Start by marking “From the Wreckage (From the Wreckage, #1)” as Want to Read:
From the Wreckage (From the Wreckage, #1)

From the Wreckage

(From the Wreckage #1)

“In a matter of minutes on a Friday night, I lost my school, my identity, the security of my first love, the personality of my sweet fearless brother, my best friend, my town, everything as I knew it. Everything changed.”

"Minutes - that’s all it takes to change your entire life. How do you deal with that?”

For high school senior Jules Blacklin surviving the storm is only
Published June 11th 2014 by Enchanted Ink Press

To ask other readers questions about From the Wreckage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From the Wreckage

Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
“One of these days, Jules Blacklin, I’m going to kiss you again, but it’s going to be when you’re mine.” He moves this thumb from her jaw to swipe across her bottom lip and locks his gaze with hers as he adds, “Because when I start kissing these lips, I don’t want to know he gets to kiss them after me.”
***

One night is all it took to change Jules life forever. After emerging from the debris that was her shelter during the storm, Jules is overcome with emotion and grief. But there is one person
Shannon Moore
For what it is, I liked this book. I enjoyed the plot, but found some issues with the way it was written/the narration. There are times that it jumps from past to present to Jules telling her story to living the story and back again. There are times when these changes aren't specified and it's confusing, to say the least.

A big thing that bothered me too was that apparently Jules lost her memory of the night of the storm, but it was just mentioned so offhandedly. One second everyone was talking,
Deanna
Mar 18, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1.5 / 5 stars

I think it's safe to say that books with plots that revolve around huge storms (like tornados) are usually either a hit or a miss for me. Magnolia by Kristi Cook was a great book that helped explain how terrifying storms could be. As a person who has been born and raised in Southern California for almost all of my life, the only terrifying natural disaster we have to worry about are Earthquakes due to the fault lines. And even then, we don't get that many depending on location.

So
Annie Brewer
***4.5 stars!***

Amazing!!! Such an intense and heartbreaking, yet hopeful story! I devoured this book with a quickness. And I'm so glad there are two more books. I can't wait to continue Jules and Wests' journey. They were beautiful characters from the start and their connection to each other warmed my heart. What a brilliant story!

BY THE WAY....THE FIRST BOOK IS FREEEEEEEEEEEE! And I'm not sure for how long...It's SO worth much more than that! But snatch it up! Get it here:

A Book Vacation
Jun 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To see my full review:

In the wake of the recent tornadoes touching down across the Midwest, perhaps the most prominent being those in Arkansas and Oklahoma, Miller creates a touching, poignant story that truly captures the fear, panic, loss, and ultimate renewal that comes from the destruction of Mother Nature’s ferocity. Told through the memories of survivor Jules Blacklin as she relates her story for a video memorial, readers are brought into her persona
Golshid Sheikhnia
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
(view spoiler) ...more
Abby
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
“From the Wreckage” follows high school senior Jules Blacklin as and after she survives a major tornado that tears through her tiny town in Texas. The tornado is deadly, killing many people in her town and leaving even more paralyzed with traumatic memories and fear. In a matter of an hour, Jules lost her best friend, her brother’s happy-go-lucky personality, and her school—everything she’s ever known.

I knew this book could fall down a cheesy path, and fall down a cheesy path it did. I found the
Alicia Huxtable
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A story about a town hit by a freak tornado and how one particular girl has an epiphany about her life and how she feels about people around her.
Jules is a high school cheerleader dating the school's quarter back Stewart. But when a tornado his after one of their games Jules is trapped in am abandoned house with a handful of others and West......a guy Jules had known for years. Afterwards when the body count is done and the town starts to clean up, Jules is left to question her relationships.
I
Joan
Dnf at 56%. I found the constant 'flashbacks' in present tense too confusing. The 'drama' dragged out a little too long for me and after the main scene at the 14% mark, there was not really much conflict to keep me interested.
Shayna Varadeaux
Wow... just wow.

Michele!
I NEED to read Out Of Ruins like now!

From The Wreckage is an amazing story of friendship, loyalty, love and loss. Dealing with grief, guilt, serious decisions and so much more. You should get your copy now, while it's free. Though I'd pay $20 easy for this epic read!!!

