Start by marking “Firewalker (Worldwalker, #2)” as Want to Read:
Firewalker (Worldwalker, #2)

Read Book* *Different edition

Firewalker

(Worldwalker #2)

Worlds divide, magic slays, and love lies in the second book of Josephine Angelini’s The Worldwalker Trilogy.

"You think I’m a monster, but my choices, as ruthless as they seem, are justified."

Lily is back in her own universe, and she's ready to start a new life with Rowan by her side. True, she almost died in the Pyre that fueled their escape from New Salem, and must hide
Published September 1st 2015 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Firewalker, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Fxck Patriarchy Yes he did unfortunately!!!
Winter by Marissa MeyerRed Queen by Victoria AveyardThe Heir by Kiera CassFairest by Marissa MeyerSix of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
YA Novels of 2015
1,542 books — 8,944 voters
Winter by Marissa MeyerQueen of Shadows by Sarah J. MaasReturn to Me by Kelly MoranA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasLiars, Inc. by Paula Stokes
2015 Releases
752 books — 1,443 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Firewalker (Worldwalker, #2)
V.
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
HOLLY LILY-FLOWER! SHIT JUST GOT REAL! :O
Angela
(Updated with some non-spoilery favorite quotes at the end of the review)

I raved about the first book in this series, Trial by Fire. It absolutely blew me away and I have been extremely excited for the last year for this book, the second in the series. I'm not sure if this affected my feelings about this book, or if I would have felt the same regardless, but it didn't - quite - live up to my expectations.

**Warning** There will be spoilers and references to events in the first book. It can't be h
Ashley Daviau
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy freaking cow! This book was just out of this world amazing. I thought the first in the series was great but this one was infinitely better. There are so many things I loved about it that I don't even know where to start.

The world building continued in this book and it was fantastic learning more about it. Everything is so intricate and interwoven and I loved seeing characters from both worlds coming together and the interesting situations meeting their counterparts created.

And I just knew
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
OH MY GOSH. That ending. What. I can't. I just. WHAT. <-- my incoherent reaction to that ending

Firewalker takes place nearly minutes after Trial by Fire ends. The plot thickens in this book as we learn more about Lilian's motives along with those of Alaric and the Outlanders. Loyalties and beliefs are questioned. Rowan and Lily are forced to make some tough decisions as Lilian's world gets closer and closer to war. Lily and her crew must hurry to figure out how to keep this world together before
Colleen Houck
The end! This is one of those you need to mentally prepare yourself for so you can survive until book three. Love Rowan. In fact, Tristan as well. Both are very swoonworthy guys. So interesting to listen in on the dreams of Lily's counterpart.
Giselle
An Electronic Advanced Reader Copy was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for review.

A sequel that is worth reading, especially if you're looking for more world building questions being answered. We find out so many more details about the parallel universes and a little bit more about Lillian. I finally got to understand why she does the things she did. Fascinating to read more through Lillian's point of view especially since it's the same character but with different circumstances. And the
Lauren
Grace
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-stars, fantasy
Fast paced, full of action, engaging and entertaining.
Lily is back in her world after escaping death by a very thin margin. But she didn't come back alone and it seems the battle came with her. Soon after, she had to return to the parallel world or face charges for a murder she didn't commit. This time, her friends, Tristan, Breakfast, Una and of course, Rowan, returned to the parallel universe with her.
Lily couldn't pick sides of the war. On one side of the battle is Lillian, Lily's evil half
Liz

Book One of The Worldwalker Trilogy
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Publication Date: September 1, 2015
Rating: 3 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Lily is back in her own universe, and she's ready to start
Jen Ryland
Still a fan of this series, but I didn't like this as much as the first book. It consisted of -- no real spoilers here -- a) Lily recovering physically from the events of book one, b) the assembly of a new Scooby Gang for Lily (okay, her mechanics) and then c) the revelation of why Lillian hung Rowan's father. By the end, things had definitely picked up, but overall there was too much wheel-spinning and banter and secret-keeping and not enough stakes-raising for my taste.

