Start by marking “Disney Kingdoms: Figment #1” as Want to Read:
Disney Kingdoms: Figment #1

Disney Kingdoms: Figment #1

THE NEXT DISNEY ADVENTURE IS HERE - STARRING ONE OF DISNEY'S MOST POPULAR CHARACTERS! Dive into a steampunk fantasy story exploring the never-before-revealed origin of the inventor known as Dreamfinder, and how one little spark of inspiration created a dragon called Figment. What is the Academy Scientifica-Lucidus? Who is Blarion Mercurial? What is the Integrated Mesmonic ...more
Digital Comic Book, 21 pages
Published June 2014 by Marvel Comics

To ask other readers questions about Disney Kingdoms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Disney Kingdoms

Mike
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A review from my free e-magazine:
PopFam.com - Pop Culture for Families

Figment #1
Marvel Comics

by Jim Zub & Filipe Andrade
Reader Appeal/Publisher Rating: All Ages
Genre: Fantasy

A steampunk fantasy adventure that reveals the origin of Dreamfinder and his inquisitive dragon companion, Figment.

At our house, we’ve always called Figment “The Secret Disney Character” because, up to now, this imaginative purple dragon was only seen in “Journey into the Imagination,” a family-fri
Pocket (Pocket in Libraryland)
This was a fast paced, really cute story. Blair is great as the down on his luck inventor with a passion for discovery. Figment sits on the line of being cute and being a bit too much of a sterotypical "cute sidekick" disney character. Thankfully, once he appears, he doesn't take over the story and instead sticks to making quips every once in a while. The story still focuses on Blairon, which I think was the right choice for a story like this.

There wasn't much room for character development or b
Chase Stager
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great book. I have been a fan of Figment and the Dreamfinder ever since I first rode their ride at EPCOT back in the 1997. It cool to see that someone took the time to come up with a backstory for the Dreamfinder.
Holly Cooke
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a fun little read, however I was left wanting more.
As a Disney obsessive, I loved reading about one of my favourite Disney parks Characters, Figment. The art in this graphic novel was beautiful, and I absolutely loved the colouring. Some of the images of Figment are absolutely breath taking. However I just wanted more, the actual story only took up about 20 pages of the comic and the rest was adverts. Firstly I hated the inclusion of the adverts, they disrupted the flow of the story an
Cindy
Great for fans of Figment. Truthfully, that is the only reason I picked this up at the library. There's not much too it, so we shall see what future volumes give us.
Shawn Deal
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Figment is all about that wonderful character that lives and thrives in Epcot center in Disneyworld. For those of you who are fans of this character, this is an absolute must. Beautifully illustrated witha a wonderful origin story this is a great set of 5. Collect and enjoy. For those who are not familiar with the charcter, there is no problem you do not have to even have heard of the character to enjoy this fantastic tale. Fun for all ages. This is worth collecting.
Sarah Dyson
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story that will insprie all ages. I am so happy to see this in a comic form. After visiting Disney World as a child I have always loved Figment and the concept of imagination, creation, and creativity. This is a story that can be shared with all ages.
John Trent
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Take a journey into the imagination of Blarion Mercurial. This is the premise of Jim Zub and Filipe Andrade’s Figment series. However, it can be quite a challenge to imagine once you are an adult. Read more at http://boundingintocomics.blogspot.nl...
Kat Ice
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was extremely cute! I am a HUGE Disney fan so seeing that there was a Figment graphic novel I had to read it. It is kind of short and I wish it was longer but still really cute. I dont think my library has the rest of them but I am going to try and find them. Loved this!!
Kelly
Just finished them all (volumes 1-5) in a few minutes. They were literally ten to fifteen sheets of paper each. Why weren't they just bound together into one story? Or maybe even expanded, as there wasn't much story, and the end was rather abrupt and not very well explained.
Hector
Jun 20, 2014 rated it liked it
una historia basada en un parque de atracciones de Disney. Podría salir mal, pero funciona.
Jeff
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, disney
Too short, but definitely makes me want to read the next one!
Lucille
Aug 14, 2016
Erin
Jun 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jim Zub is a writer, artist and art instructor based in Toronto, Canada. Over the past fifteen years he’s worked for a diverse array of publishing, movie and video game clients including Disney, Warner Bros., Capcom, Hasbro, Bandai-Namco and Mattel.

He juggles his time between being a freelance comic writer and Program Coordinator for Seneca College‘s award-winning Animation program.