Start by marking “His Stolen Bride (Stolen Brides, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
His Stolen Bride (Stolen Brides, #0.5)

His Stolen Bride

(Stolen Brides #0.5)

Shes kidnapped on the morning of her royal weddingby her grooms most dangerous enemy...

Treachery leads battle-hardened Highland lord Darach of Glenshiel to abduct an innocent: wealthy Lady Laurien dAmboise, betrothed to the knave who betrayed Darach and his men. Stealing the delicate beauty from the steps of Chartres Cathedral on her wedding day, he vows to keep her safe
Published May 19th 2015 by Summit Avenue Books (first published January 1991)

To ask other readers questions about His Stolen Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Stolen Bride

Start your review of His Stolen Bride (Stolen Brides, #0.5)
Dawn
Meh.

Not for me. mediocre writing at best.
Regan Walker
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 and ½ Stars! French Noblewoman Abducted by a Highland Chief

First released under the title Falcon on the Wind, the story is set in Scotland in 1294 and tells of Lady Laurien dAmboise, whose step father would force her to wed the cruel comte de Villiers. She is just about to escape when she is abducted by Highland lord Darach of Glenshiel who needs her to secure Frances support for Scotland.

Laurien thought to return to the convent at Tours where she grew up but that was before Darach captured
Linda
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
In desperation, seeking to obtain an alliance with France in their battle with England, Lord Darach of Glenshiel undertakes a mission to abduct the betrothed of the French Kings most favoured adviser who has been demanding hefty bribes to not oppose the treaty. Demand after bigger demand which the Scots neither have the resources nor the time to pay. Knowing how much the Comte wants the marriage the Scots hope to turn the tables on him by kidnapping his bride in return for his promise to ensure ...more
Zoe
Jun 20, 2015 rated it liked it
I would give this book 3.5 stars, if I could.

The first half of the book was very hectic, with a lot of fighting scenes, running away, blade waving. The relationship between lead characters takes a back seat in the first half. The author spent a lot of pages describing why they were where they were and not enough time (for my taste) to illustrate the relationship. I had trouble picturing Darach in my mind. Too many words about everything and everyone that is around the lead characters but not
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
THIS GOTHIC MEDIEVAL ROMANCE IS A KEEPER!!

His Stolen Bride is a "Keeper" Very engrossing and exciting fast paced storyline!! I will be re reading His Stolen Bride again an again through the years.

It is the year 1295 and Lady Laurien d'Amboise has been rushed from her Tours a convent she was raised in since 9yrs. old. by her step father Louie d'Amboise. Louie has arranged Laurien's marriage to the King of France's cousin Compte Jacques de Villers, and evil opium addicted foul man. Jacque has
John
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
I thought it would never end

This book was a chore to read. It just went on & on & on...
The events were redundant, the plot predictable, and the characters boring. I quit reading it several times, because it just wasn't a good story, but felt I owed it to the author to finish. I wish I had those hours of my life back. I just cannot understand all of the five-star reviews.
Gizzie
A well written book. From beginning to end the book was packed with action and romance.
Linda
Shelly's writing paints each scene with a life-like touch. Sexy Highlanders, dangerous perils, seemingly insurmountable obstacles, heartbreak, and suspense galore keep the reader on the edge of their seat. Add in a sweet and steamy romance and you've got a splendid, well-balanced tale.

It had seemed entirely sensible at the time. A simple way to test the truth of her claim that she had lain with de Villiers. To show her that lying to him was useless. To make a point.
Instead, he had ignited a
Joan Osborne
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Filled with everything I love about reading romance

