Start by marking “Hell on Wheels (Bluewater Bay #3)” as Want to Read:
Hell on Wheels (Bluewater Bay #3)

Hell on Wheels

(Bluewater Bay #3)

Nash is the reliable one in the Holly family, the guy everyone counts on to keep things going. His genius twin brother is off at university, so Nash runs the family’s auto repair business and cares for his partially-paralyzed little sister while his crackpot father invents. His life seems mapped out for the foreseeable future, however much that might chafe.

So when Wolf’s L
Published December 1st 2014 by Riptide Publishing (first published November 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Hell on Wheels, please sign up.
Qukatheg There is now. It's called All Wheel Drive by Z.A. Maxfield.…moreThere is now. It's called All Wheel Drive by Z.A. Maxfield.(less)

Start your review of Hell on Wheels (Bluewater Bay #3)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

I usually enjoy ZAM's stories. I'm gaga for her Cowboys series.

But this one? This one didn't work for me. Not in the slightest.

I never felt the spark between Nash and Spencer. The two were worlds apart, and the author didn't make me believe that they could cross that barrier.

The story focused on many things: Spencer's bitter divorce and his ex wanting to reconcile (maybe); Nash's little sister being bullied and wanting to be independent; Nash's dad and his surprise girlfriend.

There
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

I enjoy Z.A. Maxfield's writing so much. I think she specializes in writing really complex characters. No one is 100% good or bad, and they all have issues about something. She never makes it easy on anyone! The characters in this story were no different.

Nash was my favorite of the two MCs. By far. I really related to him wanting to protect his family and being self-sacrificial for the good of the whole. Also, I mean, who can resist a biker dude? Just the thought of all that leather.
annob
Thoroughly entertained by the first third of this book, loved the spontaneous hook-up scene.

Unfortunately for me, the romance shifted out of focus in favour of family drama. Even on the rare occasion the main pair spent time alone together without being shadowed by family members or nosy PAs, their dialogue revolved around the side characters. That's not the balance I look for in a romance novel, and I ended skimming the second half of the book just to finish it.
Ami
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Karen
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-read
'Hell On Wheels' is the 3rd book in 'Bluewater Bay' and again it's by an author whose books I absolutely love reading Z.A. Maxfield. So I am very happily and unapologetically sticking with my Hellyeahthisbookwasawesome!!!!! 5 stars!

In general I love that each book is written by a different author it's just so much fun. I feel like I've been turned loose at the all you can eat buffet and I get to sample a little of everything but without the calories. These authors range anywhere from I haven't r
DaisyGirl
2.5 Disappointed Stars

I'm a ZAM fan and, with a few exceptions, thoroughly enjoy her books. Sadly, this one falls in the exception category. It wasn't a bad book per se but it left me feeling somewhere between huh and meh ... so, muh. The problem for me was I didn't feel a deep connection between Nash and Spencer. They were f*ck buddies and pseudo friends. They came together pretty casually and parted ways just the same. So the longing and angst were nonsensical as was the you must accompany us
Heidi
Nov 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, part-of-series, biker

I might be in the minority with this one, I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.
Catherine
*** 2.5 Stars ***

I didn't think this was a bad book, per se, but it just wasn't for me.

I thought the author did a good job of creating characters with depth and back story - really flushing them out and making them feel messy and real. Without question, this level of detail would have paid off in a longer novel. Unfortunately, in a book only slightly over 200 pages, it seems like too much energy was expended on secondary characters and extraneous drama (the baby mama could have stayed entirely
Leanne

I really, really loved this. I've enjoyed the Bluewater Bay series so far, but this one really resonated. It ticked all the boxes...a slightly melancholic feel to it for most of the book, hurt comfort, some well fleshed out and interesting supporting characters... and Nash. I loved Nash.
Some lovely writing too...

“I mean,” Nash clarified, “they’ll still need me.”
“Of course they’ll need you. You’re the drums....Rhythm makes instruments work together.” Spencer’s voice was a little too
Bev
Aug 07, 2014 rated it liked it

Disappointing for me. I didn't want to hear about Pop's latest invention and how successful it was going/not going to be, I wanted some HEAT!! Nash was too nice for his own good and Spencer, well he should just have kicked that cheating *a-hole* of an ex to the curb...permanently, no if's, but's or maybe's. 3 stars.
Kristie
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love a sweet, charming book. That's what this is. 100% charming. 100% sweet. A great addition to the Bluewater Bay series. ...more
Chris, the Dalek King
Though this book is third in the Bluewater Bay series, it can be read as a standalone. I haven’t got around to reading the rest of the series (and some haven’t even been published yet), but I had no problem fully enjoying this book. So read them in what ever order strikes your fancy. I just chose to review this one because I love Z.A. Maxfield (each book was written by a different author).

