Start by marking “Cortejando a Catherine (Calhouns #1)” as Want to Read:
Cortejando a Catherine (Calhouns #1)

Cortejando a Catherine

(The Calhouns #1)

La intención de Trent St. James era comprar la mansión Las Torres para convertirla en un hotel. Sin embargo, Catherine se resistía a vender la casa familiar a pesar de que sus hermanas habían accedido. Trent y Catherine eran opuestos, pero entre ellos surgió una atracción irresistible, algo que ninguno deseaba…
224 pages
Published May 16th 2012 by Harlequin (first published June 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Cortejando a Catherine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cortejando a Catherine

Start your review of Cortejando a Catherine (Calhouns #1)
Meags
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

Although an oldie now, Courting Catherine was an enjoyably sweet and breezy read. It’s been a long time since I’ve sat down and devoured a Nora Roberts book, but it always feels like coming home. There is something comforting and familiar in every one of her stories. The writing is always smooth and easy to read, offering up a cast of likeable characters who share banter and romance that just won’t quit.

Catherine “C.C.” Calhoun and her sisters are doing everything they can to keep thei
Sumeetha Manikandan
It was fun to read a love story like this one after a very long time. Sweet, simple and slightly old-fashioned. The girl says 'I love you' to the hero after knowing him for about two days. (It might be because her grandmother's spirit blesses them during a seance but that's beside the point). Frankly, it seemed like a Bollywood moment but oddly it works. I loved the book. It has a nice HEA and what's surprising is that the hero and heroine don't make love coz they want to wait until marriage. No ...more
Kajol
It didn't have a unique idea, or a daydream of a perfect love story, but the words that were written were as beautiful as any pearls I might have found in the jewels of creativity.

Courting Catherine is a wonderful book that I fell in love with as I turned one page after the other. I loved the concept which was a really amazing one, bringing two different souls together and adding blessings of the spirits of their loved ones who may no longer be alive but still had the enchanting power trap
Chitra *CJ*
"Courting Catherine" is the story of well.. the courting of Catherine by Trent.
Catherine and her three sisters live in their ancestral home with their aunt Coco, when the businessman Trent comes over to buy their old mansion.
Their is instant attraction between him and the sassy mechanic, and though initially he resists, soon he too befalls into the spell of love.
The book introduces the Calhoun family, the sisters and the tragic love story of Christian and Bianca mixed with the mystery of a missi
Cruth
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1991
Length: 150 pages
Setting: Contemporary, 1991. Mount Desert Island off the coast of Maine.
Sex: clean
Hero: Wealthy Real Estate / Hotel Developer.
Heroine: Mechanic

Highly enjoyable story with engaging characters and a good story leading into a 5-book series.

First released in the early 1990's as a Silhouette Romance (#801), Roberts provides a sweet, clean romance with the requisite rapid Love At First Sight, unsure Hero, strong but willing to be swept away her
Pam
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Courting Catherine is by Nora Roberts. It is one of the Calhoun sister’s books. It is a good book and one that if read alone makes perfect sense; but it lacks a little when you have already read the others. You know more of the history of the house and family.
CC Calhoun and her sisters are trying to save The Towers, their home and their heritage. They were brought up here in this house by their Aunt Cora after the sudden death of their parents. Aunt Cora tried her best to keep everything paid u
Jaime
Jul 21, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2009, series
This was one of NR’s Harlequin Silhouette series, so it’s pretty much straight romance. There is a thread of a mystery which is carried through the entire series… What happened to make Bianca (their great-grandmother) kill herself, and where is her famous emerald necklace?… but really the focus of this novel is the relationship between C.C. and Trent. The one thing NR always does so well is create characters that feel so real, they could walk in your front door at any moment. Here she hasn’t cre ...more
Tracy Fleming-Swehla
Slightly cheesy, but so what. Some laugh out loud moments, and I love the ghost in the tower and the mystery of the family jewels. Nora Roberts can write a sigh-able romance story. I'm diving into the next book in this series tonight!
Quinn's Book Nook
3.5

Classic Nora Roberts. It was pretty adorable. Short and quick (perfect for my reading slump). A little dated, but not horribly so.
Ash
Sep 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read
Alayne
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick and easy read from Nora Roberts. This is obviously the first in a set, as it ends with the romance sorted but the mystery still unsolved. Enjoyable.
Carolyn
Nov 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, kindle
In preparation for a trip next Fall, I am starting to read different books where their settings are in some of the cities we will be visiting. This one featured Bar Harbor, Maine.

They referred to visiting "The Park" which I know is Acadia National Park. It is the one of the top 10 most visited national parks in the US and has the highest rocky headlands along the Atlantic coastline. Sounds like that is a MUST SEE. They also reference the porcupine islands. Looking that up I se there is Bar Isla
Melissa
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Read as part of the anthology The Calhouns: Catherine, Amanda and Lilah

I think this was a nice start to this series of stories involving the Calhouns. All of the women have different personalities that make them unique and Aunt Coco is a delight!

