Start by marking “Nero (Made Men, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nero (Made Men, #1)

Nero

(Made Men #1)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  20,594 ratings  ·  1,368 reviews
Nero is the king of Legacy Prep, living a life of power.
Elle is the school’s punching bag, living a life of fear.
The only good girls Nero knows jump in his bed when he tells them to.
The closest Elle has come to a bad boy like him is in the cafeteria line.
The mob boss gave him orders to find out what she knows.
Her mouth is sealed.

I just want to be a fu**ing made man.
I’m ju
Published June 27th 2014 by Young Ink Press (first published June 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Nero, please sign up.
Natasha Mahadeo Yes but not you usual high school book. Trust this is an awesome book 10/10 book. Happy reading.....

·  20,594 ratings  ·  1,368 reviews

Start your review of Nero (Made Men, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
DNF at 21 %

Whelp, it's a good thing one of my New Year's Resolutions was not "finish every book I start."

Spoiler: I will NEVER make that resolution.
Because my personal thoughts on DNF-ing?

Make it rain, bitches.

description

I totally understand that sometimes the best books are ones that took time to get into and that the most fulfilling ending in those instances is to push through and blah, blah, blah.

However.

When you are balls deep in the story (20% suffices as the definition of balls deep in my opinion,
Christy
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christy by: Jennifer Kyle

photo 7d0a737f-11c4-48c7-84a0-886bae7e2c08_zpsmgok8dkz.jpg

Nero is one of those guilty pleasure books. It’s a book that is fairly unrealistic and I couldn’t help but love it. Why? Because the enjoyment factor was crazy high. I didn’t want to put it down and it was highly entertaining.

Elle is a senior in high school. She has been bullied most of the 4 years she’s been there, even more so because she protects her best friend Chloe, taking more of the bullying than she should. To supplement her scholarship to Legacy Prep, Elle works at a dine
MischaS_
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Okay, what's wrong with Goodreads! It keeps glitching when I want to save/add the review. (So, here is a short version of my review cause I cannot be bothered typing all of it again.)

So, I read this book in January and I somehow completely forgot to write the review for it.

Overall, I was not very excited by this book, I kept skipping a lot mainly because I found a lot of things in the plot as well as the characters pretty ridiculous.
Also, the mix between high-school meets mafia did not work fo
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

1x Arrogant, manwhore and possessive type hero
1x Shy and loyal wallflower, who is also best friend to the heroine
2x Loyal, hot mates for the hero
1x Bitch of a nemesis for the heroine
A haggle of robotic blonde drones who follow the nemesis around.
Common sense (optional)

Every once in a while, I stumble upon these "little gems of crazy" and this is one such book. An
Ivie dan Glokta
I am not going to trash this novel because of it's classic cliche YA theme. Usually if i stumble upon a story that is juvenile i just pass it off as bubblegum high school drama and leave it at that. Suffice to say, this is a book written by young girlies, for young girlies.

This book however has two things that annoyed me to hell. Portrayal of the lead female character Elle and the actual writing, witch was atrocious.

I'll elaborate.
Both men and women tend to be misunderstood and underestimated be
Candace
I thoroughly enjoyed this unconventional love story. Nero and Elle have captured a special piece of my heart. Their story was sweet and, at times, full of teenage melodramatics. Nonetheless, I devoured it.

Much like the characters from 'Fallen Crest High', these young characters seemed to be much older. I had to keep reminding myself that this story was set in high school, because the power and resources that Nero and his friends wielded was tremendous. In that regard, it was a bit unbelievable,
Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful)
Jul 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of OTT teenage drama queens, hot alpha males, funny dialogue, likable characters
TOP 3 WAYS Nero IS LIKE LINDSAY LOHAN.

description

#3. Teenage Drama Queen Much?

In the beginning, Nero is quite the teenage drama queen, as Elle and her BFF Chloe are repeatedly beaten and bullied by the richest, most popular kids in school:

“ 'I have a mess.' Cassandra pushed Elle’s plate off the table. Then, her high-pitched voice screeched, 'Clean it up, waitress.'
The cafeteria grew silent. That word waitress made Elle’s skin crawl, and yet it might as well be her birth name here as far as they were concer
Valentina "TinchyB"
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
10 STARS! 10!

If you don't know me by now,I must tell you that I love my men mad ass possessive and batshit crazy! In books, too...
And when they are strong,sexy and protective,just like our hero in this one,we have a winner!

description

I really,really love this book!
I love how two main characters work together,and most of all,his crazy possessiveness!
And he's son of the capo di tutti capi...can a girl ask for more?

Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Basically a reverse bullying story!

Elle is witness to a Mafia murder by a boss, an underboss, and another made man. They only find out later after seeing the tapes of the alley where it took place, that she was present and are not sure what she saw or heard, but they have a mob law against killing kids and she is still only seventeen.

So the Boss gives his son Nero the job of finding out what Elle knows before her eighteenth birthday and if he does a good job, he will be a “Made” man. Nero is ba
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

"I think killing is way too fucking easy."

