Start by marking “Firewalker (Worldwalker, #2)” as Want to Read:
Firewalker (Worldwalker, #2)

Read Book* *Different edition

Firewalker

(Worldwalker #2)

Worlds divide, magic slays, and love lies in the second book of Josephine Angelini’s The Worldwalker Trilogy.

"You think I’m a monster, but my choices, as ruthless as they seem, are justified."

Lily is back in her own universe, and she's ready to start a new life with Rowan by her side. True, she almost died in the Pyre that fueled their escape from New Salem, and must hide
Published September 1st 2015 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Firewalker, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Fxck Patriarchy Yes he did unfortunately!!!
Winter by Marissa MeyerRed Queen by Victoria AveyardThe Heir by Kiera CassFairest by Marissa MeyerEnd of Days by Susan Ee
YA Novels of 2015
1,466 books — 8,876 voters
Winter by Marissa MeyerQueen of Shadows by Sarah J. MaasReturn to Me by Kelly MoranA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasLiars, Inc. by Paula Stokes
2015 Releases
753 books — 1,453 voters

More lists with this book...

Vesselina
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
HOLLY LILY-FLOWER! SHIT JUST GOT REAL! :O
Angela
(Updated with some non-spoilery favorite quotes at the end of the review)

I raved about the first book in this series, Trial by Fire. It absolutely blew me away and I have been extremely excited for the last year for this book, the second in the series. I'm not sure if this affected my feelings about this book, or if I would have felt the same regardless, but it didn't - quite - live up to my expectations.

**Warning** There will be spoilers and references to events in the first book. It can't be h
Ashley Daviau
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy freaking cow! This book was just out of this world amazing. I thought the first in the series was great but this one was infinitely better. There are so many things I loved about it that I don't even know where to start.

The world building continued in this book and it was fantastic learning more about it. Everything is so intricate and interwoven and I loved seeing characters from both worlds coming together and the interesting situations meeting their counterparts created.

And I just knew
R.Grewal
Sep 25, 2014 marked it as to-read
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
OH MY GOSH. That ending. What. I can't. I just. WHAT. <-- my incoherent reaction to that ending

Firewalker takes place nearly minutes after Trial by Fire ends. The plot thickens in this book as we learn more about Lilian's motives along with those of Alaric and the Outlanders. Loyalties and beliefs are questioned. Rowan and Lily are forced to make some tough decisions as Lilian's world gets closer and closer to war. Lily and her crew must hurry to figure out how to keep this world together bef
Colleen Houck
The end! This is one of those you need to mentally prepare yourself for so you can survive until book three. Love Rowan. In fact, Tristan as well. Both are very swoonworthy guys. So interesting to listen in on the dreams of Lily's counterpart.
Giselle
An Electronic Advanced Reader Copy was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for review.

A sequel that is worth reading, especially if you're looking for more world building questions being answered. We find out so many more details about the parallel universes and a little bit more about Lillian. I finally got to understand why she does the things she did. Fascinating to read more through Lillian's point of view especially since it's the same character but with different circumstances. And the
Lauren
Cassie1308
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
sehr gemeiner Cliffhänger ...
Sophie
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Disclaimer: I received this book from my friend Brianna who got it from the publisher. All the opinions stated are my own.

This was one of my most anticipated sequels of the year and sadly it didn't live up to all my expectations. It was a good book with a gripping and exciting plot, however it wasn't as good as the first book.
I'm very excited to see how this series will wrap up in the third book!
Alyssa

Book One of The Worldwalker Trilogy
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Publication Date: September 1, 2015
Rating: 3 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Lily is back in her own universe, and she's ready to st
Jen Ryland
Still a fan of this series, but I didn't like this as much as the first book. It consisted of -- no real spoilers here -- a) Lily recovering physically from the events of book one, b) the assembly of a new Scooby Gang for Lily (okay, her mechanics) and then c) the revelation of why Lillian hung Rowan's father. By the end, things had definitely picked up, but overall there was too much wheel-spinning and banter and secret-keeping and not enough stakes-raising for my taste.

Read more of my reviews
Liz
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anticipated-2015
WHAT. THE. HELL.
Britt
May 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own-these
Read the full review at Please Feed the Bookworm http://pleasefeedthebookworm.comJosep... angelini is slowly solidifying her spot as one of my all time fav authors. The stories she creates are always chock full of magic, fascinating characters, and some of the swooniest boys that I ever did see! True to form, the second book in her Worldwalker series leaves our cast enlightened yet at the same time on the precipice of some MAJOR changes. If you haven't read book one yet you should probably avert ...more
Idil
Sep 07, 2014 marked it as to-read
This one cannot come soon enough!
Buddy read with Ange

It's impossible to review Firewalker without including spoilers for previous books in the series so if you haven't read Trial by Fire yet then you need to look away now. I will say that I'm really enjoying this series though so it's definitely one I'd recommend checking out if you enjoy YA fantasy.

Trial by Fire was one of my favourite YA books last year so it's no surprise that I've been desperately waiting for the release of the sequel. I was actually so excited about Firewa
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
This review appears on Happy Indulgence! Check it out for more reviews.

I love the blend of witches and alternate dimensions in this series, but Firewalker wasn’t as good as the first book. A few scenes had me suspending my disbelief and the whole book lacked emotional connection.

Connecting to the main character is a major part of enjoying a book, and even in the second book, I still couldn’t connect to Lily. She has Lillian, her evil alternate self inside her head, talking to her and showing her
Gabry
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5!

Mi ha preso meno del primo libro, sebbene accada di tutto. Vedremo come finirà il tutto con il terzo.
Nasty Lady MJ
Feb 15, 2015 marked it as probation
Update: It seems the title has been changed (smartly) so I might give it a chance now.

