Start by marking “La vecina perfecta” as Want to Read:
La vecina perfecta

La vecina perfecta

(The MacGregors #10)

El nuevo apartamento del solitario Preston McQuinn, igual que su vida, estaba tal y como él lo quería… vacío y oscuro. Fue entonces cuando la radiante Cybil Campbell irrumpió en su organizada soledad y Preston no pudo negar cierta fascinación por su alegre vecina. Preston creía haberle cerrado la puerta al amor para siempre y, sin embargo, de pronto se encontró deseando ...more
255 pages
Published 2009 by Harlequin (first published March 1999)

To ask other readers questions about La vecina perfecta, please sign up.
Ronnie I love him meddling as well! Look at the fruits of his labor, they're all happily-bound! I hope Nora Roberts picks up the series since there are still…moreI love him meddling as well! Look at the fruits of his labor, they're all happily-bound! I hope Nora Roberts picks up the series since there are still a few more single Macgregors! (Example, Cybel's brother- Matthew)(less)

Start your review of La vecina perfecta
Flannery
I discovered Nora Roberts' books my freshman year in college. Rather, my college roommate forced them on me and I devoured almost her entire catalog and still continue to do so. To this day, we have really great conversations that go something like this:

F: Oh! She is a MacGregor. Her mom was the woman with the broken-down car that married...
M: The recluse cartoonist in Maine! Right! But what about that piano one?
F: The piano player with the red-headed Stanislaski daughter?
M: Oh right, that's
Naksed
This was just okay for me. The style was more "chick lit" than "romance" and eerily similar to Kristen Ashley's goofier heroines which, for me, is not exactly a compliment. The trope of a girl pursuing a guy has also never been my favorite. (view spoiler)

Nevertheless, it was amusing overall, and the heroine had thankfully enough nerve to offset all the other spineless
Dina
The last installment in one of my favorite series. I'm really sorry to see it end, but c'est la vie.
Chitra *CJ*
The finale of the MacGregor series is the story of Preston and Cybil.
Cybil is a Campbell and a honorary MacGregor. She writes comic strips as a profession and lives her life to the fullest.
When a broody new neighbor Preston moves from across her hall whom she believes is penniless, she doesn't know he's a famous playwrighter and also has been given the house by Daniel.
As Preston is initially irritated, then amused and subsequently turned on by Cybil, she is in love with him very quick.
They give
Jess
I remain bitter that this is the last MacGregor book, but it's a heck of a way to go out. I feel like it shouldn't work; Preston is really basically unforgivably cruel to Cybil at moments, but somehow it does despite everything.

And I like to imagine her tv show is basically Caroline in the City, and that makes me happy.

This was a good reread. I'm glad I did it.
Valerie
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.75 stars. Here's what happens and my reactions in a nutshell: She gets hurt by his omission of the truth and it just pulls at my heartstrings the way I love so much. Then he pretends he doesn't mind and that it's for the best. As if! Things get back to normal between them but then he messes up again and my heart goes noooo. And finally, FINALLY, he realizes he can't live without her... BUT he screws it up AGAIN!!! My poor, poor heart stopped beating for several pages then, until he professed ...more
Cruth
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1999
Length: 295 pages (Large Print).
Setting: Contemporary. New York.
Sex: Infrequent. Reasonably explicit.
Hero: Playwright.
Heroine: Author/illustrator of a popular cartoon strip.

Fun and easy. Bubbly, happy, independent heroine. Stoic, withdrawn, creative hero. Lots of lust. Some romance. A bubblegum beach read.

The MacGregors:
Book 0.5 Rebellion (1988) Serena MacGregor and Brigham Langston (set in 1745)
Book 0.6 (novella) In From The Cold (1986) - Alanna Flynn
Quinn's Book Nook
I’ve read a lot of Nora Roberts’s books. I’ve mentioned before that when I first started reading romance novels, I went to her books first. The Perfect Neighbor was the very first Nora Roberts’ book I ever read, so right there, this book has a special place in my heart. But even if you take out the nostalgia I have for this book, The Perfect Neighbor is still a pretty great contemporary romance novel.