Read more of my reviews
Buddy read with Ange

It's impossible to review Firewalker without including spoilers for previous books in the series so if you haven't read Trial by Fire yet then you need to look away now. I will say that I'm really enjoying this series though so it's definitely one I'd recommend checking out if you enjoy YA fantasy.

Trial by Fire was one of my favourite YA books last year so it's no surprise that I've been desperately waiting for the release of the sequel. I was actually so excited about Firewa
Britt
May 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own-these
Read the full review at Please Feed the Bookworm http://pleasefeedthebookworm.comJosep... angelini is slowly solidifying her spot as one of my all time fav authors. The stories she creates are always chock full of magic, fascinating characters, and some of the swooniest boys that I ever did see! True to form, the second book in her Worldwalker series leaves our cast enlightened yet at the same time on the precipice of some MAJOR changes. If you haven't read book one yet you should probably avert ...more
Idil
Sep 07, 2014 marked it as to-read
This one cannot come soon enough!
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
This review appears on Happy Indulgence! Check it out for more reviews.

I love the blend of witches and alternate dimensions in this series, but Firewalker wasn’t as good as the first book. A few scenes had me suspending my disbelief and the whole book lacked emotional connection.

Connecting to the main character is a major part of enjoying a book, and even in the second book, I still couldn’t connect to Lily. She has Lillian, her evil alternate self inside her head, talking to her and showing her
Rashika (is tired)
***This review has also been posted on The Social Potato

Firewalker was an anticipated novel but I ended up feeling 50/50 about it. On one hand, it is a fantastic follow up to Trial by Fire but it was also filled with romantic drama and I hated that.

With this book, Lily’s Tristan--the one she used to love--is back in the picture. I was actually surprised by how well that was handled. I was happy that even though Tristan clearly had feelings, Lily doesn't feel the same way any more. Rowan also
Arooj
A lot of things STILL did not make any sense to me. My main question was, if Lily was allergic to the air in her own world and could only breathe properly in Lillians world, doesn't that mean Lily belonged in that universe? If so, why? And how was she able to do all those magical things in her own universe? It just sounded very confusing and unrealistic. I was honestly so bored while reading this I almost fell asleep multiple times. I just skimmed the second half of the book.

There's a lot more I
Luke
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firewalker

As soon as I finished Trial By Fire, I really, really, really wanted Firewalker immediately. However, when I looked at the release date of September 1st 2015, the waiting seemed so long, and I hoped my patience would last. For those of you who have read Trial By Fire will understand because you will be feeling a similar emotion as me, especially with that cliffhanger.

Now...I just need to distract myself, to take my mind off the long wait. In time, it will come. And as soon as it comes
Nasty Lady MJ
Feb 15, 2015 marked it as probation
Update: It seems the title has been changed (smartly) so I might give it a chance now.

Um, no based on the offensive title. Change the title and I might be willing to give it a chance. Jesus, publishers didn't you take a US history class? Reading is suppose to be educational, not for dumb asses who think it's okay to use the title of a tragedy of a race of people for profit.
Jenny
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was a HUGE cliffhanger!!! AHHHH! I need the next book now! Overall I enjoyed the read. All I can say is, anything can and does happen in this one! And no one is safe.
Vanessa (bookfairy95)
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2019
I didn't like this installment as much as the first one, but it's still very close to great!

I loved the interaction between Lily and Lillian throughout the book and how, piece by piece, Lillian showed Lily her memories and experiences and explained to her why she did what she did in the past and why she did those seemingly brutal and unforgivable things.
We got to know more about the other destroyed worlds - which I expected - but we also got to know more about Lillians world. The world got ext
Heidi
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Four stars: A good sequel, but it ends abruptly with a cliffhanger.

After the battle, Lily and Rowan land back in Lily's world. Lily is burned badly and barely alive. Thankfully, Rowan is able to nurse her back to health. Safely nestled back at home, Lily should be happy to put the terrible events of Rowan and Lillian's world behind her, but she can't. Lillian reaches across the worlds at night and shares her memories with Lily via dreams. Through Lillian's memories, Lily begins to understand wh
E.V. Fairfall
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great series and I can't wait to read the third book. I really enjoyed how Josephine Angelini expanded on the Woven.
Esther Soh
After I finished this book, I went back to my review on Trial by Fire and this is what I found:

Lillian's character threw me into confusion and really triggered my interest in discovering more of the secrets she's hiding because I'm sure they won't disappoint!

description

I'm think I'm starting to hate myself.

