Start by marking “Harlequin E Shivers Box Set Volume 4: The Headmaster\Darkness Unchained\Forget Me Not\Queen of Stone” as Want to Read:

Discover uncanny places and irresistible passions in the latest Gothic romance box set from Harlequin E

The Headmaster by Tiffany Reisz
At the remote Marshall School, Gwen Ashby stumbles upon the job-and the man-of her dreams. Stern, enigmatic Edwin Yorke simmers with a heat Gwen longs to unleash. But Edwin knows all too well that forbidden love can end in tragedy.

Darkness U
Published October 6th 2014 by Harlequin E

To ask other readers questions about Harlequin E Shivers Box Set Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harlequin E Shivers Box Set Volume 4

Shanna
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a wild ride, it took me a while to get all the stories read cause they were very different, and very spooky but I loved each one in their own way, anyone who is a fan of the horror genre should give this set a read.
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
The Headmaster by Tiffany Reisz photo 3dd7bb94-8dae-4c63-94ee-8fd1c1129040wallpaper_zps264d5cda.jpg

BOOK REVIEW: 5 STARS

This book is sexy, mysterious, funny, a little scary and very surprising. Tiffany made a great job with this book. I love the steamy erotic sex scenes, the smart and sassy attitude of Gwen, the old fashioned manners of Edwin, I mean, the Headmasters Yorky, and most of all, the spooky story happening in the Marshall School.

I have to confess: I am kind of a coward person. I cover my eyes and scream like a little girl when I’m watching a horror movie, or even a thriller movie
Fiona Marsden
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating is tentative until I finish all four books.

The Headmaster by Tiffany Reisz 5-stars
What can I say about this book without giving away all it's secrets? Edwin is the most adorable hero and his boys, the students of the Marshall Academy are such a wonderful cast of characters.

Gwen, who falls into a job at the academy has found heaven. A school that cares about literature, where the British Headmaster teaches honour and chivalry and loyalty to his students. All of this in an out of the way pl
NomdePlumePress
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved the first two -- The Headmaster by Tiffany Reisz and Darkness Unchained by Jane Godman. But the other two novellas also had their charms, so overall I enjoyed this. People who are fussy on historical detail will probably find tiny faults in almost all these stories -- they're not all historicals, but they are gothic, so the past does come back to haunt the characters. Literally. But I don't let that bother me, so I had loads of fun. Another great way to discover authors to lov ...more
R
May 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 I needed some short stories and this was the 1st thing available on my library app. I remember sneaking Harlequin Romances at my Aunts place when I was young, so I was curious to read one now. I was pleasantly surprised by how they have modernized. I am not sure how to rate this since the stories are of different quality. A couple were pretty good, one was quite weak. Read the ones you like, and skip the others.
Elizabeth
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating 4.5/5

This rating is based on reading The Headmaster and Forget Me Not. I thoroughly enjoyed both stories individually and they were both written with smooth flow, strong characters, and plenty of spookiness which is exactly what I wanted from this set. Each story was unique, offering a different kind of mystery but neither felt rushed or overly lengthy either.

If you're looking to explore new authors and enjoy mysterious plots, give this box set a try. :)
Ayawolf
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned-kindle, dnf
DNF'ed after Tiffany Reisz's story and attempting to read the next. I am a fan of Reisz and I was very disappointed. I didn't like her take on "paranormal" romance.

I tried to get into the second story and just couldn't get into the first chapter. I need a hook to stay interested - the second story read like a history book. Meh.
Nelle
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Review of The Headmaster
I'm not a PNR kind of girl but I'll read anything that Tiffany Reisz writes. She can bring spooky scary and smutty too! The Marshal School is a throwback to the past, no internet access, a rotary phone and leather-bound books. But things are not as they seem. Tiffany brings a complex storyline to this novella. Highly Recommended.
Janine
Bought for the Tiffany Reisz story which I loved but not surprised by that. Loved anything she writes. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the other stories. None of the authors were familiar to me, do its nice to discover some new to me authors.
mlady_rebecca
From Tiffany Reisz:
"my Gothic Romance (not a Sinners book)"
"It's set at a spooky all-boys boarding school."
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
The Headmaster (see separate review for the single book) was a highlight and in this edition Barbara J Hancock's Forget Me Not was chilling and kept me guessing. Great compilation!
Cathy
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have only read the Tiffany Reisz story so far & loved it.
Natalie
U have only read the first story
Biscoblu

Queen of Stone by Jen Christie: 2.5 stars
Jill
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read, adult, pnr, novella
This is for Forget me Not.
Ana
Apr 23, 2015
Rebecca Williams
Dec 02, 2014
Scarletl Rue
I only read the part that Tiffany Reisz wrote, so I don't know if this is a DNF, Read, or Unfinished. I may go back, but I have too many other books waiting to read to start up with it.

However, the part Tiffany wrote was excellent. Her voice shines through in all her work and I can pick out her writing in less than a page.

« previous 1 3 4 next »
Tiffany Reisz is the USA Today-bestselling author of the Romance Writers of America RITA®-winning Original Sinners series from Harlequin's Mira Books.

Born in Owensboro, Kentucky, Tiffany graduated from Centre College with a B.A. in English. She began her writing career while a student at Wilmore, Kentucky's Asbury Theological Seminary. After leaving seminary to focus on her fiction, she wrote The
“Hope and perseverance—that’s what I learned from books.” 2 likes