Start by marking “Into the Night (Selina Baker, #1)” as Want to Read:
Into the Night (Selina Baker, #1)

Into the Night

(Selina Baker #1)

When Selina Baker, a coordinator for a Boston non-profit, goes out on the town with her friend Jess, she never expects to meet the man of her dreams. And she certainly never expects him to be undead.

When things go from flirty to majorly flawed on her first date with James Lawton, he is forced to save her the only way he can—by killing her. Selina suddenly finds herself in
Mass Market Paperback, 328 pages
Published December 2nd 2014 by Spencer Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about Into the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Night

Start your review of Into the Night (Selina Baker, #1)
Bookish Shannon
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
“Don’t believe everything you read. Anne Rice wasn’t a vampire, Selina... although I head a few rumours that she dated one”

If you like vampire novels the good old way then dig into Into the Night.

Selina is your average person. Works for a living, explores the night clubs and has the daily struggle of finding something decent to watch on TV while eating. A night at the newest, hottest club in town sets in motion everything what is going to change her life.

James is a hot hunk. Simple as. And he’s
Once
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you like vampire novels the good old way then dig into Into the Night.

James is a hot hunk. Simple as. And he’s interested in Selina. On their second meeting he asks her out on a date, which may possibly have turned out to be the worst
Puddlyduck
Into the night was a solid instalment in the vampire genre. While it wasn't ground-breaking, it was very enjoyable and I finished it off in a few hours.

The heroine, Selina isn't your average urban fantasy private investigator/secret martial arts expert or suddenly magically gifted Wonder Woman. Instead she's the average shy, girl next door type, who works as a research assistant.

The romance between her and James is sweet and heart-felt, which goes more towards to explaining how he puts himself
Jennifer Madero (Boricuan Bookworms)
Check out more of my reviews at Boricuan Bookworms

I requested this book with no idea of when I would read it, impulsive request that is added to the long list of waiting to-read books. Yet from the very first sentence, I was hooked to no end. I wasn't planning on even reading anything for a while because I was really stressed with school works I had to do. Because of this it's taken lately really, really good books to grab me strong enough as to risk reading them between classes, and this book
Amber at Fall Into Books
Into the Night was a decent urban fantasy offering, but it didn't really stand out. The characterization wasn't spectacular. None of the characters was really easy to relate to for some reason. The plot was a bit confused at times, and some of the occurrences were simply impossible, even in fantasy. The pacing was a bit slow in places, and the ending was a bit of a cliffhanger. The romance was lukewarm at best. I'm not sure if I'll continue this series or not.

I liked that Selina wasn't simply a
Zili
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars in my Sky!

If you know me or my blog then you'll probably be aware about my love of all things paranormal, urban fantasy and vampire related. You'll also possibly have noticed I've taken a break from reviewing them until recently because they were beginning to merge into one. I decided to read Into the Night because the blurb was intriguing and the idea made me smile.

The story focuses on Selina 'non-profit' Baker (I have to admit this made me laugh. Do people really introduce themselves
Riki
Nov 09, 2014 rated it liked it
I’m a sucker for a good vampire novel, so when I was offered an advanced reader copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, I was intrigued and excited to see what the author would bring to a very saturated paranormal market.

While it was an overall engaging story, Into The Night didn’t really bring anything new and exciting to the vampire tale that might knock my socks off and make it stand out from the many others already published. That being said, the characters are well rendered and
Michael
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Check out more reviews over at Bad Shakespeare

While this starts kind of slow, as soon as Suzanne Rigdon gets going this book is impossible to put down. The characters are well fleshed out, and the vampire scenes seem truly scary and I was on the edge of my seat for most of the book. Yes, it ends in a cliffhanger, but manages to resolve a lot of dangling threads, so it can work as a stand-alone. Although I doubt you'd want it to. I certainly can't wait for the next one!
MrsReganReads
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great, fun read you will fly through. Quick, witty, fast paced and exciting. I enjoyed the main character and connected with her and her thoughts. I'm looking forward to the sequel- it certainly has a cliff hanger!
Kelly Hager
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love everything about this--really fun, creepy in parts, just excellent. I need a sequel.
Amy Fournier
Nov 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, own, to-review
Review coming soon.
Nicki Brooks
Apr 26, 2020
Elizabeth GlamShazam
rated it did not like it
Dec 11, 2014
Dec 06, 2014
Lauren Elise
Dec 22, 2014

• The Beautiful Lost
  • City of Ghosts (Cassidy Blake, #1)
  • The Raft
  • Story of a Girl
  • As Dead As It Gets (Bad Girls Don't Die, #3)
  • On the Fence
  • Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1)
  • Where the Broken Heart Still Beats: The Story of Cynthia Ann Parker
  • Promise Not to Tell
Suzanne is currently pursuing her MFA in Fiction and has previously had her short fiction published in Bartleby Snopes, The Albion Review and Word of Mouth literary magazine. Her debut novel, Into the Night, was published in December 2014 with Spence City Books, the urban fantasy imprint of Spencer Hill Press.

She currently lives in the D.C. Metro area, where her cross-eyed cat, Otto keeps her comp

Selina Baker (2 books)
  • Wake in Darkness (Selina Baker, #2)