Start by marking “Nero (Made Men, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nero (Made Men, #1)

Nero

(Made Men #1)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  18,550 ratings  ·  1,245 reviews
Nero is the king of Legacy Prep, living a life of power.
Elle is the school’s punching bag, living a life of fear.
The only good girls Nero knows jump in his bed when he tells them to.
The closest Elle has come to a bad boy like him is in the cafeteria line.
The mob boss gave him orders to find out what she knows.
Her mouth is sealed.

I just want to be a fu**ing made man.
I’m jus
Published June 27th 2014 by Young Ink Press (first published June 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Nero, please sign up.
Natasha Mahadeo Yes but not you usual high school book. Trust this is an awesome book 10/10 book. Happy reading.....

·  18,550 ratings  ·  1,245 reviews

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
DNF at 21 %

Whelp, it's a good thing one of my New Year's Resolutions was not "finish every book I start."

Spoiler: I will NEVER make that resolution.
Because my personal thoughts on DNF-ing?

Make it rain, bitches.

description

I totally understand that sometimes the best books are ones that took time to get into and that the most fulfilling ending in those instances is to push through and blah, blah, blah.

However.

When you are balls deep in the story (20% suffices as the definition of balls deep in my opinion,
Christy
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christy by: Jennifer Kyle

photo 7d0a737f-11c4-48c7-84a0-886bae7e2c08_zpsmgok8dkz.jpg

Nero is one of those guilty pleasure books. It’s a book that is fairly unrealistic and I couldn’t help but love it. Why? Because the enjoyment factor was crazy high. I didn’t want to put it down and it was highly entertaining.

Elle is a senior in high school. She has been bullied most of the 4 years she’s been there, even more so because she protects her best friend Chloe, taking more of the bullying than she should. To supplement her scholarship to Legacy Prep, Elle works at a diner a
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

1x Arrogant, manwhore and possessive type hero
1x Shy and loyal wallflower, who is also best friend to the heroine
2x Loyal, hot mates for the hero
1x Bitch of a nemesis for the heroine
A haggle of robotic blonde drones who follow the nemesis around.
Common sense (optional)

Every once in a while, I stumble upon these "little gems of crazy" and this is one such book. And by tha
Ivie ✩Born to Magic-Forced to Muggle✩
I am not going to trash this novel because of it's classic cliche YA theme. Usually if i stumble upon a story that is juvenile i just pass it off as bubblegum high school drama and leave it at that. Suffice to say, this is a book written by young girlies, for young girlies.

This book however has two things that annoyed me to hell. Portrayal of the lead female character Elle and the actual writing, witch was atrocious.

I'll elaborate.
Both men and women tend to be misunderstood and underestimated be
Candace
I thoroughly enjoyed this unconventional love story. Nero and Elle have captured a special piece of my heart. Their story was sweet and, at times, full of teenage melodramatics. Nonetheless, I devoured it.

Much like the characters from 'Fallen Crest High', these young characters seemed to be much older. I had to keep reminding myself that this story was set in high school, because the power and resources that Nero and his friends wielded was tremendous. In that regard, it was a bit unbelievable,
Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful)
Jul 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of OTT teenage drama queens, hot alpha males, funny dialogue, likable characters
TOP 3 WAYS Nero IS LIKE LINDSAY LOHAN.

description

#3. Teenage Drama Queen Much?

In the beginning, Nero is quite the teenage drama queen, as Elle and her BFF Chloe are repeatedly beaten and bullied by the richest, most popular kids in school:

“ 'I have a mess.' Cassandra pushed Elle’s plate off the table. Then, her high-pitched voice screeched, 'Clean it up, waitress.'
The cafeteria grew silent. That word waitress made Elle’s skin crawl, and yet it might as well be her birth name here as far as they were concer
Valentina "TinchyB"
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
10 STARS! 10!

If you don't know me by now,I must tell you that I love my men mad ass possessive and batshit crazy! In books, too...
And when they are strong,sexy and protective,just like our hero in this one,we have a winner!

description

I really,really love this book!
I love how two main characters work together,and most of all,his crazy possessiveness!
And he's son of the capo di tutti capi...can a girl ask for more?