This book is filled with everything I love about reading romance. It had an exciting and entertaining story that had me riveted to the end and transported to another time in history, interesting characters that I thoroughly loved and enjoyed, an evil villain and of course a wonderful passionate romance between a beautiful and brave heroine and a handsome, sexy strong hero. Laurien was kind, innocent and brave and I admired her greatly and I
Molly
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Darach is a mercenary from Scotland fighting the English and his brother Galen dies in an ambush. So Darach and Malcolm another Scots come up with a plan on how to get the King of France's support. Kidnap the Comte Jacques de Villiers bride Lady Laurien. Lauren has lived in a convent for 9 years and does not want to marry. Comte Villiers hits her and she decides to escape, but she is taken first.
I don't wait to tell everything about the book it would spoil and ruin it for you before you read it.
Heather andrews
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Darach I loved him, he could be a brute but there were times where he was like a teddy bear, "rolling onto his side, he drew her close. Sleep, milady. I will keep you warm tonight, and safe. He pulled the blanket over her, wrapping one arm around her waist as he settled beside her on the furs. And for one night, at least, neither of us will be alone. I loved how at ease and playful he could be, however, Darach amended, I suppose we must have nourishment if I am to keep up my He flashed her a ...more
Judy
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the book very much. Lady Laurien d'Amboise is to be wed today, but not f her choosing.
Her stepfather she has not seen in nine had given her no time to object and little time to say farewell to students, novices, and nuns who had truly been like sisters to her for eleven years. She was hopping the the wedding could be stopped.
On the way to the church she was kidnapped by a Scotsman. This was not the way she had planed it.
Ann Gonzalez
Jul 09, 2016 rated it liked it
For the most part I liked this book and all of its characters. Darach's character was Highland hero, but besides being very protective I did not get a Highlander feel. Lauren's character was written well. I read the excerpt for book two. I don't care for time travel. I was hoping the series would be a story for Henri.
Shelly
Sep 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. I liked the plot and the relationship between the main characters. It did get a little long, but I'm looking forward to the other books in the series.
Jennifer Brown
All in all, a good read

It's been a while since I read a historical set in the 1200s. It was an interesting read and I liked it but the ending was abrupt. It's like when you're really tired and you're reading your fifth bedtime story of the night to your should-be-asleep kid and instead of reading the last half you just rush a paraphrased version of the story. That last chapter just went through and tied up all the loose ends. It was like an epilogue when the story wasn't finished. And I guessed
Lillian Cummings
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Can you change your mind? Laurien just wants to go back to the nuns but her future has been taken away from her and she will live the rest of her life as a wife to a evil man. But before that happens she is kidnapped by a scotsman and he needs her to save his family & friends.
Darach had no choice he has to take her but he never knew that she would be such trouble. She tries to escape numerous of times and she almost gets them killed and yet he still won't let her go.
She doesn't want to leave
Joanne
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good

This is the first book I have read from Shelly Thacker. And it really is quite good. I appreciate that there are no sub plots and introduction to sequels. The pacing of the storyline was just right. It has a lot of adventure and a lot of romance. The sex scenes are mildly described (compared to other books I have read).

The big, strong and honorable hero has a past and it has tortured him for ten years. Then he meets the kindhearted, courageous and innocent heroine. It is a story of an
Patricia
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exquisitely written

I received this book free from one of the book sites. I do not remember which one! This is my honest and voluntary review.

This book is written by an author who knows how to write! Descriptive, beautiful details will have you smiling and sighing in delight; fear and rage will cause shivers through the body. I have read about some obsessive villains, but this one is pretty bad.

This is explicit, but not done in a manner that will disgust. The scenes have a sweetness about them.
Juanita Martinez
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Wonderful, Adventurous, Exciting & Romantic Story.
Laurien & Darach's Adventurous Journey to HEA was Absolutely Spectacular.
Shelly Thacker's well written Story takes you on a Journey from France to Scotland with Malicious Men are on their trail.
Laurien is trying so hard to escape from not only her captors but the man she was betrothed to.
During their Journey both Laurien & Darach find emotions they have never had.
Shirley Funkhouser
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gold star

This book was a exceptional good read. I enjoyed the book all the way through. It certainly held the readers interest, was forever changing, a new twist to the story all the way from beginning to end. Best of all, little or no profanity, nor cursing. No good book needs bad language to sell a book. This book is a good read for mature people. I enjoyed it immensely.
Amy
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I wanted to read a shitty book. I searched high and low for a shitty book.