The Perfect Neighbor is the ninth book in the MacGregor series and focuses on Cybil Campbell,
Laydee
Nov 26, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The main character was just too much. Very self centered and always the victim. I didn't like that. I hated that Preston always ended up groveling when he wasn't the bad guy. Cybill over stayed, created situations, then didn't like the outcome. I love the McGregor Series... This one, probably the least.
Danielle
Mar 13, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aaaagh! Romantic cheese-fest! Love it.
Ginny
Feb 09, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pre-2005, donated
I enjoyed the MacGregor stories, no surprises here, but good quick romantic read.
Ofelia
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book with a happy ending
Melis
ı liked :) Love you Cybil & Preston
Pooja
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This was a wonderful way to end the MacGregor series, though I do wish Nora Roberts didn't leave the publisher and had been able to get the last 3 children's stories out.

This is the story of Cybil Campbell (daughter of Grant and Gennie) and Preston McQuinn. The two meet, as prearranged by Head Honcho MacGregor, in NYC when Preston moves into the apartment building. On a side note, just how rich are the MacGregors? They own an entire apartment building in NYC? And the story follows the same
Natasha  Briggs
Cybil was living in her own little happy world in the middle of New York city surrounded by her friends, till she got a new neighbor across the hall from her. Preston was a loner and did not care much for company. Preston liked to be by himself and didn't quite know what to do with somebody like Cybil. She burst into his life trying to help him. Little did she know that he didn't really want her help.

Preston was not sure what to do with Cybil, but everyday it became more apparent that she was
Naomi Ashwood
I enjoyed this book at the beginning. Cute girl, living a fun social life. In comes grumpy introvert guy. Girl gives all to guy, guy continues to be a bit of a nonchalant jerk, taking for granted all the things the girl does.

This book reminded me of a mixed bag of 1920s and 1990s. 20s because of the scenes in the jazz bar and the sex scene set up and 1990s because he is wearing black jeans and a tucked in black T-shirt with a leather jacket.

I quit reading after they visited the grandparents at
Bonnie Staughton
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm definitely not reading "The MacGregors" series in order as I seem to be starting out with #9!
But, as with most Nora Roberts's series, it isn't hard to follow no matter what book in the series you happen to pick up.

"The Perfect Neighbor" is the story of apartment neighbors Cybil Campbell and Preston MacGregor. A couple completely different in temperaments. It is a fast moving story and keeps your interest up. Though the story has it's ups and downs, you cheer the couple on and hope for a
Debby
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, roberts-nora
Cybil Campbell is the niece of Alan & Shelby MacGregor, so Daniel MacGregor treats her like another grandchild to be found a mate. Cybil is a sunny person who writes a syndicated comic strip. Daniel picks out playwrite Preston McQuinn and sends him to live in the NY apartment across from Cybil. She at first thinks he's a starving musician and tries to help him out. When she hires him as her date to escape her neighbors matchmaking, the sparks fly, but both have to overcome preconceptions and ...more
Elisa
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I generally like Nora Robert's MacGregors Series, but in this one I am not sure how much I like the couple. Cybil seems like a very nice and funny and bubbly person, while Preston is the total opposite. That could work, if he weren't a dick so often and, while she does stand up to him from time to time, she accepts it far too often for my taste, shrugging it off as "artist's behaviour", because her father had been the same way. That just doesn't do it for me. There's no excuse for being an ...more
Kay
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Another Nora Roberts series I missed, The MacGregors. And again, what can I say? She writes with many twists and turns with great character development. Love her books as she usually ends all her books with a warm, fuzzy feeling. Looking forward to rest of series.
Tracy
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it
Hope
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this book!!!
I really identified with the main character far more than I have with any of the others. She's just so me! LOL! Well, minus the fact that I can't draw a straight line. LOL!
Alayne
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had read all of the Macgregors books in the past but didn't know I'd missed this one. It was pretty good, but written to the formula. I guess the formula works, so why change it!
Elizabeth
Nice to see a successful professional woman in one of these romance lits.
Mackensi Green
2.25 This book was okay. I would have been fine if I never read it. The book didn’t get really good until the end and I kept wondering where the plot was.
Christina Kempton
Another winner
Cindy
"...hair the color of a well-fed mink's pelt." I guess that's better than a half-starved mink's pelt?
Jovana Kuzmanovic
One of the best in series. ...more
Bethany
Just okay.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

The MacGregors (10 books)
  • Playing The Odds (The MacGregors, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (The MacGregors, #2)
  • All The Possibilities (The MacGregors, #3)
  • One Man's Art (The MacGregors, #4)
  • For Now, Forever (The MacGregors, #5)
  • Rebellion (The MacGregors, #0.1)
  • The MacGregor Brides (The MacGregors, #7)
  • The Winning Hand (The MacGregors, #8)
  • The MacGregor Grooms (The MacGregors, #9)