Start by marking “French Kissing: Season One (French Kissing, #1-6)” as Want to Read:
French Kissing: Season One (French Kissing, #1-6)

French Kissing: Season One

(French Kissing #1-6)

French Kissing: Season One (Episodes 1-6)

Paris… City of lights, City of love

French Kissing follows a group of Parisian women as they navigate the stormy waters of love and life.

Claire and Juliette have been best friends for twenty years. Together they own a successful PR agency, but their journey to success has come at a price. Juliette and her partner Nadia have drifted
Published June 12th 2014 by Ladylit

To ask other readers questions about French Kissing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about French Kissing

Start your review of French Kissing: Season One (French Kissing, #1-6)
Sprinkles
WHO LOVES LESBIAN DRAMA?

*raises my own hand and marks the results as 100% without looking for others' opinions*

Wow. That was a lot. If anyone else vibes well with French Kissing Ep 1 (free on Kindle), then do yourself a favor and buy the whole series. It contains all three seasons for $8.99, which is cheaper than many single books. Over 800 pages, y'all! And there's a lot of sex! Woohoo!

How can I break this story down? I feel like I ingested a tv series (shout out to the L Word references I mad
Corporate Slave
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can’t believe I just discovered this series ! Incredible is an understatement!
Corrie
After buying the latest season of French Kissing I really needed a refresher course. I only read season one and that was back in 2016. I remember there was a lot of sex and buckets of drama.

Re-reading it was fun. It’s basically a lesbian soap opera set in the city of love. Our main characters are a group of mostly 40-somethings who work, drink and fuck with flair (it must be the French touch). Hearts soar high with love and get sadly broken. It’s quite a ride!

f/f explicit

Themes: Paris, PR firm,
Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V.
I read this series in its 6 installments and still plan on owning the whole boxed set series. I love everything that Harper writes for some very specific reasons:

Realistic Romance: If you tell me the only way the H/h are going to hook up is if magically one finds the dollar bill that the other wrote their number on 10 years ago, I'm going to punch you in the face. Harper makes her romance real; painful, all consuming, difficult, and not always are the best intentions realized.

Character Developme
T.B. Markinson
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lesbian-romance
An addictive lesbian romance series with lots of drama, laughs, and steamy scenes.
Noria
This book was gay and sex and gay and drama and gay and wine and gay and Paris. I mean, this was book was amazingly gay. And sexy! Utterly sexy! The type of sexy that will have you realizing that you're not having enough sex in your life and even if you are, you totally are not having the great sex that this women are having. You are also not getting embroiled in their level of drama (I mean there is all kinds of drama in this. Workplace drama. Ex-girlfriend drama. Cheating drama. Opposing polit ...more
Tara
Oh man. Big, messy feelings abound in this one. I'm so glad I read it all on one go, because the suspense of waiting for each installment would have been intense!

2017 reread: I still loved this one!

With six main characters, you’d think things would get a little confusing, but it actually doesn’t. It’s written in the third person with the perspective shifting between Juliette, Nadia, Claire, Margot and Steph. This lets us see what they’re like together as a group, individually, and when they’re p
Mirtha Siblesz
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

I was glued to this story from start to finish. It was riveting and I'm not sure if the author meant it to be this way but it felt like I was ra reading a soap opera which was fun. The characters were very well developed and you couldn't help but root for them to get their life on track. On to season two!
Rea Nicole ✰
PHENOMENAL serial novel set in Paris as a small group of friends navigate love, success, betrayal, drama, and still find time for drinks and pleasure.

Read my individual episode reviews:
Episode One | Episode Two | Episode Three | Episode Four | Episode Five | Episode Six

Mummy's Naughty Corner
Well what can a say, this was an addictive, steamy entertaining read. Ms Bliss is a goddess of erotica. The story developed at a great pace and the characters are so connectible. Every episode has twists and turns, and leaves you loving a different character. Every time I finished a part I had a new favourite and quite a few times I did want to curse the author because I had to wait to see what happened next. You guys are lucky because it's all out.

Even if lesbian loving is not your thing I sug
Laz the Sailor
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: smut
This is fun! As noted elsewhere, it's a soap-opera. Every chance at happiness must be thwarted at least once. There are 3 couples, a few rogue agents, families and politics galore! And if you're allergic to infidelity, then you might skip this one.

The sex scenes are spicy and varied. The only thing missing was menage, but that was hinted at.

It all ends well - with the dun-dun-duh surprise at the very end to force you to wait all summer for Season 2!
Weetniet7
Enough wetness to fill an ocean, enough booze to sink Paris and more drama than the L word.
Bring on the next one.
Loek Krancher
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down!

A fantastic story with strong but complex friendships. Based in the city of love, Paris. A story with characters that are very passionate, relatable and interesting. I enjoyed reading about how these friend's lives unfold. It's about falling in love, compassion, betrayal and forgiveness (or not). The right mix of love and hot sex. I cannot wait to read the next installment and I would definitely recommend it.
Bree Paige
Dang!!! This book is so frustrating.. Really..
It was strated with problems the story flows with lots of problems and then ends with problem..
But I love it except of Margot's story line.
But I love Steph so much.. so it was even.
The Love scene are not much or not less so it was even too. All in all it was a good read..
Tracy Hall
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this "novel". great character development over the course of the book. I found myself becoming very invested in the characters and really look forward to season 2!! ...more
Dalin
Hot. Heavy. And hot some more. Full of heartaches, headaches, devastations... and hurt some more. There were times that I just wanted to throw my Kindle out of the window because of what the characters did, then I realized they were only fictional, but they seemed so real. Like you could almost feel their pain and what they were going through. Should I see a therapist for that?
Janet
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow interesting, love all the characters. Good read
Eliza
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was amazing, I literally binged 40 hours of these audibooks in two weeks.