I found it.

Full of happy coincidences and the rest, I wanted a death at the end but it was just too bloody good to be bloody true. Weak plot twists, and while I did fall in love with the characters at the start, those plot twists ruined it. Too much of a rollercoaster that by the end I just wanted them both to die!

Anyway. Worth a read if you're bored but it is twee. Also not much about Scotland, either.
Annette Vliet
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A book about kidnapping: the woman falls in love with the kidnapper. Although is looks like a boring item, it made me want to read on and on. Shelly made it an interesting item: how do people cope in extremely situations. I enjoyed the time I was reading and am looking forward for the next to read in the Stolen Brides.
Louise Domiano
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this book as recommendation because it is a historical romance. I was completely in engulfed in the characters and the love story that unfolded. This was my first time reading a Shelly Thacker book and I loved that she did her research for the period in which is was set. I have already bought the other books in the series to continue my adventure into the past.
Jaynie Hatton
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Surprising where great lessons can be learned

This is something we all need to remember. Be watchful, you never know where or when your destiny may be revealed.

"Even though your future will be different from the one you had planned, sometimes God sends us His greatest blessings in the most unexpected ways."
Wendy Crawford
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The beginning

Glensheil is an important man, impatient and demanding, but simply wants peace. In order for that to happen, he must utilize every trick he knows to kidnap Lady Laurien on her wedding day, and force a treaty. What he didn't count on was falling in love with a spitfire.
Ronnae Stately
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love a good historical romance and this did not disappoint. I appreciated the storyline of a young woman being used as usual by those who are seeking power and this who just want a little help. Im just glad that Laurien was your typical feisty heroine and she was saved by he shiny bright hero Darach. ...more
Becky Hanne
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very exciting

I thought this book had a lot of action, angst and romance. I didnt want to put it down. The author made you feel the action and gave the right amount of description.
Jeanne Johnston
Apr 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Read like a bad Errol Flynn matinee--formulaic villains, "heroes," and predictable plot, plus painful sex scenes referencing things like "damp womanhood" and "velvet steel," because dog forbid a woman have a vagina or a man a simple penis.
Deborah Grinaker
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very worthy of reading. The historical details captured my attention, the plot was not the typical, but had some good twists. I enjoyed reading and will reading it again. I look forward to reading other books from Shelly.
Annette
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HIS STOLEN BRIDE : is one of my top 10 favorites. I love the romance novels that have strong, in love heroes. There is something for everyone here. Battles, wounds, villains, children......the love/sex scenes in this book are beautiful !
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Enchanting of an Earl (The Scandalous Spinsters, #5)
  • Taming a Wild Earl
  • Oath (Lords of Action, #3)
  • Warrior's Surrender
  • Her Wicked Ways (Secrets & Scandals #1)
  • A Knight's Seduction (Knight's, #5)
  • Quest of Honor (Searching Hearts, #1)
  • To Capture a Rogue's Heart (The Honorable Rogues, #4)
  • Captured by a Laird (The Douglas Legacy, #1)
  • Saved by the Scoundrel (Smithfield Market Regency Romance #2)
  • Tempting His Mistress
  • The Duke Who Knew Too Much (Heart of Enquiry, #1)
  • Once Upon a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #1)
  • Mistress of Two Fortunes and a Duke: A Regency Romance Novel (Parvenues & Paramours 2)
  • To Tame a Savage Heart (Rogues & Gentlemen #7)
  • At His Command (Wars of the Roses Brides, #1)
  • The Bride Gift
  • To Walk in the Sun
USA Today bestselling author Shelly Thacker has earned lavish praise from Publishers Weekly, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The Detroit Free Press and The Oakland Press, who have called her historical romance novels innovative, addictive, erotic and powerful.

A two-time RWA RITA Award finalist, Shelly has won numerous other honors for her novels, including a National Readers' Choice Award,

Stolen Brides (4 books)
  • Forever His (Stolen Brides, #1)
  • His Forbidden Touch (Stolen Brides, #2)
  • His Captive Bride (Stolen Brides, #3)