This book sucks you in, no pun intended and hangs onto you. You wanna talk about lost? I was so lost in this book I ignored everyone for hours to read it! Between meals and life it only took me one day to
Melissa Cheslog
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book will grab at your heart. Set in Texas the land of football and cheerleaders it is also just right for the perfect storm of sorts. Jules and her friends are getting excited to start their senior year of high school when a tornado rips through their town. The cast of characters are composed of unique and developed individuals that are caught in this sudden moment. Stuart is the football star you will love to hate. Tanya and Katie are the best friends you remember having yourself. West is ...more
Britt
4.75 stars—1/4 star deducted because I feel like the love triangle was unnecessary, but shhh! Onto the rest of the review!
Wow, okay, so I was not expecting to fall in love with this book, but it did a damn good job of sucking me in. Fuck.
When I first started this book, judging by the summary and the first few chapters, I was expecting it to fall maybe around the 3-star range. I kinda figured that the obstacle Jules (our MC) would have to overcome would be like, a divorce or a parental death (see
Justine
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review.
OMG! I loved this book, it had me laughing, crying and feeling the love. This was a quick read that held my attention, allowing me to fly through it in a few hours. I loved how raw the story was and how i'm sure a lot of people can relate to it.I liked how Jules told her story through video trying to cope with the tragedy. Michele G. Miller is a genius for writing it that way, it just makes everything more real.
I loved
Emily Mcnew
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. The writer did a fantastic job of catching the emotions of fear, grief, and love and how lives are forever changed after a natural disaster. I definitely recommend this book and I am looking forward to book two.
xzzzx
Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, english
2.5/5

It had a slow start but picked up really fast with the tornado. I was a bit bored by the end but would still consider reading the sequel. Overall it was pretty good.
Ruth
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fav-s
Awesome!
Can't express my feeling....
Kristy
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-reads
I enjoyed this book and love West!
A.D. McCammon
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You had me at the Buffy reference, but there wasn’t anything I didn’t love about this story. There’s heart, humor, and so many swoon worthy moments.
Danielle Young
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One night. One moment. One storm. That's what it takes to change Jules Blacklin's life forever. In one single moment everything about her life changes and now she has to fight to rediscover who she is and how to live this new life.

Let me give you one word for From the Wreckage... Beautiful. No, beautiful is not the right word. It needs a better word... elegant, graceful, delicate. Yes. It is all those things and more. From the Wreckage is... beauty, hope, and love.

The story is stunning. Michel
Hannah Gregory
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From The Wreckage was a heartbreaking story that captured me from the very start. Jules Blacklin the main character tells her memories of living through a tornado in a video memorial. We don't have much time to get to know the main characters before the tornado hits but Miller makes them immediately likeable so I want them to survive and when one of them doesn't I cried a lot. The actual tornado scenes were extremely well written. I have never been involved in anything like it but I really felt ...more
Jenna
Dec 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book overall but some of the conversation was awkward for me and I honestly thought more would happen with the story. I liked the characters even though they were mostly cliches. I've always enjoyed books with a lot of high school drama because it's fun to read and all.

The story switches back and forth from the present to the main character, Jules, telling the story of what happened and her experience and love life. Yes, this is definitely a love story. There is tragedy and drama bu
Eren
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this novel from the author, as soon as I read the synopsis, I asked her for it! I had to read it. This one is scheduled to come out later this month.

Being from the Midwest, where there is never a shortage of severe storms and tornadoes, I was easily sucking into this novel. This felt more to me like a journal than a novel. It was very raw and personal.

Your typical Texas town, on a hot, muggy, summer day. Kids hanging out where they always do, seems perfect. Almost too perfect. That perfec
Kira
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so in love with this story!!

I have a habit of browsing Amazon's "free kindle book" list every once in a while to see what is out there. I picked this book up because the story sounded so different from all the other "Rich guy pays poor girl to marry him" books that were available. I love a good story, especially one I can relate to. This was definitely one of those stories!

I fell in love with this book by chapter two. The author creates a story so real I felt like I was there living it with
Emily
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What the fuck was that ending?! Seriously. Grrr.