Jennifer Kyle
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

"I think killing is way too fucking easy."

description

I enjoyed this well written debut novel that told the tale of two high school seniors who are brutally bullied at Legacy Prep school and only have each other in this caddy school. Elle and Chloe have each other’s back and never rat. Sadly, the bullying aspect of the story was hard to stomach but the girls’ bond was pure and strong.

Elle witnesses a mob hit outside her place of employment that draws the attention of the heads of the Caruso crime family
Jeanine
Ten reasons this book made me go WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:

1. The h witnesses a murder and loses one (Yes one. Een. Uno. Un. Eins. Um. Isa. En. Unu. Jedan. Vienas. ONE) nights sleep over it.

2. The h goes to a high school were she is regularly attacked and left in a beaten bloody pulp, once her arm is even broken and nothing happens. No teacher asks about the bloody girl lying on the floor. Her parents believe she gets black eyes and broken bones from playing soccer and says nothing? The staff at the
Ana O
Jun 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mafia, hell-to-the-no
Wow. Talk about a book with seriously messed up people who can't even function by themselves.

Nero is a creepy control freak and Elle is a pathetic heroine.

My message to Nero:

photo 357829_zpsxtw8jely.gif

My message to Elle:

photo z_zpsgb5s8lsd.gif

Done.
Alpha Possessive Heroes
4.5

Holly Nero this was good! Alpha hero with a weak/abused heroine? I gobbled this shit up and I know what you all thinking..

description

For me this book is quite typical.. Hero is popular, hot, rich.. blah, blah! Heroine is weak, poor and thinks she's plain.. yada, yada!

Same old clichéd theme that we probably read like 13242735 times but something about NERO that really hooked me til' the end! H/h are in their 18ish.. so this book is YA genre but with a glorified sexuality.. Am I making sense? No? Ok.

I g
Rag
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 'Strawberry' Stars

photo image_zps2dhtj87c.jpg

Elle has one friend, and one friend only, Chloe. Elle puts up a part time job to pay off tuition, sucks up the bitches bullying, and always been the target because she doesn't let anyone or anything get close to Chloe. She's a true friend. One night Elle was taking out the garbage at work when she heard something in the ally. She hid behind the garbage can. She witnessed a man getting killed. Shocked and scared she so ran for her safety after they've disappeared. Turned out
Michelle
3.5 Stars
This book was so unbelievable but for some reason I just kept right on reading it. lol I had to see what these high school mafia men were going to do.

Elle is bullied at school. Shes been through hell for almost 4 years. She stays at the prep school because of her best friend Chloe. She has to protect her. She does everything at school to take most of the abuse away from Chloe. Elle and Chloe only have each other at school. Nobody will go up against the popular kids and try and help her
Didi
DNF @ 56%

I was almost positive I'd love this book. Lots of my friends have and it did sound intriguing. However, it was nothing like I'd expected and it was difficult even attempting to finish. Nero was completely unbelievable as an 18 year old son of a mob boss. He was almost over-the-top, acting and speaking like an older man cut down to fit into a YA plot line. His commanding tendency with Elle verged on abusive at times. These people are in high school for God's sake! Yet he made promises th
NiCoLeTa E.
Phew!!!! I'm still very emotional.....

I feel so much joy because i started this book and i didn't regret it not once... But at the same time i feel sad not only because the development of this story but also because it just finished....
And now what??? What i would do without my Elle and my Nero???

Oh, guys!!!! I have to admit it!!!!
This book became one of my favorites and i'm a little obsessed with it!!!!
I couldn't help it!!! If you'll read it, you will understand me!!!
Also, i have to make it
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Re-read: 20.04.2016
Still awesome. I want more books like this. More boys like Nero. I love him!
“I will fight. I will torture. And I will kill in my line of work. I knew I would join the mob ever since I could remember, and you have to accept that because I am not giving you an option. It’s a part of me, just how you’re a part of me, but nothing—nothing—will ever come before you.
No one will ever fucking touch what’s mine and not pay for it.”

If getting on the ground is what keeps those good
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
This book is odd. It's like a diet YA version of the mafia genre. But it's not the diet where you think you don't even notice the lack of sugar, no, this is like one of those rice cakes that tastes like styrofoam and eating it you realize that you rather die from an overdose of lard than eat another styrofoam bite.

