Start by marking “Charming the Beast (Purgatory, #3)” as Want to Read:
Charming the Beast (Purgatory, #3)

Charming the Beast

(Purgatory #3)

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Cynthia Eden spins a dark and sexy new paranormal romance tale…

He’s a man with a beast inside…

ebook, Kobo
Published October 23rd 2014 by self published

Leigh
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Charming the Beast was another enjoyable read in the Purgatory series. I loved Connor and Chloe, I thought they had great chemistry and I enjoyed their story. I'm looking forward to Eric's book.
Alex ♈
It didn't make me swoon...
but it made me roll my eyes.
Claire Robinson
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - "People are never who we actually think they are." Stars!

I think Cynthia Eden, is one of the most imaginative PNR authors that I have ever read. I honestly cannot think of a book, or series by this author in this genre that I haven’t been completely cock-a-hoop for.

Charming the Beast as well as the previous books in the Purgatory series is just another example of the extremely well thought out and completely engaging story-telling spell that this author manages to cast over her readers with
Jill
Aug 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Finished, but not as good as the previous in the series.
Review to come
Bube
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great story,incredible characters,scorching hot chemistry,all that is Charming the Beast!

Cynthia Eden always managed to deliver amazing stories who have your attention from the first till the last page,and this book again confirms all that :)

Amazing book! :)
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Charming the Beast by Cynthia Eden was absolutely amazing! This is the first book I've ever read by Cynthia Eden, and I have to say I'm seriously impressed. I also haven't read the previous books in this series, but was able to follow along easily with no issues. Eden clearly explains and gives you ample background on the characters as you advance in the story. I'd easily say you could read this as a standalone, but bet it would be even better if you read the series-which I plan to do;)

Connor a
Mara
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, pnr
This is my 26th novel by Ms Eden, and it shows. While I loved many of her books in the past, I found myself less than enthralled by the Purgatory series. I had the same problems with Charming the Beast that I had with Marked By The Vampire.

Namely, I couldn't really see how they fell in love. We don't have a mate bond, but it's giving me the same feeling of being cheated of a love story. They fell in love outside the story. You don't see them falling in love, you don't see their love, there was n
Jessica Frances
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved getting back into this world Eden has created. Werewolves, vampires and now to learn there are crossovers too. Conner and Chloe were both well matched and their chemistry just sizzled off the pages. This story had action, suspense, steamy hot scenes and a shock that rocked Conner and his brother, Duncan. A great addition to the series.
Cristina
I quickly lost interest with this one. Perhaps it wasn't the story but me. Anyhow, DNF.
Sandee
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ereader
I picked up the four books in this series at a good price. This is the third book. I was disappointed. The writing is good and the author does a good job of telling the story but it is the same story as far as the characters are concerned. The story of a set of characters is told in this series with each book focusing on one of the men in a team of paranormal FBI agents and his romance. But each book uses the same formula as the previous books. The names, places and action change but the romance ...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Read this review on Got Fiction? Book Blog

At the end of Marked By The Vampire, Chloe was shown to be in trouble. At the beginning of this book, she’s trying to escape her bodyguard. She just wants to be free for a few minutes.

But she can’t truly be free.

Her father is a senator and he wants power. Whether it’s normal or paranormal, he wants it. And he’s used Chloe to get it.

Chloe isn’t human. Her scent calls to wolves everywhere. And unfortunately that means they can track her anywhere, even to a
Claudia
Charming the Beast is the third book in Cynthia Eden's Purgatory series and deals with the aftermath of the second book. It can be read as a stand alone but reading the previous books helps in establishing the plot and the characters

Chloe is tired of being held as prisoner and runs away from her guards, who are also trying to protect her. Connor was assigned as one of those guards and hopes after this job, that he has settled his obligations and can leave the Para Unit.

there are a lto of twists
Farah
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books
I had a little Shane hangover but Connor worked his magic Now Connor was a total surprise I mean the guy was practically the villain in the first book but he sure cleans up nice *giggle* I didn't really like Chloe in the last book but she grew on me in this one. The intensity here wasn't the strongest but I did love Connor and Chloe together also that plot twist at the end was unexpected. Now I'm seriously looking forward to reading the last one .. I would love too see Eric fall on his mighty ...more
Kami
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Eric ruined this entire book for me
Anne Z.
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm in love with this series.
Although this was my least favorite of the 3 books so far it is still a solid 4 stars.
Connor was amazing.
Chloe is stupid rather often and that is where my point is gone...
I can't wait for Eric's book. He has so many secrets. Every now and than there are flashes of the guy he truly is. Looking forward to it.
Liz F
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.

I saw this book on NetGalley and thought it looked and sounded good. But I don't love starting a series in the middle (this is Book 3 of this author's Purgatory series) so I went and purchased Books 1 and 2. A little impulsive, sure. But definitely worth it! Charming the Beast, although not my favorite book in the series, was another great installment and I can't wait to read whatever this author has coming up next!

I wasn't all that sure that I
April Symes
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**I received this book from Netgalley for my honest review***

Charming the Beast’ is the third book in the Purgatory series .This story is about Connor Marrok and Chloe Quick. Connor has been thru so much in his life, literally been thru horrible things. Connor wants to make up for some of the bad things he did in his life and gets blackmailed to working for Eric Pate and his team.