CC and Trenton make an odd mix, the rich hotel executive and the grease monkey but it does prove to be opposites attract and in this case work out well. I didn't mind the instant heat and attraction between the two but the "I'm in love" happened faster t
Jen
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
The first in the Calhouns series introduces the Calhoun sisters and their intriguing home, The Towers. The sisters and their aunt Coco are in financial distress and are in trouble of losing their home. They've been approached by a hotel chain about buying The Towers and they are considering it because they can no longer afford the upkeep, even though they really don't want to leave. The Towers has been in the Calhoun family for generations and it has a legend and a ghost attached.

Catherine "CC"
Jessi
Originally published as a Harlequin series book, this is definitely a romance from the 90s, but it holds up pretty well.
Trenton St. James is excited to get the letter inviting him to the Towers, that the Calhoun family is ready to talk to him about selling their mansion so that Trent can build a hotel. On the way up to Maine, Trent's car starts making an odd noise and he stops at CCs to get it checked out. Little does he realize that CC is Catherine Colleen Calhoun and she is not pleased that he
aakanshya  shrestha
Talk about insta-love. Lol. This is the mother of all instalove. This is where it started kids 🤦‍♂️ saying 'I love you' , two days after you meet a man while also hating him the moment you laid your eyes on him. Yes ladies, that's the way to romance.

Still, I enjoyed reading it. It's a fun light read. And I liked Trent. The male lead in Nora Robert's books are always so likeable.

The rest of the books in the series are gonna be about the rest of the Calhoun sisters and their romance and I am her
Samantha
Man is successful, emotionally distant and from out of town. Woman is headstrong, resistant and won't put up with his crap. Nora Roberts doesn't reinvent the wheel. She just takes the tropes that interest her and works them, and they're brisk, light, escapist reads. She really is a master.

I liked the setting of this story, with the cliffs and the Tower and whatnot. I have this as part of a trilogy and I'll read all three.
Brittany Sorrell
The love story felt rushed, the book was dedicated to setting up the plot of the series rather than developing the relationship between Catherine and Trent. I was not sold on the feelings between the two main characters. If you compare this to the feel of other Nora Roberts series, it falls sadly short.
Sean Harding
First in a five book series by prolific author Nora Roberts and this one unlike the last few I have read from her is not a snore feat - it is not brilliant but is more interesting than the others, perhaps being written a bit later she has honed her craft somewhat.
Still very generic and not the greatest bit of literature but it was fair.
Escapist Lily, Based-On-Personal-Satisfaction Rater
It had stopped being good since (view spoiler). Not cool, dude. And then her sisters were like "oooh, goood".

I had to DNF it.

And let me get serious for a bit. I believe when any author makes it okay for the hero to force himself on the heroine because he is the hero of the story, the author just might as well promote rape culture.
Nicole
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, romance
Courting Catherine - #1 The Calhouns

“Falling in love has nothing to do with time. It can take a year, or an instant. It happens when its ready to happen.”

<< In this case it took Catherine (also called CC) a few days to fall in love with (for her) the wrong guy. She is blaming him for not loving her and not wanting to marry her after day know eachother for what was it, maybe two weeks. Weird right!? This was meant to be insta love cute but it didn't fellt like love at all. I missed the chemistr
Mary
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love romance stories and this one did not disappoint. I did not want it to end and thankfully there are four after this one. I look forward to following this interesting plot and getting to know the main characters better.
Kay
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Nora Roberts Calhoun series. What can you say? Such a great writer. Roberts has phenomenal character development in her books that she could have many on-going series. Very much enjoyed the story line in this book with the turns that were taken. Looking forward to rest of series.
Rita
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: calhoun-by-nora
The Calhoun sisters live with their Aunt after the death of their parents. This series includes mystery and love. It was fun to read a love story like this one. Sweet, simple and slightly old-fashioned.
Elizabeth Carr
Not my thing at all but if you like a modern romance with no bad language or graphic sexual content you can try this. Its well written snd its quite nice. Comfort reading for romance fans i would say.
Donald
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a little disappointed that the didn't go further into the story of the Towers, but I guess that will come in the next batch.
Roslynn
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome start to a great series. Love this couple - especially picturing fiesty CAT in her overalls telling Trent how his car works.
Shannon Murdoch-morris
Love, love, love the characters. I was a little worried that the girl and guy wouldn't get together in this one. Love Nora Roberts and this is up there in my list of faves.
Belinda
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: roman
4 stars - English paperback - I have dyslexia - Thanks Simone for the read. 🌹😀🦋🌸
Belkis Santos
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love always wins

I liked this novel a lot. It shows that when two people are really in love it wins. Even though there is resistance from one of them love has a way of winning.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Death by Dark Waters (A DCI Satterthwaite Mystery Book 1)
  • The River is Down
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including Hideaway, Under Currents, Come Sundown and coming in November 2020 -- The Awakening -- the first book in The Dragon Heart Legacy. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print. ...more

The Calhouns (5 books)
  • A Man for Amanda (The Calhouns, #2)
  • For the Love of Lilah (The Calhouns, #3)
  • Suzanna's Surrender (The Calhouns, #4)
  • Megan's Mate (The Calhouns, #5)