Abby Craden is a goddess, and I want more Juliette and Nadia sex scenes though, it's so god damn hot.
Tacie
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2018-reads, lgbt
This was the first Harper Bliss book that I've read.
I really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed each of the characters and their story lines. I love this group of women. They're spectacular. This book was definitely a page turner for me. I stayed up late and woke up early to read this book. The passion these characters exude for love, life and each other is infectious. I was enthralled with Margot and Claire, obsessed with Julz and Nadia, and infatuated with Steph and Dominique.
Fantastic story by Ha
Ashley
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was pretty good, I tend to like this author and I enjoyed reading from the different point of views of the characters. It did remind me of the L Word quite a bit both in good ways and bad. The drama can be fun but after a while a bit tiresome plus all the cheating I don't care for. I liked the relationship building, found the love scenes to go a range of very good to wow that's a bit excessive on the detail. Just a personal preference though, that may work for some! ...more
Jane Shambler
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's more than good

It's excellent. High drama, complicated partnerships and Paris in the summer. What more could you want to lighten the darkness of winter. Harper has exceeded herself and i'm really looking forward to season two. Read and you'll be hooked in no time. Great read with passion as a side dish.
NerdyGirlBooks
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I’m speechless. This was such a good read that I honestly don’t know where to begin but I’ll try. As soon as I started reading this season I knew I was up to an adventure.

The dynamic between each character was so beautifully written that I felt as if I was part of the book. I needed to know what would happen with each woman and each couple because it was so interestingly written!

I had an interest in reading this series for quite some time but something always stopped me from it and now I
RD
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best way for me to define this series is to say it’s the Grey’s Anatomy or lesbian novels. Soapy drama, lots of angst, sex, and very little actually happens that’s it’s not related to their love affairs (and since you follow four main characters there’s not much room for more). Also all the cliches of “I bet this person will come back” apply here, to the point that has you rolling your eyes. I know they’re French but I can’t happen to imagine them speaking Spanish in one of of those funny te ...more
J
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dangerously addictive. like the urge you often have when binge watch tv shows. Each episode is short enough and there’s almost always some kind of cliffhanger, so it’s just so easy to cling on to know what’s going to happen.

As many reviewers have said already, the series is a lot like ‘the L word’, in print. Meaning, too much drama, and plenty of sex, the hot ones too when we’re at it. And i mean, i’m all for that, promise. It’s just, it gets to the point when too much is, you know, just too mu
monica.b.czuba
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
French Kissing: Season One

Great story and read. One that revolves around four different women Clare and Juliette who started a business which has grown and is quite successful .Stephanie joined them and has become a good friend as well, she also doesn't do relationships.Nadia is Juliette partner of ten years she also has a secret which she isn't sure how to tell her. Clare start to date Margot a surgeon.And Stephanie start dating Domonique a politician.
Love the way author Harper Bliss has writte
J
I loved this book! It was the perfect combination of romantic relationships from new love to long term, friendships, and drama. The characters were fully developed, each one very much her own person whose strengths and weaknesses were very well drawn. This is my favorite kind of book, one which has plenty of romance within a group of friends, while at the same time, the individual friendships as well as the group dynamic as a whole are given equal time. It's a long book, so there is plenty of ti ...more
Sam
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With a title like French Kissing Season One you are expecting some of it and more.
The book lives up to its title and then some. Aside from the steamy scenes, there is a lot of character that gets built in this book and I suspect in the following books (seasons).
Also naming it season is rather good, as it is a rather long book especially for the genre. Not that I minded, I couldn't put it down.
I like that it's not all clear from the get-go what will happen with the characters and their relations
Rose Lindgren
Dec 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, lgbt
I enjoyed reading this book although it felt a little long and was pretty easy to put down in favor of other ‘currently reading’ books. The characters have depth and flaws and the storyline is interesting albeit a bit melodramatic. I wish that the author had done a little more with the setting in Paris. The ending is an enticing cliffhanger and I look forward to reading the next in the series.
Cristian
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This really was a roller caster!

I really love everything about the story. The multiple perspective narrative was amazing. It is like having a small glimpse of what is happening from each character. I liked the development each character had. Incredible. Cannot wait to start season 2.
Maz Tucker
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. The characters are so well written you start to think of them as your best friends. This first season sees all sorts of issues get thrown at the group of friends. But the most over riding factor, is the strength of the friendship. The sex scenes are pretty steamy too!!

• Hotel Queens
  • Back to September
  • Who'd Have Thought
  • Just Three Words (Soho Loft, #2)
  • Wrong Number, Right Woman
  • Eyes Like Those (Seven Shores, #1)
  • The Red Files
  • If the Shoe Fits
  • The X Ingredient
  • Kiss the Girl (Soho Loft, #1)
  • Heart of Ice
  • And Playing the Role of Herself
  • The Delicate Things We Make
  • Reaping the Benefits
See top shelves…
Harper Bliss is a best-selling lesbian romance author. Among her most-loved books are the highly dramatic French Kissing and the often thought-provoking Pink Bean series. She is the co-founder of My LesFic, a weekly newsletter offering discount deals on lesbian fiction.

Harper lived in Hong Kong for 7 years, travelled the world for a bit, and has now settled in Brussels (Belgium) with her wife and

French Kissing (10 books)
  • French Kissing: Episode One
  • French Kissing: Episode Eight
  • French Kissing: Episode Nine
  • French Kissing: Episode Ten

News & Interviews

“Let me show you what right-wing conservatives can do with their tongue.” 0 likes