Start by marking “The Highlander's Stolen Heart (Macinnes Sisters Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
The Highlander's Stolen Heart (Macinnes Sisters Trilogy #1)

The Highlander's Stolen Heart

(Macinnes Sisters Trilogy #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  649 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
From USA Today Bestselling author Donna Fletcher comes the first book in the Macinnes Sisters trilogy.

The three Macinnes sisters are well-known throughout the Highlands. Heather, the eldest, is known for her beauty and kindness. Patience, the middle sister, while attractive is known for her warrior skills. Emma, the youngest is plain-featured, her passion is knowledge. The
Published June 11th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Highlander's Stolen Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Highlander's Stolen Heart

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 1.5 Hearts :(
Cristina
Here's what bothered me: their insta-love. Now don't get me wrong -- I can understand insta-lust but I need more development before the lead characters are confessing their undying love for each other.
But was their love believable? Unfortunately, no. All they did was spent a couple of days together alone and bam it's like they can't live without each other.
I love me some highlander but this one was a miss for me.
Zoe
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
I thought about giving this book 3 stars, but no, that would not be fair for my 3 stars books. The 3 stars status is reserved for books that I actually liked but would probably not read again.

I cannot say that about this book. I love a highland romance and have read Donna Fletcher before. They never seem to catch much of my interest so it is possible that it is a style mismatch. At any rate it is not poorly written but I have issues with the heroine character, the plot development and, as many
Greentea
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: historicals
Just when I thought, I would be enjoying an authentic Highland romance... Well, it felt short in a lot of areas. The plot was all over the place, the lines were repetitive, and the romance was rushed.

I found it hard to feel the love of Emma and Rogan because their romance went too fast. They didn't spent too much time together when they first kissed for crying out loud. The romantic scenes that followed was a big blah since there was no solid foundation on why they kissed in the first place. It
Lidia
Jun 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Nice story but sometime too repetitive, frequently same lines and the plot is a bit lost.
Clarice
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heather has been taken by unknown warriors. Patience is on the trail to track down her sister. That leaves Emma to ride alone in the rainstorm to reach help from MacClenna keep, fetching the mighty warrior Rogan MacClenna, who is Heather's intended. Nothing must delay her, her sister's life depends on it. Emma is not only shocked by Rogan 's handsome features, but by his refusal to leave immediately once he learns that Heather has been abducted. Not willing to wait until Rogan is ready to search ...more
Rosemary Hughes
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I keep on saying that a really good book has a romantic theme, a hunk oh a Highlander and a feisty woman, so this book is sure to please. There is, however, more to offer, and that is a sinister presence within the background story, adding drama and intrigue to the tale. So, I believe you will be blown away by the plot of this book, and I look forward to the next book in the set.
I voluntarily submitted this review after reading an advanced copy of this book.
Maria
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Start To The Macinnes Sister's Trilogy

If I could give this 10 Stars, I would without hesitation! Rogan MacClennan and Emma Macinnes' story is such an exceptional start to Donna Fletcher's new Trilogy. Emma is the youngest of the Macinnes Sister. She is not as beautiful as her other two sisters, Patience and Heather. She feels she will never marry because she will never attract a man as her sisters do. She is on a journey with her sisters and their warriors to take Heather to wed for a
Lit. 4 Ladies
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: highlander
Link: http://lit4ladies.com/2014/08/27/mini...

Rating: 5 Teacups / 4 Handcuffs

Our thoughts:

Donna Fletcher is made of amazing! Even after more than 30 novels she proves she’s still got it. There is not one book she has written that we have not enjoyed. Thank you!

Please note: While the lovers, Rogan and Emma, find there HEA there is a narrative that will run through the remaining two novels of the trilogy. You are left hanging, but in a good way.

Of course we love to read about sisters who are close
Amber
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
As always with the starting book in one of Fletcher's series, it's fantastic. Very good at setting up the plot that will now span 2 more books and even better at creating characters that I could really fall for and cheer for as well.