Elle is a poor high schooler going to a fancy prep school and she witnesses a murder by some mob guys. The boss wants to know if she saw them, so he sends his son, Nero, also a senior
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
I'm in the mood to read for a mafia romance books and this has been on my kindle for years. Originally, this is one of my entries in smutathon but I wasn't able to finish it due to my busy schedule. It's also my first Sarah Brianne novel.

Trigger warning: Bullying, Violence, Abuse

Nero reminds me of Inferno by Catherine Doyle and Paper Princess by Erin Watt. A mafia themed book loaded with drama and cliques. The story is about Elle Buchanan. She's a senior high school student at Legacy Prep. High
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
"Elle was dreading lunch. The students hadn’t been able to pick on her and Chloe since the last day before break, which meant they were all going to let out their pent-up aggression on them. God help them."

It was all just so absurd. And I mean REALLY absurd and yet I didn't care. The book took me on a ride and i enjoyed every single minute of it!!!!! AMAZING! Absolutly LOVED it!

I won't go into detail, because it inevitably involves spoilers for those who may wish to try this story.... If you lov
Lindsay

Nero was perfection in fictional form. And more than that, he is perfect for me. I don't make that statement lightly. I'm going to go out on a limb here (and probably get tar & feathered for it) but for me, the way people talk about Kristen Ashley's heroes, Nero was all of them rolled into one...with none of the irritating issues I have with KA's guys. He was absolute perfection. I've had book heroes that I've loved before, and some that I've joked about wishing were real, but seriously, if
rheeza
**4.5 stars**

“I was never supposed to fall in love with her but it was the best mistake of my life.”

Damn, that was good!

It was exactly what I needed! I was hooked immediately and I couldn’t put it down!

I know, it was a bit unrealistic but I didn’t care. I enjoyed every single minute of it!

Elle

She’s fiercely loyal and has a strong sense of endurance. The things she suffered and willingly bears to protect her friend, Chloe is so admirable.

Nero Caruso

He’s protective, dangerous and captivating
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

Let me start by saying I finished this in one read, and enjoyed the writing very much however had a lot of issues with the story altogether.

Elle, our heroine is 17 goes to this rich up the ass prep school that she hates. She gets beaten, bullied, made fun of on a daily basis. And when I say "beaten" I do not mean it lightly.. she has had numerous stitches, probably broken bones and all. On top of it, she is on a scholarship at the prep school, where she also has to work at this diner every nigh
Emily
Elle is used to keeping secrets, she has for three and a half year thanks to Legacy Prep school. A senior now, Elle has only one thread holding her to the school, her best friend Chloe. Bullied, taunted, and perfecting a way to just get through one more day, Elle holds her head up high and protects Chloe day in day out. Elle works everyday as a waitress to continue to pay her way through school, lord knows she can't get help from anywhere else. When Elle witnesses a murder though she knows her t ...more
Susanne
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 60 percent.

There are several reasons why I'm DNF-ing this book.

1. I didn't attach to the main characters.

2. The book felt grey to me. I don't know if they mentioned the weather but in my head it was cloudy, windy and grey.

3. Half of the book took place between lessons. It's not that exciting.

4. It romanticized mans chauvinistic stereotypes. Nero's friend wouldn't allow his sister to be out dancing but he could sleep around. And I got the feeling that this was something we should like.

Lisa Filipe
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a Fun and Wild Ride! NERO is a debut New Adult Romance by Sarah Brianne, and what a debut it is! The Made Men or Soon to be, Nero, Amo and Vincent are friggin so adorable...If I wasn't a mother of two, I might go couger for these boys!

Nero and Elle have a story unlike any I have read. It might not be the prettiest start to a romance but it certainly was fun to watch.

I am DYING to know who Sarah will set Elle's friend Chloe up with, Amo or Lucca...I can't wait for the next Made Men installm
Ashleyjo
Apr 01, 2016 rated it liked it

Bully, Bully, Bully, & More Bully

Elle, the FMC, and her BFF, Chloe, are high school outcasts. They only know two things- being bullied or being ignored for four years.

