Start by marking “Vacation is Murder (McKinley Mysteries, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vacation is Murder (McKinley Mysteries, #2)

Vacation is Murder

(McKinley Mysteries #2)

There's only so much relaxation two former detectives can handle—even if they're on their honeymoon. With their recent fall into money, Sean and Sara McKinley should be living it up, enjoying the sun and beaches of Cancun. But heading into their third week they've had just about enough lying around.

When the husband of a couple they've befriended is kidnapped and held for r
Published April 12th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Vacation is Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vacation is Murder

Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Will the McKinleys find Earl before he meets his demise?
Vacation is Murder by Carolyn Arnold is a sweet, romantic, thrilling adventure through Cancun’s great resorts to the seedier side of town and out to the temples. It is a fabulous story.

Sean and Sara McKinley
The McKinleys are on their honeymoon in Cancun. They are a great couple who are very much in love. Now that they are millionaires, it looks like they may also become targets for scam artists. It’s hard to keep a low profile when your pic
Sapphyria
Newlyweds Sean and Sarah McKinley are on their honeymoon in Cancun when they become unlikely friends with another couple. Catherine and Earl Spencer are in Cancun celebrating thirty years of marriage. Catherine is friendly and talkative, Earl is tight-lipped. Earl eventually confides in Sean about some personal problems and is kidnapped that same night. Sean and Sarah find themselves dabbling back into unofficial police work as they race to find the kidnapper.

Vacation is Murder is another short,
Paula Ratcliffe

This book follows former detectives Sara and Sean McKinley who are on their honeymoon in Cancun what they didn't count on is mystery following them. When the husband of a couple Sara and Sean meets goes missing it's up to Sara and Sean to find him. Who took Earl and why?

This book continues not far from where the previous one left off. It's full of sun and fun and mystery which always makes for a good mystery. This one was full of suspense and mystery which draws you in wanting to find out what h
Disney14604
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a good mystery while honeymooning. former cops get bored on old fashion long honeymoon.

Personally I found the honeymoon kind of sapped the characters of their personality from the first book. Just my humble opinion.

Figure book three should bring them back to 'normal' personality, hopefully.

I did read it in a few hours, so was relaxing after a couple hard days st the VA.
iDreem2

Sex 3.0 (chemistry) 🌟🌟🌟
Series 3.5 🌟🌟🌟💫
Vicky
May 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible. Constant "darling, dear, hon". Unrealistic all the way around. Many discrepancies. I will not bother with the rest of the series.
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, read-in-2019
Sara and Sean McKinley are now married and are in Cancun having a nice and relaxing honeymoon. Though Sean came into a substantial amount of money in book 1 and they are no longer detectives they somehow end up getting involved with a missing person case and it leads them on a chase into the jungle.

This was once again a short read, with mystery and a little romance.
Stephanie
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a good cozy mystery.
A cute cozy mystery for the summer! Carolyn Arnold's latest novella, Vacation is Murder, is a short read packed with an engaging mystery. Set in Cancun, main characters Sean and Sara work their way through a mystery and murder while on their honeymoon. There's action and romance, but it's kept on the softer side. I'm not a fan of romance novels, so I was glad that this side of it was intimated but not detailed. They are heavily sweet in dialog without a lot of stress or fight in their relationsh ...more
Mallowleef
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Note: Although the main characters of this novel are married, I do not recommend it to anyone who avoids reading stories that contain inappropriate content (kissing, how they feel when they do it, etc.). There are people whose religious beliefs have given them a deeper understanding of how sacred love is between two people who are married. So, it must be treated with respect and should not be within reach of an outsider's imagination. I had to mention that because I am one of them.

I enjoyed rea
Richard Hale
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading The Day Job is Murder, I was hooked on the McKinleys. I couldn’t wait for the next installment and now that I’ve read my ARC copy of Vacation is Murder, I need more!

Sean and Sara are enjoying a honeymoon that most would die for, but as the older couple they befriend drag them into a world of deceit, kidnapping and mayhem, they find that their old lives return with an unexpected benefit. They realize they miss the hunt and decide to dive headfirst into the mess and help.

I won’t say
Nancy Silk
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"When A Honeymoon and Murder Collide"

Author Carolyn Arnold is a very talented author, from her FBI investigative series to her lighthearted McKinley Mystery Series. Here, Sean and Sara McKinley, both once former detectives, have come into some money and want a pleasant vacation on the beach. Well, not exactly. It's their honeymoon they are celebrating on Cancun beaches. They've enjoyed two weeks there and are a little bored with the relaxation. It seems, however, wherever they go, they have a my
Katie Jennings
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed getting to know Sean and Sara in the first novella in this series, and couldn't wait to follow their story further in Vacation is Murder. This installment is set is gorgeous Cancun, Mexico, which gives the whole story an exotic feel that I really enjoyed. The couple is on their honeymoon, only to find themselves in the middle of a bizarre mystery of kidnapping, adultery, and murder. It seems that even though they left their jobs as detectives behind, murder has followed them. Even thou ...more
Sharon Thrasher
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well written

This one was better than the first one if that is possible. Liked the suspense and fun they are having.
Elisabeth
rated it did not like it
Dec 23, 2015
 Phyllis(Ginger) Heruska
Feb 20, 2018
Patricia Mccammon
Jun 21, 2019
CAROLYN ARNOLD is the international bestselling and award-winning author of the Madison Knight, Brandon Fisher, and McKinley Mystery series. She is the only author with POLICE PROCEDURALS RESPECTED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT™.

Carolyn was born in a small town, but that never kept her from dreaming big. On par with her large dreams is her overactive imagination that conjures up killers and cases to solve. S

McKinley Mysteries (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Day Job is Murder (McKinley Mysteries, #1)
  • Money is Murder (McKinley Mysteries, #3)
  • Politics is Murder (McKinley Mysteries, #4)
  • Family is Murder (McKinley Mysteries, #5)
  • Shopping is Murder (McKinley Mysteries, #6)
  • Christmas is Murder (McKinley Mysteries, #7)
  • Valentine's Day is Murder (McKinley Mysteries, #8)
  • Coffee is Murder (McKinley Mysteries, #9)
  • Skiing is Murder (McKinley Mysteries, #10)
  • Halloween is Murder (McKinley Mysteries, #11)