Start by marking “Miss Mayhem (Rebel Belle, #2)” as Want to Read:
Miss Mayhem (Rebel Belle, #2)

Miss Mayhem (Rebel Belle #2)

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  9,376 Ratings  ·  1,793 Reviews
Life is almost back to normal for Harper Price. The Ephors have been silent after their deadly attack at Cotillion months ago, and her best friend, Bee, has returned after a mysterious disappearance. Now Harper can focus on the important things in life: school, canoodling with David (her nemesis-turned-ward-slash-boyfie), and even competing in the Miss Pine Grove pageant.

U
Published April 7th 2015 by Putnam Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Miss Mayhem, please sign up.

Kat O'Keeffe
This was good, but definitely not as great as Rebel Belle. Same fun characters, same kick-ass Buffy vibe, but the story of this installment just wasn't as engaging as the first. It felt somehow too short and too long at the same time--like a dragged out novella rather than a well-paced full length novel.

And I have NO IDEA where this series is going. Like, obviously there's one main thing we want to address in the final book--(view spoiler)--but I have no clue
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
I didn't love this as much as Rebel Belle. Unfortunately to me, it felt like a filler book. Though it still had that light hearted feeling, with a side of action, that I really enjoyed!
Lola
First book: Rebel Belle

Book one has a fun Harper, witty and ‘‘laugh out loud-worthy’’ dialogs, an entertaining storyline and a very fast pacing, while Miss Mayhem depicts a slightly out-of-control Harper, pleasant dialogs, a plot that is closer to the contemporary world than the supernatural one and a pacing that is relatively fast, too.

Miss Mayhem doesn’t live up to its first book, but is a sequel worth reading, for Harper’s narration will never bore you and the characters around her embellish
Maureen
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was pretty great! I love these characters so so much. PLZ TELL ME THERE WILL BE A THIRD BOOK.
Kassidy
Jun 18, 2014 rated it liked it
This was fun, but not as good as the first.
Elizabeth
What a glorious masterpiece! Well, maybe not masterpiece, but it was a fun, thrilling read. There are times when I felt frustrated, but it was because I knew Harper was also frustrated with her circumstances. It ain't easy being Paladin! My Full review here on Fangirlish.com
TheBlueBookworm
TELL ME THE TITLE DOESN'T SOUND BAD ASS?

MISS MAYHEM.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS BOOK!

Oh and David Stark?

ERRRRRRRRRR
Lindsey Rey
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
[3.5 Stars]
I loved the ending but the rest was surprisingly boring!
Anna *no longer in use*
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2015
2 1/2

“Honestly, not enough people know how to use good manners as a weapon.”

Me reading Rebel Belle:

Me reading Miss Mayhem:

description

I loved Rebel Belle a year ago, and I know that I would love it again, if I read it now. It was a hilarious, a light fantasy that read more like a contemporary. I loved Harper, her girly badassness and all. It was just refreshing. Miss Mayhem albeit, did something the first book never did: It bored me.

High points of the book:
• Bee and Harper's friendship (Girl Power!)
• Bee,
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Actual Ratings: 3.5 stars

"I loved that little girl, but Lord, what a pill she could be. Anyway, all those times she knocked down your castle, you never once cried. Never complained. You jutted thag bottom lip out and got back to work. You never quit, even when that would have been the smartest thing to do."

Miss Hayhem immediately opened up where Rebel Belle left it off. Harper Price is now dating her former archenemy David while Bee is finally back after vanishing in the Cotillion. Everything
Vicky
IT IS UNACCEPTABLE TO END A BOOK LIKE THAT. AND NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR OVER A YEAR TO GET THE NEXT ONE AND HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT PATIENTLY?
Taylor Knight
Jun 14, 2014 rated it liked it
It has been two years since I read the first book in this series and now that I'm finished with Miss Mayhem, I remember why I put this book off for so long.
This is a fun series but it's also really draining. Every chapter ends with drama, a cliffhanger, and more drama. It's kind of exhausting. I really like the writing style and I felt like the characters weren't so annoying in this book. I think the plot lacked a lot of direction. This felt a lot like a filler book and not a lot of important s
Fenia
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-like-drugs
I love love love these books!! Rachel's writing is so readable. I kept turning the pages. The book goes straight to the point but i doesn't miss any of its humour and heart-ache. Beautifully written. action-packed. magical. I can't wait to read the next one!! :D ♥ ♥
Emma Giordano
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
THE FUCK IS THIS. THIS BOOK IS TOO SHORT. I NEED MORE.
Elena
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5

Is this some kind of sick joke?! You can't leave us with an ending like that, Rachel!

I absolutely adore this series. While I'd say I prefered the first one, I'm still fully satisfied with this sequel. The only complaint I have: it was way too short! I needed more time with these characters and this amazing story.
I can't wait for the third one!
Nasom
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This was such an easy guilty pleasure book!

The drama can be summed up in this quote lol:

“And all of you running around, breaking up with each other, getting together, breaking up again, getting together with different people”

with a sprinkle of fantasy elements here and there but I actually enjoyed it.