I will admit, it DID lacked a strong conflict to bring the book to a climax near the end but as a big fan of Fletcher's series, it's what I expected. Instead of coming to a high stakes, climatic, on the edge of your seat moment, it's more like climbing a big hill on
Cherie
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
4.5

Ends in a cliff-hanger, have the second in the series nearby. I've put off reading it in anticipation of the third in the trilogy being released sometime next month. The wait, even though short, will be painful.

Donna Fletcher is a member of my short list of authors who cannot write fast enough for my voracious reading appetite. Her books are both appetizer and seven course meal.

How does she do it? The scenario is three sisters set out together, with warriors, to deliver the oldest, Heather, t
Asteropê
Probably more like 3.5, it's hard to truly gauge. I liked it, but there were times when it seemed repetitive. It's not a bad story, just don't expect a lot of variety or wow moments is all.

These things started to become repetitive to me -
1. The missing sister plot going nowhere, the same fears and thoughts expressed over and over. While some of it is understandable, it started to get boring in the middle and end.
2. The sex scenes - honestly, I thought there were too many of them. And when they
Wildwhuck
Sep 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
So you know how you start reading a book and have to go back to the title page to see if it is in fact the same author whose work you have read before. Yeah that was my experience with this book. I kept thinking is this the same author. Was I crazy to like their other work? Maybe I was having an off day on that other book. Especially since this book is newer work.

The instalove was ridiculous, maybe about 6 chapters in. The time in the cabin could have been more impactful but there was little set
Tracy Emro
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It has been too long since I last read a Donna Fletcher novel!! I really, really like her writing style.

I loved Rogan - he is almost perfect and I loved how he loved Emma. I liked that the I love you came early in this book - about the 1/2 mark vs the end of the book - I liked being able to see their love grow. And even though the love between them got a bit sappy and sickly sweet - the steamy love scenes kept my nausea at bay :) - I am still fanning myself - these two are hot!

Emma was a also a
Judy
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Highlander's Stolen Heart by Donna Fletcher
The Macinnes Sisters Trilogy Book One
Emma Macinnes is the youngest, most knowledgable, and plainest sister. She has accepted that she'll never know the love of a man or have her own family. She's content helping her clan with her knowledge of plants and the land—until she gets to know her sister Heather's intended.

Rogan MacClennan gave up marrying for love like his parents did and is resigned to do his duty. When his intended is kidnapped, he can't
Kimi Court
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how she does it. BUT she just created another series I am just going to love. If I could give her 6/7/8 stars I would. I waited to read this book because I knew it would go to fast for me and I would be stuck waiting for the next one. Tis cool I will do what I always do with her books, read them again and again till the next one comes out.

I loved the story line. Mystery, Kidnapping, Fighting, and in the mix a man and a woman fall in love. This plain woman, no one see's as anything
Julie
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a great Highland Romance. Rogan MacClennan is a fierce and mighty Highlander warrior who is betrothed to marry the oldest and prettiest of the Macinnes sisters, Heather. When she is kidnapped he finds himself in the company of her younger and much plainer sister Emma, a sister who at one time had been offered to him as a bride and he had refused. They both find them selves thrown together in a quest to find and rescue Heather. The story really becomes interesting then as Rogan realizes ...more
Cathy
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really love all of Donna Fletcher's books about highlanders and Scotland and this one is no exception.

This one is Emma and Rogan's story. Emma's sister, Heather, is intended for Rogan because she is the "beautiful" sister. None of the men around Emma give her a second glance because she is the "plain" one. After events happen which cause Rogan and Emma to spend some time together, Rogan sees Emma's beauty and intelligence and wants her for himself. The reason I love this story is because Rogan
Aishah Bukhari
The desperation to read the next installment of this trilogy is real right now. That frustrating last page where the author hasn't even reveal why did the Dark Dragon steal Heather away and what will happen to Heather is giving me the urge to shout intelligible nonsense to anyone who happens to cross paths with me right in this moment. Props to Donna Fletcher for coming up with this trilogy. I am now praying for the last two books in this trilogy to be released as soon as possible.

