Start by marking “Rescue One (Rescue One #2)” as Want to Read:
Rescue One (Rescue One #2)

Rescue One (Rescue One #2)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
When a routine mission takes an unexpected turn for the worse, Mission Commander Swain and his team are forced to embark on an urgent journey to treat a pandemic on a distant planet undergoing human colonization. Racing across the galaxy, they discover the pandemic vaccine is more than it appears, containing experimental technology that could start a galactic conflict. As ...more
Published June 27th 2014 by Page Up Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rescue One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescue One

Gabriel Boutros
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, thriller
Rescue one is a solid action story about the crew of a small space ship that is charged to deliver a vaccine to a distant planet; of course, not everybody wants them to succeed on their mission. It will have a certain ring of familiarity to most sci-fi fans, with the easy camaraderie between the captain and the crew that mans the ship’s flight deck, but the story and characters are distinctive, and author Gardner succeeds in making the archetypes his own.
He also doesn't overwhelm the reader wit
Diogenes Ruiz
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an action-packed sci-fi thrill ride that keeps you hooked. The writing is good and the characters are an interesting bunch. The author did a good job packing a lot into a small package. I'm not a big fan of multiple flashbacks, but it all worked, and once I accepted it as part of the overall build of this story, I was OK with it. It did help with character development, especially in short novel like this. Overall this was a fun read. This would work well as a movie - I'd buy a ticket to ...more
James Field
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
'Rescue One' is set in the not so distant future and follows the faster-than-light adventure of a space rescue team. What starts out as a difficult but successful rescue mission, ends as a seemingly routine assignment to save an entire planet. But the mission goes disastrously wrong. Caught in an age-old conflict between world governments and terrorists, the lives and destinies of entire planetary populations rely on the extraordinary courage and honesty of these brave, competent heroes.
In this
Bill Leviathan
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rescue One is a Sci-Fi adventure that follows the crew of a rescue ship shortly after the discovery of faster-than-light travel. It takes place in a world that is still coming to grips with the awesome power and consequences of what FTL travel brings.

This book works as a pilot episode for what will be the Rescue One series. While aspects of the overarching world are discussed briefly, the story focuses on the ship’s small crew and their one mission. The ending sets up what is to come in the rest
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

Although I felt like I was missing some of the story, I did find this book really entertaining to read... even though it was especially short. I did find it a bit difficult to get to know all of the characters really well... but I did find it a really intriguing idea.

I would have preferred the present-day storyline to have been expanded and the flashbacks to have been minimised. Although there were
David Rose
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Deep space thrillride!

A tightly written SF thriller, and I do mean thriller - this kept me hooked for the several hours, almost a single sitting, in which I devoured this shortish novel. Make no mistake, short is not bad. It's relatively short (about 35k words) because it's so tightly written and well edited.

A dynamite package lands in the lap of commander Sam Swain and his flawed but feisty crew, and they must keep up with the different ways it bounces. Characterization is just one of the outs
Shannon Haddock
Jun 22, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked the story in this book, especially the twist at the end that caught me completely by surprise. Unfortunately, the writing style just didn’t really work for me. While there were some wonderful metaphors -- a particular favorite was “Tyrone had a face like an overloaded power relay on the verge of exploding.” -- most of the narrative was a bit dry, and sentences lacked complexity to the point that I felt like I was reading a YA book, which made the occasional obscenity rather jarring. The ...more
Zichao Deng
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great summer read - exciting with twists and turns, and satisfying enough to rush through in one sitting (I did). I'm not usually a huge sci-fi fan, but I really enjoyed this.

The plot is a little Space Odyssey/Aliens-esque... Seems like a regular space mission, until things start going wrong (in the future I think it's going to be obligatory to include one astronaut with concealed psychotic tendencies on every interstellar voyage).

The plot twists come so thick and fast that it's really
Brenna
Sep 01, 2016
Stuart Ridgway
Sep 21, 2014
Michael Gardner
Jun 16, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jul 22, 2014
Karen Siddall
Dec 27, 2015
Brittany
Dec 27, 2015

Follow this link to see my books on Amazon.

The marketing experts say an author needs a compelling biography. They say we should answer the following questions, because this is the information you, the reader, really want to know. Why do I write? How long have I been at it? What is my inspiration? Do I have a pet, is it cute, and what’s its name?

I write because I have a
More about Michael Gardner

Rescue One (2 books)
  • Breaking Point (Rescue One #1)