Start by marking “Trials (Scars and Sorrow Saga,Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Trials (Scars and Sorrow Saga,Book 5)

Trials

(Scars and Sorrow Saga #5)

Run. That’s what Lyla Harper does best. With Rigdon, Kansas hundreds of miles away, she focuses on planting her roots and immersing herself in college life at Loyola University in Chicago, Illinois.

As Lyla tries to play the role of hardworking student by day and barista at night at York Company Coffee House, the monotonous routine is wearing thin. She thinks back to home,
Published by Heart Powered Publishing (first published September 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Trials, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trials

Christine
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This read is the four years Lyla has moved to Chicago and before she meets Everett and how she gets her job as Michaels assistant.
The story unfolds how she met her Professor Blaine and has a steamy affair with him. But once again all good things come to an end.
I love how we are going forward with Lyla's story but still get some of her past life before Everett came on the scene.
Cecily Bonney
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This author is sharp, clever, brilliant, amazing, talented, and humble. I hope you all enjoy this novella as much as I did.

I am so looking forward to getting my hands on book 3 of the Sorrow Series
Krissy
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF. I just can't finish this series. There are so many errors and repeated phrases. I'm just starting to get annoyed. Lyla isn't very likable in my opinion and I hate Everett.
Kristin Dutt
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I truly love Lyla. She is best lead female character who's been through so much and it seems those ghost are always finding there way back into her soul to torment her more. Lyla has been physically and emotionally damaged from an early start. Highly recommend 18+ and to start reading the books in order. You could probably read this without reading anything else from the Sorrow series but it could get confusing in certain areas. It's best to know all the past characters.

This novella takes you to
Deniz
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this book mainly takes place during Lyla's time in Chicago, before she met Everett.

In this story, you see a glimpse of Lyla's life and how she coped... and who she met.

Professor Blaine is all Lyla could think about in the beginning, and when she and him kick it off and start meeting each other outside of class, a whirl of confusion and emotions swirl around both Lyla and Blaine.

Blaine tries to get Lyla to see that she is beautiful and worth it, but Lyla just can't seem to believe him. Becau
Michelle Trzecinski
Trials is the story of Lyla Elizabeth Harper in her college years... After she's finally left Rigdon but before Everett comes into her life.

We learn about the sexy, relationship develops with Professor Blaine Miller. This was Lyla's first "relationship" for lack of better words after her 'situation' occurred in Rigdon. I understand she's been through more than people will go through in a lifetime but I couldn't help but want to shake her and say, "Give yourself a chance, girl!" It's difficult t
Kelly
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This novella brings us back to Lyla Harper's college days where she's in Chicago, hundreds of miles from home and all the baggage that she left behind. Or so she thought. Lyla works hard and studies hard but the ghosts of her past always seem to find her.

In this novella we meet Blaine Miller, Lyla's public speaking professor who is one of my favorite "book boyfriends"! He's smart and sexy, a great combination! One day during a lecture their eyes meet and for the first time she feels real emotion
Lauri Tribbey
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotionally gripping!

Lyla Harper is an emotionally and physically damaged girl. Mary Palmerin has done a brilliant job in telling Lyla's story. Lyla must find her way to becoming a whole healthy person in spite of the many heartbreaking things that happen to her on her journey to recovery.
Jenna Schmitt
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this. I feel like this gave us the most insight of Lyla she is very honest with herself in all the books but this focuses on her and her alone. I enjoyed the love affair with Blaine and I didn't see the ending coming at all and I felt for Lyla and Blaine on what could have been.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is a great novella by this fantastic author. This series is certainly one of my favourite. The author takes us back to when Lyla was in college. Here she met Blaine the professor.
As per normal the author gives us another beautifully written story with plenty of angst. Loved it.
Debbie
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This saga is gut wrenching and addicting. The author does such an incredible job of dragging you into the story, you feel as though you know the characters personally. Im completely hooked!!
Taylor
Apr 03, 2017
Nichole
Jul 12, 2015
Mary Palmerin
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Mary E. Palmerin is an internationally bestselling author of The Monster Series, half of the madness behind The Red Market Series, and Redeeming Rhys. She currently resides in Indiana with her husband and two small boys. She enjoys writing raw, emotional tales that strike various emotions in her readers. When she isn't busy writing, she usually has her nose in a good book. Mary loves spending time ...more

Scars and Sorrow Saga (5 books)
  • Broken (Scars and Sorrow Saga #1)
  • Succumbing (Scars and Sorrow Saga, #2)
  • Shadows (Scars and Sorrow Saga, Book 3)
  • Armored (Scars and Sorrow Saga, Book 4)