Nash has built his whole life around his family and he doesn’t even really mind. He is not a genius like his
Christi Snow
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
My Review:
Spencer is the character in this book whose life is filled with upheaval, but this is really Nash's story. And every time the book really delved into his life, my heart just broke for him. And it's not even that his life is bad...it's not. His life just revolves around his family and they are all at the point where they are ready to move on from what has been the norm for so long. For Nash, he's never considered anything else besides the life that he lives so all of this change is a bi
Julia ♥Duncan♥
I thought this was a very nice story. I really liked both Nash and Spencer and I thought they were very cute together. It was lovely to read about two guys who are both just genuinely nice and caring people. I also thought they both had a good sense of humor. Nash's family was great as well, I liked the support and the teasing he got from his dad, sister, and twin.

I did occasionally get a bit tired of the plot with Nash's sister though. I didn't think it merited the page space it took up, it fe
TJ

- Great characters
- Character development
- Romance build up
- Many LOL moments
- A stupid smile on my face

and a satisfying HEA what more can I ask for?
Wart Hill
Nov 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, riptide
Another feel good Bluewater Bay story

There are a few things that bothered me, but overall it's a nice, sweet read.
dbbks3
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked Nash, but never got an inkling of his dreams. He must have put aside some dream in order for his twin to follow his dreams. (view spoiler) What made him think he was not smart? He repeatedly made that comment even though he obviously was far from dumb. I wanted to know these things. Nash was a nurturer. Taking care of his family was what he did.

I like this series and I am glad I have returned to it. The chara
Christy
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, arc, on-my-kindle
I love the fact that the 'Bluewater Bay' series is written by different authors. It gives me a different feel for each book, and not just new main characters. As a big fan of ZA Maxfield, it was a no-brainer that I would enjoy 'Hell on Wheels'. Particularly after I read the blurb - I do love a bit of the bad in my boys.

“It’s probably good to get it out, though.”
“Is it?”
“Well. Sure. You can’t keep this stuff bottled up inside forever.”
“I’m English. We pride ourselves on doing exactly that. Stiff
Keveen
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I actually am confused with this one. I liked it better than There's Something About Ari (that's the only reason I rated it 3.5 stars) but nothing has beaten Starstruck Bluewater Bay 1 for me. Also, even though I liked this one, I wasn't nearly attached to it. I almost skimmed some parts.

Spencer was a nice British gentleman. I had a love and hate relationship with him as sometimes, his thoughts were dumb, to be quite honest. (view spoiler)
Simon
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really liked it. A couple of things put me off giving this novel a five star rating.
1) Picky and very, very minor....Eggs Benedict. Well done Nash for making Spencer his most favourite meal at the end of the novel. It sounded delicious, but although you mention all the ingredients and how it was layered and served, you forgot the second most important ingredient in an Eggs Benedict, which means it wasn't an Eggs Benedict at all.
2) Spencer I am quite frankly shocked that within the first few page
Heller
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75

This worked for me right up until the end. I'm still not sure what I think about it. The rest of the story? I pretty much loved it. Nash and Spencer worked well together. Hot and bantery. Great secondary characters, really great secondary characters.

About the ending. (view spoiler)
Tina
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, hurt-comfort

My first 4 stars rating in the Bluewater Bay series! Yay! This one is a full novel and it was easy to fall for Nash and Spencer, they make a sweet couple.

I really enjoyed getting to know Nash's dad and his sister Shelby, they support Nash when he needs it. It would have been nice to meet Nash’s twin Healey in person, though. He seems to be a cute guy. Maybe he gets his own story? Now on to book four…
Sunny
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this so much!

Sweet, funny, sexy...*sigh*

A great addition to the series, and one I'll read again :)
Shirley
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received Hell on Wheels in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This series just keeps getting better and better. I’m really enjoying my time in Bluewater Bay ;)

I do have to kind of admit that I wasn’t really sure about Nash and Spencer at first. Things happened kind of quick. I usually lose respect for characters when things happen that fast, but the more I got to know them, the less it bothered me.

