Start by marking “The Layover” as Want to Read:
The Layover

The Layover

Dear Author,
I cant think of anything worse after a night of drinking than waking up next to someone and not being able to remember his name, or how you met or why hes dead.

Photo Description:
Two sleeping men lie on a mattress on the floor. One man has his arm around the waist of the other, spooning him. The man in front has a colorful tattoo on his shoulder.

This story was
Published June 15th 2014 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about The Layover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Layover

Start your review of The Layover
Julio Genao
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Julio by: MostlyDelores
Shelves: shorts
that time i fucked a deaf guy while his entire family sat in the next room pretending not to hear him bellowing like an elephant.

a him and her review special.

description

him: boys. they haz a flavor.

He tasted so good, like the coffee with creamer he had earlier and something else that was inherently Beck.

her: did he let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding

him: he was too busy fantasizing about a family dinner at red lobster, apparently

I pretended Beck and I were alone. I pretended there was no
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

The two guys in the prompt image are not the MCs. There's a third guy. The tattooed guy in front is . . . well, dead. Or is he?

The plot in Erickson's story is a rift on The Hangover, a movie I didn't like at all. But this story is cute and sweet, even with the ridiculous, unbelievable plot.

But the plot's not the point. Because.

IT'S VEGAS, BABY!

And Vegas is not always for sinners. Sometimes it's for LOVERS.

Beck and Nate, dark and light, are seriously adorbs together.

The story also features a
Vanessa North
Squeeeeeee!
The fucking cutest. God, i love a romcom, and i love Megan Erickson, and i effing loved this story. Just FUN and cute and there was a parrot named Mac and dancey-sexy-fun... Happy.
Trisha Harrington
Removing my review because of what has come to light.

Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thank you Megan Erickson for this free story and thanks to all the other authors who participated in this event.

Yeah!! This was so much freaking fun! I want more of these two! Such a fun read. Read.
MostlyDelores
A good screwball comedy is rare and precious. Wit and cleverness go a long way with me, and this was a highly enjoyable, ridiculous little gem of a story.
Catherine
Note (added 11/03/2018):

In light of recent events, I can no longer recommend this book to my friends (or any reader, for that matter).

However, my Goodreads review space provides me an opportunity to rate and review books, expressing how they made me think, feel, question, or react at a particular moment in time. Sometimes, I use my review space to share stories about my life or comment on the world around me, drawing comparisons between myself and the characters and plot lines that I read
Vivian
Jun 18, 2014 rated it liked it
The Unlikely Series of Ridiculous Events.

Funny, OTT escapades playing homage to the movie "The Hangover". Not to be taken seriously or pondered over, just jump on and say, "MAS TEQUILA!" Or not.
Ami
(view spoiler) ...more
Ele
Jun 12, 2016 rated it liked it
*3.5 stars*

Very cute and so freaking funny! That damned bird! Bahahaha....
Meep
A very silly chaotic caper that reads like a comedy film with lots of mugging at the camera. It's well done with lots of funny situations.

I'm not rating because it's not my humour, I'm the miserable sod in the corner rolling my eyes when such a film is on the telly too!

It's entertaining and will have a lot of people laughing, just not me ;)
Marcie
Jun 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: shorts
***3.5 Stars***

Kinda like The Hangover but in book form.
Laxmama
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you Megan for this. So much fun :)
Lori
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bmbr-reads
So freaking funny! Review this come soon at BMBR.

So, The Layover - short and very, very funny. If you like the film The Hangover, I'm pretty sure you'll love this story; it delivered a short but fully felt impact.

Humour - tick; embarrassing situation - tick; hot sexual encounter - tick; dead guy in the room - tick; parrot - tick, HEA - tick. What more could you want from 17k? Gold lame shorts you cry - well you know what, your wish is Megan Erickson's command. TICK. Anything else? No? Exactly,
Silkeeeeeereads
Another winner. The DRitC books have been exceptional, so far, this year and this one is no exception. Cute fun read with two cute as hell MCs that find themselves in a situation in Vegas. It was fast-paced and entertaining as all get out. Would have loved a novel about these two because they have such adorable personalities. Very enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing, Megan!
M.A.
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Laughed all through it. :) Great story!
~M
Cari Z.
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Funny,so funny, enough to have me laughing out loud at parts of it. The author used The Hangover as inspiration and it makes about as much sense in places, but it's so much fun that I don't care.
Amy
Jun 22, 2014 added it
Rating and review removed.
Louan
This is a WTF kind of story! But you gotta give props to anyone who can make sense of a Parrot named Mac, gold lamé shorts and a sorta dead guy. In this case though what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas.
Hrtnsoul28
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z-2017
Wow what a wild ride. I was speeding through this story, laughing and on the edge of my seat wondering how they were going to get out of this and more important what did they get into. Loved every second of it!!!!
Dawn Sister
Shelves: m-m
Entertaining and funny (involving a rather irate sounding parrot). The predicament these boys found themselves in was bizarre, and of course, in the style of "no one in a story does anything any normal person would do" they just get themselves deeper into the shit until they come out smelling of roses.
I kept waiting for a car chase, or a foot chase at least, but this omission was all that disappointed about this story.
Nate and Beck were beautiful, with nice glimpses into personalities that
Maria Rose
What a quirky and fun romantic story! When these two men, Aaron and Nate, wake up hungover together in a hotel room after a night of mystery, they try to recover their memories of what happened and find themselves in a crazy Vegas situation. On top of that, they are attracted to each other and find that once they figure out some of what's going on, they are not ready to part. Great sexual chemistry between the characters leads to some steamy scenes and the potential for a real romance. It was a ...more
Megan Erickson
Jun 15, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: m-m, my-books
I want to thank Gwynn for super fun prompt. When I read it, the first thing that popped into my mind was the movie, The Hangover.

So I decided to write something in a similar vein. This was a fun, fun story for me to write. I had a blast with Nate and Beck and despite their totally unreal situation, I hope you do too. :)

This short story is now available as a free download here: http://www.mmromancegroup.com/the-lay...
Kristan
This was pure fun!

Aside from having one of the best story prompts ever, this was just laugh out loud fun. It was like watching the movie the hangover, but actually enjoying it.
It was ridiculous and goofy, sexy and sweet, and Beck and Nate were perfect together.

Amazing writing, amazing characters, and just entertaining all around.

Read. This. Now. People!
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love's Landscapes event. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!
Maya
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars This was a cute, fun story and I would love to read more about Beck and Nate! I had to knock of a half star for no real on-page sex other than bj's. I feel cheated.
Rachel Emily
This was hilarious! I loved these guys, and the parrot! Awesome story for the prompt, I really enjoyed it. And yes, I want more Beck and Nate!
Tully Vincent
Enjoyed the humor. Would love to read more of Nate and Beck's story, as I'm liking the chemistry between them.
TS
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
What a strange story. I was this close to giving up on it, but I managed to get through. I can't put my finger on it but there was something wrong with the plot. It didn't quite make sense.
Diane Dannenfeldt
Fun quick read. Would have liked more sex .
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Truth About Forever
  • Breathing Again
  • Still Waters
  • The Court of Lightning
Megan Erickson is a USA Today bestselling author of romance that sizzles. Her books have a touch of nerd, a dash of humor, and always have a happily ever after. A former journalist, she switched to fiction when she decided she likes writing her own endings better.

She lives in Pennsylvania with her very own nerdy husband and two kids. Although rather fun-sized, she's been told she has a full-sized

News & Interviews