For the first 100 pages, Rowan and Lily were nothing but fluff. So if it were up to me, I'll tell you this book would have been way shorter. And way more action-packed because shit doesn't happen until
Brianna ☯
Sep 09, 2014 rated it liked it
3 Stars

Before I get into my review I want to disclose that this ARC copy was sent to me by the publisher and doesn't alter my opinion on the book in any way, shape or form.

Firewalker is the very anticipated sequel to one of my favorite books of 2014, Trial by Fire.

So this was a little disappointing for me. Coming from book one with awesome characters, interesting world building and an epic romance, this just fell flat. Yes there are some things that are really good about it hence the th
Navdha
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ohmygoodness did she just? Did the author really do that? I'm so flipping mad right now! I finished this slug fest without any sense of satisfaction. Are you telling me that I went through all that boring melodrama for this ending? So not cool.

All the fun stuff was towards the end and rushed and all the annoying, boring stuff was dragged for like 90% of the book. I really can't with this book ATM.
Brittany
Dec 29, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

I was sorely disappointed by Trial By Fire and I’m sorry to say that Firewalker was no better. In fact, I had a tougher time reading this one than I did the first – if that’s possible. I don’t know if it’s because everything I disliked about the first book was now magnified tenfold, or if was simply because I’d had enough of these characters, this world and their relationships.

Lilly Proctor is quite possibl
Nicole M. Hewitt
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 Stars

This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

Firewalker is the second book in the Worldwalker trilogy, and unfortunately it suffered from just a bit of middle book syndrome. That’s not to say that it didn’t advance the series at all – I just felt like it took a little too much time to get there. Still, if you’re a fan of the series, you’ll definitely want to pick this one up. There are some major revelations about Lillian and a few new characters added
Natasha (books_n_dreams)
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rating 4.5

So I was thoroughly impressed with this second book in the Worldwalker Trilogy. I think my favorite thing about this story is the connection all of the characters have, it really does make the story as a whole more personal, plus it gives a different sense of reader and character connection. With the way things ended in Trail by Fire, you kind of have an idea of where things are going to go in the beginning of this book, but you don't have any idea of what kind of level it would be on.
Jenny Q
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
I had a couple of issues with the first book in this trilogy, but overall I really liked it, and I thought the story world was amazing. So part of my disappointment with this second book is that most of it doesn't take place in that story world, so that ambiance was missing. The other part of my disappointment is that the writing is just not good. I really don't like having to give books negative reviews, especially from authors I like (I'm a fan of Ms. Angelini's Starcrossed series), but I thou ...more

• Sea of Shadows (Age of Legends, #1)
  • Das gestohlene Herz der Anderwelt (Pan-Trilogie, Spin-off, #2)
  • The Witch Hunter (The Witch Hunter, #1)
  • The Keep of Ages (The Vault of Dreamers, #3)
  • The Stars Never Rise (The Stars Never Rise, #1)
  • Evertrue (Everneath, #3)
  • All That Glows (All That Glows, #1)
  • The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight, #1)
  • Blood Passage (Dark Caravan Cycle, #2)
  • Mein bester letzter Sommer
  • Horizon (The Soul Seekers, #4)
  • Herz aus Gold und Asche
  • Anioł do wynajęcia
  • XXL-Leseprobe: After love: AFTER 3
  • The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
  • The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)
  • Król Edyp
Josephine Angelini is a Massachusetts native and the youngest of eight siblings. She graduated from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts in theater, with a focus on the classics. She now lives in Los Angeles with her husband and daughter.

Worldwalker (3 books)
  • Trial by Fire (Worldwalker, #1)
  • Witch's Pyre (Worldwalker, #3)

News & Interviews

“Love is willing to become to villain so that the one who you love can stay a hero.” 33 likes
“Haven’t you learned yet? Someone has to be the villain so everyone else can stay alive.” 29 likes