[image error]

I enjoyed this well written debut novel that told the tale of two high school seniors who are brutally bullied at Legacy Prep school and only have each other in this caddy school. Elle and Chloe have each other’s back and never rat. Sadly, the bullying aspect of the story was hard to stomach but the girls’ bond was pure and strong.

Elle witnesses a mob hit outside her place of employment that draws the attention of the heads of the Caru
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Hmm I Still Like It Enough*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Second re-read:
The book centers around Elle ‘Elle-Bell’ Buchanan (17, turns 18) and Nero Caruso (18), who was basically the king of Legacy Prep. When Elle witnesses a murder, the Boss sends his son to find out exactly what she saw. To do that, he has to get close to her. Little did Nero know that there's more to Elle than meets the eye. Elle is hard to get to open up as she's been bullied for over three years, more bullied than necessary in order to p
Alpha Possessive Heroes
4.5

Holly Nero this was good! Alpha hero with a weak/abused heroine? I gobbled this shit up and I know what you all thinking..

description

For me this book is quite typical.. Hero is popular, hot, rich.. blah, blah! Heroine is weak, poor and thinks she's plain.. yada, yada!

Same old clichéd theme that we probably read like 13242735 times but something about NERO that really hooked me til' the end! H/h are in their 18ish.. so this book is YA genre but with a glorified sexuality.. Am I making sense? No? Ok.

I g
Rag
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 'Strawberry' Stars

photo image_zps2dhtj87c.jpg

Elle has one friend, and one friend only, Chloe. Elle puts up a part time job to pay off tuition, sucks up the bitches bullying, and always been the target because she doesn't let anyone or anything get close to Chloe. She's a true friend. One night Elle was taking out the garbage at work when she heard something in the ally. She hid behind the garbage can. She witnessed a man getting killed. Shocked and scared she so ran for her safety after they've disappeared. Turned o
Arena♡
First read: June 5

Re-read: August 25

Re-re-read: September 12

Re-re-re read: September 21
I'm bored out of my mind

❖❖❖❖❖❖

Re-re-read: September 12:
As much as I loved Nero's protective and possessive side, I hated the way he talked about other girls. Though, I do appreciate that he wasn't with any other girl after he started pursuing Elle.

❖❖❖❖❖❖

Initial Review:

Okayyy, so my initial rating had been 5 stars but now that I've read this book again, there were some things that bothered me. a lot. I thi
Michelle
3.5 Stars
This book was so unbelievable but for some reason I just kept right on reading it. lol I had to see what these high school mafia men were going to do.

Elle is bullied at school. Shes been through hell for almost 4 years. She stays at the prep school because of her best friend Chloe. She has to protect her. She does everything at school to take most of the abuse away from Chloe. Elle and Chloe only have each other at school. Nobody will go up against the popular kids and try and help her
Didi
DNF @ 56%

I was almost positive I'd love this book. Lots of my friends have and it did sound intriguing. However, it was nothing like I'd expected and it was difficult even attempting to finish. Nero was completely unbelievable as an 18 year old son of a mob boss. He was almost over-the-top, acting and speaking like an older man cut down to fit into a YA plot line. His commanding tendency with Elle verged on abusive at times. These people are in high school for God's sake! Yet he made promises th
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
Phew!!!! I'm still very emotional.....

I feel so much joy because i started this book and i didn't regret it not once... But at the same time i feel sad not only because the development of this story but also because it just finished....
And now what??? What i would do without my Elle and my Nero???

Oh, guys!!!! I have to admit it!!!!
This book became one of my favorites and i'm a little obsessed with it!!!!
I couldn't help it!!! If you'll read it, you will understand me!!!
Also, i have to make i
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
This book is odd. It's like a diet YA version of the mafia genre. But it's not the diet where you think you don't even notice the lack of sugar, no, this is like one of those rice cakes that tastes like styrofoam and eating it you realize that you rather die from an overdose of lard than eat another styrofoam bite.

Elle is a poor high schooler going to a fancy prep school and she witnesses a murder by some mob guys. The boss wants to know if she saw them, so he sends his son, Nero, also a senior
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
"Elle was dreading lunch. The students hadn’t been able to pick on her and Chloe since the last day before break, which meant they were all going to let out their pent-up aggression on them. God help them."

It was all just so absurd. And I mean REALLY absurd and yet I didn't care. The book took me on a ride and i enjoyed every single minute of it!!!!! AMAZING! Absolutly LOVED it!

I won't go into detail, because it inevitably involves spoilers for those who may wish to try this story.... If you lov
Beatrice Masaluñga
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-adult
I'm in the mood to read for a mafia romance books and this has been on my kindle for years. Originally, this is one of my entries in smutathon but I wasn't able to finish it due to my busy schedule. It's also my first Sarah Brianne novel.

Trigger warning: Bullying, Violence, Abuse

Nero reminds me of Inferno by Catherine Doyle and Paper Princess by Erin Watt. A mafia themed book loaded with drama and cliques. The story is about Elle Buchanan. She's a senior high school student at Legacy Prep. High
Rheeza
**4.5 stars**

“I was never supposed to fall in love with her but it was the best mistake of my life.”