Spencer had a history and was still reeling from what his ex had put him through. He had a l
Debra
This was just what I was expecting it to be; a sweet, fun, opposites attract romance.

Nash's life has revolved around the needs of his sister and father, working at the family business, with no room for him to move on or settle down. Spencer is an actor recovering from a nasty break up with his husband, who he had been with for the past six years. The two waste no time hooking up and that's the beginning of a friends with benefits relationship. After all, Spencer is moving on shortly and appears
Jewel
Hell on Wheels is the third book in the Bluewater Bay series, and might just be my favorite, so far.

We have Nash, a mechanic who also helps take care of his little sister and runs the family business and Spencer, a British actor who is going through a rather public divorce.

They seem a bit unlikely, on the surface, but I liked them together. Nash still knows how to let go while Spencer is all buttoned up and British. But no one needs to learn how to blow off some steam more than Spencer. So while
OJ
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bought-to-read
What a nice read! I have to admit this was such a nice change of reading themes for me and ZA Maxfield is just the one to deliver, you can't help but enjoy her writing.

Nash and Spencer's story is just the right amount of sweet for me, not diabetes inducing but savory and enjoyable. The hunky car mechanic, Nash, is such a natural draw for a gear head like me and his unwavering love and support for his family shines through in the writing. Spencer's broken heart at the hands of his self-centered e
Amy
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
***Audiobook***Narrated by Nick J. Russo***4.5 stars! I've seen mixed reviews on this book, but I really liked it. I liked Nash. He has a big heart and needs to be needed. He's loyal to his family, especially his sister who's in a wheelchair. It should also be mentioned that Nash has an identical twin brother, Healy, who's also gay. I found that interesting. Makes me wonder how common that is. Also makes me wonder if we'll be getting Healy's story at some point.

Spencer is a British actor with a
Max
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it was the mood I was in when I read this book, maybe it was the lame excuses Peter gave for screwing everything that walked, maybe it was Spencer's lame acceptance of, "his share of the blame," that put me in a foul mood, but I just didn't like this volume of Blue water Bay. I didn't like Peter, of course, I didn't like Spencer either. I did like Nash, although I hated that the wrong guy bottomed! (or rather I didn't buy Spencer as a top.)

It started out nice enough but just didn't keep m
Barb ~rede-2-read~
ARC provided by the publisher through Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words in exchange for an impartial review.

I am totally hooked on this Bluewater Bay series! Each book is better than the previous one, and that’s saying a lot, considering the amazing list of authors Riptide has engaged for this series. In this story, Spencer Kepler-Constantine comes to Bluewater Bay to renew his recurring role in the Wolf’s Landing television series being shot in the town. He arrives on the heels of the sensati
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Beyond the Sea
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey, #1)
  • Covet Thy Neighbor (Tucker Springs, #4)
  • Valor on the Move (Valor, #1)
  • Coming Home (Firsts and Forever #9)
  • Dirty Laundry (Tucker Springs, #3)
  • Off Plan (Whispering Key, #1)
  • Where Nerves End (Tucker Springs #1)
  • After the Fall (Tucker Springs, #6)
  • Second Hand (Tucker Springs #2)
  • Roped In (Clean Slate Ranch #2)
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
  • Takeover (Takeover, #1)
  • Born Again Sinner (Spruce Texas Romance, #2)
  • Bite Me, Santa
  • A Very Terry Christmas
  • Never a Hero (Tucker Springs, #5)

Bluewater Bay (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Starstruck (Bluewater Bay, #1)
  • There's Something About Ari (Bluewater Bay, #2)
  • Lone Wolf (Bluewater Bay #4)
  • The Burnt Toast B&B (Bluewater Bay #5)
  • Lights, Camera, Cupid: A Bluewater Bay Valentine's Collection (Bluewater Bay #6)
  • Wedding Favors (Bluewater Bay, #7)
  • The Deep of the Sound (Bluewater Bay, #8)
  • When to Hold Them (Bluewater Bay, #9)
  • Rain Shadow (Bluewater Bay, #10)
  • Stuck Landing (Bluewater Bay, #11)

News & Interviews