Chloe hasn’t had the easy life- her father used her for his own experiments, what her father has done to her and made
JG
Charming the Beast is the third book in Cynthia Eden's Purgatory series. Although it can stand alone, reading the previous books helps in establishing the overarching plot of the series plus the leads, Connor and Chloe are featured in them as well adding depth to their personal histories. When the story starts, Chloe is running away from someone or something and she can't seem to escape them. Connor on the other hand was assigned to guard her and is simply tired of trying to fight off the bad gu ...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
This series has really taken off! I started at the second book but never really felt like I was lost or missed anything!!

Chloe is being guarded by Connor, a half vampire, half werewolf. They are running from safe house to safe house. No one really knows what she is after her father experimented on her & she killed him. Several werewolves are after her because of her scent. Connor protects her, but is drawn to her, especially after he bites her. Chloe just wants to be free.

This was a great de
Linda
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In the last book, Chloe (view spoiler) Now that shes an unknown kind of paranormal, shes under the protection of the Para Unit. Although Chloe feels its more like in jail, so she tries to run.
Connor is working of his debt to the Para Unit, this time baby sitting Chloe and trying to keep her safe with her shifter friendly scent. Not as easy as youd think, especially when an old foe returns for her..
PNR, smu
Katie
ARC Received via NetGalley

This series does not seem to lose its quality, each book is just as good as the previous/next.

There is only one thing about these books so far that I wish was different - (view spoiler)
Sheryl C. Nash
I confess that I haven't read the other 2 books in this series BUT with how much I LOVED this, I will DEFINITELY have to check them out!!! That Connor, he could be my beast ANYDAY *SMIRK*

*ARC courtesy of Netgalley and Hocus Pocus Publishing*
Avril
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pate. I need Pate's story now. And I'm gonna need that sucker to hurt!
Colleen Green
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this series. Nothing too serious, just a good fun read. Enjoy!
Michele bookloverforever
Chloe has lived the nightmare over and over again. Not even allowed to rest in peace after her father killed her. now she feels abandoned by her lover, unlovable and surrounded by evil.
DelAnne Frazee
ASIN: B00OV38DMO
Reviewed For NetGalley and Hocus Pocus Publishing
Reviewer: DelAnne
Rating: 4.5 Stars

He's a man with a beast inside...

Connor Marrok never intended to work for the Seattle Para Unit. He's not one of the good guys--he's a real monster, and the beast he carri
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: Charming the Beast
Series: Purgatory Book #3
Stand Alone Title: yes
Author: Cynthia Eden
Genre: Romance, Paranormal
Blurb: He’s a man with a beast inside…

Connor Marrok never intended to work for the Seattle Para Unit. He’s not one of the good guys—he’s a real monster, and the beast he carries doesn’t exactly play nicely. But now he finds himself being blackmailed into a new assignment. It’s supposed to be his last gig. His mission? Protect the beautiful Chloe Quick. Keep her alive. Destroy her
theBookWolf
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable read from this author! Her books are pretty predictable at times but they are always fun to read and I like to read her books right after I've read an emotional/angsty story.

I didn't read the first two books in this series and jumped straight to this one and I didn't feel lost or confused so this can definitely be read as a standalone even though the characters in the previous books do appear in this one and I guess the two main characters in this one were in the previous two
Tess
Mar 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mini-reviews
3 stars — The suspense/mystery/action plot to this book wasn't as good as the others ones that I've read in Cynthia Eden's other books. I think perhaps that's due to the fact that this one was surprisingly straightforward with few twists. I did like the dynamic and relationship between Connor and Chloe though. I think their relationship actually progressed in a very realistic and logical way, at least in terms of how they built trust and communicated. Pretty decent, book that I enjoyed, just wis ...more
  • Odyssey (The Vampire Destiny Series Companion, #1)
  • Through The Veil (#1)
  • Fire Stones (Fire Wars, #2)
  • A Demon in Waiting (Sons of Gulielmus #1)
  • Hunted (Vampires in America, #6.5)
  • Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom (A Daemon Hunter, #2)
  • Windburn (Nightwing, #2)
  • Reluctant Prince (Kingdom of Cymmera #1)
  • The Art of D/s Trilogy (The Art of D/s, #1-3)
  • Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1)
  • Logan's Acadian Wolves (Immortals of New Orleans, #4)
  • Shifter's Claim (The Shadow Shifters, #4)
  • Born in Chains (Men in Chains, #1)
  • Her Sinful Angel (Her Angel, #8)
  • New Moon (Chosen by the Vampire Kings, #0.6)
  • Dangerous
  • Blood Wolf Dawning (Bloodrunners, #7)
  • Ash to Steele
Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes dark tales of paranormal romance and romantic suspense. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Cynthia is also a three-time finalist for the prestigious RITA® award. Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over eighty novels and novellas.

Cynthia lives along the Alabama Gulf Coast. She love

Purgatory (4 books)
  • The Wolf Within (Purgatory, #1)
  • Marked by the Vampire (Purgatory, #2)
  • Deal With The Devil (Purgatory, #4)