Full review to come!

_________________

I was really in the mood for a quick, cute contemporary & this book definitely delivered! The writing style was quite simplistic but this made for a pacy, addictive read & it was a nice change to read a plot focused book rather than an intense character driven one - which I tend to prefer. I also really liked the fact that the story had some backbone - it was loosely centred around a real life event &am
Caitlyn
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the very first word, I was hooked. The story starts off with perfection. The perfect small town with the perfect popular kids hanging out at their usual perfect spot. Then, disaster strikes and everything changed.

This book had me clinging to every word. I wanted to know what happened next. Would Jules get her memory of what happened that night back? What would she think if she did? When would she finally end up with West, the major hottie who has had a crush on her since middle school?

I a
Amanda Davis
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first I was caught off guard by it being written in present tense, but taking place in the past. The style of the writing isn't something I'm typically accustomed to, but once I got going I pretty much got used to it. It's just rare to find a book written in this format. It's not at all a bad thing; just different and could be slightly confusing if you aren't accustomed to it.

Sometimes the relationship between West and Jules annoyed me because he kind of drove me crazy at times. It wasn't a b
Megan
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First Thoughts:
Tragic yet full of hope, those are the first two words that come to mind when I think of this book. This is a fantastic coming of age novel that has a sad history attached to it, a devastating event that would turn even the oldest and wisest person’s world upside down.

The Story:
This is a story about Jules, a typical teenage girl who is dealt a a blow that shatters her world as she knew it, her perseverance and ability to go forward is astounding. Her ability to not give up is i
Cinderella2shoes Wenger
This story experience was amazing. The author uses strong character development to have the readers fall in love with her characters. She also links the story with every day elements, such as movies, television shows, and music we all know and love. This gives the reader more of a 3D experience as they enjoy the book. The author has the talent to freeze a moment in time as the teens experience Mother Nature’s direct hit. The book is well written. The story focuses on true friendship in a time of ...more
Valery
Oct 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
Needs to go back to the drawing board.

I really try to give books a shot, but I seriously don't understand the high ratings in this book.
From the terrible pov shifts, to the wierd tenses and over descriptiveness, this story sinks like a rock.
I wanted to put it down after the first chapter because of the lewd and vulgar characters. Even worse, the snobby, "I need to be pitied, focus only on me" garbage really cheesed me off.
Jules is a spoiled brat. Period. And the whole cliche cheerleader/ bad bo
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
I don't even know where to begin with talking about this story. I opened my Kindle and started reading From the Wreckage at 6pm and didn't stop until I was finished. Then I grabbed a drink and started on book 2: Out of Ruins.

This book will pull you in and make sure you are unable to see to any of your daily obligations. Do the kids need to eat or laundry need washed? Too bad. Your eyes will be immersed in the small Texas town of Tyler and its story.

Miller has written characters that I connecte
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Update Cover - From The Wreckage 2 14 Oct 20, 2016 08:35PM
Young Adult Book ...: Free on Amazon! 2 19 Aug 02, 2014 12:49PM
*Addiction to YA ...: Free 1 12 Jul 17, 2014 12:46PM
♥ Young Adult and...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Free 1 6 Jul 17, 2014 12:44PM
Teen Books: FREEBIE 1 18 Jul 17, 2014 12:36PM
YA & NA Romance ♥: FREE! 1 16 Jul 17, 2014 12:29PM

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Pieces of Camden
  • What Lies Between (Where One Goes, #2)
  • Down to You (Sixth Street Bands, #5)
  • Chaos (Unhinged, #3)
  • Certainty
  • Path of Destruction (Broken Heartland, #2)
  • Paper Planes and Other Things We Lost (Paper Planes, #1)
  • Time's Forbidden Flower (Forbidden Flower, #2)
  • Home is Where You Are (A Home Novel, #1)
  • Just Your Average Geek
  • Ember (Faylinn, #2)
  • His Heart
  • First Kiss (Heavy Influence, #1)
  • Next to Me (Wheeler Brothers, #1)
  • Where There's Smoke (Jameson Sisters, #1)
  • Forgotten Promises (Promises, #2)
  • Torn (Torn Heart, #1)