Damn, that was good!

It was exactly what I needed! I was hooked immediately and I couldn’t put it down!

I know, it was a bit unrealistic but I didn’t care. I enjoyed every single minute of it!

Elle

She’s fiercely loyal and has a strong sense of endurance. The things she suffered and willingly bears to protect her friend, Chloe is so admirable.

Nero Caruso

He’s protective, dangerous and cap
• Jodi Bibliophile •
I absolutely fucking loved the fuck out of it!
Lindsay

Nero was perfection in fictional form. And more than that, he is perfect for me. I don't make that statement lightly. I'm going to go out on a limb here (and probably get tar & feathered for it) but for me, the way people talk about Kristen Ashley's heroes, Nero was all of them rolled into one...with none of the irritating issues I have with KA's guys. He was absolute perfection. I've had book heroes that I've loved before, and some that I've joked about wishing were real, but seriously, if I ha
Emily
Elle is used to keeping secrets, she has for three and a half year thanks to Legacy Prep school. A senior now, Elle has only one thread holding her to the school, her best friend Chloe. Bullied, taunted, and perfecting a way to just get through one more day, Elle holds her head up high and protects Chloe day in day out. Elle works everyday as a waitress to continue to pay her way through school, lord knows she can't get help from anywhere else. When Elle witnesses a murder though she knows her t ...more
Ashleyjo
Apr 01, 2016 rated it liked it

Bully, Bully, Bully, & More Bully

Elle, the FMC, and her BFF, Chloe, are high school outcasts. They only know two things- being bullied or being ignored for four years.

We're told that Chloe is a beauty with scars on her face and can't stand to be touched by anyone, but readers are unsure exactly what happened or why these two are bullied by EVERYONE. Elle is basically Chloe's armor, taking on all the bullying for her unstable friend who hides behind her.

The me
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

Let me start by saying I finished this in one read, and enjoyed the writing very much however had a lot of issues with the story altogether.

Elle, our heroine is 17 goes to this rich up the ass prep school that she hates. She gets beaten, bullied, made fun of on a daily basis. And when I say "beaten" I do not mean it lightly.. she has had numerous stitches, probably broken bones and all. On top of it, she is on a scholarship at the prep school, where she also has to work at this diner every nigh
Susanne
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 60 percent.

There are several reasons why I'm DNF-ing this book.

1. I didn't attach to the main characters.

2. The book felt grey to me. I don't know if they mentioned the weather but in my head it was cloudy, windy and grey.

3. Half of the book took place between lessons. It's not that exciting.

4. It romanticized mans chauvinistic stereotypes. Nero's friend wouldn't allow his sister to be out dancing but he could sleep around. And I got the feeling that this was something we should like.

Lisa Filipe
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a Fun and Wild Ride! NERO is a debut New Adult Romance by Sarah Brianne, and what a debut it is! The Made Men or Soon to be, Nero, Amo and Vincent are friggin so adorable...If I wasn't a mother of two, I might go couger for these boys!

Nero and Elle have a story unlike any I have read. It might not be the prettiest start to a romance but it certainly was fun to watch.

I am DYING to know who Sarah will set Elle's friend Chloe up with, Amo or Lucca...I can't wait for the next Made Men installm
~♡AB♡~
3.5 Stars, this is going to be an addictive series - it felt very old school New Adult, I liked it :)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Ok, you gotta weed through a terrible beginning to this story to get to the good stuff. I was actually on the verge of quitting until I read a few reviews that mentioned the longer they read it, the more they got hooked. So I kept on and I got just as hooked.

What made the beginning of the book so bad in my opinion, was Nero. I thought he was a douche and I had no interest in him as the male lead. I can honestly say my opinion took a complete 180.

I don't remember how far into the book, but it wa
Cheating or OW/OM 3 109 Aug 31, 2015 03:00AM
Loved this book. 1 29 Aug 04, 2015 12:32PM
Books like this 2 162 Mar 10, 2015 06:59PM
*spoiler* Chloe 8 240 Nov 18, 2014 12:02AM
next book 3 87 Nov 17, 2014 11:59PM

• Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #3)
  • Bound by Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #2)
  • Bound by Temptation (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #4)
  • Dominic (Slater Brothers, #1)
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles, #3)
  • Twisted Loyalties (The Camorra Chronicles, #1)
  • Ruthless People (Ruthless People, #1)
  • Lucian (Filthy Marcellos #1)
  • Bound by Vengeance (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles #5)
  • Dama Paxtona
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles, #2)
  • Serce gangstera (Gangsterzy, #1)
  • Fear Me (Broken Love, #1)
  • Rhys
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Bound by Love (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #6)
Hey! My name is Sarah Brianne and after living for twenty-two years the characters in my head told me enough was enough and I have finally put pen to paper (or is it finger to keyboard?) to tell their stories. Since I was a little girl I have watched every chick flick I could get my hands on, then when I became older I discovered a whole new world of romance novels. To me there is nothing better t ...more

Made Men (8 books)