RTC
Selene Matheson
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Definitely a bridge book. Could have easily been a duology.
Haley
2015 Reading Challenge: A book set in high school
Actual rating: ★★★

While I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as Rebel Belle, I have to say that these books are just fantastic. They nail the blend between humour, well-written romance, and ladies kicking arse; three of my favourite things! They make for super fun reads. My only real complaints here are the length and the lack of content because of it. This book seemed a little too condensed and oddly paced. It was a little lighter on the humou
Alaina Meserole
WHAT A GOD DAMN HOT MESS PEOPLE!

No... really. It was a complete hot mess and I have no idea how I can write this review. I hope it doesn't suck but it just might.

Miss Mayhem still follows a bunch of hot messes. There's romance, a stupid triangle, death, and some other mystery stuff happening. It was kind of hard to keep track of everything that was happening. Pretty sure I wanted to bang my head against my desk, laptop, hand, wall, door, window, a freaking pole... LITERALLY ANYTHING, while I was
Elesia
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Miss Mayhem is the sequel to Rebel Belle and what I loved most about the first book was that it was fast paced and fun! I'm happy to say this one maintained that same fast pace and fun quality to it!

Unfortunately that's about all I can say when I think of this book. It was fun and fast paced, but the world development isn't the greatest, neither is the character development. I was hoping in the second book I'd be able to connect more to Harper, the main character, but unfortunately I still don'
Anna
Jul 02, 2014 marked it as to-read
PLEASE DONT DO A COVER CHANGE AND PLEASE MAKE IT MAKE MATCH AND BE AS PRETTY AS THE REBEL BELLE COVER!!!!!

ALSO LOVE THE TITLE: can just image how badass it's going to be!!!!
Maria (highinthebooksky)
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
excuse me???? em what! that's it? that was actually the ending?! no no no! I need the third one ... now
isabelle
EDIT: 9/4/14
WE HAVE A COVER. GENIUS.

________________________

MISS MAYHEM SOUNDS SO HARDCORE. I can't wait for the cover!
Trina (Between Chapters)
Definition of 2 stars = "It was OK." I'm not saying I hated this or that it was poorly written. But I really can't tell you what happened or why it needed to be a whole book's worth of plot.
Fafa's Book Corner
Apr 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Pinky
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
That was a really quick read! This book is the second book which comes after Rebel Belle. I enjoyed this book to a point but it was not as good as the first book. It is really short, which I was disappointed in, but the writing was still amazing. I wish the book was longer because I wanted more. The summary of the second book and first book have spoilers, SO DON'T READ THE SUMMARY OF THE BOOK!! Usually, I found that nowadays, lots of book summaries have spoilers.

If you don't already know, Rebe
Ashley Daviau
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
While I didn't enjoy this book quite as much as Rebel Belle, I still did enjoy it very much! This series is turning out the be such a fun, quick and easy read and I'm so glad I decided to take a chance on it as I was a bit skeptical at first!

I think what I enjoyed most about this instalment in the series was its total unpredictability! I kind of thought I had a general idea of how the story would play out but I was most definitely wrong! This book kept me guessing from page one, right until the
Gabi

DAVID AND HARPER ARE STILL OTP

DAVIDS WARDROBE CHOOSING LOL

A TINY BIT ANNOYED WITH DAVID AT THE END

A TINY BIT ANNOYED WITH DEE AND RYAN

IF YOU DID READ THE BOOK THAT ENDING THOUGH AHHHHH I NEED THE THIRD BOOK ALREADY!

PREORDERED IT AND ITS COMING TOMORROW AHHHH SO EXCITEEDD.

LOVED REBEL BELLE AND IT WAS PERFECT

SO NOW

MORE DAVID STARK

MORE HARPER EXCUSES

AWESOME
Emily
Jun 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
Phew. There IS going to be a sequel. Thank god.

Edit: 9/4/14

OHMYGOD. THE COVER. I love it. :D
  • The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)
  • When I Wake
  • Until the Beginning (After the End, #2)
  • Something True (True Love, #3)
  • Everybody Knows Your Name
  • Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3)
  • Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold (Broken Hearts & Revenge, #2)
  • Jubilee Manor (Landry Park, #2)
  • Public Enemies (Immortal Game, #2)
  • Untitled
  • Burning Kingdoms (The Internment Chronicles, #2)
  • The Lily and the Cross (The Ring and the Crown, #2)
  • The Returned (The Archived, #3)
  • Daughter of Deep Silence
  • The Nightmare Charade (The Arkwell Academy, #3)
  • Unleashed (Uninvited, #2)
  • The Replaced (The Taking, #2)
  • The Deep End of the Sea

Rebel Belle (3 books)
  • Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1)
  • Lady Renegades (Rebel Belle, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Vengeance Road
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Honestly, not enough people know how to use good manners as a weapon.” 33 likes
“Deep-fried Oreos were sent from heaven to prove God loves us.” 18 likes