One thing that
Kat Green
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Emma's story

The character, Emma, is priceless! Hers is a wonderful story, woven like a tapestry. Scotland, romance, clashing personalities and intriguing plot twists. I very much enjoyed this story and am very thankful I have the next two books in the series that I will be able to read, one right after the other. Stubborn, hardheaded and opinionated, the characters are mixed with a touch of honesty, loyalty, and love. I would easily recommend to my friends, but I would also let them know that th
Terri James
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
A highlander story

There were several things I loved about this book. I loved the independence of Emma and how smart and strong she is. Rogan is a strong, loving warrior. The adventures and love between the two are great. Toward the end of the book there was a lot of repetition and the love scenes got a little unrealistic. I will have to read the next book to see what happens with Emma's sister, Patience.
Sandee
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ereader
I liked this story because I liked the characters. What actually happens in the story is very short and simple but the author fills it out with putting us in the characters minds to hear their thoughts about each other over and over again. So, I skipped many paragraphs and pages to get back to the story. But I liked the story - what there was of it.
Laura McKnight
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Good but not her best

I have read a lot of Donna's books and love them. This one started out good then the middle dragged. Very repetitive every 3 pages they were having sex again. It got boring. I am hoping Patience book will be better. Sorry I hate to give bad reviews
Sharon
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
This was an okay book but the ending left things hanging. I detest endings that leave things hanging like a marketing ploy to get you to buy the next book in the series.
Linda
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Downloaded from Instafreebie
Joanna
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love to see a heroine who is not made out to be the ultimate beauty. Strong and smart enough to stand on her own and the man realizes what she is. Great writing can't wait to read the next.
Dianna
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

This was a great highlander series! Great new author for me. She kept it interesting page after page. Passionate and sexy! Lovee! Buying the series.
Candy Briggs
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are three sister's, Patience, Heather and Emma MacInnes, who are going to meet Heather's intended. Patience is the warrior of the family and fair of face. Heather is the stunning and sweet, kind and mothering. Emma is plain and no man looks at her, but She is brilliant in " producing crops, preserving food, multiplying stock, containing illness and her studies with trees and foliage. They were not to be separated. They loved, supported and took care of each other. Rogan was tall, muscles r ...more
sandy forguson
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book and author the story keeps you moving and on edge characters rogue and Emma are great together along with the story would highly recommend the three book series as always Dona is very good st story telling 👍
Diane
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A new series by Donna Fletcher that is sure to become a favorite. The Macinnes sister's trilogy introduces us to the 3 Macinnes sisters...Heather, Patience, and Emma.

Ambushed on the way to meet Heather's betrothed the sister find themselves torn apart. Heather taken captive, Patience off to save her, and Emma on her way for help. When she arrives at the the MacClennan keep to find no one is willing to leave immediately to help her rescue her sister. In fact Rogan, Heather's betrothed, has her s
  • The MacLean Groom (Highland Lairds Trilogy, #1)
  • To Desire a Highlander (Scandalous Scots, #2)
  • Cameron (The Daughters Of Alastair MacDougall, #1)
  • An Oath Taken (The Oath Trilogy, #1)
  • Laird of Darkness
  • Fallen Angel
  • My Highland Spy (Highland Spies, #1)
  • The Wicked Ways of Alexander Kidd (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, #2)
  • Seducing the Highlander (The McTiernays, #5)
  • Hannah and the Highlander (Untamed Highlanders, #1)
  • Her Scottish Groom
  • Conquered by the Highlander (Conquered Bride, #1)
  • Highland Fling (Highland, #1)
  • A Rose In The Storm (Scottish Medieval, #2)
  • The Highlander Who Loved Me (The McKennas, #1)
  • Captured by a Laird (The Douglas Legacy, #1)
  • Highland Jewel (Highland Brides, #1)
  • Caelen's Wife: A Whisper of Fate (Clan McDunnah, #2)

Macinnes Sisters Trilogy (3 books)
  • Highlander's Rebellious Love (Macinnes Sisters Trilogy #2)
  • Highlander The Dark Dragon (Macinnes Sisters Trilogy #3)
“He wanted badly to tell her that he would never leave her that she belonged to him and always would, but that was not the truth. She did not belong to him. He” 0 likes
“He said the one thing that was the truth. “I love you, Emma, I will always love you.” 0 likes