We're told that Chloe is a beauty with scars on her face and can't stand to be touched by anyone, but readers are unsure exactly what happened or why these two are bullied by EVERYONE. Elle is basically Chloe's armor, taking on all the bullying for her unstable friend who hides behind her.

The men
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
3.5 Stars, this is going to be an addictive series - it felt very old school New Adult, I liked it :)
Nikki
HOLY SH*T! I was told this was gonna be good, but DAMN it wasn't. It was fanfreakingtastic! I'm in love and I need more like RIGHT NOW! Ms. Brianne has got herself a new stalker fan! ;)

This book was so not what I was expecting. My buddy read partner read it and told me I had to read it. She said she found "her KA" (KA is my most favorite author) She said she found "her perfect book boyfriend" and that she was staking her claim and she even gave me back the rights to all the KA men she'd previous
Melissa
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 well deserved stars!

"I plan on making all your wishes come true"
"I have a lot of wishes," Elle teased.
"I think you're worth it."
- Nero

This is without a doubt one of the best books I read this year and will definitely be on my yearly favorites! Don't ask me why, although I will try to explain so in this review, but let me give you an idea of how I read this in one sitting:

description

This book starts off with Elle, a senior at Legacy Prep, an elite private high school, who's just started her last semester
Jacqueline's Reads
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
4 Nero Alpha Stars

I will admit I was intrigued with Nero because of the storyline. I love a mob boss kind of theme read and you throw in an alpha Hero, I’m all over that. There were a lot of high notes with Nero and despite the length (it was a tad bit too long for my taste), it was overall a pleasurable read.

Summary

Elle is a loser and only has one best friend, Chloe. Elle would do anything to protect Chloe, even if that means Elle gets beat up and teased instead of Chloe.

Nero is the alpha on ca
Cheating or OW/OM 3 102 Aug 31, 2015 03:00AM
Loved this book. 1 26 Aug 04, 2015 12:32PM
Books like this 2 159 Mar 10, 2015 06:59PM
*spoiler* Chloe 8 234 Nov 18, 2014 12:02AM
next book 3 87 Nov 17, 2014 11:59PM

• Josh & Hannah (Redwood Falls, #1)
  • Awakening the Mobster (Mobster, #2)
  • Nick and Lilac
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Sleepless Nights (Wrath MC, #1)
  • Crow (Boston Underworld, #1)
  • Sweet Destruction
  • The Devil's Revenge (The Devil's Eyes, #2)
  • Payment in Love
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
  • Make Me Crazy (Loco, Texas, #2)
  • Insufferable Proximity 2 (Insufferable Proximity, #2)
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Glass Cage
  • Giovanni (Filthy Marcellos #2)
  • The Order (Saletti Blood, #1)
  • Chaste (McCullough Mountain, #3)
  • Guardian Ranger (Shadow Agents, #2)
Hey! My name is Sarah Brianne and after living for twenty-two years the characters in my head told me enough was enough and I have finally put pen to paper (or is it finger to keyboard?) to tell their stories. Since I was a little girl I have watched every chick flick I could get my hands on, then when I became older I discovered a whole new world of romance novels. To me there is nothing better t ...more

Made Men (7 books)
  • Vincent (Made Men, #2)
  • Chloe (Made Men, #3)
  • Lucca (Made Men, #4)
  • Angel (Made Men, #5)
  • Drago (Made Men, #6)
  • Maria (Made Men, #7)
“At the beginning of the semester, when you asked who I loved the most, an image of my mother popped in my head. When you asked me who I loved the most for the second time, it wasn’t an image of my mother. Instead, it was replaced by an image of a strawberry blonde with big, blue eyes.
It took me a long time to figure out the exact moment I fell in love with her, partly because I denied that I did until it was too late.
I fucked up so badly and did so many things wrong, to the point of no return, so I let her go. The selfless part inside of me wants to say I did the right thing, and the selfish part of me thinks I made the biggest mistake of my life. I guess the selfless side won out because, every time I look at her and see what I did, I realize I don’t deserve her.
I was never supposed to fall in love with her, but that was the best mistake of my life. I will always love her; I have ever since I purposely bumped into her in the hallway.”
97 likes
“You need to stop questioning me. I’m the one with the dick, and the sooner you realize that, the easier this will be. Trust me, baby, you’ll start to like it that way.” 53 likes