Um, no based on the offensive title. Change the title and I might be willing to give it a chance. Jesus, publishers didn't you take a US history class? Reading is suppose to be educational, not for dumb asses who think it's okay to use the title of a tragedy of a race of people for profit.
Rashika (is tired)
***This review has also been posted on The Social Potato

Firewalker was an anticipated novel but I ended up feeling 50/50 about it. On one hand, it is a fantastic follow up to Trial by Fire but it was also filled with romantic drama and I hated that.

With this book, Lily’s Tristan--the one she used to love--is back in the picture. I was actually surprised by how well that was handled. I was happy that even though Tristan clearly had feelings, Lily doesn't feel the same way any more. Rowan also t
Arooj
A lot of things STILL did not make any sense to me. My main question was, if Lily was allergic to the air in her own world and could only breathe properly in Lillians world, doesn't that mean Lily belonged in that universe? If so, why? And how was she able to do all those magical things in her own universe? It just sounded very confusing and unrealistic. I was honestly so bored while reading this I almost fell asleep multiple times. I just skimmed the second half of the book.

There's a lot more I
Luke
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firewalker

As soon as I finished Trial By Fire, I really, really, really wanted Firewalker immediately. However, when I looked at the release date of September 1st 2015, the waiting seemed so long, and I hoped my patience would last. For those of you who have read Trial By Fire will understand because you will be feeling a similar emotion as me, especially with that cliffhanger.

Now...I just need to distract myself, to take my mind off the long wait. In time, it will come. And as soon as it comes
Jenny
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was a HUGE cliffhanger!!! AHHHH! I need the next book now! Overall I enjoyed the read. All I can say is, anything can and does happen in this one! And no one is safe.
Grüffeline
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5 Sterne.
Ich mochte schon den ersten Teil der Geschichte um Lily und konnte es kaum erwarten, endlich den zweiten Teil in die Hände zu bekommen. Er hat mich nicht enttäuscht.
Toll erzählt, tolle Charaktere und eine mitreißende Geschichte. Kurzum: ein großartiger zweiter Teil einer bisher sehr guten Trilogie, der mich persönlich bis in meine Träume verfolgt hat und das schaffen nicht viele Bücher.
Heidi
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Four stars: A good sequel, but it ends abruptly with a cliffhanger.

After the battle, Lily and Rowan land back in Lily's world. Lily is burned badly and barely alive. Thankfully, Rowan is able to nurse her back to health. Safely nestled back at home, Lily should be happy to put the terrible events of Rowan and Lillian's world behind her, but she can't. Lillian reaches across the worlds at night and shares her memories with Lily via dreams. Through Lillian's memories, Lily begins to understand wh
E.V. Fairfall
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great series and I can't wait to read the third book. I really enjoyed how Josephine Angelini expanded on the Woven.
Alexandria
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Questa recensione è frutto di impressioni post lettura così a caldo che potrebbe contenere spoiler, per cui siete avvertiti.
Perché? Perché??? PERCHÉ?
Perché lui e non l'altro? PERCHÉ?
Finire Firewalker e imprecare per dieci minuti chiedendosi PERCHÉ non me lo aspettavo proprio.
Sono una che notoriamente adora i triangoli e non vedevo l'ora di leggere il secondo capitolo della Worldwalker Saga per vedere come si sarebbe assestato il rapporto tra Lily e Rowan e Tristan, ora che lei era tornata nel s
Brianna ☯
Sep 09, 2014 rated it liked it
3 Stars

Before I get into my review I want to disclose that this ARC copy was sent to me by the publisher and doesn't alter my opinion on the book in any way, shape or form.

Firewalker is the very anticipated sequel to one of my favorite books of 2014, Trial by Fire.

So this was a little disappointing for me. Coming from book one with awesome characters, interesting world building and an epic romance, this just fell flat. Yes there are some things that are really good about it hence the th
Silvy Herondale
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mi dite come cavolo aspetto un anno per l'ultimo?? Maledetto cliffhanger!
Mi è piaciuto, anche se più di una volta mi sono inca**ata per il comportamento di qualcuno (non faccio nomi) e Josie, se nel terzo non sistemi tutto, mi arrabbio anche con te!
Recensione sul blog: http://wefoundwonderlandinbooks.blogs...
Nicole
Sep 17, 2014 marked it as to-read
  • Resonance (Dissonance #2)
  • Public Enemies (Immortal Game, #2)
  • The Bathory Curse
  • Willowgrove (Hemlock, #3)
  • Transcendent (Starling, #3)
  • The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)
  • Angel of Death (The Chosen Chronicles #1)
  • Sorceress (Spellcaster, #3)
  • The Replaced (The Taking, #2)
  • When I Wake
  • Unleashed (Uninvited, #2)
  • Touch If You Dare (Soulfire #2)
  • Dragons Are People, Too
  • Polaris (Avalon, #2)
  • Pure Magic (Black Dog, #2)
  • Awaken
  • The Beautiful and the Damned
  • Shadowlark (Skylark, #2)
Josephine Angelini is a Massachusetts native and the youngest of eight siblings. She graduated from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts in theater, with a focus on the classics. She now lives in Los Angeles with her husband and daughter.

Worldwalker (3 books)
  • Trial by Fire (Worldwalker, #1)
  • Witch's Pyre (Worldwalker, #3)
“Haven’t you learned yet? Someone has to be the villain so everyone else can stay alive.” 27 likes
“Love is willing to become to villain so that the one who you love can stay a hero.” 24 likes