • The Lochlann Treaty, Complete Series (The Lochlann Treaty, #1-4)
  • The Rise of Renegade X (Renegade X, #1)
  • Savage Hunger (Savage Trilogy, #1)
  • Beautiful Ever After (Beautiful Illusions Duet, #2)
  • Savage Burn (Savage Trilogy, #2)
  • Savage Love (Savage Trilogy, #3)
  • Finch Merlin and the Fount of Youth (Harley Merlin, #10)
  • Overnight Wife
  • Change Up (The Home Stand Series Book 1)
  • Harley Merlin 16: Finch Merlin and the Blood Tie
  • Finch Merlin and the Djinn's Curse (Harley Merlin 12)
An avid reader since early childhood, S.S.Segran had written many short stories before embarking on 'AEGIS RISING', the first book in the Aegis League Series. In crafting the premise for the novel she drew from the captivating imagery of the Pacific Northwest, the intriguing wonders of nature and the amazing potential of the human mind. She enjoys drawing and horseback riding. S.S.Segran is a prou ...more

The Aegis League (3 books)
  • Aegis Incursion (The Aegis League, #2)
  • AEGIS EVOLUTION: Action Adventure Mystery Thriller (Aegis League Series Book 3)