Start by marking “Arcadia (The Wonderlust Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Arcadia (The Wonderlust Chronicles, #1)

Arcadia

(The Wonderlust Chronicles #1)

Ever since Sky Captain Lemise Holdif was a boy, he’s been faced with the End of Days. For decades an unknown enemy has been systematically wiping out life in the galaxy, starting with the most advanced societies. Now Arcadia, a world built from the trash of an entire galaxy, is the only planet left capable of distant space travel, and the next target. Lemise is desperate t ...more
Paperback, 1, 350 pages
Published November 7th 2014 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Arcadia, please sign up.
Hope I deeply apologize for the delayed reply. It's my goal that book #2 comes out November 2015. It will be based two years after the events in Arcadia…moreI deeply apologize for the delayed reply. It's my goal that book #2 comes out November 2015. It will be based two years after the events in Arcadia and focus on the Mars Colony as it finishes terraforming. You'll see some old faces, but a lot of new ones as well.

The best way to stay up to date on information would be my author blog theycameupontheeastwind.blogspot.com.
From January through March you can expect to see an official summary, the first excerpts, and a cover reveal.(less)

Trudy
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love sci-fi adventures and this book did not disappoint. I would describe it as a cross between Firefly and Star Trek. The character development is very good and I enjoyed the intergalactic plot. Paelae and Lemise grew up in very different worlds and were thrown together unexpectedly while fighting a very advanced enemy. I won't give away too much of the story but you will enjoy the page turning suspense and the ending!
Richelle Goodrich
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow!  What a fantastic sci-fi experience!  This author has real talent for writing science fiction. I'm delighted to have had the opportunity to read this engaging story where the main characters possess impressive, strong qualities.  I will admit the start was confusing; it was as if I were the one transported aboard an alien starship, surrounded by hostile strangers.  I found it frustrating being ignorant of the crisis underway and unsure of character and world identities―so many names thrown ...more
A.G.
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My review of Arcadia. Yesterday, I posted the background story of Arcadia. Today is my actual review of this five star book by Hope Christine. I was given a copy for my honest review. I found her story, The combining of two Alien species to save the junk world of Arcadia from destruction. Whenever two different species join forces, there is always the clash of cultures and it is event in the story.

Arcadia, a world built of other species junk is the focal point of the story with the two main cha
Benjamin
Feb 02, 2016 rated it liked it
While the story was a pretty good sci-fi plot, there were a few things that bothered me with this book. First, the numerous proofreading errors throughout, combined with a semi-inconsistent format distracted me from the story almost as much as the plentiful flashbacks did. Secondly, the mixture of steampunk and sci-fi was an interesting choice, but I felt it could have been more integrated than just a surface-level "steampunk look" that felt like an afterthought during the intense, sci-fi action ...more
Lori Field
Sep 14, 2014 rated it liked it
I really liked the story in Arcadia. The characters are interesting and the plot is not just a repeat of all the other science fiction stories out there. I would have given the book a higher rating if it hadn't been for all the errors. Perhaps it's just that I have a proof copy, but this book seriously needs a good editor, or at the least a proofreader. There are a couple places where whole paragraphs are repeated. The grammar/spelling is so bad that it makes it hard to read in some places (poss ...more
Booknerd
Sep 14, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: books-to-get
O.O let me blink my eyes again...nope it is true! 1,000+ pages long. If the synopsis caught my attention, which it did, I'd say bring it on haha. I think this sounds interesting and space travel is nice in books. Can't wait!
Chelsea Johnson
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ever since Sky Captain Lemise Holdif was a boy, he's been faced with the End of Days. For decades, an unknown enemy has been systematically wiping out life in the galaxy, starting with the most advanced societies. Now Arcadia, a world built from the trash of an entire galaxy, is the only planet left capable of distant space travel, and the next target. Lemise is desperate to save his home world, but his plans are interrupted when an alien visitor transports onto his ship.

Lead Specialist Paelae M
Audrey
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read

A mixture of steam punk and star trek, this book does not disappoint. A great read for any one who loves science fiction and space travel.
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Sylvie
Stef
Rachel
Aug 02, 2014

• Azimuth (The Interscission Project, #2)
  • Psi Hunter (Guardians of the Pattern, #1)
  • Matters of State (Space Portal Vector, #2)
  • Far From Home
  • Leviathan Rising (Pax Britannia, #2)
  • Perihelion (Queenships, #1)
  • Bespoken (The Valespian Pact #3)
  • Lightbringers and Rainmakers
  • Full Steam Ahead
  • Selling Mars (Veetu Industries, #2)
  • Private Dicks: Undercovers
  • Lady Doctor Wyre (A Jane Austen Space Opera, #1)
  • Potato Surprise (Brimstone #0.5)
  • Origin of Darkness (Daeva, #2)
  • Requiem (The Eternal Gateway, #1)
  • Feral Machines
  • Villains
  • Agamemnon Frost and the House of Death (Agamemnon Frost, #1)
Hope Christine is the self published author of Arcadia: The Wonderlust Chronicles. Though she enjoys writing, most of her time is spent in college classrooms and quilting (when time permits).
Her blog 'They Came Upon the East Wind' is aimed at aspiring and self published writers.